"The calm before the storm."

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Ticket prices are a weird thing.   I saw Spoon for like $30 at a very small club last December and it was one of the better more satisfying concerts I have been to in a long while.   Saw Luna on their small new England swing before they hit Europe in August.  I think those tickets were $35.  

Terrifying that people would consider paying $130 for Hootie and The Blowfish.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    PB11041 said:

Just checked the local show in Mansfield and top ticket price (non-platinum) is $181.50 plus fees. What's even more shocking is the show looks to have almost sold out of the seats (can't tell what's left on lawn), though I don't doubt Live nation/Ticketmaster have held plenty back to create demand.
    But seriously who is clamoring to see this show in 2019? Mind boggling.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    RS65573 said:
    I dont know, I think the merch machine is generating even more than ticket sales.

The market is insane...if I sold my posters, I could put in a pool.
    If I were you I’d put that pool in.  Yolo.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    All tickets are becoming too much. Concerts, movies, sporting events, etc. add the astronomical drink and food prices. I’d rather stay home for most things at this point. PJ is about the only thing I’ll spend three digits to go see and even that is at the brink for me. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:

Just checked the local show in Mansfield and top ticket price (non-platinum) is $181.50 plus fees. What's even more shocking is the show looks to have almost sold out of the seats (can't tell what's left on lawn), though I don't doubt Live nation/Ticketmaster have held plenty back to create demand.
    I wouldn’t pay 130 but I’d pay 75 to see hootie and barenaked ladies.  Never seen either but again, yolo.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    RS65573 said:
    I dont know, I think the merch machine is generating even more than ticket sales.

The market is insane...if I sold my posters, I could put in a pool.
    If I were you I’d put that pool in.  Yolo.

Yeah the wife is all over me about this.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I agree.  I can see the headstones play a bar for 35 Canadian and i know the show will be amazing.   I just spent a mint on Stones tickets and doubt it will compare to that.   Still have never seen the stones.  What expensive tickets are doing are destroying my repeat business.  I paid a mint to see GNR in 2016.  Great show but given the price I didn't go back the next time.  I'll pay a mint to knockout the last of my bucket list bands but I won't pay it to see bands I've seen before.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    So now Matt Cameron is tracking drums on his Instagram? The more I think about it, the more useless I feel it's become to rely on this forum for any of the updates and news about a new record.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    wbutler29 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I am a little surprised the music industry hasn't collapsed or something. PJ is the only band I'd ever pay $100 to see. My wife wants to see terrible shows like Pink and I look at tickets prices and gag. How does Pink fill up an arena at $200 a ticket?
    I still catch some of my old favorites like Better Than Ezra and Weezer because they are still in the $40 range (about $65 after fees though).

Better than Ezra . . . so good.  totally underrated.  One of fave college bands.  Couldn't quite break through
    Took my wife to her first BTE show this summer, she loved it. I used to catch them about once a year during my college years, now its about as often as PJ. But they are so fun live and I can always listen to them. Definitely highly recommend, especially since they are still affordable.

• Zod said:
    I agree.  I can see the headstones play a bar for 35 Canadian and i know the show will be amazing.   I just spent a mint on Stones tickets and doubt it will compare to that.   Still have never seen the stones.  What expensive tickets are doing are destroying my repeat business.  I paid a mint to see GNR in 2016.  Great show but given the price I didn't go back the next time.  I'll pay a mint to knockout the last of my bucket list bands but I won't pay it to see bands I've seen before.
    Same in here, mate.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:

I wouldn’t pay 130 but I’d pay 75 to see hootie and barenaked ladies.  Never seen either but again, yolo.
    I think it was $65 for Better Than Ezra and Bare Naked Ladies at Red Rocks this summer. Seen BTE about 6 or 7 times, but never BNL. Great show, except for the freeing rain in August.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited December 2018
    So now Matt Cameron is tracking drums on his Instagram? The more I think about it, the more useless I feel it's become to rely on this forum for any of the updates and news about a new record.
    Yeah, you would think these crypt-ed hints would be on here(the FAN-CLUB website). Or, does that too much sense? Not everyone on here does Instachat, Tweetie, FakeBook or any of those other Social Media outlets.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    cutz said:
    Yeah, you would think these crypt-ed hints would be on here(the FAN-CLUB website). Or, does that too much sense? Not everyone on here does Instachat, Tweetie, FakeBook or any of those other Social Media outlets.
    Yup. 0 social media for me. COME ON!
  • cutz said:
    If they were crypt-ed hints, possible.....but I just think they are regular ol social media "ads" which is why they are where they are
  • I'm not enough of a fan of theirs to purchase but Dead and Company had some reasonably good seats for their upcoming tour at $39.50.  But getting back to PJ and not worrying about the price, I am intrigued by the latest photo.  DIMI:  are you awake?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    cutz said:
    If they were crypt-ed hints, possible.....but I just think they are regular ol social media "ads" which is why they are where they are
    Either way i see no reason they can't post it on here, too.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    "The calm before the storm.

Fanclub single to arrive next fall"

Yea we are still waiting for the 2017 deep and single 
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited December 2018
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    They do. On the home page. All their socials are there and you don’t have to have them to click and look. User errors 
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Stop saying yolo, please.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    How about a series of shows in nice cozy venues like Sacramento's Crest Theater!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    "The calm before the storm.

Fanclub single to arrive next fall"
    pure comedy gold
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
    JP218404 said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    They do. On the home page. All their socials are there and you don’t have to have them to click and look. User errors 
    The Forum
  • Video release of the last spectrum venue for the 10th birthday of the show? Like 2009-2019?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Same faces seem to be at the front regardless of GA.

right on. time to go back to seniority seating. :lol: I can only hope.

I'm on board with my high # as long as they charge fair prices.

Throw down tiers at $300 $200 and $100 into the draw then winners go in by club number. Even throw in a $400 tier and let's see who really wants to get closer.

Charging FOH and nose bleeds roughly the same is unamerican /s

no way, man. let's keep ticket prices "reasonable".

you can throw down your $400 on a flux capacitor and go back to 91 and join the fanclub.

If I had that I'd buy apple Microsoft Google and some porcupine tree albums. Selling everything at same price is asking somebody else to subsidize you. I'd never trust their reserve seat policy again after that Fenway debacle. 

10c was a poor deal for 15+ years and to this day selling a product without disclosure would not what I want part of my legacy to be. Love the band hate their business ideas.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Doesn't mean a damn thing.....
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    tdawe said:
    “The calm before the storm”...5 words....5 Washington Lane...the next show is at the White House!
    this is a fucking post!

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    MMRBQ in Camden
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the newsletter streted march 13 if im not misteken 
    they NEVERF announce tour dates via 10th every month newsletter
    the only BIG announcement was the LB album via newsletter july 13
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I could see them dropping the "big news up ahead, make sure your membership is up to date", and maybe even hint continent.  No way a tour announcement
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    MayDay10 said:
    I could see them dropping the "big news up ahead, make sure your membership is up to date", and maybe even hint continent.  No way a tour announcement
    in essence that would be a tour announcement.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652