Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    kramer73 said:
    Wow am I glad I didnt get tickets for this. I’m sure it will be fun for all going but I have to say it feels a lot different since first announced. Adam Levine?? No thanks. 
    You'll have regrets tomorrow.
    Maybe. But I doubt it. When I first saw this show announcement it sounded like an amazing tribute night with close band mates and friends of CC. Now it just is giving off a giant Hollywood feel. Which is fine of course. Just not something I personally would love to see. When I first tried for tickets it had a different feel than this. But to each their own and I hope it’s an amazing night for all involved and raises a shit ton of $$$ for EB. Btw I know Levine is a huge fan of CC and PJ and that’s cool but I just have always thought he is a huge try hard and Maroon 5 is just fucking terrible. 
  • kramer73 said:
    Wow am I glad I didnt get tickets for this. I’m sure it will be fun for all going but I have to say it feels a lot different since first announced. Adam Levine?? No thanks. 
    You'll have regrets tomorrow.
     Btw I know Levine is a huge fan of CC and PJ and that’s cool but I just have always thought he is a huge try hard and Maroon 5 is just fucking terrible. 
    That we can agree on.  I guess there's a fair amount of insecurity that drives that try hard behaviour though, and I'm sure Chris' music means as much to him as it does the next fan.  
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    If this was happening in Seattle but with all the same people would you still say it has a stuffy Hollywood vibe?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by Sea on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited January 2019

Please leave any speculation of that out of this thread.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Just to further my point from earlier about it possibly being to difficult..

We’ve all lost people we love, myself included. There were a couple of memorials that I couldn’t attend because it was simply to difficult/heart wrenching.

To each, their own. We all live and grieve in very different ways. To those going, have a blast.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    mfc2006 said:
    Just to further my point from earlier about it possibly being to difficult..

We’ve all lost people we love, myself included. There were a couple of memorials that I couldn’t attend because it was simply to difficult/heart wrenching.

To each, their own. We all live and grieve in very different ways. To those going, have a blast.
    Very well said.  I doubt anyone here is really privy to the dynamics/relationships between CC and any of those who are/aren't performing at the show.
  • rboszkorboszko Posts: 51
    Anyone heard anything about what time  the doors open or any merch sales?
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    From instagram.... Tim McIlrath, lead singer from Rise Against will be  performing tonight. Sounds like it's going to be a great night. I hope all going have an amazing night :heart:
  • SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    More tickets have been released for the show on Ticketmaster - there are some Standard Tickets (regular price) on the Floor and in the Lower Bowl
  • THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    I think a lot these late addition artists may be Cornell's children's favorites, as they are of that age to appreciate Miley, Adam and Tim a lot more than us late 30's early 40-year-olds who grew up on it. 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    If this was happening in Seattle but with all the same people would you still say it has a stuffy Hollywood vibe?
    Just landed and it's definitely Seattle weather. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    DEGBTI said:
    kinda weird Ed will not be there? Both friends, made music together, shared the same band mates. Seems a no brainer for him to go. Really no way to spin it, he should be a speaker, special guest or something. Am I missing something? Adam Lavine, Miley Cirus but no Eddie.

We all grieve in our own ways. I don't think we should be assuming anything. I get the passion for the music and everything, but none of you has any right to assume anything about their relationship, or how one should observe the loss of another. Kinda grosses me out to be honest.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    DEGBTI said:
    kinda weird Ed will not be there? Both friends, made music together, shared the same band mates. Seems a no brainer for him to go. Really no way to spin it, he should be a speaker, special guest or something. Am I missing something? Adam Lavine, Miley Cirus but no Eddie.

We all grieve in our own ways. I don't think we should be assuming anything. I get the passion for the music and everything, but none of you has any right to assume anything about their relationship, or how one should observe the loss of another. Kinda grosses me out to be honest.
    first, you shouldn't be "grossed out" over my comment. I am not "assuming" anything. I am just a fan, like you, who wishes Ed would be involved as they had an obvious relationship. Just like the the rest of the band as well as soundgarden who all will be there by the way...
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I hope anyone who's attending from here has a great night and savours every moment, witnessing the greatness of Chris Cornell's art. Loud Love.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    I don't think anyone's used the word "stuffy", but (in my opinion) it's not the location, but the recent lineup additions that make this a Hollywood vibe. Like another person mentioned, it sounds like the cast of the Voice. I don't watch reality tv, but it seems like this is catering to that type of audience. Contrast this with something like the Mad Season Sonic Evolution show that honoured Layne by having an intimate show at Benaroya with local Seattle musicians (I know that is different as it was less of a celebration of life, but its still a relevant comparable). My hope is that one day in the near future, something like that can be done for Chris in the PNW. Again, that's just my take and I hope that everyone has a great time tonight and that a lot of money is raised for charity. 
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Tonight's about Chris, not Ed. I'd be lying if I said I have never wondered about what, if anything, went down between them, but that isn't what tonight is about. Don't expect to see him and you will not be disappointed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I wish this was streaming live.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Looks like they lowered the price of some of the lower level seats to $99.50
  • I wish I could be there... Have an amazing night everyone who's going.  Obviously a very emotional evening, but it's probably the right time to start celebrating the music Chris made.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Bummed because that’s what I paid for 200 level.
    kasedoug said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I don't blame you for being bummed....who would have known there would be so many last-minute tickets.
  • mfc2006 said:

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    kasedoug said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I don't blame you for being bummed....who would have known there would be so many last-minute tickets.
    Yeah, 10 days ago this was an impossible ticket, so don't feel bad. You paid for the certainty of getting in. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mfc2006 said:
    I would have gladly paid for it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    demetrios said:
    Melvins Spoonman rules
    JimmyV said:
    Tonight's about Chris, not Ed. 
    Exactly. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited January 2019
    Never mind. Can’t seem to articulate my thoughts here. 
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:

first, you shouldn't be "grossed out" over my comment. I am not "assuming" anything. I am just a fan, like you, who wishes Ed would be involved as they had an obvious relationship. Just like the the rest of the band as well as soundgarden who all will be there by the way...
    I understand what you’re saying. 
    www.cluthelee.com
This discussion has been closed.