The National Football League

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    how ridiculous are the redskins “reasons” for not even bringing Kaep in for a workkout? instead, they go with a guy who has never won an NFL game, has thrown more INTs than TDs, hasn’t been on a roster in 7 years and sucked when he was.
    NFL integrity.
    Kaep isn't that good and the NFL doesn't want the headaches.

That being said I stand by Kaep though.
    And I wouldn't be so sure that Kaep would even want to play for them.  A man campaigning for social justice suiting up for a team called "Redskins" seems a little counterproductive to his message.
    true that.

as I remember Kaep's numbers in his last year with the niners were good. the overall team record sucked. he played for jim tomsula, right? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    No one can tell me with a straight face that Sanchez is a better option than Kaep.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    how ridiculous are the redskins “reasons” for not even bringing Kaep in for a workkout? instead, they go with a guy who has never won an NFL game, has thrown more INTs than TDs, hasn’t been on a roster in 7 years and sucked when he was.
    NFL integrity.
    Kaep isn't that good and the NFL doesn't want the headaches.

That being said I stand by Kaep though.
    And I wouldn't be so sure that Kaep would even want to play for them.  A man campaigning for social justice suiting up for a team called "Redskins" seems a little counterproductive to his message.
    true that.

as I remember Kaep's numbers in his last year with the niners were good. the overall team record sucked. he played for jim tomsula, right? :lol:
    I think so.  I pretty much stopped paying attention after they fired Harbaugh. Gave up on the NFL not long after that.
  • JK_Livin said:
    No one can tell me with a straight face that Sanchez is a better option than Kaep.
    Pick em...
  • JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

He might be physically better, but he's not so much better that bringing him and all his distraction into the locker room makes it an easy decision. The shitty teams looking for guys like Sanchez are seeking warm bodies to fulfill schedule obligations- they're not looking for the answer to lead them to the promised land.

When you are seeking a stopgap, you don't get one that's going to cause problems for you.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    “Depends”? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I say the Redskins go all in and bring in the Sanchez, Kaep, and Tebow trifecta and keep Johnny Football on speed dial in case anyone elses leg happens to explode.  It would get me to watch a Redskins game =)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Maybe give this lad a shot ...

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

He might be physically better, but he's not so much better that bringing him and all his distraction into the locker room makes it an easy decision. The shitty teams looking for guys like Sanchez are seeking warm bodies to fulfill schedule obligations- they're not looking for the answer to lead them to the promised land.

When you are seeking a stopgap, you don't get one that's going to cause problems for you.
    They have no problem signing men who beat women. But when it comes to men who kneel for a 45 second song....I mean, you gotta draw the line somewhere. 

Kaep is most certainly better than Sanchez. Fuck the distraction. Take a stand for what's right. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

They have no problem signing men who beat women. But when it comes to men who kneel for a 45 second song....I mean, you gotta draw the line somewhere. 

Kaep is most certainly better than Sanchez. Fuck the distraction. Take a stand for what's right. 
    You’re wanting them to cherish and respect your values. Whether right or wrong, the NFL obviously respects the flag and the tradition of standing for the national anthem.

You can take a stand as well and not watch or support the league for the things you have stated: you have freedom of choice here too. Hire Kap and everything he brings to your locker room- including a law suit against the league- or I don’t tune in.

People forget that even before he took a knee, people despised him around the league including his own teammates. He was a reputed ass. And he’s the shits to boot. 

And for the record, I was disgusted with the Redskins for signing Foster: a really really poor move by a bush team.
  • JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

You’re wanting them to cherish and respect your values. Whether right or wrong, the NFL obviously respects the flag and the tradition of standing for the national anthem.

You can take a stand as well and not watch or support the league for the things you have stated: you have freedom of choice here too. Hire Kap and everything he brings to your locker room- including a law suit against the league- or I don’t tune in.

People forget that even before he took a knee, people despised him around the league including his own teammates. He was a reputed ass. And he’s the shits to boot. 

And for the record, I was disgusted with the Redskins for signing Foster: a really really poor move by a bush team.
    Snyder still own the ‘skins? Will always be a bush team as long as he’s involved.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

The distraction stuff is a bit overblown too, IMO. People said the same stuff about Mike Vick before Andy Reid took a chance on him. The distraction lasted a little while but dissipated as the weeks went by. Different situation here, obviously. Locker room wise, I would think the players would mostly be supportive and that's the most important thing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

The distraction stuff is a bit overblown too, IMO. People said the same stuff about Mike Vick before Andy Reid took a chance on him. The distraction lasted a little while but dissipated as the weeks went by. Different situation here, obviously. Locker room wise, I would think the players would mostly be supportive and that's the most important thing.

The 'distraction' would occur every Sunday... every national anthem. It isn't an issue that people might simply forget in time (turning their heads to the new and fresh issues that plague the NFL).

The locker room would be divided. There would definitely be players supporting Kap, but there would be just as many in the opposite corner. The inevitable locker room fragmentation is not something teams wish to inherit and manage for a QB that-sure- might be better than a guy like Sanchez... but hardly one to take a team to heightened performance levels.

The ceiling is really low and the floor is even lower.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Holy chiefs 
  • Holy last play of the Pats game. That place has always been the house of horrors for us.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

The 'distraction' would occur every Sunday... every national anthem. It isn't an issue that people might simply forget in time (turning their heads to the new and fresh issues that plague the NFL).

The locker room would be divided. There would definitely be players supporting Kap, but there would be just as many in the opposite corner. The inevitable locker room fragmentation is not something teams wish to inherit and manage for a QB that-sure- might be better than a guy like Sanchez... but hardly one to take a team to heightened performance levels.

NFL isn’t broadcasting the national anthem on tv.  That’s the only reason there was a fuss on the first place, because Trumpfuck called attention to it and it was on tv.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    Holy last play of the Pats game. That place has always been the house of horrors for us.

what a glorious td....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

NFL isn’t broadcasting the national anthem on tv.  That’s the only reason there was a fuss on the first place, because Trumpfuck called attention to it and it was on tv.
    Whole thing is overblown. Tough to see it now though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Holy last play of the Pats game. That place has always been the house of horrors for us.

probably wouldn't have scored if your genius coach didn't have a banged up Gronk on the field playing safety on the play. he's gotta take some questions on that. i know he was out there for the hail Mary but he looked like number 28 above trying to make a tackle.
  • #28 is a stud!

He makes a hard cut to the left half way through that clip that demonstrates he's no ordinary athlete!
    JK_Livin said:
    Depends.

Whole thing is overblown. Tough to see it now though.
    Agreed.
  • pjhawks said:

probably wouldn't have scored if your genius coach didn't have a banged up Gronk on the field playing safety on the play. he's gotta take some questions on that. i know he was out there for the hail Mary but he looked like number 28 above trying to make a tackle.
    No shit, that was my first thought. He had what like 8 receptions for 120+ yards and took a beating on each one. Showed him huffing and puffing on the oxygen all day. He wasn’t going to have to bat anything down in the endzone, he shouldn’t have been out there. Hopefully they didn’t just send out the default prevent team if they even have one. #1 You want your most agile tacklers in for that play. Epecially ones with speed being that the ball was at the 35 or something like that. #2 You need to gauge who still has any stamina left for the last play especially in Miami where it’s humid where pretty much everybody is somewhat gassed by the end.

That last play looked like 7 on 7 speed legit. Talk about your day lasting longer than your year. Whatever, the defense has been terrible. It was the perfect outcome for a twilight zone kind of game. We deserved to lose. Hopefully it’s a good thing moving on, these kinds of games have happened every year they’ve won the Super Bowl. Big game against the Steelers next week. We’ll get a better feel for the playoff picture. But really there’s no dominant teams in the AFC this year. Chiefs almost got beat by Oakland and Baltimore last two weeks since losing Hunt. They ain’t who we thought they were.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    pjhawks said:

The genius coach fucked up beforehand by kicking the FG.
    Go for the TD on 4th down from the 4 with 21 seconds left. If you complete the pass, you're up 9, game set match.
    If you fail, Miami is at their own 4 with 15 seconds left.
    By kicking off you gave them that tiny chance, and they took advantage. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

The genius coach fucked up beforehand by kicking the FG.
    Go for the TD on 4th down from the 4 with 21 seconds left. If you complete the pass, you're up 9, game set match.
    If you fail, Miami is at their own 4 with 15 seconds left.
    By kicking off you gave them that tiny chance, and they took advantage. 

That's no way to talk about Trump's second best friend (Brady being bestest of course).
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I'm not sure how the Patriots failed to stop the last gasp effort by Miami...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • I’m not sure how a sink hole opens up on the field...
    Central Park 15

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I’m not sure how a sink hole opens up on the field...
    I think the Gronk-quake caused it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • What a god awful MNF game. 3-0 goinginto the 4th?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    6-0 and the second FG was a gift on a ridiculous PI call.

I hate the seabags and their stupid fans.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    more garbage officiating.

wagner made an illegal vault to block the FG.

obvious holding on wilson’s 40 yard scamper.

fuck the seahawks and their stupid fans.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16