The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    Interesting, but not surprising. I'm guessing that part of the cost increase is due to added taxes. Also, I know in most states in the US that have legalized rec usage, prices were initially higher, but once the supply chain got filled and the novelty of buying legal week wore off a bit, prices settled down. I know in WA the weed I'm buying now is no more expensive than getting it from a "guy", and I know much more about the product I'm getting. So I get consistency, tested weed, and more product information, as well as a less shady transaction. So for me, I consider it a positive. I thought the stat about avg quantity purchased was completely unsurprising. With legal weed you don't need to buy as much per transaction, because you know you can just pop into the shop whenever you want. With the black market, you bought more so you didn't have to see your "guy" as frequently.
    The supply chain is definitely the issue.  The producers are no producing enough at the moment.  It's been a rocky start in most provinces.  I think it will get there, it's trial and error.  I'm sure the producers need to be cautious, I imagine they do not want to overproduce and be stuck with the product.  I kept my medicinal and buy directly off them, so far, they absorb the federal excise tax, keeps the price down...the stuff I buy off them is 3.99/g, it is for anyone who is a customer, but appeals to low-income people like myself, usually 13%-16% THC, a really nice buzz.  

Hopefully, the US federal government eventually legalizes it.  As long as alcohol and tobacco are legal, weed should be too.  Of course, weed should have never been illegal.
    I think we'll need to wait a good 2 or 3 years to really see the supply and pricing settle down to what it should be. And during that time concentrates and edibles will also come in, so that will stretch it out in terms of supply too. Also, the distributor needs more time to unclench. So far all the product is done up more like medicine. I think soon enough it will get more fun, like booze is.
    The first few private shops have now opened in Vancouver though. That's nice. No government stores yet, oddly.
    We will not have physical stores until April 1, and only 25 province-wide, because of the supply issues.  I agree it will settle down.  Let's remember, eventually, a certain segment will grow their own easing demand.  I am looking forward to edibles.  The edibles I tried in the past was not great, hoping professional edibles will be better.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    Interesting, but not surprising. I'm guessing that part of the cost increase is due to added taxes. Also, I know in most states in the US that have legalized rec usage, prices were initially higher, but once the supply chain got filled and the novelty of buying legal week wore off a bit, prices settled down. I know in WA the weed I'm buying now is no more expensive than getting it from a "guy", and I know much more about the product I'm getting. So I get consistency, tested weed, and more product information, as well as a less shady transaction. So for me, I consider it a positive. I thought the stat about avg quantity purchased was completely unsurprising. With legal weed you don't need to buy as much per transaction, because you know you can just pop into the shop whenever you want. With the black market, you bought more so you didn't have to see your "guy" as frequently.
    The supply chain is definitely the issue.  The producers are no producing enough at the moment.  It's been a rocky start in most provinces.  I think it will get there, it's trial and error.  I'm sure the producers need to be cautious, I imagine they do not want to overproduce and be stuck with the product.  I kept my medicinal and buy directly off them, so far, they absorb the federal excise tax, keeps the price down...the stuff I buy off them is 3.99/g, it is for anyone who is a customer, but appeals to low-income people like myself, usually 13%-16% THC, a really nice buzz.  

Hopefully, the US federal government eventually legalizes it.  As long as alcohol and tobacco are legal, weed should be too.  Of course, weed should have never been illegal.
    I think we'll need to wait a good 2 or 3 years to really see the supply and pricing settle down to what it should be. And during that time concentrates and edibles will also come in, so that will stretch it out in terms of supply too. Also, the distributor needs more time to unclench. So far all the product is done up more like medicine. I think soon enough it will get more fun, like booze is.
    The first few private shops have now opened in Vancouver though. That's nice. No government stores yet, oddly.
    We will not have physical stores until April 1, and only 25 province-wide, because of the supply issues.  I agree it will settle down.  Let's remember, eventually, a certain segment will grow their own easing demand.  I am looking forward to edibles.  The edibles I tried in the past was not great, hoping professional edibles will be better.  
    I used to avoid edibles because of their unpredictability (which is because of the unpredictability of the "guy" making them). Doses weren't known. You ate a brownie and waited to see if you'd be able to function or were going to be couch-locked. With legal weed stores in WA, doses are pretty much regulated at 10mg. So if you eat a cookie from a weed shop, or a brownie, or a caramel, or a chocolate truffle, or a hard candy, etc... you're going to get a 10mg dose. You can get sodas with 10mg, up to 100mg, but the labeling is very clear, and the "serving size" is specified. That makes it really easy to know that what you eat this time will affect you the same way it did when you ate it last time. It also allows more experienced users to know they'll need 2 or 3 (or 5) cookies to get hammered, but that you'll get a little buzz off of one. I think it was the unknowns with edibles that made the experience in the past "not great". I enjoy them now, from time to time, but still prefer smoking flower or vaping concentrate.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited January 2019
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

I used to avoid edibles because of their unpredictability (which is because of the unpredictability of the "guy" making them). Doses weren't known. You ate a brownie and waited to see if you'd be able to function or were going to be couch-locked. With legal weed stores in WA, doses are pretty much regulated at 10mg. So if you eat a cookie from a weed shop, or a brownie, or a caramel, or a chocolate truffle, or a hard candy, etc... you're going to get a 10mg dose. You can get sodas with 10mg, up to 100mg, but the labeling is very clear, and the "serving size" is specified. That makes it really easy to know that what you eat this time will affect you the same way it did when you ate it last time. It also allows more experienced users to know they'll need 2 or 3 (or 5) cookies to get hammered, but that you'll get a little buzz off of one. I think it was the unknowns with edibles that made the experience in the past "not great". I enjoy them now, from time to time, but still prefer smoking flower or vaping concentrate.
    I would make a note on this, that digestion itself is also a factor with edibles.  There are times and circumstances when you might eat an edible and have a delayed or expeditious digestive response.  I used to make edibles very often, and I had the dosing down pretty well, I developed a method and recipe that was very consistent.
    One time I made peanut butter fudge, took it to work on Christmas Eve, and shared with my best work bud.  We ate big chunks at 7:30am on empty stomachs and it sat like a lump undigested until we snacked at 1015 break, at which point we became EXTREMELY jolly lol
    Had we been inexperienced, we might have doubled down like foowuls.

There were other times, when the same dose was like strapping into a rocket on a T-minus 10 countdown.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Yes, same here with the edibles. I have tried to make my own before... Once it worked way too well, lol (I remember my ex crying out, "even my thumbs are high, uuugghhh!" :lol: ), and twice it barely worked at all. I gave up after that - it was too expensive a project to try and perfect with such an unpredictable payoff.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    These are some of my edibles I make I don’t know the dosage I make them by recipe from other cooks I trust , 1 cookie gets me a good high good energy no paranoia or anxiety high lasts about 3 hours same with chocolates..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Those look yummy!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Those look yummy!
    They are ! I like them specially for concerts just eat one and I’m good for the whole show ..
    PJ_Soul said:
    Those look yummy!
    They are ! I like them specially for concerts just eat one and I’m good for the whole show ..
    I don't think I could handle that, lol. I'm not generally good with being high in public. I usually just save it for home, and sometimes at the movie theatre.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Those look yummy!
    I don't think I could handle that, lol. I'm not generally good with being high in public. I usually just save it for home, and sometimes at the movie theatre.
    I hear you I only like being high when I know I can handle the situation..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Those look yummy!
    buddy offered me a cookie before one the headstones shows. i declined. not a chance i want to be that stoned when hugh walks through the crowd and smacks me in the face. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Yes, same here with the edibles. I have tried to make my own before... Once it worked way too well, lol (I remember my ex crying out, "even my thumbs are high, uuugghhh!" :lol: ), and twice it barely worked at all. I gave up after that - it was too expensive a project to try and perfect with such an unpredictable payoff.
    Lol.  ‘My thumbs are high”.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Lol, I know, and of course since I had also eaten the weed pancakes (yes, chocolate chip weed pancakes! It was fast, easy, and overly effective), when he said that I fell into a truly hysterical laughing fit for about half an hour, lol. It was funny, but not THAT funny. :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

about 25 years ago a buddy and I got super stoned, listening to pink floyd, and I told him my lungs were numb, cause it felt like i couldn't feel it when I took a breath. he quotes it still to this day. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Lol, I know, and of course since I had also eaten the weed pancakes (yes, chocolate chip weed pancakes! It was fast, easy, and overly effective), when he said that I fell into a truly hysterical laughing fit for about half an hour, lol. It was funny, but not THAT funny. :lol:
    Those pancakes sound delicious.   You two must have been super high.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

about 25 years ago a buddy and I got super stoned, listening to pink floyd, and I told him my lungs were numb, cause it felt like i couldn't feel it when I took a breath. he quotes it still to this day. 
    I went to the 4/20 rally once and did one dab, and got so fucked up that my whole HEAD went completely numb, like my brain literally had no connection to my entire head. I didn't even know if I drooling or not, if I was contorting my face or not, or if my mouth was actually moving when I tried to talk, or if sound was coming out. It was actually AWFUL. It was the worst trip of my life, and I've done acid like 200 times, lol. I don't know what in the fuck was in that $2 dab, but I do wonder if it was something other than cannabis.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Now if I thought my lungs were numb, I might be concerned ... but maybe not, depending on how high one is.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Now if I thought my lungs were numb, I might be concerned ... but maybe not, depending on how high one is.
    this was pre-anxiety. if that happened now? I'd probably be one of those dolts calling 911. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    Yeah, there are some real POS doctors out there, that's for sure. I remember the family doctor me and my sister saw when we were kids ended up trying to dissuade my sister from going on birth control when she became sexually active. He refused to prescribe her the pill and told her not to have sex. Obvioisly she found a different doctor, and so did I.
    The guy would be long retired and dead by now, thank goodness.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

👍🏻

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:

👍🏻
    Nice
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, there are some real POS doctors out there, that's for sure. I remember the family doctor me and my sister saw when we were kids ended up trying to dissuade my sister from going on birth control when she became sexually active. He refused to prescribe her the pill and told her not to have sex. Obvioisly she found a different doctor, and so did I.
    The guy would be long retired and dead by now, thank goodness.
    I do not understand some doctors.  To me, doctors are supposed to meet patients needs while causing no harm.  Not prescribing birth control is just dumb, really dumb.    As for suspending someone's licence for cannabis with no evidence that this guy drives high.  Does he report his alcoholic patients, his opioid-addicted patients?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    17,000 applicants for an initial 25 spots in a lottery to see who gets to open the first (legal) bricks-and-mortar cannabis stores in Ontario.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/01/12/25-ontario-pot-license-lottery-winners-announced-out-of-17k-applicants_a_23640987/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    It's being done that way because you can not expect people to invest in a business and have no product, and currently, the government-run operation is having trouble meeting the demand.  The lottery system was a fair system and I believe none of the well-known names in the Cannabis retail industry were awarded licences, so many of these will be true small businesses.  But in no way is the black market going away, I can do a quick google search have the Cannabis product of my choice delivered to my door within 2 hours for less than the government dealers.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    edited January 2019
    Can anyone tell me the best strain for anxiety.  I may not have a choice of strains here in England but I want to know what to look out for I've heard indica strains. If so what is the highest indica strain etc. Enlighten me please
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I’ve honestly never understood how people take marijuana for anxiety. I guess it works differently for people but in my case I would say marijuana causes anxiety in certain cases. I think it has with me a little. I feel like marijuana would be good for people with adhd but that isn’t listed in the approved symptoms in order to receive a medical card in MI. It’s different for everybody I guess.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Yeah I have found it increases anxiety. I desperately don't want it to because I need a release. Drink is bad. And I have been hearing weed can help but never found it so. So I would try a strain that is popular with sufferers and I have chronic health anxiety over many years and all meds I've had have neg effects. I would love a natural way
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Yeah I have found it increases anxiety. I desperately don't want it to because I need a release. Drink is bad. And I have been hearing weed can help but never found it so. So I would try a strain that is popular with sufferers and I have chronic health anxiety over many years and all meds I've had have neg effects. I would love a natural way
    I’m sure you’ve received plenty of advice over the years. Only thing I would say is accept you have anxiety, deal with it the best you can, and exercise will probably work better than anything. Drink and weed probably not the answer.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah I have found it increases anxiety. I desperately don't want it to because I need a release. Drink is bad. And I have been hearing weed can help but never found it so. So I would try a strain that is popular with sufferers and I have chronic health anxiety over many years and all meds I've had have neg effects. I would love a natural way
    You aren't likely to find a single strain that relieves anxiety if others don't.  The strains are not nearly as different as many people believe.  Sure, there are differences, but no matter what anyone says, marijuana is not a medicine, it's an effective remedy.  The difference is that a medicine is extracted, concentrated, and precisely controlled, and despite what some will advertise, no marijuana product has the level of precision and consistency that it would require to be a real medicine.
    If marijuana gives you anxiety, it's just the way it is.  People with anxiety aren't often relieved by mind altering substances, unfortunately.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?