Police investigate after reports Phoenix woman in coma for decade gave birth

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/05/phoenix-police-woman-coma-decade-gives-birth-boy
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/05/phoenix-police-woman-coma-decade-gives-birth-boy
    Damn is this real , someone that works in the facility is responsible..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Yes, it's real.  I am not so sure it is an employee, hospital security is not always that good.  When my mother was in the hospital with a broken hip her roommate was getting visitors all hours.  I know hospitals around here have relaxed rules in regard to visitors. I'm not saying it's not an employee of the hospital, I just know from when my mother was in the hospital, the staff is to busy to monitor who is visiting.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Yes, it's real.  I am not so sure it is an employee, hospital security is not always that good.  When my mother was in the hospital with a broken hip her roommate was getting visitors all hours.  I know hospitals around here have relaxed rules in regard to visitors. I'm not saying it's not an employee of the hospital, I just know from when my mother was in the hospital, the staff is to busy to monitor who is visiting.
    I work in a hospital and no one gets in with out showing proof of who you’re there to visit , but these facilities don’t have the same security procedures I’d be shocked if it’s not an employee..

I work in a hospital and no one gets in with out showing proof of who you’re there to visit , but these facilities don’t have the same security procedures I’d be shocked if it’s not an employee..
    I suspect American hospitals have better security than our hospitals.  Would there be cameras in the hallway, or is that deemed a privacy issue?  How would they even figure who did this?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

I suspect American hospitals have better security than our hospitals.  Would there be cameras in the hallway, or is that deemed a privacy issue?  How would they even figure who did this?  
    Even if there were cameras, they'd have to have footage going back 9 months. 
    mace1229 said:

Even if there were cameras, they'd have to have footage going back 9 months. 
    Good point.  Most security cameras are on a loop.  You never know, hopefully, they catch the sick fucker.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019

I just spent 4 days in the hospital with my mother, who had pneumonia and a bladder and kidney infection (it was very bad, but she's doing much better now). I was never asked for any proof of anything, had full access to any of the patients in there, and have never been asked for ID at any hospital, not even when visiting maternity wards. You pretty much just walk right in. Sometimes you have to tell them why you're there, but they don't ID you or anything.
    Anyway, this was likely staff, but not necessarily. It could have been some sicko family member, or an ex, or a friend, or a stranger visiting someone else, etc. In any case, I worry about the care in this place (and many places) in general. The fact that they didn't even notice she was pregnant until she gave birth is extremely disturbing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    That's what it was like when my mother was in the hospital, she was in for 3 months...I came and went as I pleased with hardly anyone paying attention...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    That's really messed up.
    So, she's in a vegetative state but was moaning during the childbirth? Does that mean she felt pain although she's brain dead?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    eddiec said:
    That's really messed up.
    So, she's in a vegetative state but was moaning during the childbirth? Does that mean she felt pain although she's brain dead?
    doctors say she most likely felt a lot of pain. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    The baby's DNA will probably lead to someone getting caught.

The rapist will do a couple of years and then successfully exercise his parental rights.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    This is completely and utterly disgusting.  Even knowing it's true I can't imagine it.  
    hippiemom = goodness
    This is completely and utterly disgusting.  Even knowing it's true I can't imagine it.  
    straight out of Kill Bill. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I bet it happens more often than most people think.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Absolutely horrible. What the hell is wrong with people?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    PJ_Soul said:
    Probably does. you just don't often get the "prize" at the end. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

it's just so fucking gross I can't even imagine. first of all, that, to me, would be like having sex with a dead person. second of all, can you imagine if she was even somewhat cognitively aware? this person is mounting her and finishing all the while she can't move a muscle or even make a noise?

ICK ICK ICK. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    No doubt. I mean, thinking about how often women are groped in crowded trains and when they are sleeping, drunk, etc etc, I actually don't find it hard to believe that there are guys out there ready and willing to rape coma patients or vegetative women at all. That is the world women live in every day of their lives, so perhaps this is more surprising to non-horrible men than it is for women in general.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    No doubt. I mean, thinking about how often women are groped in crowded trains and when they are sleeping, drunk, etc etc, I actually don't find it hard to believe that there are guys out there ready and willing to rape coma patients or vegetative women at all. That is the world women live in every day of their lives, so perhaps this is more surprising to non-horrible men than it is for women in general.
    "non-horrible men". lol. 

it may seem crazy, but this whole me too stuff really made me realize what you just outlined. through all of the articles and online postings, etc, it is really incredible to think of how different my existence would be if I was female. the different routes you take, the people you give a second look at, none of this affects me directly, like, ever. Maybe if I'm core area downtown, which I never am, but I have never required the buddy system or anything like that. I always laughed at women going to the bathroom together. Like, why the fuck would you want to do that as a team? Oh, right, there might be some Chad in there waiting to stick his finger in you. Fuck. 

Like, I was always the guy that would walk a woman to her car at night, or make sure she got home safe from a party, but it's not just at night. it's all the fucking time. that blew me away that women felt threatened, or could feel threatened, at any point of the day, no matter where they are. 

joe rogan posted an op-ed of a woman who was a cable "guy". her stories were horrifying. And this was during the day, and going into other people's homes and they did things even though she knew where they fucking lived and could easily report it. but it didn't matter because of our male-dominated and -believed society. that's fucked up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    DNA testing can solve it.  Holy shit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    well, yeah, only if the father's DNA is on file, or they have grounds to obtain it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

yeah this makes me sick how disturbed are people around us ...
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    "non-horrible men". lol. 

it may seem crazy, but this whole me too stuff really made me realize what you just outlined. through all of the articles and online postings, etc, it is really incredible to think of how different my existence would be if I was female. the different routes you take, the people you give a second look at, none of this affects me directly, like, ever. Maybe if I'm core area downtown, which I never am, but I have never required the buddy system or anything like that. I always laughed at women going to the bathroom together. Like, why the fuck would you want to do that as a team? Oh, right, there might be some Chad in there waiting to stick his finger in you. Fuck. 

Like, I was always the guy that would walk a woman to her car at night, or make sure she got home safe from a party, but it's not just at night. it's all the fucking time. that blew me away that women felt threatened, or could feel threatened, at any point of the day, no matter where they are. 

joe rogan posted an op-ed of a woman who was a cable "guy". her stories were horrifying. And this was during the day, and going into other people's homes and they did things even though she knew where they fucking lived and could easily report it. but it didn't matter because of our male-dominated and -believed society. that's fucked up. 
    Yes, and the really crazy thing to me is that women have clearly become so accustomed to this reality and way of life that I think it took the #metoo movement to remind us all that it's not fucking acceptable. I mean, we knew it wasn't, but most of us still just accepted it anyhow. It's like we'd all been brainwashed or cowed into taking it without complaint. And that is terrible, because once women are in that state of mind, they obviously aren't going to be doing much to change things for the better or fight for themselves and their right to not walk around in fear and a state of self-defense every day. I'd say that the sudden increase in self-awareness and in shared awareness as far as this goes is by FAR the most valuable result of #metoo... In retrospect, I'm actually surprised it took so long. The sad thing is that it's still not enough. But it's a decent step forward perhaps... even though we're still all walking around in that ingrained self-defense mode. Men and society need more than #metoo for the danger to go away. Of course there is a lot of blow back against #metoo as well. And I can't tell you how many times I've seen right wingers try to call it an extreme left movement. Idiots. The ignorance is willful and cruel. And then there are the fucking creeps who think #metoo means they can't be alone at work with women, can't hire women, can't ask women out, etc. Yeeaaaahhhhh, there's a long way to go!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    The #metoo movement was very overdue for sure. It is a great thing. 

I can see hiw it could make men nervous in some situations. Cause it’s flipped...use to be the mans word was all that mattered (if no evidence). Now it’s more so the other way. So that can cause issues the other way...though that is far less likely.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • DNA testing can solve it.  Holy shit
    well, yeah, only if the father's DNA is on file, or they have grounds to obtain it. 

A request for male staff members' DNA by police investigators:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/police-seeking-dna-of-male-staff-at-health-care-facility-where-woman-in-vegetative-state-gave-birth/ar-BBRZDs3?ocid=spartanntp
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    One word: Disgusting.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/police-seeking-dna-of-male-staff-at-health-care-facility-where-woman-in-vegetative-state-gave-birth/ar-BBRZDs3?ocid=spartanntp
    DIdn't have time to read the article yet, but I assume it is just voluntary at this point. DNA usually requires a warrant, and I don't know how you'd convince a judge to issue a warrant based off gender.
    DNA is probably the only shot they have at solving this, but I don't think it is very high.
    mace1229 said:

DIdn't have time to read the article yet, but I assume it is just voluntary at this point. DNA usually requires a warrant, and I don't know how you'd convince a judge to issue a warrant based off gender.
    DNA is probably the only shot they have at solving this, but I don't think it is very high.
    I believe they have obtained search warrants.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mace1229 said:

I believe they have obtained search warrants.
    It does report there was a warrant. I am shocked that got approved, for a blanket search warrant for every male faculty member. That's like if a woman gets raped at home, then the police obtain a warrant for every male's DNA in the entire apartment complex she lives in. They need more cause than gender and where you worked to grant that. I would think if they narrow it down to only 3 different employees who worked closely with her during the time of inception, that I can see.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if the guy is caught and some fancy lawyer had the DNA results thrown out due to an invalid warrant-no cause.