"The calm before the storm."

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I can't believe I didn't catch this until now.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Same faces seem to be at the front regardless of GA.

right on. time to go back to seniority seating. :lol: I can only hope.

I'm on board with my high # as long as they charge fair prices.

Throw down tiers at $300 $200 and $100 into the draw then winners go in by club number. Even throw in a $400 tier and let's see who really wants to get closer.

Charging FOH and nose bleeds roughly the same is unamerican /s

no way, man. let's keep ticket prices "reasonable".

you can throw down your $400 on a flux capacitor and go back to 91 and join the fanclub.

If I had that I'd buy apple Microsoft Google and some porcupine tree albums. Selling everything at same price is asking somebody else to subsidize you. I'd never trust their reserve seat policy again after that Fenway debacle. 

10c was a poor deal for 15+ years and to this day selling a product without disclosure would not what I want part of my legacy to be. Love the band hate their business ideas.
    Nobody is subsidizing anything. That may be the case if they charged $300 a ticket. But compared to other artists who sell out places like this, they are basically charging "cheap seat" prices for every seat in the house.
    I would agree the obstructed views that were not disclosed was bad. Those should have been disclosed and discounted, but that is probably not the fault of 10c, I'm guessing they had no idea which seats were obstructed or not, and probably rely on information from TM or the venue to disclose that. I guess its possible it was disclosed and they threw them in with the rest of the lotto. But that's the only valid complaint I see, everything else is just whining.  Everyone knows of you have a high # you get crappy seats. SO take your chances with TM if it bothers you then.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Let me know what happens with this. Thanks guys.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • In 2003 I paid $165 to see Neil Young play his rock opera Greendale. No regrets.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    In 2003 I paid $165 to see Neil Young play his rock opera Greendale. No regrets.
    I can't remember what I paid, but I didn't like it. Mostly because I didn't realize it was a rock opera and didn't know why the only 3 songs I knew were in the 3-song encore at the end of the show. Not having listened to Greendale or knowing the concept album, it was disappointing going to that show. It also started something like 90 minutes late due to "technical difficulties", which could be why we only got a 3-song encore.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think that them starting to "legacy act"-charge for tickets aren't that far in the future. 
    I think that is where they are going to lose a lot of fans.  Instead of going to 3 or 4 shows I'd only go to one.
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think that them starting to "legacy act"-charge for tickets aren't that far in the future. 
    I think that is where they are going to lose a lot of fans.  Instead of going to 3 or 4 shows I'd only go to one.
    Same. I wouldn't be able to travel and pay prices like that.
    They don't need you when they got whole familes coming for some great wholesome entertainment.

"Look mom, the singer swings on the lamp! And I will get you that tambourine with my sign saying it's my first show in no time mommy"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mace1229 said:
    In 2003 I paid $165 to see Neil Young play his rock opera Greendale. No regrets.
    I can't remember what I paid, but I didn't like it. Mostly because I didn't realize it was a rock opera and didn't know why the only 3 songs I knew were in the 3-song encore at the end of the show. Not having listened to Greendale or knowing the concept album, it was disappointing going to that show. It also started something like 90 minutes late due to "technical difficulties", which could be why we only got a 3-song encore.
    I love Neil Young but I hated that show. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mace1229 said:
    I love Neil Young but I hated that show. 
    Yeah, it was bad. And unfortunately was the only time I've seen him live. Would love just a greatest hits show.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    They were right, it was the merch storm
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    I think the storm warming is officially cancelled
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Fake news
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I think the storm warming is officially cancelled

Fake news
    :lol: x 2
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

Throw down tiers at $300 $200 and $100 into the draw then winners go in by club number. Even throw in a $400 tier and let's see who really wants to get closer.

you can throw down your $400 on a flux capacitor and go back to 91 and join the fanclub.

Totally. I think I'd finally give up on PJ altogether if they started selling $200 and $300 tickets. Fuck that. They're not U2, thank god.
    We say that now...buuuut would we really?
    I don't know about you, but I would, yes. There is no way in hell I'd pay that much for a ticket. I didn't even go to the ballpark shows because of how much those cost, and they were way less than $200. I also didn't even go to the Pemberton show in 2016 because of how much that cost, and I think that was $141 and right in my backyard. I even had free accommodations, lol. I simply am not willing to pay that much for concerts. It's a total rip off.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

Totally. I think I'd finally give up on PJ altogether if they started selling $200 and $300 tickets. Fuck that. They're not U2, thank god.
    We say that now...buuuut would we really?
    I don't know about you, but I would, yes. There is no way in hell I'd pay that much for a ticket. I didn't even go to the ballpark shows because of how much those cost, and they were way less than $200. I also didn't even go to the Pemberton show in 2016 because of how much that cost, and I think that was $141 and right in my backyard. I even had free accommodations, lol. I simply am not willing to pay that much for concerts. It's a total rip off.
    I agree. I treated myself to the Wrigley shows only because I hadn't seen them since 2014, and I had convinced myself this was my farewell tour for me. Farewell because at $125 a pop I don't see myself going to shows anymore. Maybe one a tour if they play in my home town, but definitely not traveling at that price anymore. At that price I went by myself, not sure if the wife would want me to do that without her again. 
    But when the weekend was over I had so much fun so who knows. Maybe if they keep it around the same price I would, but not go much higher, definitely not the $200-300 range, that would be an easy pass at that price. At $250 a ticket, that would be a thousands bucks on just tickets for 2 shows  the both of us to do something like Wrigley again, that is just crazy. Who would want to do that? And I don't see traveling worth while unless I get at least 2 shows out of it.
  • This is worst than fenway dirty frank
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    yeah, its getting close to my price point.  Especially for some shows you recruit a friend to go, and its much tougher to get them to agree to pay hundreds for a ticket they are only somewhat enthused about.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    At $125 per ticket I could only do one show last summer.   No way I am spending $500 to see pj twice. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited December 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    At $125 per ticket I could only do one show last summer.   No way I am spending $500 to see pj twice. 
    Yeah, I'd still do one $125/ticket in a tour (if they come to my own city). That's my limit. I'm not sure if I'll even travel for them again. It's just too expensive. But you never know. I might get the urge to make a vacation out of it. But even then, it would only be for one PJ show, wherever it might be. But then that's all I've done so far. I've never followed them around on tour. I've just done a couple destination show one-offs. I can't understand how non-flipper fans can afford to follow them from city to city. I personally spent nearly $4000 CAD just to see them play once in Chicago, lol. Because I made a 5 day vacation of it.
    But you know, if I win the lottery I'll totally do multiple cities, haha. But only maybe 2 or 3. I wouldn't be able to see a bunch of shows in a tour. I'd get so fucking sick of PJ if I did that. That's great that some people just can't get enough I suppose, but that's not for me. Not for PJ or any other artist on the face of the planet.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    This is worst than fenway dirty frank
    Nothing is worst than that 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    JP218404 said:
    This is worst than fenway dirty frank
    Nothing is worst than that 

very true

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Stuck in a quote box.
    Ticket prices will go up.  Count on it. Even at $200 PJ is well worth it.
    Now does anybody really know anything bout the plans for next year?

PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, I'd still do one $125/ticket in a tour (if they come to my own city). That's my limit. I'm not sure if I'll even travel for them again. It's just too expensive. But you never know. I might get the urge to make a vacation out of it. But even then, it would only be for one PJ show, wherever it might be. But then that's all I've done so far. I've never followed them around on tour. I've just done a couple destination show one-offs. I can't understand how non-flipper fans can afford to follow them from city to city. I personally spent nearly $4000 CAD just to see them play once in Chicago, lol. Because I made a 5 day vacation of it.
    But you know, if I win the lottery I'll totally do multiple cities, haha. But only maybe 2 or 3. I wouldn't be able to see a bunch of shows in a tour. I'd get so fucking sick of PJ if I did that. That's great that some people just can't get enough I suppose, but that's not for me. Not for PJ or any other artist on the face of the planet.
    I was able to keep the cost down pretty low this time. In 2013, my wife and I made a mini vacation out of Wrigley, but was expensive so I skipped 2016. This last summer I was able to find reasonable flights and AirBnb, split it with a couple at work whos also in the 10c. Finding someone to go with I trusted enough to split Uber and AirBnb with cut down a lot. I think tickets, 3 nights, travel expenses and even food was under $1200 and I got 2 shows out of it.
    If we ditch the kids and I take my wife next time, she prefers public transportation over Uber (and so do I, but the people I was traveling with didn't), so we could probably do it for under 2k for the 2 of us considering I spent about $200 for my share of Uber on the weekend. I'll just refuse to travel again if the bulk of the cost is going to be the concert tickets.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I'm with others.  $125 or $250/pair is my peak.  I was lucky enough (as most were) to get both Fenway shows last time around, and the $500 charge was a doozy. But we knew that going in.

My hope is that it goes back closer to the $188/pair that we had for 2016 arena shows.  But I'm not holding my breath.  
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    edited December 2018
    I find it amaxing how much people say it costs them! I did 8 shows this summer, biggest expense were tickets which i mistly buddied up on, granted, but i managed a week in Seattle for £600(flight and accommodation), a week in Europe for far far less and then a couple of overnighters, one in the airport, another on the sidewalk. Done! It really can be done on the cheap. And yes, i have kids and an averagely paid job....
    Post edited by Gingerlou77 on
    I find it amaxing how much people say it costs them! I did 8 shows this summer, biggest expense were tickets which i mistly buddied up on, granted, but i managed a week in Seattle for £600(flight and accommodation), a week in Europe for far far less and then a couple of overnighters, one in the airport, another on the sidewalk. Done! It really can be done on the cheap. And yes, i have kids and an averagely paid job....
    I could only imagine my wife's reaction when I tell her in order to cut costs we are going to sleep in the airport and on the sidewalk lol.   
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I could only imagine my wife's reaction when I tell her in order to cut costs we are going to sleep in the airport and on the sidewalk lol.   
    Ha, thats why i do it with friends! Trickier if there's two of you, i agree 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    I really like doing a road trip, with 2-3 shows as the plan. I can justify that if they are 150-180 for a pair. I cant do that if they are 250 a pair anymore.  

Post college, i had much more disposable income. Now with kids, its harder to manage that. The road trip alone is hard to coordinate. 2009 was really our last proper road trip. Since then,  its been one offs where we can get sitters. 

My only request is no more baseball parks. I get why they did Wrigley in 2013. And with the rain, i get why they did it again in 2016. 2018, while fun, was beginning to wear thin, esp with the rain delay for monday. I dont want rain delays. Play places where the show can go on.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    edited December 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Right?! Honestly, I'm too old for that shit, or I have just become too much of a princess, or whatever, lol. I'd rather stay home than go on a trip that entails that kind of thing. :lol: Nope, Pearl Jam ain't worth sleeping in airports and on sidewalks. I guess I'm just not THAT big of a fan, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Right?! Honestly, I'm too old for that shit, or I have just become too much of a princess, or whatever, lol. I'd rather stay home than go on a trip that entails that kind of thing. :lol: Nope, Pearl Jam ain't worth sleeping in airports and on sidewalks. I guess I'm just not THAT big of a fan, lol.
    Me either!  If I m going away I am going to stay  in a nice hotel.  No way am I sleeping on the sidewalk! Lol
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Me either!  If I m going away I am going to stay  in a nice hotel.  No way am I sleeping on the sidewalk! Lol
    Yup, exactly. I've actually cut out motels as well, lol. Comfortable hotel or nothing for this diva. :lol: