The Pizza Thread

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    I wouldn't call Pizza Hut good pizza, but I really enjoy eating it.  Clearly it's a substantial part of the childhood of anyone who grew up between '85 and '95 in the States, and I still like that greasy, fluffy pan crust.  When it's just right it's super fluffy and with a nice crisp crunch on the bottom.
    When it is done shitty...well it still beats the fuck out of Domino's and edges out Papa John's too, for most Midwesterners at least.
    It's cheap as dirt too, cheaper than a flozen take and bake.
    Well yeah, anything is better than Domino's, lol.
    Eating dominos while you are drunk is magical. Lol
    For me this is dangerous. I think it's so gross that I don't eat anywhere near enough of it. I end up drinking on a nearly empty stomach, and we all know how that generally goes, lol! Blammo'd. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Eating Lou's when you are sober is....catastrophic.
    Blammo'd for real!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    So why do men eat pizza that they know gives them diarrhea? :pensive:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jalapeno/Ham?
    Close. Pineapple, pancetta, smoked jalapeños.  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Jalapeno/Ham?
    Yum!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited December 2018
    dankind said:
    Jalapeno/Ham?
    Pineapple on pizza?!  Oh man come on!   That’s worse than ice cubes with my red wine!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    Jalapeno/Ham?
    I don't like the pineapple but love the other two.  I would be ok with picking off the pineapple.  Looks good!
    dankind said:
    Jalapeno/Ham?
    I don't like the pineapple but love the other two.  I would be ok with picking off the pineapple.  Looks good!
    Totally agree. Pancetta on anything is amazing. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wait....  @Empty Glass     
    :rofl:

First and only time I ate at Lou's.  Never again.
    Normally pizza is wonderful for the stomach.
    I LOVE the pineapple with salty and spicy like that - my fave!!
    PJ_Soul said:
    Because we are men!  Even if I crap a thousand times after eating wings or white pizza, it was totally worth it. 

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Because we are men!  Even if I crap a thousand times after eating wings or white pizza, it was totally worth it. 

Yep.  My intestines usually wake me up every Friday morning at 4-5am after wing night to remind me of the good times I had the night before.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wait....  @Empty Glass     

2013 Lou almost lead to a Wrigley shit, which I most definitely did not want to do.

2018 Lou was beautiful.  Tasted so much better.  Did O’Hare shit the next day though
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Too frigging funny
  • Okay... so the lesson here is never eat Lou's and then get into a merch line without a partner? Is this the lesson?

"Hi! Could I please get one poster and two poster tubes?"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    :lol:
    Okay... so the lesson here is never eat Lou's and then get into a merch line without a partner? Is this the lesson?

"Hi! Could I please get one poster and two poster tubes?"
    Lol.  Lou's was awesome but man did I go through some toilet paper the following day.   Thankfully it cleared out by the time I headed over to Wrigley.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I can gladly say that I’ve had Lou’s in Chicago and shipped frozen and I’ve managed to maintain normalcy through both experiences. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I must have an iron stomach. ;)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I have not had a pizza in many many months.
    Probably a good thing given my weight.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    This and a plain pie along with some Pinot Grigio. 
    ^ That looks fantastic. I’m in Ypsilanti, MI this weekend for my daughters gymnastics meet. We ordered a pizza last night. I asked the hotel what the best pizza is and went with their suggestion. This pizza made Dominos look like the best pizza on earth. It was terrible! 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ That looks fantastic. I’m in Ypsilanti, MI this weekend for my daughters gymnastics meet. We ordered a pizza last night. I asked the hotel what the best pizza is and went with their suggestion. This pizza made Dominos look like the best pizza on earth. It was terrible! 
    It was really really good.  See if there are in gymnastics meets in nj and I'll give you a pizza/local beer tour.  Any pictures of the disgusting michigan pizza?!
    ^ Man, I would take you up on that in a heartbeat if she ever has a meet on NJ. I can tell you have some top notch pizza out there. As far as the MI pizza goes, no pics my friend. It wasnt even worthy of one. Lol. In hindsight I wish I did snap one to post here. It would have made the top 5 worst pies easily. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Anyone here have a Ooni pizza oven?  I got one a few months back and highly recommend it.  It heats up to 900+ degrees in about 10-15 minutes.  It makes absolute KILLER Neapolitan pizzas. I've eaten so much damn pizza over the last couple of months because of it.  Blessing and a curse!   LOL  
    mca47 said:
    Anyone here have a Ooni pizza oven?  I got one a few months back and highly recommend it.  It heats up to 900+ degrees in about 10-15 minutes.  It makes absolute KILLER Neapolitan pizzas. I've eaten so much damn pizza over the last couple of months because of it.  Blessing and a curse!   LOL  
    I checked that out a while back...interesting.
    Great feedback.
    And...please share some pics from the Ooni results!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wait....  @Empty Glass     

2013 Lou almost lead to a Wrigley shit, which I most definitely did not want to do.

2018 Lou was beautiful.  Tasted so much better.  Did O’Hare shit the next day though

people always seem to take loud dumps in airports.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    And...please share some pics from the Ooni results!
    Yes, would like to see as well
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I want my very own wood fire pizza oven. I have not made a pizza in years. I saw Jamie Oliver making some on TV the other day using a conventional oven and a slab of (forgot the name of it) which he sourced from a builder in order to use as a pizza stone.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014