*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    That's "sausage king of Chicago"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Get the feeling they get sssssmmmoked tonight.
    At least we get them on the back end of a back to back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Would think Dame would finally want to move on now...
    chinese-happy.jpg

https://theathletic.com/3118759/2022/02/08/amick-what-im-hearing-on-possibility-of-a-james-harden-ben-simmons-trade-between-the-nets-and-sixers/

But in terms of the threat posed by the Sixers this summer, the prospect of them signing Harden outright is even more real than most likely realize. And the plan, sources say, would look like this …

Step 1: The Sixers trade Simmons and the three seasons remaining on his deal ($108.8 million combined) to a team with cap room in exchange for assets in return. Detroit, Orlando and San Antonio already have the space, and teams such as Memphis or the Rockets (who could waive and stretch John Wall) could get there fairly easily. As we reported back in DecemberTrail Blazers star Damian Lillard is known to have interest in playing with Simmons.

Step 2: Find a new home for Tobias Harris’ contract via trade, which would be challenging but likely not impossible. He’s owed a combined $79.4 million over the next two seasons. The Sixers could theoretically waive and stretch Harris as well (per our cap expert, Danny Leroux, that move would open up approximately $22.3 million in space).

Step 3: Sign Harden for either the max (starting salary of $42 million) or something close to it. And for anyone who’s hung up on the fact that the Sixers might struggle to get to Harden’s max number, consider this much: At this later stage of Harden’s career, he has made it abundantly clear that his focus is on the goal of winning a title. The belief in Philadelphia, sources say, is that he wouldn’t let $10 million or $20 million (over the life of a deal) be a deal-breaker if he wanted to play for the Sixers.

So, why am I laying all of this out now? Because of the pressure that comes with the deadline of course. On both sides.

While the Sixers have made it clear for quite some time now that they’re willing to wait until this summer to pursue Harden, it would certainly be preferable to pair him with big man Joel Embiid when the Sixers’ center is in the midst of a historic, MVP-caliber run heading into the playoffs. What’s more, sources say that two of the Sixers’ other short-list targets — Lillard and Washington’s Bradley Beal — remain out of reach. Both the Trail Blazers and Wizards have recently indicated that they’re not willing to discuss their stars with the Sixers.

For the Nets, there has to be some serious concern about the situation spiraling in the next couple of months. We saw in those later stages of his Rockets life what he looks like when all is not well, and it’s … um … not pretty.

Might that compel Marks to rethink the prospect of pairing Kevin Durant and Irving with Simmons and boasting a roster that would widely be considered title-contender worthy (again)? He has 48 hours left to decide.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    At least we get them on the back end of a back to back. 

not sure about smoked, i think it'll be close. Could win, it is a home game.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Buckle up, buttercups...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Buckle up, buttercups...
    Woj just countered everything by saying there are no talks whatsoever. We can play mental gymnastics all we want about how all of these other no names have more intel than Woj, but we’d be lying to ourselves. 

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. 
    RiotZact said:
    Buckle up, buttercups...
    Woj just countered everything by saying there are no talks whatsoever. We can play mental gymnastics all we want about how all of these other no names have more intel than Woj, but we’d be lying to ourselves. 

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. 
    Well I can tell you that a press release by the Sixers was drawn up earlier today. Or at least the headline was. So someone over there believes/believed (?) a deal is there if they want it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Question for you all - what's the type of deal that makes you feel like it's a good deal for you, something you can live with? Furthermore, what's the type of deal that makes your stomach turn?
    I think...

Stomach turn would definitely be anything including Maxey and Thybulle. 

Great deal would be doing this without including either Maxey or Thybulle.

Can live with a deal that includes Thybulle but keeps Maxey. As much as I love Thybulle's defense, the fact that he still has not developed a consistent 3pt shot makes him expendable for a superstar like Harden.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Curry’s name has come up a lot in these reports too. I have a hard time deciding between Curry and Thybulle if I had to pick. 

Curry is a sniper but also is one of the worst defenders in the NBA. Everyone talks about how well he played in the playoffs without mentioning that Huerter fucking torched us because Seth was guarding him.

Thybulle is obviously a special player on D, but his offense creates problems for Joel.

Maxey is pretty much untouchable and the reports are backing that up. 
    Yeah I wouldn't be able to live with any deal including Maxey. Thybulle would be tough to swallow but if it gets the deal done then book it. Curry the same. Anything beyond that screams of desperation.

I guess I just see that you're basically paying for Harden as a rental until June at this point, with the bonus of having space to extend. And that doesn't seem worth giving up anything beyond Ben and Matisse for me.

I just want Ben to be on the Nets because it would be the fucking best.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I’d pay for Thybulle’s Uber to Brooklyn. Nice player and all but it’s harden and you have a shot at a championship 
    Woj confirming. Haha.....COME ON
    I hope all seat belts have remained fastened. Turbulence still ahead. 

HANG ON STEVE, WE'RE COMIN' IN FOR A LANDING
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

This weekend we rock Portland
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Nets fan here… I hope the trade happens. Harden looks lost after his injury in the Bucks series. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

If this is the basic structure of the deal, I think I'd be able to swallow if you're giving up one of Drummond or Matisse but not both. I can swallow the Seth for Mills swap.
    Nets fan here… I hope the trade happens. Harden looks lost after his injury in the Bucks series. 
    I think both teams get better.  Would be wild
    I think both teams get better.  Would be wild
    Agreed
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This is going to happen. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    NEVER DOUBT JUGGLER'S SOURCES.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    There it is
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Woj & Shams have 2 different deals right now. One(Woj) has Drummond involved and one(Shams) doesn't.
    Seriously let's fucking go. I want them to make the playoffs. I want Ben in the playoffs. Fuuuuuuuccckkkk yessss.