Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    It was just a friendly visit by the way.

But when Thumbing my Way came on the stereo she started humming/singing along, and immediately in my head for a moment I tried to make the song into actually being Black or something known that people could sing along too, my brain couldn't fathom someone random singing along to that "deep cut" song.

But then I had to come to terms with it actually being Thumbing my way -- and it turns out she bought Riot Act when it came out!

Pretty cool.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yes
    As long as his ass isn t sore ...again
    It hasn't stopped being sore. Haha. I need to go to the "state run" pharmacy to pick up something... or maybe go use my "free healthcare" and go visit a doctor. Haha. Social democratic values will make my ass great again!
    That’s honestly not what we’re most interested in. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes

But when Thumbing my Way came on the stereo she started humming/singing along, and immediately in my head for a moment I tried to make the song into actually being Black or something known that people could sing along too, my brain couldn't fathom someone random singing along to that "deep cut" song.

But then I had to come to terms with it actually being Thumbing my way -- and it turns out she bought Riot Act when it came out!

Pretty cool.
    Thumbing My Way is a great song!
    Sounds like you're made for each other. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes

Pretty cool.
    Any woman who admits to buying riot act is not worth pursuing.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.
    i was just going to tag you in this conversation. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.
    Naw, that was my peak of pursuing - but when she told me she had cried listening to the Krakow version of Just Breathe (but didn't say anything about All or None being played just after) I was all:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.
    i was just going to tag you in this conversation. lol
    Lol. Love it. 
    Yes
    Just Breathe?!?!

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yes

Pretty cool.
    Right on brother. You said "just a friendly visit". Did you clearly express an interest to her? Or her to you? Did you two plan another friendly visit?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.
    Naw, that was my peak of pursuing - but when she told me she had cried listening to the Krakow version of Just Breathe (but didn't say anything about All or None being played just after) I was all:

Duuuuude, just breathe is a sign of a real winner!! All or none sucks ass.  She s a winner!! She’s the one!!  Get her back now!!
    edited January 2019
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

Duuuuude, just breathe is a sign of a real winner!! All or none sucks ass.  She s a winner!! She’s the one!!  Get her back now!!
    Dude. How did Thirty once put it when you said you didn't know anything about The Hip? "You make it so hard to like you" I think it was? .... I think I know how he was feeling. :lol:;)
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

you outchyo stinkin' mind, son!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

Dude. How did Thirty once put it when you said you didn't know anything about The Hip? "You make it so hard to like you" I think it was? .... I think I know how he was feeling. :lol:;)
    To be fair I m probably the second person outside of Canada who have heard of the hip. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

To be fair I m probably the second person outside of Canada who have heard of the hip. 
    that is just plain not true. they would pack hundreds-capacity clubs, and sometimes 2000 seat theatres in the states, and not just detroit and buffalo, all over the place. 

there's a reason he was mentioned in the in memoriam on the grammys last year. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

that is just plain not true. they would pack hundreds-capacity clubs, and sometimes 2000 seat theatres in the states, and not just detroit and buffalo, all over the place. 

I was being sarcastic Paul. ;)
    but I do stand by opinion of all or none being as exciting as watching paint dry. 
    Could ed s voice be any more boring?  I nearly fell asleep when they played it at msg 2, 2016.  
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

but I do stand by opinion of all or none being as exciting as watching paint dry. 
    Could ed s voice be any more boring?  I nearly fell asleep when they played it at msg 2, 2016.  
    You still digging the Hip?

Escape Is At Hand For The Travelling Man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

Yeah definitely!  I tell Alexa to just play the hip and we rock. I wish I knew song titles. What I can tell you is that they are a really really good band that I would have loved to see live. 

• mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

Yeah definitely!  I tell Alexa to just play the hip and we rock. I wish I knew song titles. What I can tell you is that they are a really really good band that I would have loved to see live. 

You've moved up from a 'C'... to a 'C+'!

Good job.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

gotcha. it is, though, a wrongly held belief that the hip were virtually unknown outside canada, so i assumed this wasn't sarcasm. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    It hasn't stopped being sore. Haha. I need to go to the "state run" pharmacy to pick up something... or maybe go use my "free healthcare" and go visit a doctor. Haha. Social democratic values will make my ass great again!
    Can we get that printed on hats?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yes
    Hobbes said:

How big is your head?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Hobbes said:

How big is your head?
    What's with the dirty talk?
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

You americans always look like You’re falling asleep at shows. Regardless of song. :P
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

You americans always look like You’re falling asleep at shows. Regardless of song. :P
    Image result for burn gif
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

To be fair though... most of their blood is diverted to their digestive system that is attempting to deal with the Golden Corral feast prior to the event.

There's just not enough for their brains to keep them alert.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

To be fair though... most of their blood is diverted to their digestive system that is attempting to deal with the Golden Corral feast prior to the event.

God. damn. it. You finally stopped bashing Carls Jr. and now you're trashing Golden Corra!?!  :not_listening:
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

God. damn. it. You finally stopped bashing Carls Jr. and now you're trashing Golden Corra!?!  :not_listening:
    Haha                              

I've never bashed Carls Jr.

I can't say the same thing about the Golden Corral! For some, it's the best place in the world to go before popping off a few rounds at the landfill or maybe visiting your cousin lol! 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

Haha                              

I can't say the same thing about the Golden Corral! For some, it's the best place in the world to go before popping off a few rounds at the landfill or maybe visiting your cousin lol! 

I think I might rather take a nail gun to my sack than eat at Golden Corral.

Nah, I would eat there before nailing my scrot but I had to stop and think about it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty cool.

Haha                              

I think I might rather take a nail gun to my sack than eat at Golden Corral.

Nah, I would eat there before nailing my scrot but I had to stop and think about it.
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD