2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Fucksakes. 16 new posts and all we get is On2legs gloating that he has the summer off lol. 
    Lol. 

Im only gloating that for once I don’t have to worry about scheduling vacation time and saving days in case Pearl Jam decides to tour.  

With my luck the only tour this year will be Japan or someplace equally distant.  
    I worked a crazy amount of overtime this fall and they company gives us time owed days instead of pay. I have 4 extra weeks off on top of 8 weeks of vacation. I bet you anything they aren't touring in 2019 since I have to use all of my TO's then. I am going in heavy with picks for August and early September and then taking what ever is left in November and December. Those are really the only months I see them doing anything this year with an outside chance of July but I only get 1 summer pick. 

Holy shit, consider me massively jealous.  I haven’t ever had more than a week off in a year and I’m 38.
    I work 12 hour days and days/nights so if I take a 5 day set off I get 14 days off since I get 4 to 5 days off before and after my shift. It sounds great but swinging from days to nights is tough especially with a young family. Also 10 other people pick vacation with me and we can only have 2 off at any given time. If I do not have vacation picked when they are touring I have to make a deal with one of the two that do have it off and that always is a problem. 

Curious what field you work in that you would not get more than a week off? In Canada it is mandatory to either get at least 4% paid to you for vacation instead of time off or you get two weeks of time off with 3 weeks being the law after being with the company for 6 years. I get 18 days off since I work holidays and get no extra pay for it since I am salary. I worked a 12 hour day on Christmas this year for example and got no extra pay. 
    Restaurants.  I’ve done my share of 16-20 hour days as well, so I know what that’s like.  I’ve also done the overnight baking, that’s horrible, so I know what you must go through.  In restaurants there’s no time off, and you don’t call in sick- it’s a pretty rough gig but I do it because I enjoy it, so I’m not complaining.  I do it for the learning and mastering of it, kinda like an apprentice back 100 years ago- there’s not much thanks other than making people happy.  When I’m late 50’s in 20 years I plan on getting into corporate stuff so I’ll prob get a few weeks off, until then I grind it out!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Fucksakes. 16 new posts and all we get is On2legs gloating that he has the summer off lol. 
    Lol. 

Im only gloating that for once I don’t have to worry about scheduling vacation time and saving days in case Pearl Jam decides to tour.  

With my luck the only tour this year will be Japan or someplace equally distant.  
    I worked a crazy amount of overtime this fall and they company gives us time owed days instead of pay. I have 4 extra weeks off on top of 8 weeks of vacation. I bet you anything they aren't touring in 2019 since I have to use all of my TO's then. I am going in heavy with picks for August and early September and then taking what ever is left in November and December. Those are really the only months I see them doing anything this year with an outside chance of July but I only get 1 summer pick. 

Holy shit, consider me massively jealous.  I haven’t ever had more than a week off in a year and I’m 38.
    I work 12 hour days and days/nights so if I take a 5 day set off I get 14 days off since I get 4 to 5 days off before and after my shift. It sounds great but swinging from days to nights is tough especially with a young family. Also 10 other people pick vacation with me and we can only have 2 off at any given time. If I do not have vacation picked when they are touring I have to make a deal with one of the two that do have it off and that always is a problem. 

Curious what field you work in that you would not get more than a week off? In Canada it is mandatory to either get at least 4% paid to you for vacation instead of time off or you get two weeks of time off with 3 weeks being the law after being with the company for 6 years. I get 18 days off since I work holidays and get no extra pay for it since I am salary. I worked a 12 hour day on Christmas this year for example and got no extra pay. 
    Restaurants.  I’ve done my share of 16-20 hour days as well, so I know what that’s like.  I’ve also done the overnight baking, that’s horrible, so I know what you must go through.  In restaurants there’s no time off, and you don’t call in sick- it’s a pretty rough gig but I do it because I enjoy it, so I’m not complaining.  I do it for the learning and mastering of it, kinda like an apprentice back 100 years ago- there’s not much thanks other than making people happy.  When I’m late 50’s in 20 years I plan on getting into corporate stuff so I’ll prob get a few weeks off, until then I grind it out!
    Oh that is pretty cool. I have never been to Texas but would love to see a show there someday. If Austin gets a non festival show I will have to check your place out. What kind of food do you guys serve? 
    I am going to go out on a limb and say looking forward to a great 2019 means new album by the summer and full tour following with a 2 month break for playoffs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4meay2HKcw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0fJLKAIHQcypRqrH2DClde8u5qa8ZFDqsILdRlvje4ANEKpxMDlZQMgSE
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^Does that qualify as an official rumor?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^Does that qualify as an official rumor?
    Looking forward to a great 2019 could mean anything but to post that under a video that shows what they did in 2018 should mean they will be active this year with more touring making it a great year for Pearl Jam. Key word is should mean but we all know it is probably just a generic message not meaning anything. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    I am going to go out on a limb and say looking forward to a great 2019 means new album by the summer and full tour following with a 2 month break for playoffs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4meay2HKcw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0fJLKAIHQcypRqrH2DClde8u5qa8ZFDqsILdRlvje4ANEKpxMDlZQMgSE
    They definitely look like a band about to break up. Lol

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

No way. My wife and I need to hear Parting Ways and Hard To Imagine at least once live before these guys hang it up. You want to camp out for each show next tour and hold signs up with me? Think of the all the tambourines we could catch! 

Also I looked at the end of the year 2017 video and they said "thank you for an incredible 2017". You know the year they did not tour at all...  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Lol. 

Oh that is pretty cool. I have never been to Texas but would love to see a show there someday. If Austin gets a non festival show I will have to check your place out. What kind of food do you guys serve? 
    I have two, one is scratch made bagels and breakfast stuff, coffee, etc., the other is euro- basically a bistro where we do Italian, French, American stuff.  That’s why sometimes I end up working 4am to 1am if people don’t show and I need to bake bagels in the am and work the line at night.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

No way. My wife and I need to hear Parting Ways and Hard To Imagine at least once live before these guys hang it up. You want to camp out for each show next tour and hold signs up with me? Think of the all the tambourines we could catch! 

Also I looked at the end of the year 2017 video and they said "thank you for an incredible 2017". You know the year they did not tour at all...  
    if you can guarantee two tambourines then I am in. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJNB said:

I admire your optimism.

By listing all the cities they traveled to, it almost looks like....

"See all the hard work we did in 2018. The new year is time to go to as many PTA meetings as possible."
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    edited January 2019
    Coachella lineup coming today or tomorrow. Headliners were once thought to be Kanye, JT and Childish Gambino. Sounds like Kanye and JT are out. Could PJ be in play?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    edited January 2019
    chiefnjk said:
    Coachella lineup coming today or tomorrow. Headliners were once thought to be Kanye, JT and Childish Gambino. Sounds like Kanye and JT are out. Could PJ be in play?
    They are always in play for the major festivals. Big payday. I would not be surprised if every major festival around the world makes them an offer every year.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    chiefnjk said:
    not a chance imo. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    DEGBTI said:
    chiefnjk said:
    not a chance imo. 
    It depends.  It feels like they go into the studio with intentions to finish the album, then don't make enough progress and end up on tour.   I could completely see that happening, and them playing a festival by April :)
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited January 2019
    chiefnjk said:
    Yeesh. Feels like other than Tool, rock might be hitting the snooze this year :( 

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    chiefnjk said:
    Yeesh. Feels like other than Tool, rock might be hitting the snooze this year :( 

It's a bit tough for rock.  How many big draw rock bands are left?  Pearl Jam, Metallica, U2, Springsteen, Tool, Foo Fighters....  the number keeps dwindling :(   There's not much left to headline a festival with (assuming you can convince these arena/stadium acts into doing a festival date or two).
    Zod said:
    chiefnjk said:

It's a bit tough for rock.  How many big draw rock bands are left?  Pearl Jam, Metallica, U2, Springsteen, Tool, Foo Fighters....  the number keeps dwindling :(   There's not much left to headline a festival with (assuming you can convince these arena/stadium acts into doing a festival date or two).
    Yeah. Radiohead, NIN and QOTSA just finished tours. Unless someone convinces RATM to reunite, I won't need to hit a festival this year. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    Woodstock 50th anniversary show may be when the rock bands emerge from hibernation in 2019. Surely they'll have some very big names, hopefully PJ, looking forward to that announcement. 
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    edited January 2019
    I totally agree the number of mega acts is pretty small, especially ones that are worth seeing more than once in my opinion. All we have to choose from are whats been mentioned and legacy acts. It feels very weird to only have tickets for three bands this year, I don't keep track yearly but I feel by New Years I usually have closer to ten. A lot of bands that I keep pushing off on seeing, because of venues or being just a so so fan, might be what this year consists of for me if there's no Pearl Jam tour... or I could just save for the next tour, but that probably won't happen. 
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    Very unlikely but just a late night thought, New Orleans Jazz Fest this years announcements were supposed to be December but got pushed to January, Ive heard rumours that its going to be pricier than ever before, partially for the Stones I'm sure but maybe Pearl Jam will be on that lineup as well? I feel to raise the prices as much as rumours are saying there would need to be a few heavy hitter bands. I have no actual knowledge just something to stir about oil the announcement I guess.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    not sure so many are hoping/thinking festivals? I think its pretty clear. First, mew music, next tour. Most likely in the states/canada as they toured Europe last year. Seems obvious to me. Only real question is when?

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I'm on vacation the week of the slightly rumored Woodstock appearance. Good to know I wouldn't have to worry about changing a trip elsewhere to attend a Woodstock festival. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    chiefnjk said:

Who who who and who? Kids really dont like guitar music these days. Their loss.

Tool might hit the snooze button again this year. MJKs latest "it comes out when its ready" doesnt sound as promising.

The goal must be to name the new album 5000 days.
    Lerxst1992 said:
    Tool might hit the snooze button again this year. MJKs latest "it comes out when its ready" doesnt sound as promising.
    Yeah, not great, but they already have some festivals and a Euro tour on the calendar, so it has to be coming soon.
    Lerxst1992 said:
    Yeah, not great, but they already have some festivals and a Euro tour on the calendar, so it has to be coming soon.

Yeah my timing was poor, because we have good news, Maynard is done with the vocals!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/maynard-james-keenan-completes-recording-vocals-for-new-tool-album/
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited January 2019
    It seems popular music is mostly manufactured beats and blip blorps.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited January 2019
    It seems popular music is mostly manufactured beats and blip blorps.
    It’s not even music, brain neutralization is more like it.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 361
    chiefnjk said:

Personally, Cirez D, Deep Dish and Nicole Moudaber would be enough to get me there if the scene wasn't so "look at me! I'm at Coachella." YOLO  FOMO or whatever the fuck they say these days 
    Since its festival announcement season thought I'd share this, I know every year theres a fake bonnaroo poster but this popped up today....maybe its a good thing they don't seem to be on festival bills. Hopefully we get a nice headlining tour this year or early next.