Options

2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    The entire league has stopped playing defense, with an assist to the rules. If you breathe on a guy shooting a 3 now its a foul.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Poncier said:
    The entire league has stopped playing defense, with an assist to the rules. If you breathe on a guy shooting a 3 now its a foul.
    There was a really bad call on Harden giving George 3 late FT's on Saturday.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited February 2019
    Do teams even try for offensive rebounds anymore?  It seems like every possession is shoot then retreat.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Do teams even try for offensive rebounds anymore?  It seems like every possession is shoot then retreat.
    THIS!

I've noticed that too.  No second chance shots.
  • Options
    THIS!

I've noticed that too.  No second chance shots.
    most guys take hurried 3's without giving players a chance to get down the court. Those that do get down the court are mostly beyond the 3 anyway.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    edited February 2019
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Big win for the Celtics!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    I keep saying that the Sixers aren't playing together.  They have another half of the season to get right.

@23scidoo every time I see your handle I think of the ghost town out in Cali.
    http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ca/skidoo.html 

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited February 2019
    23scidoo said:
    I keep saying that the Sixers aren't playing together.  They have another half of the season to get right.

Give me an example of how they're not playing together? Because Tobias Harris has fit in seamlessly so far. There's nothing in the three games he's played in to suggest otherwise, unless I am missing something. They're 2-1 and only lost last night because of an off night for Embiid...and they still had a shot at the end.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Give me an example of how they're not playing together? Because Tobias Harris has fit in seamlessly so far. There's nothing in the three games he's played in to suggest otherwise, unless I am missing something. They're 2-1 and only lost last night because of an off night for Embiid...and they still had a shot at the end.
    They are 12-15 vs +500 teams. 24-6 against sub 500.

They just lost to the Celtics minus a Kyrie.

If they play any sub 500 teams in the playoffs they will be just fine.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Very similar to last year when they ended the season on that 69 game winning streak where they played Atlanta, Brooklyn and the Knicks 23 times each and suddenly they were seen as the team to beat in the east then the Celts pantsed them.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

*show me every other winning teams' records* 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:

Cmon...  The ones that matter and the ones I think will be in the finals are Raptors and they have a 17-13 record.

The Celtics without Kyrie aren't going anywhere though...  I might choose my pick to the Bucks because of that.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    23scidoo said:

Cmon...  The ones that matter and the ones I think will be in the finals are Raptors and they have a 17-13 record.

The Celtics without Kyrie aren't going anywhere though...  I might choose my pick to the Bucks because of that.
    Kyrie has a knee sprain, he's not out for long.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

The Celtics are 10-12 against 500+ teams. The numbers you are citing are consistent with most good teams in the league. You beat up against the scrubs and then hold your own against the better ones. That usually ends teams up with 50+ wins.

And your argument doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. You keep saying they need to play together since the trade which just happened three games ago....yet you're citing numbers that includes games since before even Jimmy Butler got here?

My question was, what in the last three games indicates they are not gelling well together? Because I think the exact opposite is true. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

Very similar to last year when they ended the season on that 69 game winning streak where they played Atlanta, Brooklyn and the Knicks 23 times each and suddenly they were seen as the team to beat in the east then the Celts pantsed them.
    Celtics are 10-12 against 500+ teams. Sorry. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

Which is better than 12-15.
    And Celts are 3-0 against their current projected first round opponent.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

Which is better than 12-15.
    And Celts are 3-0 against their current projected first round opponent.
    45% vs 44% winning percentage. Statistical dead heat, folks. That argument is put to rest. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also @tempo_n_groove, you made me curious so I checked. They're 11-9 against +500 teams since Butler got here. So...yeah, I don't understand your argument. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

The Celtics are 10-12 against 500+ teams. The numbers you are citing are consistent with most good teams in the league. You beat up against the scrubs and then hold your own against the better ones. That usually ends teams up with 50+ wins.

And your argument doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. You keep saying they need to play together since the trade which just happened three games ago....yet you're citing numbers that includes games since before even Jimmy Butler got here?

My question was, what in the last three games indicates they are not gelling well together? Because I think the exact opposite is true. 
    I'm not sold on the Celtics right now even though they won.  I admitted this and may backtrack and take the Bucks as a finalist w the Raptors.

Listen to other insiders about the Sixers and they aren't sold on them either.

If they pound the ball inside and have Butler and Simmons take 15 footers I think they will do great but they aren't doing that.  
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    23scidoo said:

I'm not sold on the Celtics right now even though they won.  I admitted this and may backtrack and take the Bucks as a finalist w the Raptors.

If they pound the ball inside and have Butler and Simmons take 15 footers I think they will do great but they aren't doing that.  
    Who are these “insiders?” Post a link?

They’ve got some of the best odds to win the title for a reason dude...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Nice, i didn't knew about it..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

Watch any TNT, NBC or ESPN pre game/post game show and many of the pros are saying it so no links, sorry.
  • Options
    Not sure if this was ever mentioned but the T'Wolves' uniforms are atrocious...
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Watch any TNT, NBC or ESPN pre game/post game show and many of the pros are saying it so no links, sorry.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25960655/can-sixers-reach-their-incredible-ceiling
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25960655/can-sixers-reach-their-incredible-ceiling
    Yep.  People are changing their tune now.  You are correct. McGrady has changed his mind.  I know he was one of the people that wasn't sold on them.
    https://youtu.be/m5E1r6mHFp0
  • Options
    Rachel Nichols sold on the Sixers after 2 games with Harris...well that's the definitive word.