Repub Party

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The party of fear, hate, and ignorance....

GOP Lawmakers Want To Remove Vice Chairman For Being Muslim

https://hillreporter.com/tarrant-county-texas-gop-voting-to-remove-muslim-vice-chairman-20679

Yeah, that's not fucking legal.

. This (Shafi) story has gained national attention and has put the party in a bad light, all thanks to the actions of a few.”

So is it a few or is it the GOP there?  Regardless it’s crazy. Though I think a few here would like to remove any politician with any religious beliefs ;)

I don't care if politicians religious beliefs at all (caring about that would disqualify nearly everyone, lol). I only care if they apply their religious beliefs to their decision making or overall platform, outside of the "do no harm" kinds of beliefs, since those should be held by all people, religious or not.
    Their religious beliefs are their morals....so you want them to ignore their beliefs when they govern? Thats a pretty tough thing to do I bet. I’d bet you’d govern by your morals and beliefs.

I completely disagree that religious beliefs are their morals. If that were true, I and other Atheists would have no morals, which is not the case.
    Yes, I expect them to ignore their religious beliefs. I.e. I expect them to ignore their anti-abortionist or anti-gay sentiments, for example, as they apply to their jobs because they go against the constitution. Politicians have to abide by the law and the constitution (or Charter of Rights) and by what is best for the citizens under those rules, NOT by their religious beliefs. If their religious beliefs (or morals) coincide with what is demanded by law and constitution, that's nice for everybody.
    Fair enough. Good discussion. I actually tend to align with you but have had some discussions with friends recently.

Although I don’t think ignoring anti-abortion is even a religious thing ;). Cause I ain’t religious at all and I wouldn’t ignore it.

hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

https://hillreporter.com/tarrant-county-texas-gop-voting-to-remove-muslim-vice-chairman-20679

. This (Shafi) story has gained national attention and has put the party in a bad light, all thanks to the actions of a few.”

So is it a few or is it the GOP there?  Regardless it’s crazy. Though I think a few here would like to remove any politician with any religious beliefs ;)

I don't care if politicians religious beliefs at all (caring about that would disqualify nearly everyone, lol). I only care if they apply their religious beliefs to their decision making or overall platform, outside of the "do no harm" kinds of beliefs, since those should be held by all people, religious or not.
    Their religious beliefs are their morals....so you want them to ignore their beliefs when they govern? Thats a pretty tough thing to do I bet. I’d bet you’d govern by your morals and beliefs.

I completely disagree that religious beliefs are their morals. If that were true, I and other Atheists would have no morals, which is not the case.
    Yes, I expect them to ignore their religious beliefs. I.e. I expect them to ignore their anti-abortionist or anti-gay sentiments, for example, as they apply to their jobs because they go against the constitution. Politicians have to abide by the law and the constitution (or Charter of Rights) and by what is best for the citizens under those rules, NOT by their religious beliefs. If their religious beliefs (or morals) coincide with what is demanded by law and constitution, that's nice for everybody.
    Fair enough. Good discussion. I actually tend to align with you but have had some discussions with friends recently.

Although I don’t think ignoring anti-abortion is even a religious thing ;). Cause I ain’t religious at all and I wouldn’t ignore it.

Well, I don't expect anti-abortionists to get abortions themselves. I'm not unreasonable. ;)

FWIW, this expectation is actually realistic, apparently. Stephen Harper, Canada's ex (awful) Conservative Prime Minister is a complete hardcore Christian fundamentalist. But I absolutely give him full credit for not really bringing that into his leadership. He never even tried to politicize abortion or gay marriage, and never did anything else that made me feel like he was ruling via his religious beliefs either. I hate his fucking guts and he did tons of sinister, shitty things IMO, but I'm still willing to compliment him for that at least. In fact, many Canadians didn't even know he's really religious, and are genuinely surprised to discover what a huge Bible thumper he actually is (once you find out though, it's not surprising for long... he totally looks like a fundamentalist :lol: ). 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, I don't expect anti-abortionists to get abortions themselves. I'm not unreasonable. ;)

FWIW, this expectation is actually realistic, apparently. Stephen Harper, Canada's ex (awful) Conservative Prime Minister is a complete hardcore Christian fundamentalist. But I absolutely give him full credit for not really bringing that into his leadership. He never even tried to politicize abortion or gay marriage, and never did anything else that made me feel like he was ruling via his religious beliefs either. I hate his fucking guts and he did tons of sinister, shitty things IMO, but I'm still willing to compliment him for that at least. In fact, many Canadians didn't even know he's really religious, and are genuinely surprised to discover what a huge Bible thumper he actually is (once you find out though, it's not surprising for long... he totally looks like a fundamentalist :lol: ). 

The danger we have here is we have 40% of voters will never vote democrat because of this issue. Gives the GOP a nice little lead at the bottom of the first.

Is there such a loyal voting block in Canda? I surmise if there was such a passionate core group, it would draw politicians to their cause?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

i'm pretty sure harper didn't bring those issues into his politics not because of some morality he had about separation of church and state, rather knowing it would have been political suicide. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

The danger we have here is we have 40% of voters will never vote democrat because of this issue. Gives the GOP a nice little lead at the bottom of the first.

Is there such a loyal voting block in Canda? I surmise if there was such a passionate core group, it would draw politicians to their cause?

Canadians generally understand the value of the separation of Church and State. Politicians don't generally dare to bring religion into it. Our "loyal voting blocks" mainly revolve around economics, the energy sector, environmental policy, and social issues such as crime and immigration and stuff like that. Gay marriage was instituted a very long time ago with basically zero controversy and without controversy since, the new doctor assisted suicide laws came in with very little controversy like that - the main issue there was actually that the rules surrounding it are too restrictive - abortion never really comes up at all.... Canadians just aren't religious nuts when it goes against our Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Generally speaking. Nothing close to what the USA is like in this context. Now of course we do have some anti-gay freaks who have issues on a local level, trying to prevent gay and trans issues to be taught or supported in schools (they think their kids can be converted to gayness :lol: ), but they are soundly shot down every time, at least so far.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

There are anti-discrimination laws in this country that protect against said action based on race, CREED, color, age, and marital status.  I don't know exactly the legal structure of the local GOP, but I'd be willing to be that removing someone for their creed would be coming awfully close, if not crossing the line.  The difference may be is because it's a vote, and you can't litigate the reason someone votes. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Ture that.  That's a religious narrative that only way to attain morals is threat of eternal burning in hell if you have a wank or wear cotton or men kissing men or coveting thy neighbors wife.

When not in threat of burning in hell or dangling the carrot of eternal bliss in heaven, you realize the only thing that is precious is life.  Being conscience is the greatest gift especially on this beautiful planet.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    If accurate... those two tweets detailing the Republican demographics are the most damning things I've seen on the MT.

I'm not kidding.
    No doubt unreal .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Another classy repub......
     An Emboldened Rep. Steve King Wants to Know When “White Supremacist” Became Offensive. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/steve-king-white-supremacy-trump-border-wall.html
     An Emboldened Rep. Steve King Wants to Know When “White Supremacist” Became Offensive. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/steve-king-white-supremacy-trump-border-wall.html
    Despicable human ..
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Despicable human ..
    *Deplorable
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Finally the GOP starts to take some action on the reprehensible King, or at least talk about it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/kevin-mccarthy-steve-king-white-supremacist-action_us_5c3b6509e4b0922a21d5de31?ec_carp=3340719418014702408
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • I posted this in the America is awesome thread. I think it is more appropriate here:

https://twitter.com/rbreich/status/1083946575146020869?s=21
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • These guys are so clueless. And they considered themselves presidential material? Maybe the should go to Canada with Randy Paul and hold a vigil? Such leadership.

https://apple.news/Abz4o0xhhReOWiRydR0BiaA

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    They're selling the country out to Russia.  And they aren't even being sneaky about it.  They know they are untouchable.  Oh, how Putin must laugh.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russia-sanctions-oleg-deripaska-gop_us_5c3f7588e4b0a8dbe16d0c82

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    They're selling the country out to Russia.  And they aren't even being sneaky about it.  They know they are untouchable.  Oh, how Putin must laugh.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russia-sanctions-oleg-deripaska-gop_us_5c3f7588e4b0a8dbe16d0c82

Yep those senators are totally bowing down to Putin..
  • Where’s the senate committee investigating the four American deaths in Syria after Team Trump Treason and the VP claimed to the American people that ISIS was defeated and the troops can come home? Where’s Tom “I’m A Warrior, Hear Me Roar” Cotton? How and on what evidence did Team Trump Treason base his decision? The families of those killed deserve answers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Where’s the senate committee investigating the four American deaths in Syria after Team Trump Treason and the VP claimed to the American people that ISIS was defeated and the troops can come home? Where’s Tom “I’m A Warrior, Hear Me Roar” Cotton? How and on what evidence did Team Trump Treason base his decision? The families of those killed deserve answers.
    I would suspect they might say...if we had withdrawn immediately no one would have died.  I'm certain the spin on this one will be great.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • #justwalkawayalready

https://apple.news/Ay-AltZOQRl-aNk4yANfjrw

But this one smells like rubles. Or a dot? Pennsylvania was one of those electoral states, right? 66% of the vote for re-election? Early Team Trump Treason supporter? Hmmmmmmm.

Brilliantati©
  • Your repub party ladies and gentlemen 

https://apple.news/ABsxOmnKARCumsthDjflSug

So civil. Come on libs, tone it down and play nice now.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Your repub party ladies and gentlemen 

And people ask why the dems are not accused of racism the way that the republicans are. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Your repub party ladies and gentlemen 

And people ask why the dems are not accused of racism the way that the republicans are. 

Dems are racist against  gun toting bible thumping white people who are just trying to earn a living 

Keep up
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • A party you can be really proud of! And some doubt that there could be 20-22MM white nationalists that support Team Trump Treason?

https://apple.news/AVxte8zMPTuWVVFflGCkpYg

Brilliantati©
    A party you can be really proud of! And some doubt that there could be 20-22MM white nationalists that support Team Trump Treason?

Wowee. The "Katrina Victim" kicker clinches it. Holy fuck, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    A party you can be really proud of! And some doubt that there could be 20-22MM white nationalists that support Team Trump Treason?

Wowee. The "Katrina Victim" kicker clinches it. Holy fuck, lol.
    Ohh he was only having fun no what a creep just like the whole party and leaders starting with the baffoon they only wan't you here if you are white and from Europe !!

I'm sure that he is now up for a position with the ruling regime or a 2 hr nightly slot on focksnooze.
  • Where’s the outrage about making Nazi comparisons? Where’s the outrage about cheapening the horror of the Holocaust? How is it possible that this comparison can be made when Democrats haven’t set up camps yet? Unless you’re counting the FEMA camps Obama set up? Desperate times on the right, eh professor?

https://apple.news/AdS2le_T-TmuvwOH2Dzr7VA

Brilliantati©
    edited January 2019
    Where’s the outrage about making Nazi comparisons? Where’s the outrage about cheapening the horror of the Holocaust? How is it possible that this comparison can be made when Democrats haven’t set up camps yet? Unless you’re counting the FEMA camps Obama set up? Desperate times on the right, eh professor?

https://apple.news/AdS2le_T-TmuvwOH2Dzr7VA
    I believe that it's only the right who gets upset about these kinds of comparisons because the right knows that the comparisons made against Trump and the GOP now are fucking apt. "The [right] doth protest too much!" The left doesn't give a shit about this because it's not an apt comparison. It's just stupid. Obviously. And Rush fucking Limbaugh certainly doesn't have the power to cheapen the holocaust. Don't give him so much credit.
This discussion has been closed.