Options

Christmas Single

Comments

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314

Important Change to Ten Club Membership Benefits 

Beginning January 1, 2019 the Ten Club Single will be discontinued.

We hope that you have enjoyed these special collectibles over the past 25+ years.

All members who purchased or renewed their membership in 2017 and/or 2018 will still receive the MP3 downloads of the Ten Club Single for those years. Members who purchased or renewed their membership at the Analog level in 2017 and/or 2018 will also receive the limited edition vinyl for those years once physical production is complete.

Pearl Jam and all of us at Ten Club appreciate the loyalty and dedication from our members. It has been amazing to watch the fan club evolve over the years into the tight-knit community it is today, and we’re excited to see what the future holds.

Thank you,
    Pearl Jam & Ten Club

TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 912
    Well that's one way to fix it. I know it's been a faff for the last few years but I have always enjoyed the records turning up and it was the only reason I have an analog membership. Still looking forward to what turns up. Guess I'm going digital next year.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    This is certainly not what we were looking for...
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Well, that's that. Will be interesting to see if they maintain 2 membership levels after this, or whether things go strictly digital (which is my guess). At least now I won't forget to downgrade come renewal time next October/November.

Great that they communicated their scaling back of benefits. Now hopefully they'll communicate the shipping dates for these overdue singles which kicked off this thread (and countless others). 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    Also, when you have fan club benefits like this single for 20+ years, you enhance and increase your fan bases want for merch...this helped them sell all the stuff, so I'm not sure if I now expect less merch, or more. If its more, this is galactically stupid from a marketing perspective. This does make me think maybe the end is near.
  • Options
    FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 715
    edited December 2018
    I am gonna say this loud and clear.... DID EVERYBODY RECEIVE THE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS NEWSLETTER JUST NOW. Lol. Hopefully the complaining stops.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Thank you for the communication, 10C!  I think this is the best option.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I am gonna say this loud and clear.... DID EVERYBODY RECEIVE THE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS NEWSLETTER JUST NOW. Lol. Hopefully the complaining stops.
    Did they say when the 2017 single will ship? That's really what this was about. Lack of communication and inability to meet obligations. This latest newsletter was a step in the right direction for communication, but doesn't address the original reason for the thread. When in 2019 will we receive our 2017 single?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    The easy way out.  Lovely.  :smirk:

So does that mean no analogue member ship?  If we are on auto-renewal should we change it or just pay extra for nothing?  And why was that not addressed in the newsletter? 

Flaky. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    See above and please explain. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    This is the best move. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Well now no worries about the future. Good on them for making a decision. 

Kinda sad that instead of working on their fan club they threw in the towel, but honestly they’d given it up years ago anyhow. So I’m glad they just made a decision.

It would be nice to know when we are getting the old ones though. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    This is the best move. 
    I wanted to argue this, but can't really find a good reason.  End of an era for sure.  
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Here’s an idea for one side of 2017 or 2018 single

https://youtu.be/vbmcDzY5FIs
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Well I guess they have been reading these forums and realized how frustrating it is.
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    Here’s an idea for one side of 2017 or 2018 single

https://youtu.be/vbmcDzY5FIs
    :lol:

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    The beginning of the end.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Yep.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    MedozK said:
    DOOM AND GLOOM!!!!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    surforia said:

This had nothing to do with 'us'.

I'd be in favour of the 10C charging a bit more and each year the membership being something a little more significant (like the U2 gifts for example).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    surforia said:

I'd be in favour of the 10C charging a bit more and each year the membership being something a little more significant (like the U2 gifts for example).
    That’s asking way too much.  If pressing music you’ve already created to a 7” record and mailing it out puts you 2 years behind, a surprise gift would be extraordinary...  sad to see but this was coming.  This new album whenever it comes may be the last new music we get for quite a while from these guys.  Shame indeed
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    surforia said:

That’s asking way too much.  If pressing music you’ve already created to a 7” record and mailing it out puts you 2 years behind, a surprise gift would be extraordinary...  sad to see but this was coming.  This new album whenever it comes may be the last new music we get for quite a while from these guys.  Shame indeed

I realize what I said was not grounded in reality. I was just saying that it would be cool.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    surforia said:
    Hilarious and there probably some truth to it. What started out as a cool way to reward fans and promote vinyl turned into an angry mob full of merch hoarders and flippers bad mouthing the 10C for every little thing.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    surforia said:
    Hilarious and there probably some truth to it. What started out as a cool way to reward fans and promote vinyl turned into an angry mob full of merch hoarders and flippers bad mouthing the 10C for every little thing.
    Hyperbole much?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    surforia said:

I realize what I said was not grounded in reality. I was just saying that it would be cool.
    I’d pay $250 a year for chance at tickets, a chance to pre-buy show specific merch to shows you get tickets too and 1 Crash Pearl Jam item each year 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    surforia said:
    Because they aren't able to produce something nice, we can't have the nice things they can't produce. 

Checks out.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    surforia said:

I agree that the 10C is too often maligned for things they shouldn't be.

You can make a million excuses, but at the end of the day that's all they are- excuses. I think that they (just like anyone or anything for that matter) have the responsibility of fulfilling their business commitments. If one does not fulfill their end of the deal, they are open to fair criticism.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    surforia said:
    Hyperbole much?
    I don't think it that much of an exaggeration. This thread is full of negativity and complaints.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Not here to mince words--i'm pretty ticked. I just re-upped at the analog level this past fall. What does that guarantee me--a 2018 single, or did my re-up time make my membership a 2019 one? Prior to this fall, I had been digital for at least 5 years. This really sucks. Coal in our stockings! No soup for you!

If my $40 doesn't get me a record, I want a $10 refund or credit for the shop. One of the two needs to happen, or simply refund all analog memberships back the $20 to make everyone digital.
This discussion has been closed.