2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    edited January 2019
    Pap said:
    Wobbie said: imagine if hayward had stayed....
    Poncier said: It hasn't been pretty most night this season. Still looks like he is working his way back from the injury, Shows the occasional flash of his former self, but nothing consistent yet.
    We don't need no Hayward. We have the more experienced Korver. Get back Boozer and we're set. :smiley:
    Boozer is definitely not the answer...

Neither is Korver.
  • Boston tops Toronto and GS with their usual 3rd quarter blitzkrieg overtakes the Pelicans...

Ever notice how the Warriors consistently kill in the 3rd quarter?  Seriously.  It's uncanny. 
  • Oh and the Rockets lost albeit Hardens 58 to the Nets...

Dude had 23 shots at the FT line.  Damn it man!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    23scidoo said:
    I hope Celtics send a message like Warriors did last night..
    I wouldn’t count on it...

count on it!
     ;) 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I haven't been following the NBA much this season.  I mean, I follow my Pacers, check their scores and highlights, but I haven't been paying attention to the rest of the league.  Obviously I know about Harden's run because it's all over social media and TV, but I don't know much else that's going on.  It seems that Indiana is playing well, but can't beat any of the big dogs.  That's assuming the Celtics, Raptors, Bucks, & 76ers are the big dogs in the East, anyway? I haven't even checked the standings.  :i_dunno:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I haven't been following the NBA much this season.  I mean, I follow my Pacers, check their scores and highlights, but I haven't been paying attention to the rest of the league.  Obviously I know about Harden's run because it's all over social media and TV, but I don't know much else that's going on.  It seems that Indiana is playing well, but can't beat any of the big dogs.  That's assuming the Celtics, Raptors, Bucks, & 76ers are the big dogs in the East, anyway? I haven't even checked the standings.  :i_dunno:
    Case in point.... Sixers by 24 last night.
  • Lakers beat OKC in OT.... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Oh and the Rockets lost albeit Hardens 58 to the Nets...

I’m not a harden hater, but not a fan of his bogus foul drawing or his bunny steps.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

I’m not a harden hater, but not a fan of his bogus foul drawing or his bunny steps.
    Agreed.  There was a ref that wasn't calling that crap so I thought that he chilled w all that.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Wobbie said: I’m not a harden hater, but not a fan of his bogus foul drawing or his bunny steps.
    :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Easy for the Bucks and now
    Go Greens!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Why so many games early today??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    23scidoo said:
    Mlk day
  • 23scidoo said:
    Mlk day
    I wish it’d still start in Memphis, made sense.
  • 23scidoo said:
    Mlk day
    Big shoe release day too.
    23scidoo said:
    Mlk day
    Thanks, i read about that on net..
    Freak vs Rookie of the Year tonight!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited January 2019
    Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls
    No one cares...
    Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls

how much more money is he owed?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Wobbie said:

His style of play is atrocious to watch with all his flopping and travelling. He's just taking advantage at the terrible application of any rules by the refs, but it needs to be stopped. 
    He's a great player, but his current run is helped by the fact that his usage rate is through the roof and C Paul is out. I'll never rate Harden as one of the top 3 players until he can do something significant on the playoffs. Too many times in the last few years has he come up short in big games/moments
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • No Coder said:
    Wobbie said:

His style of play is atrocious to watch with all his flopping and travelling. He's just taking advantage at the terrible application of any rules by the refs, but it needs to be stopped. 
    He's a great player, but his current run is helped by the fact that his usage rate is through the roof and C Paul is out. I'll never rate Harden as one of the top 3 players until he can do something significant on the playoffs. Too many times in the last few years has he come up short in big games/moments
    When he got stuffed by Ginobili I was shocked.  

He still needs to make up for that...

He is absolutely killing it right now though.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    So we are abit more than half way through the season and I have to ask?  where is the love for the raptors.  ties with most road wins with GS and ties with the bucks for most home wins.  they have already played more games than the rest of the NBA.  already did the west conference tour and beat GS twice.

Keep hearing about boston who are below 500 on the road and to be honest have not even played a tough schedule so far.

Yes I am a raptors fan
  • fife said:
    So we are abit more than half way through the season and I have to ask?  where is the love for the raptors.  ties with most road wins with GS and ties with the bucks for most home wins.  they have already played more games than the rest of the NBA.  already did the west conference tour and beat GS twice.

Keep hearing about boston who are below 500 on the road and to be honest have not even played a tough schedule so far.

Yes I am a raptors fan
    Kawhi is good up there but the story doesn't sell.  That is why you hear "Boston, blah blah blah Boston".

They should be in the Conference finals this year.  No more first round outs and no more Lebron the Raptor slayer to face.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife said:

Yes I am a raptors fan
    Kawhi is good up there but the story doesn't sell.  That is why you hear "Boston, blah blah blah Boston".

They should be in the Conference finals this year.  No more first round outs and no more Lebron the Raptor slayer to face.
    Just another point, Leonard has missed so far 13 games this season, Lowery has missed 11 games, Jv has missed 19 games.  the Raptors have not really even played with their full team for a long time.  but I agree being in Canada doesn't sell down south.  should be an interesting playoff. 
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    fife said:
    fife said:

Yes I am a raptors fan

Just another point, Leonard has missed so far 13 games this season, Lowery has missed 11 games, Jv has missed 19 games.  the Raptors have not really even played with their full team for a long time.  but I agree being in Canada doesn't sell down south.  should be an interesting playoff. 
    They have been good and Pascal Siakam will be in running for most improved award. I have never been a huge fan of Lowry, he goes missing in playoffs too often, but they should give it a very serious nudge this year. They'll have too as I still don't see Leonard staying there next year
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Victor Oladipo’s knee cap moved to a spot that knee caps should never go. Not good.  Had to be stretchered off the court. 

Pacers season is in jeopardy. 
    so, sorry.....

harden is 5 of 20 from 3

22 of 25 free throws

not seeing any generational greatness here. more of a “compiler”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • No Coder said:
    fife said:
    fife said:

Yes I am a raptors fan

They have been good and Pascal Siakam will be in running for most improved award. I have never been a huge fan of Lowry, he goes missing in playoffs too often, but they should give it a very serious nudge this year. They'll have too as I still don't see Leonard staying there next year
    So here is the deal with Toronto.  It's a GREAT basketball town.  You think DeRozan wanted to leave?!?
    The city embraces their team.  Drake is a YUGE supporter of the Raptors and one of the biggest stars on the planet so they have that going for them.

If they do well in the playoffs, which I think they do, Kawhi will stay.  I don't see him playing with Lebron...