*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Holy. Shit.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Is it a rental or is he going to be a $39M/YR Sixer for the next five years?
  • DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    Jason P said:
    Not a rental.  Sources are saying they're fully expected to sign a long term deal this offseason.
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    You guys can have him. Good luck.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Welcome to salary cap hell Philly.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited November 2018
    Deamon said:
    Jason P said:
    Not a rental.  Sources are saying they're fully expected to sign a long term deal this offseason.
    Well at least they have a patience seasoned veteran coming in to help mentor Fultz.  =)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Poncier said:

Is it though? Can’t they afford even more?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:

Yeah, not so much. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The timeline has been pushed up a bit, gents. 

CITY OF CHAMPIONS. 

Let’s go. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Not this year obviously, but once Butler is making $38 Mil, Embiid close to 30 and after next year Simmons becomes $immon$, the bench will have to include Juggler and pjhawks, who will have to room together on road trips.

CITY OF CHAMPIONS. 

Let’s go. 
    You’ve one one championship in a decade 

CITY OF CHAMPIONS. 

Let’s go. 

2 titles this millennium, 4 titles in the past 40 years (don't give me this Villanova nonsense) does not make for a city of champions.
    Poncier said:

CITY OF CHAMPIONS. 

Let’s go. 

2 titles this millennium, 4 titles in the past 40 years (don't give me this Villanova nonsense) does not make for a city of champions.
    No city is more excited about mediocrity than this one. It’s like they hit $100 scratch off and act like they hit the power ball.

Like the trade a lot but let’s not act like they got kawhi. This is plan D
    Haha

Love how that phrase bugs people (fyi-we said it right after ‘08 too)

GO SIXERS

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Not this year obviously, but once Butler is making $38 Mil, Embiid close to 30 and after next year Simmons becomes $immon$, the bench will have to include Juggler and pjhawks, who will have to room together on road trips.
    Will make things more difficult a few years down the road, obviously, but it won’t hamper them as much as you think when constructing their team next year. They were always going to land a max contract guy between now and the end of next summer anyway:

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    frustrating loss last night
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Mixed feelings, ultimately. I really loved Roco and Dario. Processors through and through. Dario was pretty much my favorite player on the team--love his hustle and how everything he does on the court is ugly but also effective--always diving around and shit. I've always appreciated those kinds of players. But they were likely going to have to either give him a max contract in 2020 or risk letting him walk for nothing, so...

Butler is not my ideal option. Ideally, I would've loved to have been able to land Bradley Beal or somehow convince Klay to come here next summer. Those guys would've been better fits. But the perfect fit doesn't always land in your lap so making this move to win now makes sense. They've now got three top 15-20 players in the league. Basically 3 all stars. Only a handful of teams have that...so you just let the other stuff figure itself out. Pick and Roll with JoJo and Jimmy is gonna be fun to watch. Ben's gotta learn/deal with not having the ball in his hands all the time. And, hey, if this all blows up in their faces this year they can still not resign him and go hard for Kawhi again next summer! haha

I don't think they're done yet. Expect another shooter to come in. I bet they can get someone like Korver for a 2nd round pick or something.

ALSO---to pull this off with including Bayless and NOT having to throw in the Miami pick is pretty huge to me. Holding onto a pretty large asset will come in handy sooner than later. 

Odds to win the East went from 7-1 to 3-1. 

Take the night and run....you mother fuckers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Haha

GO SIXERS

Doesn't bug me coming from a city that just celebrated its 11th pro championship of the millennium, I find it laughable.
    Poncier said:
    Haha

GO SIXERS

Doesn't bug me coming from a city that just celebrated its 11th pro championship of the millennium, I find it laughable.
    Well you took the time to respond to it....

But hey, if I can put a smile on just one person’s face... it was totally worth it. It’s all for charity anyway.

What?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

i can still shoot the 3 better than fultz and mcconnell so i could have a role :)
    Mixed feelings, ultimately. I really loved Roco and Dario. Processors through and through. Dario was pretty much my favorite player on the team--love his hustle and how everything he does on the court is ugly but also effective--always diving around and shit. I've always appreciated those kinds of players. But they were likely going to have to either give him a max contract in 2020 or risk letting him walk for nothing, so...

Butler is not my ideal option. Ideally, I would've loved to have been able to land Bradley Beal or somehow convince Klay to come here next summer. Those guys would've been better fits. But the perfect fit doesn't always land in your lap so making this move to win now makes sense. They've now got three top 15-20 players in the league. Basically 3 all stars. Only a handful of teams have that...so you just let the other stuff figure itself out. Pick and Roll with JoJo and Jimmy is gonna be fun to watch. Ben's gotta learn/deal with not having the ball in his hands all the time. And, hey, if this all blows up in their faces this year they can still not resign him and go hard for Kawhi again next summer! haha

I don't think they're done yet. Expect another shooter to come in. I bet they can get someone like Korver for a 2nd round pick or something.

ALSO---to pull this off with including Bayless and NOT having to throw in the Miami pick is pretty huge to me. Holding onto a pretty large asset will come in handy sooner than later. 

Definitely good and bad with this deal.  Good news is you didn't give up shit. 2 average NBA players, a stiff and only a 2nd rd pick. for an all-star that is a steal.  Gives you a much better chance with Boston, Toronto and Milwaukee.

Bad news is this guys is a toxic asshole.  The hope is you get a one or two year TO-like bump and make a run at it.  If you do resign him for the max though you have to expect the toxic asshole to blow up at some point. it's inevitable.  You just hope it's not in the next year or two.  It will be very interesting to see how he handles Embiid being the alpha dog of this team when I imagine Butler thinks he will be.  And i imagine Simmons' perceived nonchalance is going to drive him nuts. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    pjhawks said:

Definitely good and bad with this deal.  Good news is you didn't give up shit. 2 average NBA players, a stiff and only a 2nd rd pick. for an all-star that is a steal.  Gives you a much better chance with Boston, Toronto and Milwaukee.

Bad news is this guys is a toxic asshole.  The hope is you get a one or two year TO-like bump and make a run at it.  If you do resign him for the max though you have to expect the toxic asshole to blow up at some point. it's inevitable.  You just hope it's not in the next year or two.  It will be very interesting to see how he handles Embiid being the alpha dog of this team when I imagine Butler thinks he will be.  And i imagine Simmons' perceived nonchalance is going to drive him nuts. 

Yep.  So happy the Bulls traded him...he's a very good player, but he thinks he's on that Lebron/Durant level and he's just not.  
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    will preface this, as I am a raptors fan, but I don't know if this makes the sixers better than the bucks, raptors or Boston.  it does make them better but I still have those 3 teams ahead of them. 

will wait now for the yelling  B)
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    cutz said:
    on the 76ers website the team denied this.  would be a horrible mistake if they went for him
    I saw another video from the previous game where he bent down to tie his shoe and when he came back up he twitched like he was a dodging a punch or something. it looked bizarre as hell. I hope they get some mental health professionals looking into this guy because I think he's nuts.
    How did the refs not call a lane violation there? (on all 6 payers along the lane)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400