2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    bbiggs said:
    DEGBTI said:
    isnt Dimi in Greece? My interpretation is he is using his passport to come to the USA. That is why some fans will be happy. To him, Americans are "some fans" am I close?
    ok, so I did a little research: he does not need a passport to these countries:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

he says no canada. 
    he says no australia without album cycle. 

my guess is this means he is travelling either to the US, or they are planning yet another south american run. 
    In Boston this year, Ed said no more touring until they finish the album. So if there are tour plans for the second half of 2019, it seems that the album is finished or has a deadline to be finished. And that would bring Australia back in play. Unless Ed’s statement doesn’t hold true. 
    He didn't say no more touring until they finish the album.  He said it was the last time they would be playing as a group except in the studio for awhile.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    DEGBTI said:
    isnt Dimi in Greece? My interpretation is he is using his passport to come to the USA. That is why some fans will be happy. To him, Americans are "some fans" am I close?

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

he says no canada. 

my guess is this means he is travelling either to the US, or they are planning yet another south american run. 
    I need passport to all the above u mention,cos im greek but in airforce,,all greeks no need passport to thiose countries you mention but military needs passports to all countries.cos we are not allowed to use our id cos its classified
    so if i want to go to belgium ill use my passport while other greek citizens dont need passport just an id
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    bbiggs said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

In Boston this year, Ed said no more touring until they finish the album. So if there are tour plans for the second half of 2019, it seems that the album is finished or has a deadline to be finished. And that would bring Australia back in play. Unless Ed’s statement doesn’t hold true. 
    No he didn't. He said the next time they would play together would be in the studio.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

I need passport to all the above u mention,cos im greek but in airforce,,all greeks no need passport to thiose countries you mention but military needs passports to all countries.cos we are not allowed to use our id cos its classified
    so if i want to go to belgium ill use my passport while other greek citizens dont need passport just an id
    I guess Dimi's favorite song is Given to Fly!

Europe again this summer would be amazing but I doubt it.  Europe 2018 was well organized and sold before New Years 2018.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

No he didn't. He said the next time they would play together would be in the studio.
    That is actually much more accurate.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

That’s my interpretation. I guess I’m reading between the lines. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

BAH! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

I had the same interpretation as Mr. Biggs - however - it is true that Ed did not expressly say no tour before album.  I think it was implied, but, if there's a tour before the album, there will be no complaints from me.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    kst said:
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

I had the same interpretation as Mr. Biggs - however - it is true that Ed did not expressly say no tour before album.  I think it was implied, but, if there's a tour before the album, there will be no complaints from me.
    You’re right. I should have said, “Ed said no more touring until album is done OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT.”  I was not quoting verbatim. However, my interpretation remains the same. This band loves sending out cryptic messages (aka read between the lines) and that comment leads me to believe we won’t see them on stage until the album is finished. Who the hell knows though. Surely not me. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Take it for what its worth...
    A concert promoter told me PJ and Phish are doing Woodstock.  No idea how reliable the source is.

Great, wasting a rare NY performance on a festival. Love and Peace 50 years ago. Cool. This rumor is common, seems like its happening.

Nothing beats seeing this band in an arena with only their loyal fans in the house

Too bad the band doesn't agree.

Since Phish just played 13 NY shows, thats not the band I'm referring to haha.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    kst said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

Europe again this summer would be amazing but I doubt it.  Europe 2018 was well organized and sold before New Years 2018.  
    no PEARL JAM  im europe summer 2019
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • kst said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

Didn't expect it but thanks for clarifying 
  • But maybe some Ed solo?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    So it seems down to US or Asia shows.

He has yet to shoot down anything in Asia or confirm/deny whether I should get, or should not get a passport at this point. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Woodstock and West Coast. That's my guess.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    But maybe some Ed solo?
    +1
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 703
    Sounds to me in the way he worded “no PEARL JAM” and “some of us fans”  in earlier posts it’s gonna be Ed solo in EU this summer...really hoping for US, but can’t wait to find out though! 
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Maybe what Ed said at fenway was an anagram?!?🤔
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Jadler said:
    Sounds to me in the way he worded “no PEARL JAM” and “some of us fans”  in earlier posts it’s gonna be Ed solo in EU this summer...really hoping for US, but can’t wait to find out though! 

I'm putting the clues together and I also think Dimi is telling us there's going to be an EV solo tour.

He knows he's using his passport, but indicated whether he's using it to see PJ depends what they book.  So the only thing he could know he's using it for is EV solo.

And, it will be in the second half of the year.
    The 2017 EV solo Europe tour was announced 3-4 months in advance I think.  The timing of all this hangs together, and could proceed regardless of the next PJ album release date.

It's not for sure that Europe is the location but that would be my guess.  EV solo, summer, somewhere.  Any master logicians out there want to take a run at this?

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    kst said:
    Jadler said:

I'm putting the clues together and I also think Dimi is telling us there's going to be an EV solo tour.

He knows he's using his passport, but indicated whether he's using it to see PJ depends what they book.  So the only thing he could know he's using it for is EV solo.

And, it will be in the second half of the year.
    The 2017 EV solo Europe tour was announced 3-4 months in advance I think.  The timing of all this hangs together, and could proceed regardless of the next PJ album release date.

It's not for sure that Europe is the location but that would be my guess.  EV solo, summer, somewhere.  Any master logicians out there want to take a run at this?
    If so, big YAWN here.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    kst said:
    DEGBTI said:

he says no canada. 

What about autumn 2019?
    Kearnsy
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    fuck I wish Ed would come to Canada. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    EV in Europe in the summer - I’ll take it. Unfortunately missed all the previous visits
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    his last solo tour was Europe. Would he repeat without hitting the states? 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    He is from Djibouti.
    MIght be family of that Greek from The Wire
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• DEGBTI said:
    his last solo tour was Europe. Would he repeat without hitting the states? 

Good question.  However, following his Europe 2017, he has performed at 4 US festivals and will be at a 5th this coming March.  That's not a tour, but it is a few shows.

I also have to wonder if Dimi would definitively make the trip from Greece to USA for EV solo. I don't know the answer to this, but I have to believe it's less likely than a trip within the EU for him, and he's saying he knows he's going.

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I have a ‘special’ birthday this summer. 
    It would be great to celebrate by seeing Pearl Jam, or indeed Ed solo in Europe. 
    I loved seeing Ed in Taormina, such a beautiful setting, and perfect for him. Though Ed playing at the Eden Project in Cornwall would be particularily amazing - a girl can dream. 
    I’m also planning a trip to NYC in autumn so if that coincided with anything PJ related that would be cool. 
    Keeping fingers crossed for something at least. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    Maybe EV at Werchter festival....

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• New music should be out end of next week.  This is according to WMMR in Philly.

• Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited January 2019
    I hope this is right.  I’m in the philly area and often listen to wmmr. I did not hear this myself but glad you guys/gals(?) are reporting it. 
    Post edited by Stickman24 on