Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    my2hands said:
    Ed covered Wildflowers last night 
    I hope someone recorded that.   That's my favourite Tom Petty song.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Zod said:
    my2hands said:
    Ed covered Wildflowers last night 
    I hope someone recorded that.   That's my favourite Tom Petty song.
    This would have been awesome!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited July 2018
    Somewhere Under Heaven is not on the American Treasure box set, but there are some unreleased Wildflowers tracks on there:

6. Lonesome Dave (Previously unreleased track from Wildflowers sessions—July 23, 1993)
    7. To Find A Friend (Album track from Wildflowers—November 1, 1994)
    8. Crawling Back To You (Album track from Wildflowers—November 1, 1994)
    9. Wake Up Time (Previously unreleased track from early Wildflowers sessions—August 12, 1992)
    14. Don’t Fade On Me (Previously unreleased track from Wildflowers—sessions—April 20, 1994)

Clearly, there's not enough material here to make up a whole album, so I hope All The Rest is still coming.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Somewhere Under Heaven is not on the American Treasures box set, but there are some unreleased Wildflowers tracks on there:

6. Lonesome Dave (Previously unreleased track from Wildflowers sessions—July 23, 1993)
    7. To Find A Friend (Album track from Wildflowers—November 1, 1994)
    8. Crawling Back To You (Album track from Wildflowers—November 1, 1994)
    9. Wake Up Time (Previously unreleased track from early Wildflowers sessions—August 12, 1992)
    14. Don’t Fade On Me (Previously unreleased track from Wildflowers—sessions—April 20, 1994)

Clearly, there's not enough material here to make up a whole album, so I hope All The Rest is still coming.

I was thinking (and hoping) the same thing. Looks like TP's camp may be cracking the vault door to the Wildflowers sessions w/ LP2 coming at a later date.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Next year is its 25th. Probably doing something then.

Next year is its 25th. Probably doing something then.

I was thinking the same thing. The waiting is the hardest part...
    Grateful one on my favorite albums, Wildflowers, was released 24 years ago today :joy:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    jjflash said:
    Grateful one on my favorite albums, Wildflowers, was released 24 years ago today :joy:
    Man, time flies.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    jjflash said:
    Man, time flies.
    No doubt, our baby done growed up. It's aged quite gracefully and, IMO, will continue to do so. Looking forward to the day they release the companion piece to it :smile:
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    edited December 2018
    it seems that a repress is coming very soon...
    Post edited by Air23 on
    Air23 said:
    it seems that a repress is coming very soon...
    The expanded version? Or just a standard reissue? I know it was repressed for the boxset, which I have, but I think they were waiting to do the All The Rest box. Is there new info?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I do not have detailed info. I have just noticed that the release of Wildflowers (2 LP) is listed as forthcoming by an European record store
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Air23 said:
    I do not have detailed info. I have just noticed that the release of Wildflowers (2 LP) is listed as forthcoming by an European record store

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    Yeah, I saw one too, but it specified MCA (records), which is where he started, not Warner Brothers/Reprise which is where he ended. I think this listing is suspicious...but hope you're right!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    jbrownie said:
    Yeah, I saw one too, but it specified MCA (records), which is where he started, not Warner Brothers/Reprise which is where he ended. I think this listing is suspicious...but hope you're right!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    jbrownie said:

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Who waits til after the shopping season to release something like this? Seems unlikely. I’m wondering if they got a list of projected 2019 releases and ran with it.
    edited December 2018
    Yeah I share the same impression but Wildflowers is set for release according to the record store.

Did anybody notice that Sound of Vinyl had announced a colored release for DTT and FMF a few weeks ago? However, the link to the sale is no longer online...

Post edited by Air23 on
    For those who bought the boxset and the individual releases of the Albums: are they the same pressing?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    You belong among the wild flowers 
    Fantastic episode (see Episode #7) of a newish podcast where Malcolm Gladwell interviews Rick Rubin who talks about the making of the Wildflowers album(s). DL via iTunes store or it can be streamed here: https://brokenrecordpodcast.com 
    Highly recommended listen when you have about 30 minutes :sunglasses:
    @mfc2006 @DewieCox @Tim Simmons @darthvedder
    jjflash said:
    Fantastic episode (see Episode #7) of a newish podcast where Malcolm Gladwell interviews Rick Rubin who talks about the making of the Wildflowers album(s). DL via iTunes store or it can be streamed here: https://brokenrecordpodcast.com 
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jjflash said:
    Oh I’m going to check that out right now! Thanks for sharing!
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    jjflash said:
    Oh I’m going to check that out right now! Thanks for sharing!
    Listened to it last week while I was at the gym. Really great listen. Some nice tidbits and stories I never knew.

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    There's a countdown on tompetty.com along with some audio strongly hinting at something Wildflowers happening tomorrow!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    There's a countdown on tompetty.com along with some audio strongly hinting at something Wildflowers happening tomorrow!
    Awesome. My wife wants wildflowers on vinyl badly. Be an awesome gift as I don’t want to shell out $500US or whatever people are asking these days 
  • i still miss tom a real lot. his creativity was always inspiring to me.
    the triple threat. singer, song writer, guitar player.
    his songs will never go out of style.

Tom Petty’s solo masterpiece, Wildflowers, will be getting an expanded release. The news was confirmed by his daughter, Adria Petty, in an interview today (June 25) on the Tom Petty Channel on SiriusXM. The collection, still referred to as “the Wildflowers project,” “is still not ready,” but a first release – a home demo of his “You Don’t Know How it Feels” – was premiered on the channel during the interview. The song will also be released on YouTube on Friday, June 26 at 11 a.m. ET.

With some reported estate squabbles settled, the project is being overseen by Adria and her sister AnnaKim, in conjunction with Petty’s widow, Dana, and the Heartbreakers. Though the LP’s 25th anniversary passed in 2019, fans will likely savor what’s to come. Adria Petty was careful not to make a hard promise on a specific date for the release but the team is aiming for 2020.

An expanded release of Wildflowers has been discussed for quite some time. Adria Petty said, “[We look forward to putting] this masterpiece in the framing that it deserved.” The finished set will include home recordings and demos. The team decided to put the “You Don’t Know How it Feels” demo out now because “fans have been waiting for this for such a long time,” she said.

“We don’t have my dad’s brilliant ears and eyes,” she said, “but as we were playing the demos, this one put everyone feeling really good. We get to [hear] my dad unpolished. This song is really cool because you see it coming right out of his notebook.”

The long rumored projected had often been referred to as Wildflowers and All the Rest.

The news had been teased on Petty’s website and on YouTube, which featured an image of a wolf-like figure dressed in human clothing with the phrase “Most Things That I Worry ‘Bout Never Happen Anyway,” a lyric from the album’s “Crawling Back to You.” As a result, the members of the Facebook group Tom Petty Nation spent much of Thursday afternoon speculating on what the release would entail.

The song will be shared on YouTube on Friday, June 26 at 11 a.m. ET

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Tom Petty’s solo masterpiece, Wildflowers, will be getting an expanded release. The news was confirmed by his daughter, Adria Petty, in an interview today (June 25) on the Tom Petty Channel on SiriusXM. The collection, still referred to as “the Wildflowers project,” “is still not ready,” but a first release – a home demo of his “You Don’t Know How it Feels” – was premiered on the channel during the interview. The song will also be released on YouTube on Friday, June 26 at 11 a.m. ET.

With some reported estate squabbles settled, the project is being overseen by Adria and her sister AnnaKim, in conjunction with Petty’s widow, Dana, and the Heartbreakers. Though the LP’s 25th anniversary passed in 2019, fans will likely savor what’s to come. Adria Petty was careful not to make a hard promise on a specific date for the release but the team is aiming for 2020.

An expanded release of Wildflowers has been discussed for quite some time. Adria Petty said, “[We look forward to putting] this masterpiece in the framing that it deserved.” The finished set will include home recordings and demos. The team decided to put the “You Don’t Know How it Feels” demo out now because “fans have been waiting for this for such a long time,” she said.

“We don’t have my dad’s brilliant ears and eyes,” she said, “but as we were playing the demos, this one put everyone feeling really good. We get to [hear] my dad unpolished. This song is really cool because you see it coming right out of his notebook.”

The long rumored projected had often been referred to as Wildflowers and All the Rest.

The news had been teased on Petty’s website and on YouTube, which featured an image of a wolf-like figure dressed in human clothing with the phrase “Most Things That I Worry ‘Bout Never Happen Anyway,” a lyric from the album’s “Crawling Back to You.” As a result, the members of the Facebook group Tom Petty Nation spent much of Thursday afternoon speculating on what the release would entail.

The song will be shared on YouTube on Friday, June 26 at 11 a.m. ET

Finally!!! I'm so excited for this.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Petty Family Releases The Original Demo Version of
    “You Don’t Know How It Feels”
    At Midnight eastern the Petty Family will release Tom’s 8 track demo of his classic song “You Don’t Know How It Feels” which will be part of a forthcoming Wildflowers project on Warner Records.
    The demo, recorded in his home studio, is stunning and intimate. The song, well known for the lyric “Let’s Get To The Point, and Let’s Roll Another Joint” has slightly different lyrics. It shows an insight to his writing process and introduces a line from another favorite Wildflowers track “Crawling Back To You” stating, “most things I worry about never happen anyway.”
    A humorous, animated video created and directed by Ben “Blaze” Brooks and Aaron Hymes will premiere on TomPetty.com and YouTube June 26 at 8am pacific tomorrow morning, set a reminder here.
    “The family and the band are in a joyful process of discovering the Wildflowers sessions and demos and wanted to share a tiny bit of that with the fans today,” adds Adria Petty on behalf of the Petty Family.
    “You Don’t Know How It Feels” was first released in November of 1994, on Petty’s Wildflowers album.