• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    I've never had an ex-girlfriend.
    That's crazy!
    I've never really had that thought occur to me until now.
    So, you dated men until you met your wife? 
    See the source image
    So you married the first woman that you ever dated? 

More information on when you met and how long you are together is necessary to understand things. You give good advice for a person who never dated or ......???

Also, you must be a lot younger than I figure the average here is. 

(I'm obviously fascinated with this concept....... :how_interesting:  )
    Yep, married the first and only woman in my romantic life.  I'm 32 and we have been together for 17.5 years.
    We "met" on ICQ instant messenger when I was in 8th grade and she was a freshman.  We met in person my freshman and her sophomore year.  Her mother was the good home economics teacher and I took every class she taught.
    We became close on the interwebs but never hung out in person, just a few chats in Spanish class.
    A week after school let out 2 friends and I left a lame-ass slumber party at 2am to walk across town and go swimming at her pool because she jokingly dared me to on ICQ.  I jumped in the pool with my glasses on.  Whoops.
    Best mistake I've made in my life.  We decided to stay to look for them in the morning, so we stayed up all night talking.  I found my glasses in the morning and rode my bike 6 miles into town on a busy 2 lane state highway to return a sweatshirt I had borrowed the next day.  I don't remember what excuses I found to ride into town the next 6 days, but our newfound physical chemistry was indomitable.  I asked her to be my girlfriend the day I left for the summer to be a camp counselor and we held sweaty hands for a few minutes.
    She tried to dump me before she went to college and I said NERP, not happening.
    She tried again a few times because the distance was difficult, but I said NERP, you can't shake me.

If I give good advice it's probably just because I got lucky and was able to learn from everyone else's mistakes.  Sometimes I just think that people make this shit a gazillion times more complicated than it needs to be.  Not that everything has been perfect and rosy, but I don't know, it's not so hard either.  If you both just be a little better of a person than you'd naturally be the rest takes care of itself.  I guess it's naive to think that's easy lol
    Damn, that's so romantic. Wish I'd meet the one like this.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Yes
    Fucking tearing up right now
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ha!  Thanks!
    It wasn't romantic when she had another boyfriend I didn't know about...it wasn't romantic when I worked 6 12's and we never saw each other...it isn't romantic when we bicker about stupid shit and normal domestic life with a toddler is far, far from romantic.
    Even super-lucky storybook lives are still full of banality and nastiness, you just have to be real and rise above petty and selfish impulses.  
    You can't wait for some romantic chance meeting that sweeps you along, you have to make it happen, get the broom and start sweeping.  There are no soulmates or single chances, you've already met women that could have been life partners and you will continue to meet more for the rest of your life, that never stops.  Stay on your toes and make it happen, but first learn to accept yourself because that's prerequisite number one.  Accept yourself and be yourself.  Genuineness is always a turn-on!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    That's crazy!
    See the source image

More information on when you met and how long you are together is necessary to understand things. You give good advice for a person who never dated or ......???

Yep, married the first and only woman in my romantic life.  I'm 32 and we have been together for 17.5 years.
    We "met" on ICQ instant messenger when I was in 8th grade and she was a freshman.  We met in person my freshman and her sophomore year.  Her mother was the good home economics teacher and I took every class she taught.
    We became close on the interwebs but never hung out in person, just a few chats in Spanish class.
    A week after school let out 2 friends and I left a lame-ass slumber party at 2am to walk across town and go swimming at her pool because she jokingly dared me to on ICQ.  I jumped in the pool with my glasses on.  Whoops.
    Best mistake I've made in my life.  We decided to stay to look for them in the morning, so we stayed up all night talking.  I found my glasses in the morning and rode my bike 6 miles into town on a busy 2 lane state highway to return a sweatshirt I had borrowed the next day.  I don't remember what excuses I found to ride into town the next 6 days, but our newfound physical chemistry was indomitable.  I asked her to be my girlfriend the day I left for the summer to be a camp counselor and we held sweaty hands for a few minutes.
    She tried again a few times because the distance was difficult, but I said NERP, you can't shake me.

If I give good advice it's probably just because I got lucky and was able to learn from everyone else's mistakes.  Sometimes I just think that people make this shit a gazillion times more complicated than it needs to be.  Not that everything has been perfect and rosy, but I don't know, it's not so hard either.  If you both just be a little better of a person than you'd naturally be the rest takes care of itself.  I guess it's naive to think that's easy lol
    When you aren’t looking you will find. I was going through my divorce and I was in a huge funk.  I d been working with this woman for four years, she was my in class support teacher.  Turns out she is also going through a divorce.  On a whim I ask her out to dinner and the rest is history.  I propose to her in Disney world and I go from 1-4 kids over night lol.  We are now have five kids and a beautiful house.  As you can tell from my avatar she is way out of my league! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    Ha!  Thanks!
    It was.en't romantic when she had another boyfriend I didn't know about...it wasn't romantic when I worked 6 12's and we never saw each other...it isn't romantic when we bicker about stupid shit and normal domestic life with a toddler is far, far from romantic.
    Even super-lucky storybook lives are still full of banality and nastiness, you just have to be real and rise above petty and selfish impulses.  
    You can't wait for some romantic chance meeting that sweeps you along, you have to make it happen, get the broom and start sweeping.  There are no soulmates or single chances, you've already met women that could have been life partners and you will continue to meet more for the rest of your life, that never stops.  Stay on your toes and make it happen, but first learn to accept yourself because that's prerequisite number one.  Accept yourself and be yourself.  Genuineness is always a turn-on!
    Thanks dude.
    Yeah I get that all relationships have arguments, it's how you deal with them. I've learned some great things studying psychology at university about the keys to healthy relationships. I just love the meeting of someone special, that romance is awesome.
    "You can't wait for some romantic chance meeting that sweeps you along, you have to make it happen, get the broom and start sweeping." I like this.
    Most women I meet don't want to know me. I see myself as a nice guy so I don't know what is is. Maybe I am physically unattractive?
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    That's crazy!
    See the source image

When you aren’t looking you will find. I was going through my divorce and I was in a huge funk.  I d been working with this woman for four years, she was my in class support teacher.  Turns out she is also going through a divorce.  On a whim I ask her out to dinner and the rest is history.  I propose to her in Disney world and I go from 1-4 kids over night lol.  We are now have five kids and a beautiful house.  As you can tell from my avatar she is way out of my league! Lol
    Haha, she looks nice.
    Congratulations on your relationship and kids.
    You're a teacher yeah? 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    That's crazy!
    See the source image

Thank you - that is a pretty awesome story. 

Keep doing whatever you two are doing, it seems to be working. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    That's crazy!
    See the source image

Man, doesn't that just get exhausting sometimes??  
    It gets old being just hopelessly outclassed even when you are up on your toes at your best lol

Sometimes I imagine that I will tell Simon to marry an ugly and dumb woman lol
    I saw that in a movie once when I was a teen and I didn't see the wisdom in it until many years later lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    That's crazy!
    See the source image

Haha, she looks nice.
    You're a teacher yeah? 
    Yes sir. This is my 18th and her 21st year teaching. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dude ffs.  Why not try with her for a date at least. You never know if you don't  dip your toe in the water
    I hate breaking up stuff and shit... Afraid of conflict and stuff... so rather not get involved in things if I don't feel super. Can't stand "dumping" someone after one date or whatever -- "It was nice, but it didn't feel right" can't do it. Haha.

She remembered my name though. Which was very weird. With us not saying a word to eachother and the match happened like 2-3 months ago.
    You're a Kiss Army Major Colonel Lieutenant Sergeant, why wouldn't she remember your name?
    I'm hated on the KISS board. They don't like me talking about Pearl Jam all the time.

I hate that I couldn't figure out the music she had on in the store though... sounded a bit like Mark Lanegan or something...
    So on the Pearl Jam boards you talk about kiss and on the kiss boards you talk about Pearl Jam?! Dddduuuuuuuudddddeeeee

That is awesome!  What is Agnes up to this weekend?

She's going to South Korea today.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    rgambs said:
    That's crazy!
    See the source image

Haha, she looks nice.
    You're a teacher yeah? 
    Yes sir. This is my 18th and her 21st year teaching. 
    I re-entered university to become a high school teacher but switched to psychology after having 3 weeks experience on practicum. It made me realise teaching is not for me. Tough job. Hats off to you.
  • Lesson learned - if you're on antiobiotics get some pills with extra lactic acid baceteria for your bowels. 

Fucking pharmacy dude told me not to drink any alkohol but not that my ass would be ravaged when all bacteria in the body is wiped out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Yes
    Lesson learned - if you're on antiobiotics get some pills with extra lactic acid baceteria for your bowels. 

Fucking pharmacy dude told me not to drink any alkohol but not that my ass would be ravaged when all bacteria in the body is wiped out.
    Yes, I had some unpleasant side effect from strong antibiotics once. Always take probiotics with antibiotics. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    My ass feel like an Eddie Vedder post-RITFW tambourine.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Yes
    HAHAHA
  • Yes
    Shitting battery acid. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Shitting battery acid. 
    That's the most fitting description of it I've seen. 

It's like the blood from a Xenomorph.

• No
    Is that Agnes's bon voyage gif?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    No
    Cosby Blessing?
    @Amongst the Ani
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Yes
    This thread takes so many turns.   
  • No
    Toonces Cat Driving GIF - Toonces CatDriving GIFs
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Yes
    Lesson learned - if you're on antiobiotics get some pills with extra lactic acid baceteria for your bowels. 

Maybe you’d feel better if you put some Inotyol cream on your red skin, have you tried any cream?
  • No
    That's right, today is "Let's-fuck-with-Hugh-day" by posting a lot of pictures and gifs. ;) 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    Annafalk said:

Maybe you’d feel better if you put some Inotyol cream on your red skin, have you tried any cream?
    Yeah, @Spiritual_Chaos , have you tried any cream in your cornhole?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • No
    :rofl:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    No
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    That's right, today is "Let's-fuck-with-Hugh-day" by posting a lot of pictures and gifs. ;) 
    it's always let's fuck with hugh day. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• No
    I know, after I posted that I thought,"Wait, isn't that what everybody was doing yesterday?".  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I know, after I posted that I thought,"Wait, isn't that what everybody was doing yesterday?".  
    sometimes when I'm at home I think "I need to go back and check all the threads with pictures that didn't make sense at work today", then I realize how fucking ludicrous that is. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    sometimes when I'm at home I think "I need to go back and check all the threads with pictures that didn't make sense at work today", then I realize how fucking ludicrous that is. :lol: