Comments

• opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    I'd def hit up a night or two of Asia tour
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Oakland CA please!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • DSTRUB said:
    Take it for what it’s worth, I chatted with a PJ worker at an airport, I asked him about 2019, he stated.. “very busy in 2019”

-Take 3 months after Home/away shows to record and finish up the new album.
    -Australia tour  would be first (Jan or Feb?)
    -Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)
    -USA (August, sept, oct?)

it was very general conversation but he was legit, not going to rat the guy out. He did mention those plans could change of course at anytime. Idk if he mentioned Latin America, I was just shocked he mentioned Japan and China.

New Album= WORLD TOUR 2019

That's some pretty awesome intel if true.

As someone that goes to mainland China quarterly, I would highly anticipate that they would play Hong Kong instead of mainland China.  If it was China the only city that would be in potentially be in play would be  Shanghai.  And even in that case their setlist would be dictated ahead of time through discussion with  proper authorities.    It has always been very hard for Western bands to navigate through the bureaucracy of putting on shows there.   There isn't music that is much safer than Coldplay and they have been pulled twice from planned appearances there.
    Hong Kong's media is a little more open to such performances
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    And apart from Japan, I hope they also return to the cities they played back in ‘95 - Singapore, Manila, Taipei, Bangkok.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    And apart from Japan, I hope they also return to the cities they played back in ‘95 - Singapore, Manila, Taipei, Bangkok.
    Definitely. I want to take my dad to Singapore and this would be perfect.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    DSTRUB said:
    Take it for what it’s worth, I chatted with a PJ worker at an airport, I asked him about 2019, he stated.. “very busy in 2019”

-Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)

it was very general conversation but he was legit, not going to rat the guy out. He did mention those plans could change of course at anytime. Idk if he mentioned Latin America, I was just shocked he mentioned Japan and China.

the U.S portion will include the Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo areas.   Haven't played those cities since 2010-2013 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • And apart from Japan, I hope they also return to the cities they played back in ‘95 - Singapore, Manila, Taipei, Bangkok.
    The rumours are another south east asia country
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    "busy" is all relative when it comes to what Pearl Jam thinks is busy and what normal people think is busy.   Work 70 hours a week to me is buy.  To them touring 6 weeks out of year is busy.

They had to have been super busy on the home show lead-up.  All that coordination isn't easy.   
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Damn. Well, still might be do-able as a layover.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 83
    If this happens, they must play Dallas.  They've only played here once in 15 years.

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    D-Rod said:
    DSTRUB said:

-Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)

the U.S portion will include the Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo areas.   Haven't played those cities since 2010-2013 

For sure???
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    D-Rod said:
    DSTRUB said:

-Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)

For sure???
    I have no inside knowledge but there is a general pattern to their NA tours.  If DSTRUB has accurate information ( and I have no reason not to believe it) then they will play the west coast ,  those cities i mentioned and a couple on the east coast ( Philly, NY).  Guessing a total of 22 shows.

Maybe everybody's favourite Greek can give this a thumps up/ down 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    We are heading to Tokyo in April so maybe need to hold off planning until the fall to make sure we don't miss a show.  

in the US please hit AZ for a show.  Purdy please.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I hope it is not stadium shows with festivals mixed in.  
  • And apart from Japan, I hope they also return to the cities they played back in ‘95 - Singapore, Manila, Taipei, Bangkok.
    Very doable. Only 1hr flight
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited August 2018
    a world tour? at their age and recent pattern of activity? I'll believe that shit when I see it. plus, they go pretty much everywhere except canada? BOOOOOO-urns. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Very doable. Only 1hr flight
    Haha 1 hr flight from Singapore? I know which country that is!
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Oakland CA please!!!
    Would love to see them play in Bay Area. We have several arenas: AT&T Park, Oracle Arena, Levi's Stadium, Oakland Coliseum (I'll make sure to bring my bulletproof vest to that show). But much rather see them at Fox Oakland Theatre (too small) or The Fillmore San Francisco (too small) but most likely Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. 

I'm going in 2019!!!!
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    PLEASE play a show in NASHVILLE FFS!! We haven’t had a show since 2003!! Don’t you dare skip us for Bonnaroo again. 
    Nashville sucks now. Doubt they will ever play it again, and I was at 03 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    I bet new album release it will be within 2018, prob before xmas. And another eu tour will be great!! Savin money time is already began :)
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    D-Rod said:
    DSTRUB said:

-Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)

For sure???
    Lol.  No.  How can't you folks spot obvious BS?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    CopperTom said:
    D-Rod said:
    DSTRUB said:

-Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)

For sure???
    Lol.  No.  How can't you folks spot obvious BS?

Ya never know. No doubt NYC will get shows and no doubt other cities along the east from DC to Boston.

I can see them hitting up at least two of the "Great Lakes" region mentioned above.

Whereas the 2013 tour was sort of a "U" shape, maybe the 2019 tour will be an upside-down U.

Still... I think what we've heard about Oceania/Asia and Europe are definites. I'd love them to do a summer USA thing, but those days are gone. They can go outside in Europe in the summer and inside in USA in September-November.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    renelesur said:
    If this happens, they must play Dallas.  They've only played here once in 15 years.
    +1
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I dunno about all this 2019 talk.  They seem to tour only in the even years recently.  I have no info but would predict EV solo tour is more likely for 19.  Of course new album could change that but new album tours are only as good as the new album.  So to the Away Shows we must go!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Europe would surprise me the most. Aside from 2006/2007 and the few shows they played in 2009 before the 2010 tour, they haven't played the continent in back to back years - especially lately.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Oops. I forgot about 1992 and 1993!
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    Before they were announced, someone that knew about the seven US stadium shows this year, said US and Canada next year.  

New record will be out next year, so there will be more shows.  I’d assume the four US cities that got shows this year will be skipped next year.  Southwest USA seems due, they’ve never gone this long before without playing LA, San Diego.  Toronto, Philly and NYC will be at three years since their last show which is usually the max for those cities.

No inside info, but I think a tour anchored around some combination of Osheaga (festival in Montreal), Lollapalooza (only way I see them playing Chicago next year after two more at Wrigley) and Outside Lands makes a lot of sense.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    rummy said:
    Europe would surprise me the most. Aside from 2006/2007 and the few shows they played in 2009 before the 2010 tour, they haven't played the continent in back to back years - especially lately.
    No way they tour Europe again considering they haven't toured the west coast since 2013 and the Midwest since 2014. 
  • biosfearbiosfear Melbourne, Australia Posts: 19
    As much as I'm hoping for an Australian tour in Feb/March 2019, I'm beginning to think that the album and the Australian tour will be later in the year. I recently heard someone suggest this initerary, which sounds more likely than a full on 2019:

- US/Canada - June/July 2019
    - New album - Aug/Sept 2019
    - Australia/NZ - Oct/Nov 2019 
    - Europe - June 2020
    - South America - Oct/Nov 2020
  • following, so i can stay up to date with aussie tour rumours and hopefully tour confirmation