New Gillette add "Toxic Masculinity" is causing quite a stir!

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Toxic Masculinity. 

Anybodyvsee the HS kids getting roasted over the Native American?

well. There’s other video that shows otherwise.  

Just curious if you heard tgecstory?
    I saw it, it doesn't show otherwise.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

Are we talking about the one that shows the kids being approached instead of the other way around where it was them “surrounding” him?  I’m still trying to figure out why this is all so newsworthy?  
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

Are we talking about the one that shows the kids being approached instead of the other way around where it was them “surrounding” him?  I’m still trying to figure out why this is all so newsworthy?  
    Yes, the video where the Vietnam Veteran confronts the douchebags in training that are taunting him.  It's newsworthy because the red MAGA hat of the POTUS has become synonymous with this sort of deplorable behaviour.
    It's a symbol, like the Confederate flag, that shitpigs rally around and display in proud defiance of acceptable behaviour in a civilized society, and it's the symbol of our President.

That's newsworthy.

Aside from that, this little dipshit's smirk is far too reminiscent of Brock Turner, Brett Kavanaugh, and all the other douchenozzle frat boys that have been free to run wild in our society for far too long.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    good people on both sides
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

Yes, the video where the Vietnam Veteran confronts the douchebags in training that are taunting him.  It's newsworthy because the red MAGA hat of the POTUS has become synonymous with this sort of deplorable behaviour.
    It's a symbol, like the Confederate flag, that shitpigs rally around and display in proud defiance of acceptable behaviour in a civilized society, and it's the symbol of our President.

That's newsworthy.

Aside from that, this little dipshit's smirk is far too reminiscent of Brock Turner, Brett Kavanaugh, and all the other douchenozzle frat boys that have been free to run wild in our society for far too long.
    So that makes it okay for them to get death threats and shit?  Seems like the reaction to this event is a bit extreme...and hypocritical on a number of levels. 
    Smellyman said:
    good people on both sides
    Yes, and bad people on both sides as well.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

That's newsworthy.

So that makes it okay for them to get death threats and shit?  Seems like the reaction to this event is a bit extreme...and hypocritical on a number of levels. 
    Just like the parkland students getting death threats should they have gotten them ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Can we take all this talk about a “sport” of turning left somewhere else? Maybe to the boring ass way to spend your day forum? Or, the just an excuse to drink beer and have a mullet thread? Perhaps the more ears than teeth discussion?
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

That's newsworthy.

Just like the parkland students getting death threats should they have gotten them ? 
    Absolutely not, none of them should...Don’t you agree??

PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

That's newsworthy.

Of course that isn't ok, death threats are ridiculous!
    Why would you think anyone would approve of death threats?
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

That's newsworthy.

Of course that isn't ok, death threats are ridiculous!
    Why would you think anyone would approve of death threats?
    IDK, maybe all of this “they are getting what they deserve” rhetoric?  lol 

• rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

That's newsworthy.

The other videos don't show any taunting of the sort.

Wearing that MAGA hat and linking it to a confederate flag is just awful.

TSD really is something.  

I own a Make America RAGE Again hat that I won't wear because some idiot might not read it and I could get into a fight or some tough guy might want to steal it off my head and then I'm going to jail.

It's amazing that a hat has come to mean so much.

That is just nuts, but I can see why someone would think that but everyone has made up their minds without a conversation...

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

That's newsworthy.

I do it’s uncalled for ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

That's newsworthy.

I do it’s uncalled for ..
    Exactly, it is all so ridiculous.  Here is another view:
    http://vt.co/news/us/new-video-shows-another-side-to-confrontation-between-maga-hat-teens-and-native-american-elder/?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    rgambs said:
    Toxic Masculinity. 

Same here. I was thinking that the unedited video didn’t change anything, but now all these people are backpedaling. 
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2019
    So also the native Americans and the MAGA youths are being verbally attacked by that other religious group?
    This is what happens when different groups with different ideologies are protesting on the same place.
    It’s hard to understand videos like this when you don’t have the whole story.  Everyone in the video should be able to tell their view on what happened, not only one.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    This Gillette ad is better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsV2E0_LGlA
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    This Gillette ad is better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsV2E0_LGlA
    Yeah, it has a better feeling to it, more heartwarming.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Annafalk said:
    So also the native Americans and the MAGA youths are being verbally attacked by that other religious group?
    This is what happens when different groups with different ideologies are protesting on the same place.
    It’s hard to understand videos like this when you don’t have the whole story.  Everyone in the video should be able to tell their view on what happened, not only one.
    This is what happens when a group of entitled white kids take a trip to the “big city” and respond like a group of entitled white kids. 
  • Annafalk said:
    This is what happens when a group of entitled white kids take a trip to the “big city” and respond like a group of entitled white kids. 
    They had a black kid with them and he was told that his "organs would be sold" by the Jewish group that was there so I think every ethnic group has offended or been offended...
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Annafalk said:
    They had a black kid with them and he was told that his "organs would be sold" by the Jewish group that was there so I think every ethnic group has offended or been offended...
    Yeah they called that kid the N-word.  The Black Israelites.  It's clear to me who are the biggest losers in this mess.  And there were a lot of losers!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Annafalk said:
    Yeah they called that kid the N-word.  The Black Israelites.  It's clear to me who are the biggest losers in this mess.  And there were a lot of losers!
    Everybody sucks nowadays...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    I watched the WHOLE video - all 1 hour 46 minutes of it (the kids don't factor in for the first hour or more). There was no Jewish group there at all as far as I can tell. They were nut job racist Christians who think there are race wars in America's near future. They do keep calling themselves the "children of Israel", but they are praising Jesus.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I watched the WHOLE video - all 1 hour 46 minutes of it (the kids don't factor in for the first hour or more). There was no Jewish group there at all as far as I can tell. They were nut job racist Christians who think there are race wars in America's near future. They do keep calling themselves the "children of Israel", but they are praising Jesus.
    God bless you.

What other nuggets did you uncover?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    God bless you.

Well, here is the blow by blow synopsis, lol.

This crazy "Christian" loudmouth was with I think 4 other people, but he was the mouthpiece for this little ragtag gang of religious misfits, lol. The others mostly stayed quiet. He was just standing in the middle of the square shouting hateful religious and political nonsense to anyone who happened to be walking by or standing in the general vicinity. He was basically the political equivalent of one of those people dressed in rags on a street corner holding up a sign about how the world is ending and to repent, babbling about end of days. A few people tried to engage/debate him, but he was just spewing such hateful, vile garbage that very few had the patience to engage for any amount of time (he was sexist, homophobic, racist, you name it, and at the same time hating on Trump and the Catholic Church, and both major political parties and everyone who support either one - he literally hates EVERYONE, lol). He was particularly disgusting when this women tried to engage. He and his buddies was SO fucking sexist towards her. Meanwhile, this group of teenagers were slowly gathering way in the background. As that group grew, more of them seemed to start taking note of what this crackpot was yelling about, although they just seemed amused, like "look at the clown over there" kind of attitude, which seemed appropriate. 

Eventually, when the crowd of teens got big enough, the loudmouth turned around and started yelling in their direction - he finally realized maybe he had an audience that wasn't going to walk away any time soon. He kind of started raving at them. Once the group of teens realized that THEY had an audience in this crazy ranting freak, THEY started acting up. At first they kind of took the ranting for what it was - stupid crap. They were kind of laughing it off, though they obviously didn't agree with this guy's racist or homophobic slurs and other insults. They were basically acting like normal people do when confronted by a raving lunatic on the street: not taking it seriously. However, things suddenly took a turn when, in an almost organic or telepathic kind of way, the entire group of teens turned into an aggressive mob. It was a strange transition. They went from normal people to aggressive fucking douchebags in a matter of seconds. Yes, it was indeed TOXIC MASCULINITY. They suddenly started this kind of chest thumping chant, which I guess they all got from cheering on their sports teams at school. Then some ridiculous kid broke from the crowd and started tearing all his clothes off as his classmates cheered and got really riled up. They continued to chant in this super off-putting aggressive way, some literally pounding their chests (the crazy man referenced cavemen, and that was a rather apt comment). This behaviour really gave the loudmouth some material to work with - his insults became somewhat more intense. The teens really opened themselves up to criticism when they started acting like that, but still, the crazy man was just spewing mostly manic garbage.

So there is this big crowd of teens getting all aggressive and very loud and into the mob mentality, while this crazy man and his four friends just stood there, loudmouth continuing to yell bad things, such as how all of them were fixing to be school shooters because they are white and male and had on MAGA hats. The crowd started moving towards the few men, and it definitely started getting physically intimidating - it was probably 100 on 5 after all. At one point an adult who was with the kids tried to tell them to move back, but didn't try very hard at all to diffuse the mounting tension (I will say that the adults with these kids FAILED as chaperones in a BIG way). This is about when the man with the drum came along. He obviously spotted that this situation had suddenly escalated into a big aggressive mob moving towards 5 crazy men, so he stepped between the two parties playing his drum. I personally think his peaceful intentions were very clear. The teenaged mob then quickly and completely surrounded the drummer (seeming to forget about the crazy guy altogether), and they were hyped up, and started, from what I could tell, mocking the Native guy by gleefully chanting like Natives to the beat of the drum, and laughing and stuff. If I had been that guy with the drum, I definitely would have been worried. So this is when we come to the kid with the most smug mug on the face of the planet, lol. Just standing there grinning like that, in that scene, 100% YES that kid was being a little piece of arrogant shit in the face of this peacemaker. Absolutely. What I can't understand is WHY in the world the kids reacted to the drummer like that. I think they were all just swept up in a spontaneous and pointless display of aggression that, frankly, they mostly created themselves.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    God bless you.

Well, here is the blow by blow synopsis, lol.

This crazy "Christian" loudmouth was with I think 4 other people, but he was the mouthpiece for this little ragtag gang of religious misfits, lol. The others mostly stayed quiet. He was just standing in the middle of the square shouting hateful religious and political nonsense to anyone who happened to be walking by or standing in the general vicinity. He was basically the political equivalent of one of those people dressed in rags on a street corner holding up a sign about how the world is ending and to repent, babbling about end of days. A few people tried to engage/debate him, but he was just spewing such hateful, vile garbage that very few had the patience to engage for any amount of time (he was sexist, homophobic, racist, you name it, and at the same time hating on Trump and the Catholic Church, and both major political parties and everyone who support either one - he literally hates EVERYONE, lol). He was particularly disgusting when this women tried to engage. He and his buddies was SO fucking sexist towards her. Meanwhile, this group of teenagers were slowly gathering way in the background. As that group grew, more of them seemed to start taking note of what this crackpot was yelling about, although they just seemed amused, like "look at the clown over there" kind of attitude, which seemed appropriate. 

Eventually, when the crowd of teens got big enough, the loudmouth turned around and started yelling in their direction - he finally realized maybe he had an audience that wasn't going to walk away any time soon. He kind of started raving at them. Once the group of teens realized that THEY had an audience in this crazy ranting freak, THEY started acting up. At first they kind of took the ranting for what it was - stupid crap. They were kind of laughing it off, though they obviously didn't agree with this guy's racist or homophobic slurs and other insults. They were basically acting like normal people do when confronted by a raving lunatic on the street: not taking it seriously. However, things suddenly took a turn when, in an almost organic or telepathic kind of way, the entire group of teens turned into an aggressive mob. It was a strange transition. They went from normal people to aggressive fucking douchebags in a matter of seconds. Yes, it was indeed TOXIC MASCULINITY. They suddenly started this kind of chest thumping chant, which I guess they all got from cheering on their sports teams at school. Then some ridiculous kid broke from the crowd and started tearing all his clothes off as his classmates cheered and got really riled up. They continued to chant in this super off-putting aggressive way, some literally pounding their chests (the crazy man referenced cavemen, and that was a rather apt comment). This behaviour really gave the loudmouth some material to work with - his insults became somewhat more intense. The teens really opened themselves up to criticism when they started acting like that, but still, the crazy man was just spewing mostly manic garbage.

So there is this big crowd of teens getting all aggressive and very loud and into the mob mentality, while this crazy man and his four friends just stood there, loudmouth continuing to yell bad things, such as how all of them were fixing to be school shooters because they are white and male and had on MAGA hats. The crowd started moving towards the few men, and it definitely started getting physically intimidating - it was probably 100 on 5 after all. At one point an adult who was with the kids tried to tell them to move back, but didn't try very hard at all to diffuse the mounting tension (I will say that the adults with these kids FAILED as chaperones in a BIG way). This is about when the man with the drum came along. He obviously spotted that this situation had suddenly escalated into a big aggressive mob moving towards 5 crazy men, so he stepped between the two parties playing his drum. I personally think his peaceful intentions were very clear. The teenaged mob then quickly and completely surrounded the drummer (seeming to forget about the crazy guy altogether), and they were hyped up, and started, from what I could tell, mocking the Native guy by gleefully chanting like Natives to the beat of the drum, and laughing and stuff. If I had been that guy with the drum, I definitely would have been worried. So this is when we come to the kid with the most smug mug on the face of the planet, lol. Just standing there grinning like that, in that scene, 100% YES that kid was being a little piece of arrogant shit in the face of this peacemaker. Absolutely. What I can't understand is WHY in the world the kids reacted to the drummer like that. I think they were all just swept up in a spontaneous and pointless display of aggression that, frankly, they mostly created themselves.
    I'm sorry, I can't handle large brain purge blobs in text. Maybe you could make a YouTube reaction video to you watching the video that I could follow along with? Make sure you exaggerate your facial expressions for dramatic effect too. I'd enjoy that best.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Those Catholic boys all need to have their hands smacked by Mother Mary's ruler about 1000 times.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    1 kid says something really stupid...all kids = monsters. Seems right. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    CM189191 said:
    One kid said it, come on. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......