The Pizza Thread

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    RiotZact said:
    Red grape and Gorgonzola. Pretty tasty actually, from a place called Pies and Pints in Morgantown WV. 

Is that a white pizza? I just can't get into them; I need the tomatoey goodness.

(BTP)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mcgruff10 said:
    All seafood is good to eat. Well except bluefish, bunker and mackerel. 
    Nit a sushi guy?  A handful of types or mackerel that are very good!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    All seafood is good to eat. Well except bluefish, bunker and mackerel. 
    I had some grouper last night. It was covered in a pretzel crusted mustard sauce. Wow! I f’n love grouper. 
    Grouper is amazing. I feel in love with it after visiting the Florida keys a few years ago. 
    Same. Ft. Meyers Beach. Caught a ton of them deep sea fishing. Threw them on the grill a couple hours later. Nothing better. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    RiotZact said:
    Red grape and Gorgonzola. Pretty tasty actually, from a place called Pies and Pints in Morgantown WV. 

Is that a white pizza? I just can't get into them; I need the tomatoey goodness.

(BTP)
    Yep, just olive oil & roasted garlic on the crust.  Have you ever tried a white pizza with sliced tomato as a topping?  That could be your compromise.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)
    Yep, just olive oil & roasted garlic on the crust.  Have you ever tried a white pizza with sliced tomato as a topping?  That could be your compromise.
    I will eat them (and some are very tasty) but the Mrs cannot have the tomato sauce any longer and so the White Pizza is a regular part of our orders now.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)
    Probably not, because I don’t actually like tomato slices on pizza ;). It’s gotta be the actual spicy tomato sauce for me. But that’s okay; it’s not like it’s hard to find pizza with tomato sauce. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)
    Probably not, because I don’t actually like tomato slices on pizza ;). It’s gotta be the actual spicy tomato sauce for me. But that’s okay; it’s not like it’s hard to find pizza with tomato sauce. 
    She used to be the same way -- in fact, she would normally ask for a side of marinara to dip the pizza into. 
    Now, it is White Pie all the way.
    Life has a way of messing with some things!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)
    Thanks for answering that one, because I honestly didn’t know :lol: I definitely did taste the garlic though. 

Having enoyed grapes on pizza, I did some more research on NY and found a well reviewed place called Brooklyn Pizza Masters that has blackberry and ricotta. Adding that one to the list for sure. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)
    I can get down with a white pizza every now and then if done right.

What I will refuse is a fucking grape on there. What the hell's going on here?!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)

One of the best pizzas I've ever had.
  • RiotZact said:

(BTP)

Agreed.

Why not put some blueberries and strawberries too while you're at it?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2018
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)

Don't know it till you try it. I've never tried anything with grapes either, but I have had pizza with green apple (and bacon, etc etc), and it was fucking delicious. I never would have expected such ingredients to work, but sometimes they really, really do.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Like I have said, when does pizza stop being pizza?  Grapes on pizza?
    it reminds me of when people but crazy toppings on burgers, like peanut butter.  What the heck?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    it reminds me of when people but crazy toppings on burgers, like peanut butter.  What the heck?
    I think pizza only stops being pizza when it's no longer in the form of a pizza... So, you know, Chicago Deep dish isn't pizza, but something with grapes on top certainly can be. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I tried some stupid piece of pizza on the weekend that had pears.

I scoffed at it. People I was with said, "Oh, it's delicious!"

Gawddamn terrible.
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)

Agreed.

I've had pizza with strawberry on it, too.  It was frickin great!  Pie for the People out of Joshua Tree, CA.  They have a tent here at Delfest in Maryland every year.  White pizza, mozz, feta, strawberries, roasted garlic, & pesto drizzle.  Shit was the bomb!

PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think pizza only stops being pizza when it's no longer in the form of a pizza... So, you know, Chicago Deep dish isn't pizza, but something with grapes on top certainly can be. ;)
    1. Peanut butter on a burger is great.
    2. Chicago deep dish IS pizza.

PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    1. I'm sure it is.
    2. No, it's a casserole!
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    1. I'm sure it is.
    2. No, it's a casserole!
    2. And it's still a pizza.

• PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Agreed with #2. But that is all the agreeing I'm going to do right now with you.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)

Agreed.

I've had pizza with strawberry on it, too.  It was frickin great!  Pie for the People out of Joshua Tree, CA.  They have a tent here at Delfest in Maryland every year.  White pizza, mozz, feta, strawberries, roasted garlic, & pesto drizzle.  Shit was the bomb!
    THIS is blasphemy. Pure and simple. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

(BTP)

Agreed.

THIS is blasphemy. Pure and simple. 

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6833279/#Comment_6833279
    We fold in this household. Thursday night sicilian special, oh yeah!!

:lol:
    I can sometimes give a minor bend to the sicilian but dont go full fold generally. 
    That looks great. 
    Gotta figure that you are eating at 5 PM because you have 5 kids and 5 different activities to coordinate getting them to.  (As opposed to you being 86 years old.)
    I ate that early one day last weekend and laughed about it.  Kids!
    :lol:
    I can sometimes give a minor bend to the sicilian but dont go full fold generally. 
    That looks great. 
    Gotta figure that you are eating at 5 PM because you have 5 kids and 5 different activities to coordinate getting them to.  (As opposed to you being 86 years old.)
    I ate that early one day last weekend and laughed about it.  Kids!
    The fold was a plain slice. We got a large plains and a Sicilian. Yeah we eat early when all five are here. Plus my wife and I were starving. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    We fold in this household. Thursday night sicilian special, oh yeah!!

Every time you post pics of the Sicilian it REALLY makes me want to get one. I need to find a local spot that can get the job done. Now I’m on a mission. Lol 
    I hate to speak ill of regular pies but the Sicilian is so good and what I like best this year.  Lots of red pepper and/or a good hot sauce...so good.
    The best ones are really "light" .They look thick and heavy but they are not.
    Scruffy has some fine pizza joints.
    This is my go-to for pizza.  Not that hot but very flavorful.  (Awesome on eggs as well)

I hate to speak ill of regular pies but the Sicilian is so good and what I like best this year.  Lots of red pepper and/or a good hot sauce...so good.
    The best ones are really "light" .They look thick and heavy but they are not.
    Scruffy has some fine pizza joints.
    I agree they do look very heavy. Dare I say, almost Lous heavy? 
    Hahaha.  I can tell you that in my own experience there is no comparison.
    The Manco and Manco ones that I have posted are delightfully light.  Tricks your brain when you bite in.

Some are heavier than normal but not those.
    The proof is in how many pieces I can eat, to me.

Lou's stuffed me with the personal pie.  (Not for long, though!)