Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,369
    Yup, same show. If I go to any of these, it will be just a reason to see that country. But id really like to hear Here Comes the Sun.
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    I ve to say you: i m really happy he gonna plays in Firenze :))
  • Options
    MoonsunMoonsun Milan, Italy Posts: 32
    Cosimo82 said:
    I wish he could play a "normal concert", not in a festival.
    But I agree with you: better this way, than no concerts at all. There are people who are still waiting for their chance to see a show in their countries. Hang in there, folks!
    "How I choose to feel is how I am."
  • Options
    Cosimo82 said:
    Hopefully more shows in Europe nearby
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Did I suddenly awake in 2017?

If only I was two years younger.

Breaking news: US Pearl Jam fan ponders bands future:

• Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    woodstock lineup has yet to be named you debbie downers
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Mike D88 said:
    Are we supposed to be excited for Woodstock? I mean I will go if that is all they are doing this year but that festival has shit show written all over it. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828

The USA is small fry. Playing in Europe is where the money is. Especially the same festival 2 years ago ... The organizer must be stinky rich.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Mike D88 said:
    Why would anyone be excited about pearl jam playing Woodstock?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    demetrios said:

The USA is small fry. Playing in Europe is where the money is. Especially the same festival 2 years ago ... The organizer must be stinky rich.

I am guessing that's a joke?

They can play an MSG residency for $3M+ a night and have no travel and the magic of 20000 PJ fans in an enclosed arena with no threat of bad weather.
  • Options
    If I were playing the lotto, I'd make sure I got Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, UK, and The Netherlands on my ticket . . . oh and Poland on the Powerball!
  • Options
    critterau said:
    JimmyV said:
    Jeff wants to record more but in the past we've heard that he hates to tour. Is the opposite true with Ed? He wants to tour more but isn't interested in recording?

Does Jeff have kids? Tours are great family vacations (obviously.)
    There’s clearly a disconnect somewhere with the band. What does it matter if they have kids? Touring can take 4-8 weeks of an entire year. And that’s a light schedule. And like you said, kids can go with them. The family excuse I am not buying at all. Until then I guess Eddie will play a bunch of covers and close with Hard Sun. 

This is a total guess, but we know Eddie's dad wasn't there for him. I'm just guessing that Eddie wants to be there for every moment of his kids' lives...and I really can't blame him for that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    this board: where are shows this year, band is dead
    also this board: wait no not there
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    Apone said:
    So festival appearances only on this tour then?
    No there will be a handful of regular style shows too. Seems like different cities and venues then 2017 for some countries. I am guessing once all of the festivals are announced we get the info from 10 Club like 2017 in March. 
    PJ always puts out the whole EU tour including festivals, which is nice for fans. Eddie slices it up. Wonder why it differs.
    I'd assume it is part of the promoter's contract with the artist. If he announces other dates at the same time, fans may not travel to this festival show instead hitting up something closer and probably cheaper. Similar to how most bands have a certain no compete radius around their festival gigs, where they can't play another one-off show nearby around the same time.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Based on @dimitrispearljam comments, I'm getting the feeling that even his solo/headline shows are going to be at bigger venues than theaters this time.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Mike D88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    this board: where are shows this year, band is dead
    also this board: wait no not there
    I'm not into festivals.  Play arenas again.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    hihobibo said:
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    Apone said:
    So festival appearances only on this tour then?
    No there will be a handful of regular style shows too. Seems like different cities and venues then 2017 for some countries. I am guessing once all of the festivals are announced we get the info from 10 Club like 2017 in March. 
    PJ always puts out the whole EU tour including festivals, which is nice for fans. Eddie slices it up. Wonder why it differs.
    I'd assume it is part of the promoter's contract with the artist. If he announces other dates at the same time, fans may not travel to this festival show instead hitting up something closer and probably cheaper. Similar to how most bands have a certain no compete radius around their festival gigs, where they can't play another one-off show nearby around the same time.
    I totally get that, I was just pointing out that EV solo is handled differently than PJ. PJ could also announce big buck fests first.

speaking of bigger venues: That‘s why, if I played lottery, I’d put Wuhlheide in. 14.000 peeps, less if seated. He could do it. PJ played at Waldbühne in front of 22.000.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,759
    sad 
  • Options
    critteraucritterau Posts: 200
    edited February 2019
    critterau said:
    JimmyV said:
    Jeff wants to record more but in the past we've heard that he hates to tour. Is the opposite true with Ed? He wants to tour more but isn't interested in recording?

Does Jeff have kids? Tours are great family vacations (obviously.)
    There’s clearly a disconnect somewhere with the band. What does it matter if they have kids? Touring can take 4-8 weeks of an entire year. And that’s a light schedule. And like you said, kids can go with them. The family excuse I am not buying at all. Until then I guess Eddie will play a bunch of covers and close with Hard Sun. 

This is a total guess, but we know Eddie's dad wasn't there for him. I'm just guessing that Eddie wants to be there for every moment of his kids' lives...and I really can't blame him for that.

His kids were with him in Europe all summer. Seattle too. And recording in Seattle wouldn’t take time away from them. Again, that is very easy to overcome and his kids have amazing life experiences along the way while their dad is home 40 plus weeks of the year. Hell, Jill and the kids may wish he was gone more than he is, ha!
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    have a feeling no pj until 2020/2021... not saying earlier isn't possible, but knowing what we already know and now with ed spending his summer in europe i don't see anything happening, and they can drag out the 2020/2021 tour to coincide with their 30th anniversary as well as the new album, then take another long break... just my thoughts...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    demetrios said:

They can play an MSG residency for $3M+ a night and have no travel and the magic of 20000 PJ fans in an enclosed arena with no threat of bad weather.
    haha..if a promoter pays 3 million the band,+advertising,promotion,book the venue ,insurance,security,transportation ,ticket ventor blah blah plus his profit  ,do u know how much will be the price of each ticket in msg?.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I feel the EV solo shows should be held in theaters to get the real enjoyment from the intimate experience (I haven't seen a EV show).  Is that now going to be a thing of the past?  One man playing a ukulele on stage for 50,000 people?  Hopefully, I'm wrong. 
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,640
    edited February 2019
    demetrios said:

haha..if a promoter pays 3 million the band,+advertising,promotion,book the venue ,insurance,security,transportation ,ticket ventor blah blah plus his profit  ,do u know how much will be the price of each ticket in msg?.
    Staggered pricing $499-$99 - imagine the outrage then over prices.
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    i agree !
    absolutely zero interest in woodstock. way too many unknowns to feel like that is a great/safe/sane trip to make. imo
    maybe good for locals but 
  • Options
    im kinda happy i can now book other shows and not have to worry about whatever pj/ed are doing.
    chasing ed to europe is not for me
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Apologies, I was talking gross revenue, not net. Still no payday like NYC :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

$150 * 20000 = $3M

(Gross revenue per night)

Elton came here a few months ago for about $2.5 per show with no backstage seating and U2 was right at 3M last tour.

These seem a little low because Waters did $5.5M for 2 shows nearly a decade ago.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

$150 * 20000 = $3M

Elton came here a few months ago for about $2.5 per show with no backstage seating and U2 was right at 3M last tour.

These seem a little low because Waters did $5.5M for 2 shows nearly a decade ago.
    If the show brings in $3 million gross at MSG, the band would be lucky to walk away with half of that.  The expense of staging shows at MSG is very expensive, which is why most shows are always priced higher than other markets.  For the band to clear $3 mil a night, they would need to gross about $5 mil for the show, so based on 20K tickets sold, average price would have to be $250 per ticket.
  • Options
    SS151546 said:
    demetrios said:

$150 * 20000 = $3M

If the show brings in $3 million gross at MSG, the band would be lucky to walk away with half of that.  The expense of staging shows at MSG is very expensive, which is why most shows are always priced higher than other markets.  For the band to clear $3 mil a night, they would need to gross about $5 mil for the show, so based on 20K tickets sold, average price would have to be $250 per ticket.

Yes, I did correct my statement and say gross revenue.

NYC is very expensive as we are a big union town. But we are not mentioning the big spenders here, merchandise, posters, VIP and Platinum tickets would sell very well here.

And 60 million within a 4 hour drive. Remember how low those MSG odds were in 2016?

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I have ZERO interest in seeing Eddie Vedder solo in any venue larger than a theater... if it seats more than 2,500 I am passing

And his solo material is over a decade old now, sure hope he has an album coming with new music to support these shows