Options

Kavanaugh

Comments

• Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

You just keep sinking lower and lower. How can you defend this worthless pile of crap?

If you recall, I have always been in defence of you and insisted to the masses that your perspective is an important one. Now, however, I need to tell you that your indefensible. You've gone far past the threshold of what is common decency (and common sense for that matter).

That's the shits.
    If he did it, he is a worthless pile of crap. If he didn’t...wel then he is right about a smear campaign working.

You really think she's gone through all this effort to make things tough for the guy? And that she acted brilliantly to come across as credible? And that based on what we know of him... Kavanagh is a really sweet guy and something like this seems way too far out of character?

Come on, man.
    What in my statement has you saying c’mon man? Wbat about that statement is wrong?

I had been thinking about something and then I read an article about it as well. What if both are telling the truth. Their truth. Entirely possible as he might not remember at all and that is why he is so defensive.

If that is true though, then he committed a crime. And yes, if we are talking opinion, I believe her. Already stated as much.  But I find it really annoying people discussing him being u hinged etc cause you all would be too if in his shoes and you didn’t do it. To expect a certain behavior from either the accuser or the accusee is pretty bad in this situation. Emotions are raw.

I agree with you. So many comments here and all over social media just got too annoying. 
    I've been shocked at what I've seen, people who pretend to take the high ground act worse than those they oppose. I few pages ago on this thread I saw people saying they hope all republicans die. Seriously?
    The attacks that are made just because you might believe the person they don't is ridiculous. 
    I believe Dr Ford was telling her truth. I have questions how accurate it was, but I do believe she believed it to be the truth. I also found nothing new that added new credibility to the story, the same holes and questions are still there.
    I hope no one ever looks at my high school yearbook and judges me as an adult on it. I wasn't popular with the girls in high school (or later in life for that matter) but friends still wrote sex jokes in there. I barely drank or did anything like that, but again, some friends had heir saying they thought were funny and would have you question that. To hold someone accountable for what a 16 or 17 year old boy write in a high school year book 40 years ago just seems like they are stretching.
    One thing that I have no doubt of is the democrats completely used her for their gain. I don't think they helped her fabricate a story, but the way they played this was not to get to the truth, but they played it as a smear campaign, waited until as late as possible in the race, and that is blindingly obvious. The timing and the leak that Feinstein blamed on Dr. Ford and her friends was played perfectly for this purpose. I also have very little doubt the republicans would have done the same if they were in that position too.
    Funny, nowhere in your comment did I hear about the holes in Kavanagh's story, or the lies.

Stop pretending you are an impartial opinion here.
    That’s pretty funny cause I think most others are very much not impartial here...so why call out this poster? Oh cause they disagree with you.
    Why would one seek to be impartial on a sexual assault case? What exactly can people agree about here?

There are good people on both sides? Not surprised.
    Ummmm cause it’s an allegation?  Seriously wth? Don’t add your hatred of trump to me. And don’t put his words in my mouth. That’s just bullshit
    Rape is hard to prove as evidenced by the 100s of 1000s of rape kits left unprocessed in warehouses.

So it boils down to credibility. Believe who you want to believe.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    I actually think Flake is gonna flip..Lady at elevator got to him
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    I actually think Flake is gonna flip..Lady at elevator got to him
    No way. He seems spineless and afraid to face his republican collogues if he upset them. 

On a side note, he kinda looks like Al Leiter, who was a good MLB pitcher in the 90's. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

You just keep sinking lower and lower. How can you defend this worthless pile of crap?

If you recall, I have always been in defence of you and insisted to the masses that your perspective is an important one. Now, however, I need to tell you that your indefensible. You've gone far past the threshold of what is common decency (and common sense for that matter).

That's the shits.
    If he did it, he is a worthless pile of crap. If he didn’t...wel then he is right about a smear campaign working.

You really think she's gone through all this effort to make things tough for the guy? And that she acted brilliantly to come across as credible? And that based on what we know of him... Kavanagh is a really sweet guy and something like this seems way too far out of character?

Come on, man.
    What in my statement has you saying c’mon man? Wbat about that statement is wrong?

I had been thinking about something and then I read an article about it as well. What if both are telling the truth. Their truth. Entirely possible as he might not remember at all and that is why he is so defensive.

If that is true though, then he committed a crime. And yes, if we are talking opinion, I believe her. Already stated as much.  But I find it really annoying people discussing him being u hinged etc cause you all would be too if in his shoes and you didn’t do it. To expect a certain behavior from either the accuser or the accusee is pretty bad in this situation. Emotions are raw.

I agree with you. So many comments here and all over social media just got too annoying. 
    I've been shocked at what I've seen, people who pretend to take the high ground act worse than those they oppose. I few pages ago on this thread I saw people saying they hope all republicans die. Seriously?
    The attacks that are made just because you might believe the person they don't is ridiculous. 
    I believe Dr Ford was telling her truth. I have questions how accurate it was, but I do believe she believed it to be the truth. I also found nothing new that added new credibility to the story, the same holes and questions are still there.
    I hope no one ever looks at my high school yearbook and judges me as an adult on it. I wasn't popular with the girls in high school (or later in life for that matter) but friends still wrote sex jokes in there. I barely drank or did anything like that, but again, some friends had heir saying they thought were funny and would have you question that. To hold someone accountable for what a 16 or 17 year old boy write in a high school year book 40 years ago just seems like they are stretching.
    One thing that I have no doubt of is the democrats completely used her for their gain. I don't think they helped her fabricate a story, but the way they played this was not to get to the truth, but they played it as a smear campaign, waited until as late as possible in the race, and that is blindingly obvious. The timing and the leak that Feinstein blamed on Dr. Ford and her friends was played perfectly for this purpose. I also have very little doubt the republicans would have done the same if they were in that position too.
    Funny, nowhere in your comment did I hear about the holes in Kavanagh's story, or the lies.

That’s pretty funny cause I think most others are very much not impartial here...so why call out this poster? Oh cause they disagree with you.
    Why would one seek to be impartial on a sexual assault case? What exactly can people agree about here?

Ummmm cause it’s an allegation?  Seriously wth? Don’t add your hatred of trump to me. And don’t put his words in my mouth. That’s just bullshit
    Rape is hard to prove as evidenced by the 100s of 1000s of rape kits left unprocessed in warehouses.

So, not surprisingly you are changing the conversation and pretending it’s the same. 

There were people who believed the accusation without any additional information...I don’t think an accusation alone is enough. Some do. That was my point, plenty of people here were against the judge before this accusation and just believe don’t initial report. They had no interest in investigation. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Really, let’s be honest, not a single one of you gives a shit about this woman.  Your entire mission is to keep another Trump nominee off of the Supreme Court, at least admit that and retain some amount of integrity.  You’ll all forget her name by the end of next week after he gets confirmed.

Of course there isn’t anything to stop her from filing a proper police report to fully investigate this accusation.  If the evidence proves him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt then remove him from the Court.  I’d support that 100%.
    You might not give a shit about women who have been abused, but some other people actually do. 
    By "giving a shit", what did you actually do?  I can see it now...  

"Hey honey, how was your day"
    "Oh, it was good.  I gave a shit about that abused woman today on the world wide web."
    "Oh, that tweeter thingy or the facebook?"
    "No, on Pearl Jam's website."
    "That is so brave of you honey to give a shit.  I love you"
    *A hug follows, then gives you a smack on the butt as you walk away*
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited September 2018
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.

So, not surprisingly you are changing the conversation and pretending it’s the same. 

There were people who believed the accusation without any additional information...I don’t think an accusation alone is enough. Some do. That was my point, plenty of people here were against the judge before this accusation and just believe don’t initial report. They had no interest in investigation. 
    How have I changed the conversation? Please don't answer with something stupid- I don't have the time today to deal with stupidity today.

In the context of 'impartiality', you said: so why call out this poster? Oh cause they disagree with you. Then you emphasized this matter is an 'allegation' (so in other words... they might not be true).

So what if people were against this judge prior to this allegation? They had good reason. And now they've got even more reason.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:
    Really, let’s be honest, not a single one of you gives a shit about this woman.  Your entire mission is to keep another Trump nominee off of the Supreme Court, at least admit that and retain some amount of integrity.  You’ll all forget her name by the end of next week after he gets confirmed.

Of course there isn’t anything to stop her from filing a proper police report to fully investigate this accusation.  If the evidence proves him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt then remove him from the Court.  I’d support that 100%.
    You might not give a shit about women who have been abused, but some other people actually do. 
    By "giving a shit", what did you actually do?  I can see it now...  

"Hey honey, how was your day"
    "Oh, it was good.  I gave a shit about that abused woman today on the world wide web."
    "Oh, that tweeter thingy or the facebook?"
    "No, on Pearl Jam's website."
    "That is so brave of you honey to give a shit.  I love you"
    *A hug follows, then gives you a smack on the butt as you walk away*
    edit: not worth it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    See all the stress and toxicity this brings?

Total strangers calling each other idiots
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I see it more as people calling idiots idiots (some don't know what an idiot is though).
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I cant figure out why or how people are arguing against further due diligence of a LIFETIME nominee.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    Your entire mission is to keep another Trump nominee off of the Supreme Court
    Gorsuch was confirmed with no problems and, from an ideology standpoint, he's very similar to Kavanaugh. So why is this a big conspiracy against Kavanaugh when there was nothing of the sort against Gorsuch?

The uproar is because the balance of the Court would lean heavier in one certain direction due to the unexpected departure of Kennedy.

Trump should nominate the most conservative woman that is qualified with his next choice, I wonder what excuse the Dems would create then.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    It’s good & dandy just hope none of your daughters or mine for that matter ever need an emergency abortion from a complicated pregnancy or from a rape which by the way this justice tried and yes I believe her over him today & twice on Sunday , that’s what all the idiot conservatives here & this country want to overturn R vs W ...
    And I hope none of your sons gets accused and harassed and found guilty through the news without due process.
    Unlike the idiot president & puppet judge I’be taught my son to respect all humans not just women but all humans I’m very confident in his judgement , it doesn’t take a genius to see that Kavanaugh is a fucking liar ! You believe him that’s on you I wouldn’t trust him with my dog or beer !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:

or creating threads dedicated to someone.

I know, I should have been online more during my recent 5200 mile roadtrip.  I’ll do better.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.

How have I changed the conversation? Please don't answer with something stupid- I don't have the time today to deal with stupidity today.

In the context of 'impartiality', you said: so why call out this poster? Oh cause they disagree with you. Then you emphasized this matter is an 'allegation' (so in other words... they might not be true).

So what if people were against this judge prior to this allegation? They had good reason. And now they've got even more reason.
    Stupid? Wth dude....

so you think everyone else was impartial here....just this one person wasn’t? Please.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Gorsuch was confirmed with no problems and, from an ideology standpoint, he's very similar to Kavanaugh. So why is this a big conspiracy against Kavanaugh when there was nothing of the sort against Gorsuch?

The uproar is because the balance of the Court would lean heavier in one certain direction due to the unexpected departure of Kennedy.

Trump should nominate the most conservative woman that is qualified with his next choice, I wonder what excuse the Dems would create then.
    I know.

They were really reaching with the old 'he's a rapist'. I mean... come on... boys will be boys.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I cant figure out why or how people are arguing against further due diligence of a LIFETIME nominee.
    I agree with this 100%.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Actually....that's a pretty damn good idea. At least from the perspective of Trump and Trump supporters it's a damn good idea. For me personally, I'd like a moderate in that position of being the deciding vote.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Has to be an investigation now which will come up with nothing I am guessing but at least there is something out of this. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

That first part is a pretty ridiculous statement and absolutely untrue.  My stance remains, do a proper investigation and give due process.  This is neither.
    So, apparently you are convinced that none of us care, based on the fact that we’ve repeatedly expressed our disgust at the treatment Blasey Ford and many others have received, but you expect us to believe that you do care, based on your careless dismissal of her. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

That first part is a pretty ridiculous statement and absolutely untrue.  My stance remains, do a proper investigation and give due process.  This is neither.
    So, apparently you are convinced that none of us care, based on the fact that we’ve repeatedly expressed our disgust at the treatment Blasey Ford and many others have received, but you expect us to believe that you do care, based on your careless dismissal of her. 
    and what due process would entail after a proper investigation , given the allegation may land outside the of the statute of limitations? Investigation may well lead to establishment that it did in fact happen, so what then? Given the senate hearing isnt a court of law, how exactly should they proceed with due process?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

No offense, but says you. No matter what happens the next justice is most likely a conservative. And that's fine with me under the rules of this "game." The problem is how Supreme Court justices are selected in this country and are ultimately influenced by politicians rendering them partial in their judgement. Which, ya now, is absolutely the complete opposite point of a judge. But this is the "game", so I'll play it. And with that said, there are countless candidates that are equally, if not more, qualified and would not bring a circus with it and/or be a complete piece of shit (ie Gorsuch).

Her name is Amy Barrett. And it actually flies in the face of the above argument from both of us and shows the complete politics of all this - she's full-on anti-abortion but the R's know they wouldn't be able to get enough votes because they would lose votes from senators like Susan Collins.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

and what due process would entail after a proper investigation , given the allegation may land outside the of the statute of limitations? Investigation may well lead to establishment that it did in fact happen, so what then? Given the senate hearing isnt a court of law, how exactly should they proceed with due process?
    This entire process of Kavanaugh and Ford testifying, as well as an FBI investigation, is just to try to get one of the Republican Senators to vote against him in the confirmation vote. That's it. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    unsung said:
    It’s good & dandy just hope none of your daughters or mine for that matter ever need an emergency abortion from a complicated pregnancy or from a rape which by the way this justice tried and yes I believe her over him today & twice on Sunday , that’s what all the idiot conservatives here & this country want to overturn R vs W ...
    And I hope none of your sons gets accused and harassed and found guilty through the news without due process.
    Unlike the idiot president & puppet judge I’be taught my son to respect all humans not just women but all humans I’m very confident in his judgement , it doesn’t take a genius to see that Kavanaugh is a fucking liar ! You believe him that’s on you I wouldn’t trust him with my dog or beer !
    It isn’t what I believe, it is what can be proven.  A strange concept to some of you is that an individual has the right to due process.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

How is the Roy Moore investigation going?  Tell me without searching.