riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

Powerful and impressive piece of art. A picture is worth a thousand words, but can contain just as many if so desired.
    Time covers have been killing it these past few years.
    Something something lib'rul media something something fake news something something facts and book learning is fer coastal elites something something
    The age of Trump.

When people can say stupid stuff like this and think they have a valid point.

"One word: Professors. Lol.  Too funny.  Like anyone should care what academics that couldn't cut it in the real world say."  
    Burn your books! Close the schools! We don't need no....

Beware of any groups that vilify academia or higher learning.

It's almost as if no one has learned anything from history.

Yeah, and while we're at it, let's throw some gas on stay at home parents. Just fucking losers who can't get a job.
    You guys might need to go back to school if you have a difficult time understanding what I was saying.  It was nowhere close to what crazy extent you took it to.

Teachers teach.  Doers do.  Sometimes they cross, but often times those that take shelter in academia have a lot of non-real world applicable knowledge. And while they can teach us things, they can't actually apply things.  That's for the doers.  So, the fact that 1,000 liberal lawyers that take shelter in such bastions of impartiality as academia thinks or says something is completely nonsensical

Furthermore, I'll give you the bigger hint - how many lawyers are there? 1,000 saying something seems like there's a large amount NOT saying that.  

Now, before your simpleness takes that to an extreme, no that does not mean the rest agree or don't agree.  But, as many say about Trump's supporters - just because you're the loudest doesn't make you right. It just makes you the loudest.
    I take issue with your statement that teachers don't apply things.  That may have been true when you were in school but education has changed dramatically, especially in high school.  Teachers teach, true, but teachers teach students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations so they CAN understand why decisions, past and present, impact us moving into the future.  This nomination will lead our country down a path that it will be hard to recover from because we are allowing one political party to control the country with few checks on their power.  That is a dangerous precedent to set.

I would also contend that your point about the UN is accurate in that they have no power but this is only because the 5 security council members can veto any issue, for any reason, at any time.  Changing that could change the course of the world but that would mean the US is no longer in control of world affairs and we would never allow that.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    73-0.
    Lopsided football reference?
    That is not the Bears beating the Redskins in the NFL championship game in the 40's

I believe it's the Robert's Supreme Courts decisions in favor of corporate interests
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,260
    my2hands said:
    73-0.
    That is not the Bears beating the Redskins in the NFL championship game in the 40's

I believe it's the Robert's Supreme Courts decisions in favor of corporate interests
    Yes, but now with unemployment at its lowest since 1969, there's no way any of this changes until it all collapses again.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    73-0.

Ahhhhhh.  Thank you for that clarification.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    73-0.

Ahhhhhh.  Thank you for that clarification.
    Inclusive of Citizens United. And I keep hearing and waiting for wages to go up and so far, not.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    my2hands said:
    73-0.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/mc-nfl-1940-championship-20151205-story.html
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    riotgrl said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

Powerful and impressive piece of art. A picture is worth a thousand words, but can contain just as many if so desired.
    Something something lib'rul media something something fake news something something facts and book learning is fer coastal elites something something
    The age of Trump.

"One word: Professors. Lol.  Too funny.  Like anyone should care what academics that couldn't cut it in the real world say."  

Yeah, and while we're at it, let's throw some gas on stay at home parents. Just fucking losers who can't get a job.
    You guys might need to go back to school if you have a difficult time understanding what I was saying.  It was nowhere close to what crazy extent you took it to.

Teachers teach.  Doers do.  Sometimes they cross, but often times those that take shelter in academia have a lot of non-real world applicable knowledge. And while they can teach us things, they can't actually apply things.  That's for the doers.  So, the fact that 1,000 liberal lawyers that take shelter in such bastions of impartiality as academia thinks or says something is completely nonsensical

Furthermore, I'll give you the bigger hint - how many lawyers are there? 1,000 saying something seems like there's a large amount NOT saying that.  

Now, before your simpleness takes that to an extreme, no that does not mean the rest agree or don't agree.  But, as many say about Trump's supporters - just because you're the loudest doesn't make you right. It just makes you the loudest.
    I take issue with your statement that teachers don't apply things.  That may have been true when you were in school but education has changed dramatically, especially in high school.  Teachers teach, true, but teachers teach students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations so they CAN understand why decisions, past and present, impact us moving into the future.  This nomination will lead our country down a path that it will be hard to recover from because we are allowing one political party to control the country with few checks on their power.  That is a dangerous precedent to set.

I would also contend that your point about the UN is accurate in that they have no power but this is only because the 5 security council members can veto any issue, for any reason, at any time.  Changing that could change the course of the world but that would mean the US is no longer in control of world affairs and we would never allow that.
    Most of the teachers and professors I know were invited back to academia because of their successes in the 'real world'.  These people are
    C-Suite managers, engineers, lawyers and even educators. 

Further, if we valued education more, paid teachers more, we'd have less Edsons and more riotgrls.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    CM189191 said:
    riotgrl said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

The age of Trump.

Most of the teachers and professors I know were invited back to academia because of their successes in the 'real world'.  These people are

Further, if we valued education more, paid teachers more, we'd have less Edsons and more riotgrls.
    Amen!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    51-49 to advance to a vote tomorrow 

Cowards
  • Options
    We deserve Kavanaugh.
    A nation of deplorable trash deserves a Trump Presidency and a court full of Kavanaugh trash.
  • Options

Cowards
    How are they cowards?  They have the votes to get him in.  

We all knew this would happen.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    CM189191 said:
    riotgrl said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

The age of Trump.

Very kind words, thank you
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    riotgrl said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

The age of Trump.

Well said
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,260
    I guess we have to wait for another impeachment that'll probably never happen.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Party over morality. Disgusting.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Party over common sense and decency as well
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,840

Cowards

The ones that could have voted no but didn’t are the cowards. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Cowards

I agree. All 51 yes voters are cowards.

The man is clearly unfit for the job.
  • Options

Cowards

50 republicans could have voted no and 1 Dem voted yes.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/05/us/politics/kavanaugh-live-vote-procedural.html

Here is your coward list.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

Cowards

50 republicans could have voted no and 1 Dem voted yes.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/05/us/politics/kavanaugh-live-vote-procedural.html

Here is your coward list.
    How nice of Murkowski and Manchin to run cover for each other.  Easier than having a spine, I guess.  These people aren't leaders, they're grifters.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    rgambs said:
    We deserve Kavanaugh.
    A nation of deplorable trash deserves a Trump Presidency and a court full of Kavanaugh trash.
    Agreed we deserve this total trash ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    mfc2006 said:
    Decency and morality are gone.  josevolution said:
    rgambs said:
    We deserve Kavanaugh.
    This entire administration is total fucking trash.  Its beyond comprehension at this point.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    You two are both confusing health care costs with insurance cost.

I’m not.  I know exactly what I’m talking about.  Yes, that goes directly to that, but overall trend has not abated, but quite the opposite.  And, yes the expansion of Medicaid has contributed so wnat you are referring to does feed and is a cause of the overall expense increase.  

I guess if healthcare spending is such a priority for you, you should have abandoned conservatives when they pulled their big Medicare Part D chicanery.
    You mean the program Bush II implemented? Lol. Most of you don't even know what you're talking about.

But, I support what the Republicans did because the Liberals took a good thing that was Actuarially sound while still trying to serve an at need population in a positive way and turned it into a cash give away.   It's always easier to give things away without restraint that doing so WITH restraint or trying to roll back fool hardy policy.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited October 2018
    Oh. And sorry you lost.  The beauty and genius of our framers is that you can now elect a Democrat House and Senate and in 2 years you can elect a Democrat President and you can continue to do so until the Court flips the way you want it.  And the pendulum will continue to swing.

Honestly, I find the whole thing funny b/c this fight is really about abortion and choice which most people would agree with you on, yet you've somehow managed to make this a Constitutional fight that you are completely wrong about.  You'd be better to voice that concern instead of the stupidity of the Democrats that plays right into Trump's hands in that he's diverted everyone's attention from the real issue.

So, for the record, if that was your argument, I'd agree with you. I hope choice stays in place. I actually believe it will b/c if the Supreme Court ever overturns Roe v Wade (which I actually believe they won't, but if they do), Congress will enact a STRONGER law to protect it while local courts put stays and other legal things in place to allow choice to continue until such a thing happens. Why? Because our framers are geniuses and created checks and balances and ways to shift power over time that makes sure the people's voices are heard even if there's times the pendulum swings too far one way at a particular time.

So, keep Trump in power by diverting from the issues and fighting battles not only can't you win but shouldn't.

Am I to infer you voted for Trump?

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha

I'll give you this: at least you admitted it.
    I have no problem saying I voted for a guy who did a porn star before he was President rather than a woman who attacked sexual assault victims, including one that is the text book case of work place sexual harassment.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Oh. And sorry you lost.  The beauty and genius of our framers is that you can now elect a Democrat House and Senate and in 2 years you can elect a Democrat President and you can continue to do so until the Court flips the way you want it.  And the pendulum will continue to swing.

Honestly, I find the whole thing funny b/c this fight is really about abortion and choice which most people would agree with you on, yet you've somehow managed to make this a Constitutional fight that you are completely wrong about.  You'd be better to voice that concern instead of the stupidity of the Democrats that plays right into Trump's hands in that he's diverted everyone's attention from the real issue.

So, for the record, if that was your argument, I'd agree with you. I hope choice stays in place. I actually believe it will b/c if the Supreme Court ever overturns Roe v Wade (which I actually believe they won't, but if they do), Congress will enact a STRONGER law to protect it while local courts put stays and other legal things in place to allow choice to continue until such a thing happens. Why? Because our framers are geniuses and created checks and balances and ways to shift power over time that makes sure the people's voices are heard even if there's times the pendulum swings too far one way at a particular time.

So, keep Trump in power by diverting from the issues and fighting battles not only can't you win but shouldn't.

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha

I have no problem saying I voted for a guy who did a porn star before he was President rather than a woman who attacked sexual assault victims, including one that is the text book case of work place sexual harassment.
    Attacked sexual assault victims?  That's not even remotely true
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    Oh. And sorry you lost.  The beauty and genius of our framers is....
    ....they knew politics wasn't a game with winners and losers.

It's a tool to create a functioning society.  
    One of the rules of the boards is not editing someone else's quotes, but I fully agree and endorse the 2nd part of your comment.  However, I do take issue with the first part.  They really didn't KNOW that.  The definition of politics is there will be winners and losers  - or what is an election?  But, I'll let you slide because you got to their intent by editing what I said.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Decency and morality are gone.  josevolution said:
    rgambs said:
    We deserve Kavanaugh.
    This entire administration is total fucking trash.  Its beyond comprehension at this point.  
    Once again I have to ask what's worse?

This fucked up, narcissistic, hateful, lying trash of an administration. 

Or the  people who support it, believe  in it, and will  vote for it agan?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,148
    edited October 2018

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha

You should have a problem saYing You voted for someone having Donald Trumps opinions and is to stupid or dishonest to admit climate change.

There is no excuse to vore for Trump. It isn't an either/or scenario.

It was just shittY. 100% shittY.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha

Interesting that you leave out Trump's own sexual assaults.  Almost as interesting as ignoring being schooled on your "they rammed Obummercare through without being read" comment. 
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    I can't wait for them to overturn Roe v Wade. 

Maybe people will wake up and the country will come alive, I know my fat ass will hit the streets
    I will bet you PJ tickets that never happens.   To that point - the case people point at to prove Kavanaugh is sure to overturn it was based on case law that had nothing to do with the abortion at hand.  So, while yes, the ultimate result was to not allow a timely abortion for someone, but from what I've read in the NYT and MSN the case was properly adjudicated (sorry - you have to read past the biased headlines and think for yourself). It's unfortunate, but that's the way judges are supposed to judge. Unlike the liberal side of the court that thinks they are supposed to be writing law, their job is actually to interpret the law as written (and btw, that's all the SCOTUS approval process should be about along with background checks).  If legislators think that's wrong, they need to fix the law.   He was not handling a Roe v. Wade case.  He was handling a case that had a situation that had that unfortunate effect. That may sound uncaring, but that's what courts are supposed to do.  I personally am sympathetic to the woman involved.  

Basic civics lesson.

That's what I think people are missing. Of course, now I'll be labeled a monster in these parts, but I'm fine with what a band's message board labels me.  As I have said before - I am extremely (is that possible?) pro choice.  I do not want Roe v Wade overturned.  But, that doesn't mean I circumvent the process or make illogical connections based on salacious headlines.   However, if I feel that strongly about it, I will vote those out I can that lead to that.  I personally think that risk is a lot lower than Henny Pennies are saying, but I'm happy they are voicing their concerns if they have them.    Sounds like you're not really all that concerned either, or you'd already be out of your chair.