Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    What’s the debate? I’m not in Canada but any fucker who runs around shooting a crowd of people commits an act of terrorism in my book, has nothing to do with race or what any lawyers would call it.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    RoleModelsinBlood31 said:that scumbag. around shooting a crowd of people commits an act of terrorism in my book, has nothing to do with race or what any lawyers would call it.
    Absolutely ... fuck that scumbag.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    What’s the debate? I’m not in Canada but any fucker who runs around shooting a crowd of people commits an act of terrorism in my book, has nothing to do with race or what any lawyers would call it.
    You need to understand our prime minister fluff is very delicate.  He doesn't like harsh words like terrorist or illegal borders crossers...wouldn't want offend anyone...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Your book is not called the Criminal Code of Canada, though. 

It might be terrorism. It might not. We’ll see when we have more information. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Ottawa Missed The Deadline To Find Another Buyer For Trans Mountain Pipeline

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/07/22/ottawa-deadline-trans-mountain-pipeline_a_23487255/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001

Looks like PM fluff dragged the rest of Canada into the pipeline business.  Good job Fluff.  Now do I get a royalty check once the oil the flows through??

Give Peas A Chance…
    Now that his family has played the mental health card ... it good he's dead.  Our justice system would have teated this terrorist with kid gloves IF he was mentally ill.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Now that his family has played the mental health card ... it good he's dead.  Our justice system would have teated this terrorist with kid gloves IF he was mentally ill.  
    Phrases like “play the mental illness card” are disgusting. If you have never had to deal with a loved one with psychosis, then it’s because you’re fortunate, not because you’re better. 
    Investigation into motive behind deadly mass shooting in Greektown continues

https://www.cp24.com/news/investigation-into-motive-behind-deadly-mass-shooting-in-greektown-continues-1.4025304

The mental illness angle is being used often without proof.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Investigation into motive behind deadly mass shooting in Greektown continues

https://www.cp24.com/news/investigation-into-motive-behind-deadly-mass-shooting-in-greektown-continues-1.4025304

They don't know much about the guy at this point... or at least haven't released much about him, but I agree that 'mental illness' gets tossed in there really quickly sometimes.

Not that I'm saying this is the situation here... I don't think inventing a 'mental illness' to explain the motives of some idiotic people does 'mental illness' any favours.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Kinda like the terrorism angle.
  • dignin said:

Kinda like the terrorism angle.

Fair point.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    You need to understand our prime minister fluff is very delicate.  He doesn't like harsh words like terrorist or illegal borders crossers...wouldn't want offend anyone...
    This is such bullshit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2018
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    That isn’t even relevant to your post that PJSoul was replying to. 

PJ_Soul said:
    This is such bullshit.
    That is the truth ... fluff is fucking useless.    Unfortunately all 3 federal party leader are ridiculous...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Fluff is a spoiled elite's trust fund baby.  The fucker fluff is a millionaire having Canadians pay for his nanny when his wife should raise the kids.  She has no job, no official title...other than being fluffs wife.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is such bullshit.
    No it's not ... prove it was mental health.  
    Why would I do that?? The LAW and DOCTORS do that. Why do you seem set on denying that it wasn't mental illness before having any facts whatsoever?? The guy's family has claimed that he has suffered from severe mental illness, including psychosis, for years. Any reasonable person will just wait for the authorities to figure out the facts. I think the way you're talking about this is pretty much disgusting, and a nice example of the kind of thinking that corrodes truth and fuels populism.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I think I’ve made it more than clear in the various threads dealing with violence, particularly gun violence, that I believe that most people, including the media, are far too quick to pin violence on a catch-all “mental illness”. The flip side to that, however, is that most people have little understanding or knowledge of psychosis, nor are they interested in changing that. If this guy genuinely had a psychotic illness that significantly impacted his motives, then it is rightly treated very differently than a guy who shoots a bunch of people because he’s angry that his girlfriend left him 
    edited July 2018
    I think I’ve made it more than clear in the various threads dealing with violence, particularly gun violence, that I believe that most people, including the media, are far too quick to pin violence on a catch-all “mental illness”. The flip side to that, however, is that most people have little understanding or knowledge of psychosis, nor are they interested in changing that. If this guy genuinely had a psychotic illness that significantly impacted his motives, then it is rightly treated very differently than a guy who shoots a bunch of people because he’s angry that his girlfriend left him 
    I totally agree that one shouldn't just assume mental illness. Just because someone commits a horrendous act, it doesn't mean he or she is mentally ill. Some people are just horrible evil assholes. But the reason everyone is talking about mental illness in this particular case is because the family immediately claimed that this guy is extremely mentally ill. We'll find out if that's true or not, but it's a good enough reason to make us speculate that mental illness was indeed a factor in this case. The problem is people like Meltdown - those who make assumptions either way, above and beyond informed speculation, because of their preconceived biases. Some believe that mental illness, no matter how severe, is irrelevant in violent acts, or they consistently think that those actually diagnoses with mental illness are faking it or exaggerating its influence on their actions, which shows great ignorance about severe mental illness, which also does those who are mentally ill a disservice.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    So you would call every school shooting an act of terrorism? What about you, Meltdown?

i have no idea why some posters are so keen to redefine every act of violence as terrorism. Terrorism is specifically an act that causes violence and creates terror to further a political or ideological aim. Why do you want to dilute that definition? If you want to include any action that creates terror, then you’re basically including almost any assault, all criminal harassment, all sexual assaults. What’s the point of that?
    What is wrong with expecting this millionaire PM from picking up his own daycare?  In my opinion it would the right thing to do.  

Give Peas A Chance…
    What is wrong with expecting this millionaire PM from picking up his own daycare?  In my opinion it would the right thing to do.  

I have no idea what you mean by this. You’re really out there on this issue, or issues, it seems. 
    edited July 2018

Aren't there more important things to be thinking about? Do you seriously think this matters?
    Lots of jobs include daycare benefits, and it makes particular sense in a job like the PM's, where his family is at the mercy of a PM's schedule. How much money he or any PM might have personally is irrelevant.
    Christie Blatchford: Who is Faisal Hussain, the man behind the Toronto mass shooting? It's complicated

https://windsorstar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/chris-chelios-rejoins-chicago-blackhawks-as-a-team-ambassador/wcm/5b758855-3bba-4941-840a-8114fa1624f5

The fucker is a terrorist.  His family are liars...this fucker killed an 10 and 18 year old...fuck that family.  And if they aren't citizens and they are lying deport every one of them fuckers in his family.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Christie Blatchford: Who is Faisal Hussain, the man behind the Toronto mass shooting? It's complicated

https://windsorstar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/chris-chelios-rejoins-chicago-blackhawks-as-a-team-ambassador/wcm/5b758855-3bba-4941-840a-8114fa1624f5

The fucker is a terrorist.  His family are liars...this fucker killed an 10 and 18 year old...fuck that family.  And if they aren't citizens and they are lying deport every one of them fuckers in his family.
    You linked to a hockey story. 
    So, I think this is the article you meant to post. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/opinion/christie-blatchford-who-is-faisal-hussain-the-man-behind-the-toronto-mass-shooting-its-complicated/amp

I note that that it does not include any information from which to draw your conclusion that he’s a terrorist. That’s doesn’t mean he isn’t, but it does mean we don’t have that information yet. And you have absolutely no proof at all that his family are liars. Are you seriously taking the fact that he doesn’t have a criminal record and doesn’t have a lot of police contacts as proof that he doesn’t have mental illness? That’s frankly absurd. 

Like I said earlier, you are way out there, on this and on a few other topics. 
    Police ID girl killed in Danforth rampage as Julianna Kozishttp

://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/danforth-shooting-girl-markham-julianna-kozis-1.4760538

Lets quit talking about that asshole shit head who cut the lives short of 2 young people...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    ISIS claims responsibility for Danforth mass shooting but offers no evidence

https://www.cp24.com/news/isis-claims-responsibility-for-danforth-mass-shooting-but-offers-no-evidence-1.4026971

Well no one has offered any proof that this fucker was mentally ill.  His fucking family has not even produced any medicine that he was on tat would indicate mental illness.  People got quit treating this fucker and the  family like they are victims...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    ISIS claims responsibility for Danforth mass shooting but offers no evidence

https://www.cp24.com/news/isis-claims-responsibility-for-danforth-mass-shooting-but-offers-no-evidence-1.4026971

Well no one has offered any proof that this fucker was mentally ill.  His fucking family has not even produced any medicine that he was on tat would indicate mental illness.  People got quit treating this fucker and the  family like they are victims...
     "Lets quit talking about that asshole shit head who cut the lives short of 2 young people..." -- Meltdown (literally one comment ago)
    PJ_Soul said:
    Alek Minassian charged with 10 counts of first-degree murder, 13 attempted murders in Toronto van attack

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/toronto-van-attack

From the article...

Trudeau did not have any new information on the suspect’s possible motives, but said there is still no evident link to terrorism. “At this time we have no reason to suspect that there is a national security element to this attack,” he said.

The PM is very wrong.  What defines terror?  If driving a van mowing down innocents doesn't qualify as a terror act, what does?
    ... But you know what he means man, right? When he says there is no national security element to it, he means that it's not an act connected to a terrorist network. Seriously, do you really want so much to try and make Trudeau look bad that you want to play dumb?
    I just want the PM to call it what it is, terrorism. I get, anyone disagrees with Trudeau it offends...
    So, I just scrolled back to the discussion on the Toronto van attack. This is your comment then, on April 24, Meltdown. You were really pretty sure that that attack was terrorism, too. 

I suppose if you call every mass killing terrorism, then eventually you'll get one right.