Kavanaugh

Comments

• unsung said:

You just keep sinking lower and lower. How can you defend this worthless pile of crap?

If you recall, I have always been in defence of you and insisted to the masses that your perspective is an important one. Now, however, I need to tell you that your indefensible. You've gone far past the threshold of what is common decency (and common sense for that matter).

That's the shits.
    If he did it, he is a worthless pile of crap. If he didn’t...wel then he is right about a smear campaign working.

You really think she's gone through all this effort to make things tough for the guy? And that she acted brilliantly to come across as credible? And that based on what we know of him... Kavanagh is a really sweet guy and something like this seems way too far out of character?

Come on, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    dignin said:
    I'm so sick of the tough-talking, empty-suit dick swinging. Color me unimpressed.

As for the lying: Even my implausibly innocent, non-drinking, non-smoking, son thought that the proffered explanations for "boofing" and "Devil's triangle" were complete bullshit. That didn't fool anyone.
    Yeah that was bullshit.  Another lie he told under oath.  

I'll be honest and say that I wasn't sure what "boofing" was but the urban dictionary gives a pretty clear definition and it doesn't relate to farting.

I can't believe the dems didn't press him harder on that stuff.  I also can't believe they let him brush off the "Renate Alumnus" entry....that was clearly some reference to something sexual whether true or not.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • This thread, and Pearl Jam's tweet, are the exact reason Trump will win again in 2020.

And for the record, I did not vote for the guy in 2016.  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    unsung said:

You just keep sinking lower and lower. How can you defend this worthless pile of crap?

If you recall, I have always been in defence of you and insisted to the masses that your perspective is an important one. Now, however, I need to tell you that your indefensible. You've gone far past the threshold of what is common decency (and common sense for that matter).

That's the shits.
    If he did it, he is a worthless pile of crap. If he didn’t...wel then he is right about a smear campaign working.
    He is a proven liar. Over and over again he lies, under oath. So yeah, the chances of him not doing it are next to zero. I don't know how any reasonable person can't come to this conclusion, especially after his completely unhinged performance yesterday.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    unsung said:

What the fuck is wrong with you, seriously?
    This thread, and Pearl Jam's tweet, are the exact reason Trump will win again in 2020.

Actually your post will be why tRump wins

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • unsung said:

That's the shits.

You really think she's gone through all this effort to make things tough for the guy? And that she acted brilliantly to come across as credible? And that based on what we know of him... Kavanagh is a really sweet guy and something like this seems way too far out of character?

Come on, man.
    What in my statement has you saying c’mon man? Wbat about that statement is wrong?

I had been thinking about something and then I read an article about it as well. What if both are telling the truth. Their truth. Entirely possible as he might not remember at all and that is why he is so defensive.

If that is true though, then he committed a crime. And yes, if we are talking opinion, I believe her. Already stated as much.  But I find it really annoying people discussing him being u hinged etc cause you all would be too if in his shoes and you didn’t do it. To expect a certain behavior from either the accuser or the accusee is pretty bad in this situation. Emotions are raw.
    hippiemom = goodness
    This thread, and Pearl Jam's tweet, are the exact reason Trump will win again in 2020.

If he wins in 2020, it will have nothing to do with a tweet or a thread on a band's website. It will be because people in the United States are complete fucking morons.
  • Seriously dude, this is the craziest thing.  High school fuckin yearbooks were brought up yesterday.  Think about that?  This thing happened the year I was born for crying out loud.  I can’t remember what happened this past summer or last summer much less what happened 30 plus years ago.  And I also cannot remember how many boobies or butts I grabbed in my day nor can I remember how many benders I had.  I bet most in here cannot either.  All you self righteous people need to wake up.  This shit is crazy.  Attack Trump for being an asshole, that is fine cause he is.  But this stuff here is ridiculous.  And again, I didn’t vote for Trump not so I support him now.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.
    What in my statement has you saying c’mon man? Wbat about that statement is wrong?

I had been thinking about something and then I read an article about it as well. What if both are telling the truth. Their truth. Entirely possible as he might not remember at all and that is why he is so defensive.

If that is true though, then he committed a crime. And yes, if we are talking opinion, I believe her. Already stated as much.  But I find it really annoying people discussing him being u hinged etc cause you all would be too if in his shoes and you are didn’t do it. To expect a certain behavior from either the accuser or the accusee is pretty bad in this situation. Emotions are raw.
    Except that we expect a person who is going to sit on the highest court in the land and deal with a host of contentious issues to be able to keep it together. We expect that person to be able to a least keep a veneer of appropriate behaviour. We expect them to not be so overtly partisan. 

Blasey Ford could keep it together. Why shouldn’t we expect the same from him? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Flake is voting for Kavanaugh.  

• My point being, this faux social media outrage with their tweet and this thread will wake the silent majority again.  And they will show up in 2020 and assure that Trump wins again.  Pick your battles wisely, this is not one of them.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.

If that is true though, then he committed a crime. And yes, if we are talking opinion, I believe her. Already stated as much.  But I find it really annoying people discussing him being u hinged etc cause you all would be too if in his shoes and you didn’t do it. To expect a certain behavior from either the accuser or the accusee is pretty bad in this situation. Emotions are raw.
    You got conned by a "raw" performance.
    My point being, this faux social media outrage with their tweet and this thread will wake the silent majority again.  And they will show up in 2020 and assure that Trump wins again.  Pick your battles wisely, this is not one of them.
    So go somewhere else?  

There is no "faux" about my outrage.  Go read one of tRump's stupid ghost written books or something.

My point being, this faux social media outrage with their tweet and this thread will wake the silent majority again.  And they will show up in 2020 and assure that Trump wins again.  Pick your battles wisely, this is not one of them.
    A SCOTUS seat is one of the most important “battles” there is, since it far outlasts any single presidency. Not sure what you would see as more important. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218

It's not faux outrage to want better treatment of all humans. It's not faux outrage to want our laws and norms respected (Merrick Garland). It's not faux outrage to look around, see that very little has changed for sexual assault victims over the last several decades, and want things to change. It's not faux outrage to expect women to be treated as people, not as second-class chattel. It's not faux outrage to expect basic decency and competence from our leaders.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • My point being, this faux social media outrage with their tweet and this thread will wake the silent majority again.  And they will show up in 2020 and assure that Trump wins again.  Pick your battles wisely, this is not one of them.
    A SCOTUS seat is one of the most important “battles” there is, since it far outlasts any single presidency. Not sure what you would see as more important. 
    Of all the flaws in our constitution, Supreme Court justices having lifetime appointments might be the dumbest. Ruth Ginsburg is 85-years-old and plans to serve until she's 90. Two other justices have served until they were 90 as well. That's way too old to be deciding the most important court cases in the country.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited September 2018

American voters are stupid?  do tell

Edit:  I see you already did and it was pathetic.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Yes, treatment of people is important.  But I prefer to have proof, you know have someone who can remember dates and times and have people there that saw the event happen.  That’s the person I can get behind.  I will leave now.  You folks go on living in fairytale land and I will keep living in the real world.
    Of all the flaws in our constitution, Supreme Court justices having lifetime appointments might be the dumbest. Ruth Ginsburg is 85-years-old and plans to serve until she's 90. Two other justices have served until they were 90 as well. That's way too old to be deciding the most important court cases in the country.
    It's too old to be doing anything but watching golf and soap operas all day.  No one in their 80s or 90s should be in any part of any government making any decisions.
  • dignin said:
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.

You got conned by a "raw" performance.
    I meant both. But thanks for your opinion. And I’m sure some was “staged”... but I guarantee you some was legit.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Yes, treatment of people is important.  But I prefer to have proof, you know have someone who can remember dates and times and have people there that saw the event happen.  That’s the person I can get behind.  I will leave now.  You folks go on living in fairytale land and I will keep living in the real world.
    Again, if only this could be investigated.

I will err on the side of caution for the highest position of the courts.

You:  meh.  I live in real world where I don't mind a supreme court justice that has 5 women accusing him of sexual assault.  It's cool
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    imgfarknet
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Just a few of my own thoughts.

It was a sad day yesterday for everyone if you ask me , I do believe  Dr. Ford , I don't think the GOP cares at all , I think the message that is being sent to young boys and young girls is even scarier. My niece is 17 , what message does this send. It always ends with blame on the woman. Instead of showing rage at Dr. Ford they showed rage at Senator Feinstein I guess if you cant yell at one woman yell at another.

Also let just say that Dr. Ford spoke the same way to the committee that Judge Kavanaugh did ? Lashing out saying this is a trick by the right and had something to do with former republican presidents. Kavanaugh opening statement just showed how unhinged we are becoming as a country , he is biased and it showed. I am sure he was only talking to one person or thinking of one person while testifying ( Trump ).

For those saying a yearbook was brought up or this was 35 years ago. He is not looking to be a manager of company or getting  job anywhere he is being appointed for the REST OF HIS LIFE ( personally I don't think we should have any lifetime appointments ) if he is going to be confirmed and again judge others for the rest of his life , EVERYTHING SHOULD MATTER.

I know I am for the most part speaking into an echo chamber but I had to write this other than scream out FUCK at the top of my lungs.  As a male , I feel even worse for females and how trigged some were by there own sexual assaults they have gone thru. Again this is a sad day for this country and the direction we are heading in , I though two years ago this was going to be bad but I honestly did not think it would get to this point.

Yes, treatment of people is important.  But I prefer to have proof, you know have someone who can remember dates and times and have people there that saw the event happen.  That’s the person I can get behind.  I will leave now.  You folks go on living in fairytale land and I will keep living in the real world.

You want someone to be there and see the assault happen? Really?

With my apologies to the mods, because I do try to respect the rules: Seriously, what is wrong with you? I... wow.

Fine. Subpoena Judge's ass and have him testify. He was there.

I live in the real world. I've been assaulted and groped and harassed, multiple times. So have most women I know. The only "proof" I have is my memory. In the real world, where I do live, I didn't report anything. If you've seen any of the #WhyIDidn'tReport conversations, if you took time to read any of them, you would know why I didn't report, why so many people didn't report. "Don't make trouble." "Were you drinking?" "Maybe you sent mixed signals?" "Why would you want to damage his career?" "Why would anyone do that to YOU? I mean, have you looked in the mirror lately?" "He was probably just joking. Lighten up!" "Oh, toughen up." (Thanks, Mom.)

We saw how it took dozens of women to come forward before anyone took the allegations against Bill Cosby seriously (and people had been talking about those stories for years). Nineteen woman spoke up about Agent Orange, and he's still in the White House ("My president tapped that ass! Boo-yah!"). So why should a mere five women derail any man's career trajectory, amirite? I mean, it's not like it was fifty women, then we'd have to talk about whether or not an investigation is needed....

It's entirely possible that Kavanaugh has no memory of these episodes, given his apparent heavy drinking. That doesn't mean that they didn't happen, and that doesn't make them any less painful for the victims.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Welp, that was a waste of a day.  A few things we learned though:

-Kavanaugh will be our newest scotus
    -dems didn’t care for Ford at all, other than to use her as a weapon against trumps nomination
    -dens looked like a bunch of bullshit artists using weaponized politics to weep their way to delaying an otherwise sure thing
    -poor ms Ford will be the forgotten disaster, wasted and used by her depraved party for their own sad loss- at entirely her expense

I will always love this band
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited September 2018
    As I type this, protesters have Jeff Flake cornered in an elevator and won't let him get to where he's going. This is a fucking circus. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    When you get right down to it, whether or not he actually assaulted anyone doesn't matter. It matters to the victims, but in the global scheme of things, the mere act of lying before the Senate ought to be disqualifying. And lying about stupid, petty bullshit like what the "Ralph Club" is demonstrates an appalling lack of accountability and maturity. You drank too much and got sick in school? Okay. You're neither the first nor the last person to do that. Admit it. Say you're not proud of how you behaved as a young man. But choosing instead to lie, blatantly and poorly, about stupid shit -- that's the kind of thing that, as a parent, makes my head explode. I've drilled into my kids that everyone makes mistakes; how you behave after the fact matters, a lot.
    Amusing how your real world is built on lies upon documented lies, but those ones don't bother you. 
    As I type this, protesters have Jeff Flake cornered in an elevator and won't let him get to where he's going. This is a fucking circus. 

I'm not sure that I feel bad about this. Being nice and playing by the rules hasn't gotten us anywhere. I wish things could be resolved civilly, but Congress is so full of spineless cowards -- I don't know. I really don't know how I feel about this.

I do know that I was filled with rage when I heard about Flake's decision this morning. I need to go punch the bag for a while.