2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    I love that everywhere I see this posted there are a bunch of dumbasses yelling "4 steps, 5 steps, travel!"  I see 2.  You could say 3 but the first is practically simultaneous with picking up the ball.
    3 steps.  I see that for sure.
    Yeah I can see that. Definitely isn't 4 or 5 though!
    The NBA has given players that "transition" step for a while now.
    Transition "steps". Kind of hard to play D vs. that. Also, why can't guys in the post get this transition step? Big guys always get screwed.
    Euro step baby!
    I guess
    Back in HS I could take long drives from the 3 pt line and do a layup and was called for travel.  I would show everyone in slowmo that just because I can jump that far in two steps it's not traveling.

So I invented that shit, well kinda...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I'm not sold on the Sixers trade just yet as the team doesn't seem to have cohesion, yet...
    Harris is a perfect fit...
    Something is wrong w the team though.  You think adding him makes Embiid and Butler not fight for the ball?
    All "super teams" have that same problem though. I'm not worried about Embiid. Butler? Who knows...

Just looking at the general make up of that starting five? I love it. Harris gives them so much more spacing which is key for Embiid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Stupid...
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25946412/76ers-trade-former-no-1-pick-markelle-fultz-magic

Fultz is gone.  I remember someone saying they might trade him and I remember saying "who'd want him?!?"

Well, now we know.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    I love that everywhere I see this posted there are a bunch of dumbasses yelling "4 steps, 5 steps, travel!"  I see 2.  You could say 3 but the first is practically simultaneous with picking up the ball.
    Transition "steps". Kind of hard to play D vs. that. Also, why can't guys in the post get this transition step? Big guys always get screwed.
    Euro step baby!
    N
    Euro Step?. Bob Cousy was probably making that move when he played. 
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Euro step baby!
    I guess
    Back in HS I could take long drives from the 3 pt line and do a layup and was called for travel.  I would show everyone in slowmo that just because I can jump that far in two steps it's not traveling.

I believe you invented it before some European.
  • cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Euro step baby!
    N
    He wasn't.  Watch some old footage and you'll see some cool ass passes though.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Euro step baby!
    I guess

wasn't Ginobli was the 1st to use it in the NBA?  and since he isn't European why is it called a Euro step?
  • pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Euro step baby!
    I guess

wasn't Ginobli was the 1st to use it in the NBA?  and since he isn't European why is it called a Euro step?
    They saw me wearing a Yugoslavia jersey back in Junior High man.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Euro step baby!
    I guess

The move was first brought into the NBA in 1989, primarily by Šarūnas Marčiulionis, now generally accepted as the league's first practitioner of the move. The move was further popularized in North America in the 2000s by Manu Ginóbili, who arrived in the NBA from the Italian league, though Ginobili honed the move while playing on playgrounds in his native Argentina.
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    BEAT LA!!
    BEAT LA!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I can't believe it!!!..fuck..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Euro step baby!
    N
    Maybe he didn't, and i wasn't able to watch all of his games he played back then>LOL, but you'd have to think that some players were doing it around then or by the 60's? 
  • cutz said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Euro step baby!
    N
    Maybe he didn't, and i wasn't able to watch all of his games he played back then>LOL, but you'd have to think that some players were doing it around then or by the 60's? 
    I know what you mean.  It wasn't nearly as exaggerated as it is now.  Hell, Cousy was no lookin' way before Pistol Pete was.

The only thing that was really introduced in the modern era of basketball is the crossover.  That move has morphed into some serious carrying.  Watch the guy "hot sauce"  or "the Professor" on youtube, it's streetball but the kids go crazy for it.

Professors old logo even has him carrying the ball, lol.
    Image result for professor basketball logo
  • Ummm, do you think that Lebron is picking his allstar team as a recruitment tool?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    The NBA has turned into such a joke.  So much drama with all the cryptic tweets and instagram stories.  Feels like people get more excited about trades and offseason moves than the actual games.  And then the Warriors will just win it all again.  Rinse and repeat.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    The NBA has turned into such a joke.  So much drama with all the cryptic tweets and instagram stories.  Feels like people get more excited about trades and offseason moves than the actual games.  And then the Warriors will just win it all again.  Rinse and repeat.
    Indeed. Part of my satisfaction of being a Pacers fan is that no one gives a shit about us!  I can just watch the games and enjoy some hoops.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Ummm, do you think that Lebron is picking his allstar team as a recruitment tool?
    Not LeBron, he'd never do such a thing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Poncier said:
    Ummm, do you think that Lebron is picking his allstar team as a recruitment tool?
    Not like he hasn't already been on AS teams with these guys.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Not like he hasn't already been on AS teams with these guys.
    Yeah but Lebrons team is a who's who of free agency and trade rumors...
  • Klay, Simmons, Durant, Kawhi, Davis, Irving, etc.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    23scidoo said:
    What a fucking douche. Where’s the flood, Russ?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo said:
    It’s a Gronk thing my friend...

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited February 2019
    Irving went down last night, don’t know if the injury is bad but Celtics will probably be better without him.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/02/09/morris-rips-celtics-toughness-attitude

Can’t wait for the next C’s game...

Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    The whole thing with filming athletes walking into buildings is dumb enough to begin with. Then they go and wear ridiculous shit like construction outfits. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The whole thing with filming athletes walking into buildings is dumb enough to begin with. Then they go and wear ridiculous shit like construction outfits. 
    I love it!  Though it's not the MTA approved style breakaway vest that we are required to wear but hey, he's from OKC and not the tri-state area so he gets a free pass.
  • Lakers-Sixers game.

Where did the defense go?

So I've been watching Lebron since day 1 in the league and the last 2 years since he won the Cavs a championship I've noticed his defense declining.  He used to be on top of everything and now he is not.

Anyone else notice this?

Oh yeah Embiid looked really good too.