2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989

wake me up when someone has  real infos

Waking @dimitrispearljam
  • Waiting on confirmation but last info I received was nothing on this side of the pond before summer
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited December 2018
    If they drop a tour on us before Christmas, none of my relatives or friends are getting gifts this year. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The storm, much like the album, is forthcoming.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I wasn't expecting tour dates until the fall.  This is an exciting tease!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    CopperTom said:
    This is officially my 2nd favorite kind of tease...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    CopperTom said:
    This is officially my 2nd favorite kind of tease...
    I'm old.  It's my favorite kind.
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    Waiting on confirmation but last info I received was nothing on this side of the pond before summer
    I remember you called the seven stadium shows in 2018 before they were announced.  Still Canada/US for 2019?  Based on the lack of rumours and the fact they’re still seemingly working on the record, I wouldn’t assume anything in the first half of the year.

2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
    The calm before the...break?

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Recording break :)
    bbiggs said:
    I like the sound of that!

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    I like the sound of that!
    I know nothing though, of course.  Just a guess!
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Noload said:
    Spectrum?
    looks like the forum to me. Hopefully this isn't a CC Tribute tease
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    https://plus.google.com/+PearlJam/posts/Y1C2va4dQLQ

Pic is from at least 2015

And the pic in the first tweet is from the Spectrum 2009 show. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Noload said:
    Spectrum?
    Yep, that is the philly spectrum.  This pic was taken before their 4 shows to close the arena, back in 2009.  (For those that dont know they did that)
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    They have precious few shows each year in years  they decide to tour, why waste one of them at this point in their careers in front of many non fans at a festival? And many PJ fans will not do a festival. 

Sure they may convert a few but at this point most people have had the opportunity to decide whether they are PJ fans

Much of their fan base is at a point in their lives that festivals are an absolute no go.
     They don't give 2 shits.. Cmon it's about easy pay day  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Brisk. said:
    They have precious few shows each year in years  they decide to tour, why waste one of them at this point in their careers in front of many non fans at a festival? And many PJ fans will not do a festival. 

Sure they may convert a few but at this point most people have had the opportunity to decide whether they are PJ fans

Much of their fan base is at a point in their lives that festivals are an absolute no go.
     They don't give 2 shits.. Cmon it's about easy pay day  

If that were true they'd do some things very differently. To name 2...

They'd sell their tickets at close to fair market value or have some differentiation in their prime seats. To charge me $125 for Fenway 100% OBSTRUCTED view same price as prime seats front of house is not only absurd, its leaving millions of dollars off the ledger every tour

They would play residencies in NYC. Check out the odds next time they tour.  NY will be the lowest by far. Tickets here are impossible. 60 million within a 4 hour drive. They could charge more per ticket and sell more. Every tour they decide not to do this, they are also leaving millions of dollars on the floor 

They can gross double their average (arena) date and play double the dates here without getting on a plane/bus everyday.

• MayDay10 said:
    Festivals are fine (I wont attend, but they play them).

Woodstock seems like a mega greed fest.  A bad taste still lingers with the bad behavior that plagued the last one, along with gauging people for water and the fires at the end.  There was a real element of danger.  Pj has little control here.  It seems like with festivals, they pick their spots.

If they didnt play 94 or 99, I cant see them wanting to do it now.  Unless the promoter is promising a real dulled-down type of atmosphere all based on 'peace and lov'.
    I'm so sick of this mentality. 

Some people act like festival production in the 90's was Bret Hart status. The best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be. 

Wrong. 

Music festivals as we know them today were just starting to take off in the late 80's, early 90's. Everything since then has become more organized and controlled. 

We shouldn't act like this band DOSEN'T go to South American every 3 years and play to THOUSANDS of people at Lolla's and other festivals and play for wayyyyyy crazier fans than the states. 

All of those things that you say left a "bad" taste were all products of all of those peoples environment. Don't try to act like the late 90's/early 2000's meat head upper east coast jock culture wasn't like that at ALL because the fact of the matter is it was. And if you get 300,000 people together and mix in alcohol and drugs, companies and businesses price gouging fans (as you said) at a time when most younger kids had absolutely no money and you will get what you inevitably got at that festival. 

When I see "Woodstock: 50" I don't see rape. I don't see violence. I objectively see a festival that has the potential to be the fucking concert of the DECADE. 

All I know is, since 1999, we've had a major shift in the industry in regards to touring and live shows. Every state basically has a mini Woodstock of their own now. 

I think we should let this notion of "Woodstock 99" destroying the Woodstock image die. It's like getting divorced in a bad marriage and never getting with someone else as you continue to shit talk your ex. Move on. You can only go up from the point you are at. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    MayDay10 said:

Woodstock seems like a mega greed fest.  A bad taste still lingers with the bad behavior that plagued the last one, along with gauging people for water and the fires at the end.  There was a real element of danger.  Pj has little control here.  It seems like with festivals, they pick their spots.

If they didnt play 94 or 99, I cant see them wanting to do it now.  Unless the promoter is promising a real dulled-down type of atmosphere all based on 'peace and lov'.

Some people act like festival production in the 90's was Bret Hart status. The best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be. 

Wrong. 

Music festivals as we know them today were just starting to take off in the late 80's, early 90's. Everything since then has become more organized and controlled. 

We shouldn't act like this band DOSEN'T go to South American every 3 years and play to THOUSANDS of people at Lolla's and other festivals and play for wayyyyyy crazier fans than the states. 

All of those things that you say left a "bad" taste were all products of all of those peoples environment. Don't try to act like the late 90's/early 2000's meat head upper east coast jock culture wasn't like that at ALL because the fact of the matter is it was. And if you get 300,000 people together and mix in alcohol and drugs, companies and businesses price gouging fans (as you said) at a time when most younger kids had absolutely no money and you will get what you inevitably got at that festival. 

When I see "Woodstock: 50" I don't see rape. I don't see violence. I objectively see a festival that has the potential to be the fucking concert of the DECADE. 

All I know is, since 1999, we've had a major shift in the industry in regards to touring and live shows. Every state basically has a mini Woodstock of their own now. 

I think we should let this notion of "Woodstock 99" destroying the Woodstock image die. It's like getting divorced in a bad marriage and never getting with someone else as you continue to shit talk your ex. Move on. You can only go up from the point you are at. 
    you book bands like Limp Bizkit/Korn/Kid Rock to play Woodstock, you are going to get Limp Bizkit/Korn/Kid Rock fans attending Woodstock. 

nuff said. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited December 2018
    MayDay10 said:

Wrong. 

you book bands like Limp Bizkit/Korn/Kid Rock to play Woodstock, you are going to get Limp Bizkit/Korn/Kid Rock fans attending Woodstock. 

nuff said. 
    literally adds to my point of signs of the times. Who was getting massive radio airplay during that time? Nu-metal WAS popular. Don't try to deny it. I've seen 2 of the 3 bands mentioned above MULTIPLE times. I never raped or pillaged anything. Nor did I get raped. 

It would be like booking massive dubstep artists for Woodstock 50 and not expecting mosh pits and mass chaos. 
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
    edited December 2018
    MayDay10 said:

Wrong. 

nuff said. 
    literally adds to my point of signs of the times. Who was getting massive radio airplay during that time? Nu-metal WAS popular. Don't try to deny it. 
    who is denying it? I'm agreeing with your point. I'm saying you encourage douchebags to a festival, you get douchebag behaviour. don't bring bands like that in. not saying it will solve the problem 100%. every band has douche fans. But nu-metal had more than its fair share. full disclosure: i was a fan of nu-metal at the time. but I grew out of it like a cheap pair of jeans. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• who is denying it? I'm agreeing with your point. I'm saying you encourage douchebags to a festival, you get douchebag behaviour. don't bring bands like that in. not saying it will solve the problem 100%. every band has douche fans. But nu-metal had more than its fair share. full disclosure: i was a fan of nu-metal at the time. but I grew out of it like a cheap pair of jeans. 
    I feel like its kind of a cop out to say it was just the bands that were billed though. These people in the crowd were crowdsurfing to James fucking Brown when he came out! They were there to have a 'good' time. 

The promoters booked bands of the time, and like you said even you were sucked into it at once. I feel like more than 3/4ths of that crowd did not buy the ticket for Korn (who didn't even headline), Limp Bizkit (again, who didn't even headline) and Kid Rock (who was relatively unknown at that time and played at 11 in the morning on a Saturday.) 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    edited December 2018
    MayDay10 said:

Wrong. 

nuff said. 
    literally adds to my point of signs of the times. Who was getting massive radio airplay during that time? Nu-metal WAS popular. Don't try to deny it. 
    who is denying it? I'm agreeing with your point. I'm saying you encourage douchebags to a festival, you get douchebag behaviour. don't bring bands like that in. not saying it will solve the problem 100%. every band has douche fans. But nu-metal had more than its fair share. full disclosure: i was a fan of nu-metal at the time. but I grew out of it like a cheap pair of jeans. 
    Sounds like a lot of douching going on. 
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    MayDay10 said:

Wrong. 

nuff said. 
    so much douching. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    There is no reason a band this popular and allocating such a small  percentage of their time to road life to play any festival.  They can make far more  selling out arenas selling out merch and charging closer to market value.

And not force fans their age to stand still jammed in for ten hours and mosh with 15 yo brats. Unless they'd like to do same in their spare time.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    JojoRice said:
    MayDay10 said:

Wrong. 

nuff said. 
    so much douching. 
    A Summer's Eve can happen any day.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    I'm sure they'll land one headlining festival gig somewhere to cover the middle of the US (Bonnaroo, ACL, Jazz Fest or Lolla) and do small tours on the coasts They've done it in the past, festival announcements come first before their own tour dates. If anything is being teased this early, it wouldn't be that surprising.

But hey, if they want to go bigger with the tour I'm ready to get travelling.