White Supremacist groups on the rise in U.S.

14567810»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
     I've recently started reading James Bradley's book The Imperial Cruise and realizing in the early going of this book (great so far!) that white supremacy and the belief in the Aryan Myth goes back deeper in our culture that I realized.  Bradley talks about some of our national figures who were steeped in Aryan Myth/ white supremacist thought:

Theodore Roosevelt.  Roosevelt was raised with a white supremacist background as his southern belle mother told him stories that were full of racism.  He later studied under Professor John Burgess who taught that "only white people could  rule because the Teuton [an ancient Germanic tribe] had created the idea of the state".  Teddy was a Burgess fanatic.  He was also a phony outdoors man.  As Bradly puts it, "more soft blankets than barbed wire".  He was a sickly, wealthy, aristocratic child who early on realized he would not go far in life unless he made himself look tough. He went to a lot of effort  to make himself appear as though he were a great outdoors man. For example, he had staged photographs supposing to make him look like a rugged hunter. 

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.  A favorite poem of Theodore Roosevelt's was Longfellow's "The Saga of King Olaf".  It's no wonder-- that poem is a celebration of Teutonic White supremacy. 

Charles Darwin.  Darwin praised "the great stream of Anglo-Saxon emigration to the west."  He also stated, in The Descent of Man, "At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races"

Ralph Waldo Emerson.  A big fan of Tacitus, the Roman senator and historian who wrote that long ago "the peoples of Germany [were] a race untainted by intermarriage with other races. a peculiar people and pure, like no one but themselves [with] a high moral code and individual rights..." (from Germania)

Thomas Jefferson.  Besides being a slave owner, Jefferson "justified Colonial America's breaking its ties with Mother England as a return to a better time when his Aryan ancestors had lived in liberty."  When asked to make a suggestion for the Great Seal of the United States, Jefferson suggested the two Teuton brothers who founded the Anglo-Saxon race.

Peter Burnett.  The mid 1800's California governor said, "That a war of extermination will continue to be waged between the two races until the Indian race has become extinct must be expected... The inevitable destiny of the [White} race is beyond the power of man to avert."

And this of course is just the tip of the iceberg.  It's no wonder race issues are still a big problem in America (and elsewhere).  Racial prejudice is deeply embedded in our blood. Better education and a deeper, truer understanding of history  would go a long way in lessening this problem.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Charlottesville incel convicted of 1st degree murder. Will Team Trump Treason pardon him or was it all state charges?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2018
    Charlottesville incel convicted of 1st degree murder. Will Team Trump Treason pardon him or was it all state charges?
    Good, hope he burns in hell
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited December 2018
    Charlottesville incel convicted of 1st degree murder. Will Team Trump Treason pardon him or was it all state charges?
    He'll be right at home with his white supremacist incel AB brethren
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Reading the first page of this thread was awful!  People may decry the "echo chamber", but damn, there were some mad racists/xenophobes posting all over the place!
    I'm glad they've been weeded out.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,413
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I didn't even realize that he's also an incel. Wow, what a guy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well, "incel" isn't a group.  It's just the label the left puts on angry white conservative males.  It's like the left's only version of libtard, cuck, and all the other names the right uses to demonize it's domestic enemies.  I don't really use it because it just seems like we're taking a cue from them.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited December 2018
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well, "incel" isn't a group.  It's just the label the left puts on angry white conservative males.  It's like the left's only version of libtard, cuck, and all the other names the right uses to demonize it's domestic enemies.  I don't really use it because it just seems like we're taking a cue from them.
    Incel isn't an organized group, but incels do self-identify as such and are a very real thing, and as a woman I find it offensive that you're turning the real existence of incels (one of whom killed many Canadians in a terrorist attack in Toronto earlier this year) into some kind of insult directed at the left. You're dead wrong about incel being a term equivalent to cuck and libtard in general. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think that and are disrespecting the real victims of real incels. You're also depreciating the threat of them as a growing movement and sub-culture, which they are.
    That said, does this guy identify as an incel or not, or at least have all the defining qualities of those who do? If not, then yeah, ALL people need to stop misusing the term, just like you need to stop saying what you just said about it.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,413
    PJ_Soul said:
    reads as opinion to me. link a source where he identifies as such.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Incel isn't an organized group, but incels do self-identify as such and are a very real thing, and as a woman I find it offensive that you're turning the real existence of incels (one of whom killed many Canadians in a terrorist attack in Toronto earlier this year) into some kind of insult directed at the left. You're dead wrong about incel being a term equivalent to cuck and libtard in general. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think that and are disrespecting the real victims of real incels. You're also depreciating the threat of them as a growing movement and sub-culture, which they are.
    That said, does this guy identify as an incel or not, or at least have all the defining qualities of those who do? If not, then yeah, ALL people need to stop misusing the term, just like you need to stop saying what you just said about it.

I literally had no idea that there were people that self-identified as incels.  I mean, I was involuntarily-celibate into my sophomore year of college but I didn't brag about it (nor want anyone to know).  I thought it was just something we used to insult angry white dudes that aren't doing so well with the ladies.

(googles the term...)

Wow.  I did not know.  It's hard to keep up with this crap nowadays. So, sorry for the confusion.  Though I do see it thrown at right-wing clowns at time.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I literally had no idea that there were people that self-identified as incels.  I mean, I was involuntarily-celibate into my sophomore year of college but I didn't brag about it (nor want anyone to know).  I thought it was just something we used to insult angry white dudes that aren't doing so well with the ladies.

(googles the term...)

Wow.  I did not know.  It's hard to keep up with this crap nowadays. So, sorry for the confusion.  Though I do see it thrown at right-wing clowns at time.
    Lol, I'm sorry for getting mad then - It didn't occur to me you really didn't know that! :) Yeah, these incels are crazy.
    This isn't the first time I've gotten pissy about the term being misused btw - I suppose I gave an earful when someone who just couldn't find a GF called himself one, haha.