*** London, UK Fanviews Here 7/17/18 ***

Comments

• JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    I would give my left nut to see Pearl Jam at the Royal Albert Hall... my favourite venue in the UK. I saw Chris Cornell there in 2016, absolutely stunning.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,710
    I saw that show. It was amazing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I've only been to Royal Albert Hall once. Saw G3 there in 2004. Vai, Satriani and Fripp. A friend loves that kind of music, so I went with him. Was alright.

Would much rather see Pearl Jam there!
  • eloviateeloviate Posts: 58
    Slowed down Cant Deny Me = thumbs up
  • mikeozmikeoz Posts: 9
    Bella said:
    Leeds and O2 were special in their own way. One thing I would say, don’t play Wembley Arena. The acoustics are rubbish. The sound bounces off the walls.
    100% true! Spent many an evening at the old Arena in the 80s and 90s and the sound was worse than being in a barn! Probably the worst indoor sound i have ever come across. 
  • Royal albert hall is the best venue I've ever been to. I went to that G3 show mentioned above and the Chris Cornell one (shook his hand and had a selfie with him) I've seen David Gilmour there a few times, Clapton, Tom Petty etc etc .... Probably about 30 gigs there haha. Love it! 
    mikeoz said:
    Bella said:
    Leeds and O2 were special in their own way. One thing I would say, don’t play Wembley Arena. The acoustics are rubbish. The sound bounces off the walls.
    100% true! Spent many an evening at the old Arena in the 80s and 90s and the sound was worse than being in a barn! Probably the worst indoor sound i have ever come across. 
    Wembley Arena is better than it used to be. 
  • SunshinejarSunshinejar Wales Posts: 53
    I keep listing to my playlist of the show wishing I was there eeeeee!!!
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I gave up GA quite a while ago. Too many bad experiences.  Sucks that it got dangerous in there.  
    London 1 10C GA was great.There weren't any problems that I saw of,,,,cut to London 2,,,where did these angry people come from?
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Barcelona had the most respectful crowd of the entire tour
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    100%
    and the most fun
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    cp3iverson said:l
    I gave up GA quite a while ago. Too many bad experiences.  Sucks that it got dangerous in there.  
    London 1 10C GA was great.There weren't any problems that I saw of,,,,cut to London 2,,,where did these angry people come from?
    Probably the ticket drop from returns from people who couldn't make the rescheduled show
  • Barcelona had the most respectful crowd of the entire tour
    On the whole the crowd was great.
    At BCN i was stuck next to 3 guys who for the whole set were involved in a multimedia presentation to friends at home.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,357
    I can't even fully articulate just how much fun Barcelona was from start to finish. I was in lower tier next to the stage, and it was a blast. Everyone everywhere was into the show and dancing.  The floor looked fun and safe, too.  I can't wait for the bootleg.

Crowd seemed a little lame in London 2 and the floor was rough from the looks of things, but it really picked up for the encores and the last run of songs was unbelievable!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    23scidoo said:
    Wow, Fatal and Around the bend on the same setlist???..awesome..
    so happy for my friend Alex, ''the guy with the beard''..
    yea, thats pretty sweet.  Will be getting this show when ready. 
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited July 2018
    The Rock said:
    I can't even fully articulate just how much fun Barcelona was from start to finish. I was in lower tier next to the stage, and it was a blast. Everyone everywhere was into the show and dancing.  The floor looked fun and safe, too.  I can't wait for the bootleg.

Crowd seemed a little lame in London 2 and the floor was rough from the looks of things, but it really picked up for the encores and the last run of songs was unbelievable!
    Think it’s all perspective of where you are in a crowd.  The crowd where we were at London 2 (as I think dottles said previously) was great.  Lots of dancing and singing along and not just from the people we were with and zero aggro.

We were left side front of the sound desk.  Was an amazing show for us.

Sorry for those who didn’t enjoy.

Worst crowd I experienced was Katowice 07.  It was brutal and I was covered in bruises after the show.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    A Benaroya Hall-style set at the Royal Albert Hall would be absolutely insane. Like, highlight of my life good.
    Again, it's more of a space thing, but I've always loved Alexandra Palace for gigs too. Alice in Chains there in 2013 was mind-blowing.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
    A Benaroya Hall-style set at the Royal Albert Hall would be absolutely insane. Like, highlight of my life good.
    Again, it's more of a space thing, but I've always loved Alexandra Palace for gigs too. Alice in Chains there in 2013 was mind-blowing.
    I have been to Alexandra Palace a few times, including that Alice In Chains gig. I really don't like it as a venue. It's a pain to get to compared to others and it's not got the best sound quality in the world. I would certainly go if PJ played there, but I would choose other venues ahead of it. 

Brixton would be ideal for me personally. 
    Olivavu said:
    I have been to Alexandra Palace a few times, including that Alice In Chains gig. I really don't like it as a venue. It's a pain to get to compared to others and it's not got the best sound quality in the world. I would certainly go if PJ played there, but I would choose other venues ahead of it. 

Yeah, I hear you. It's funny because for me the way Brixton is set out completely puts me off. The bar near the front creates a crush that makes the very front section a bit of a mess at an active gig.

I prefer floors that give you lots of wide open space. I'd take Hammersmith any say over Brixton.

Also I'm beginning to suspect I'm the only PJ fan in North London where all of my fav venues are ha.
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Olivavu said:

Yeah, I hear you. It's funny because for me the way Brixton is set out completely puts me off. The bar near the front creates a crush that makes the very front section a bit of a mess at an active gig.

I prefer floors that give you lots of wide open space. I'd take Hammersmith any say over Brixton.

Also I'm beginning to suspect I'm the only PJ fan in North London where all of my fav venues are ha.
    There isn't a bar at the front in Brixton. The bars are at the back and in the foyer. 
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    I always wonder wouldn't it be cool if PJ make a short acoustic tour
    like only 5 shows
    small venue

PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    Brixton has a great sloping floor so short arses like me can see. Nothing worse than a six footer parking his/herself right in front me doing my best oompah lumpah impression..!!
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
    timbo1972 said:
    Brixton has a great sloping floor so short arses like me can see. Nothing worse than a six footer parking his/herself right in front me doing my best oompah lumpah impression..!!
    Exactly. Just about everyone can see at a Brixton gig.

Half the crowd were basketball players at Shepherds Bush in 2009!
  • AI114578AI114578 Posts: 16
    Hell yeah to the Pearl Jam @ The Royal Albert Hall.

What a night that could be. One off show next year similar format to the Benaroya Hall show. Would absolutely love it! Bring it on guys! 
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I would love it too, Pearl Jam at the RAH. I saw Echo and the Bunnymen there, will never forget, it was magic!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    edited July 2018
    Olivavu said:
    Olivavu said:

There isn't a bar at the front in Brixton. The bars are at the back and in the foyer. 
    Bar as in actual, metal bar. Barrier would have been a better term.
    Olivavu said:
    Olivavu said:

Bar as in actual, metal bar. Barrier would have been a better term.
    That makes more sense. 
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    edited July 2018
    A week later and my head is still at this show. For those of us who go to many concerts, we keep going back because of that feeling of euphoria experienced when everything is perfect and there's no place you'd rather be. We keep chasing the feeling but the reality is the more shows we go to, the more elusive this feeling is because let's face it, we've seen so many amazing shows by that point that the bar keeps getting higher and higher. Well, I felt that many times over a week ago in London and totally justified the flight back from NYC :heart:

I was initially 4th/5th row in front of Jeff, by the time the show ended, I think I was 3rd row between Mike & Jeff. Right before the show started, a few of us were chatting and I called Oceans as the opener. Dave, whom I had just met (who was there with Hanna) was lamenting about how he really really really wanted to hear Breath but will probably miss it again. When I heard the opening notes to Oceans, I got a really really good feeling about the show :)

Setlist highlights for me were:
    - Oceans: Obviously!
    - Save You: One of my favourites!
    - It's OK tag. I always hold my breath when they get to that point of Daughter where they could segue into It's OK but am constantly disappointed. Not tonight!
    - I Won't Back Down: I loved this song long before I was a Pearl Jam fan :heart:
    - Fatal: !!!!!!!
    - Breath: I tried looking for Dave during this song but they ended up a bit further back because of the crowd. I couldn't believe they were playing it. Truthfully I never really connected with it before, but oh, it connected tonight!

What really struck me throughout the show was that whole band especially Ed seemed to be in a really good mood. Maybe it's because it was the last show of the tour and they were all headed home. Or maybe they were just so happy that we all came back! No matter the reason, I love knowing that they seem to genuinely like each other. I've been to concerts where the band puts on a really really good show, but they barely make eye contact with each other. I could never imagine seeing a band like that multiple times. I've also been to shows where Ed has been cranky and that's always an uneasy feeling (looking at you LA 2013 :lol). The whole Mankind/Let Stone Sing/Let Jeff sing saga had me in stiches :rofl:

In terms of the crowd, from Go until basically the closing notes of Yellow Ledbetter, the pit was kinda intense but quite frankly I've been in worse. At Manchester 2000 I basically thought I was going to die in the pit at my first Pearl Jam show so pretty much everything else since then has been a cake walk :lol: Fans around me were great for the most part and when we were jumping, we were all going in unison and were just happy and not trying to bump into anyone. Thanks to the people in front of me (I think Jillian and another guy who's name I never got) for letting me rest my arm on you. There were people pushing from further back and from the middle of the pit which I had been expecting. It sounded like others had a far worse experience, very sorry to hear that :( The few times I had issues were from people in front of me; I was trying to put my arm down and some dude thought I was trying to elbow my way to the front. Another woman in the 2nd row spent the whole concert yelling at anyone who touched her and a woman on the rail kept pushing back aggressively at the woman behind her when the weight of the entire GA pushed up against her. All that was a little disheartening and kinda took away a little bit from my enjoyment because I couldn't understand why these fans were being assholes to other fans who weren't doing anything wrong, but I think the positivity of everyone else around me more than adequately wiped out the negativity and I was thankfully able to enjoy this wonderful show.

So full of gratitude that I got to have this experience, this is going to go down as one of the best Pearl Jam shows I've been to! :heart::heart:

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    100%
    and the most fun
    both are correct..respectful and the best loudest european  crowd i ever experience 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    100%
    and the most fun
    both are correct..respectful and the best loudest european  crowd i ever experience 
    Prague was cool..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..