*** London, UK Fanviews Here 7/17/18 ***

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2018
    Don't really know what to write in these kinds of thread.

But it was great and I made Matt C (and Eddie) laugh.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    MR26603 said:
    Terrible  crowd and terrible venue security 
    For me the crowd was amazing in every way.
    How can one say that the crowd was amazing when Eddie himself had to ask to the crowd to take three steps back...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Thanks for all.the kind words everyone
     All true
    Sorry for your experience.

Cool of you to say hello to me :)
  • Magic_JMagic_J Uk Posts: 28
    MR26603 said:
    How can one say that the crowd was amazing when Eddie himself had to ask to the crowd to take three steps back...
    It was insane seeing a whole GA area taking steps back from where we were up on the 400s. I wouldn’t have wanted to be in that pit area myself and it was clear Ed and the band weren’t happy with how rough it was getting. We could see the three circles and every now and then there would be a big space where it looked like maybe someone fell? But it does sound like a little way away from the three main surging areas it was a little calmer. 
    edited July 2018
    The crowd seemed pretty friendly where i was stood last night, just to right of centre (Stones side) and not too far out.  The only time if felt uncomfortable was when Eddie asked us all to take 3 steps back.  We moved back only for everyone behind us not to move.  Not sure the early entry idea works as you get in there nice and early only for people to come in later and try to push through.  Not that happened last night but have experienced it previous.  Would be good to have an enclosed area at the from for 10c members to stop this happening.  My only moan was what happened to all the ticket stubs?  Was told all gone when we left but you can only take 1 ticket stub if you have a standing wristband and loads of people still making there way out after me so not sure how that would be.  Amazing show though.
    People push at every concert where there is GA, or try to get closer or seeing an empty spot and moving.

Tenclub-fans do not have a "special area", they have the chance to pick a spot beforehand in the pit that is shared with everyone.

People shouldn't push or force themselves to the front or destroy thee experience for others, but it happens at every concert and being a tenclub member you get early entry - not "a guaranteed spot". So it works as good as it was meant too.

And Wembley 2007 had only tenclubbers on the floor, I bet you people pushed through there also (but to a lesser extent).

I think the problem in London must have been that it was less tenclubbers there than usual, so more regular GA in front. A big tenclub area I guess works as "padding" between the stage and the GA because tenclubbers are a bit more respectful to each other.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Thanks for all.the kind words everyone
     All true
    Sorry for your experience.

Cool of you to say hello to me :)
    Cool sign
     For a cool guy . From a cool guy.
    Pushing per say wasn't  the issue. It was assholes  surging through  . We need a 10c barrier.  I explained it to my girls that as 1500 10c tickets went to general that meant exactly  as you said no buffer of like minded people. Normally 3000 mainly good soul act different  . Not all pissed and aggressive like a sex pistols gig  from the 70s.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • RC74272RC74272 Posts: 25
    ^ That's a good point about the 10c "buffer" zone and would explain why 10c members at the front of the rail might have got taken by surprise by the intensity of the London pit. 

I recall 10c put 1000 GA tickets on sale fairly late last week? There was definitely a lot of more casual fans there - I was in the seats in block 112 and the reaction to the deeper cuts (like Fatal) was pretty muted. 
    It was also the local security  that totally ruined it from the outset  at the metal detector . Someone else already stated but we were in line from 7.30am. People were allowed to surge through the line at that spot and take the place of well over 100 people that had queued all day. I will blame 10c bloke ty for this also as I alerted him to it and he said my line my rules all smug like he was someone important
     His moment of power I guess.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    RC74272 said:
    ^ That's a good point about the 10c "buffer" zone and would explain why 10c members at the front of the rail might have got taken by surprise by the intensity of the London pit. 

I recall 10c put 1000 GA tickets on sale fairly late last week? There was definitely a lot of more casual fans there - I was in the seats in block 112 and the reaction to the deeper cuts (like Fatal) was pretty muted. 
    I had one guy in the row in front of me in 112 who just got up and left after 3 songs :D Very odd. There must have been loads of people in the o2 that night who just took a punt when the excellent tickets went back on sale, either as casual fans or just interested music fans. But in general, 112 was a cool chilled out vibe where we were in row J, no worries.
  • xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 187
    RC74272 said:

I had one guy in the row in front of me in 112 who just got up and left after 3 songs :D Very odd. There must have been loads of people in the o2 that night who just took a punt when the excellent tickets went back on sale, either as casual fans or just interested music fans. But in general, 112 was a cool chilled out vibe where we were in row J, no worries.
    4 people in front of us in row G left after the first set. Weird. Loads of casual fans in block 112. Didn’t spoil my night in anyway, most around me were standing and singing for most songs.
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • mcpakermcpaker Posts: 6
    It don't know if anyone has mentioned it already, but previous experience of the O2 is that 112 is where a lot of comp tickets are - Record company tickets and the like. May explain more casual reactions and no-shows. 
  • BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 63
    Sorry to hear about the crowd issues for those enough lucky to attend and stand that close to the stage. But I feel bad for the people that came here to relive and write about what looked to be one of the best of the tour only to be served six pages of complaining.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Bella said:
    There should be a 10c section at every show. When there is, there’s a better vibe. In Padova, Prague and Rome they worked perfectly. There is only bother when the GA is a free for all.
    I've seen PJ in arenas multiple times in the UK and Eire (Wembley Arena, Manchester MEN Arena, London O2, Dublin, Belfast and Leeds) and I'm certain that there's never been a separate floor area for 10C at any of them. Is it just a European thing to have a 10C section, or is it just a UK thing to not have one?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Well this happened fast, but there is already a great video up of the show. Maybe this is from the guy who was using someone as a tripod for their camera.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcFkUf68n_Q
    It's a hopeless situation...
    BRWilly said:
    Sorry to hear about the crowd issues for those enough lucky to attend and stand that close to the stage. But I feel bad for the people that came here to relive and write about what looked to be one of the best of the tour only to be served six pages of complaining.
    With all due respect  it is a fan view and that is to report good and bad. If it was great then great if not why not write about it. The band and the set are not in question here from anyone..they were faultless and put on one hell of a show.  That s a fact we all agree on!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

tbergs said:
    Well this happened fast, but there is already a great video up of the show. Maybe this is from the guy who was using someone as a tripod for their camera.
    Cool hahah tripod man. Now I can see what I missed whilst not enjoying being in the medical area with my family.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Magic_JMagic_J Uk Posts: 28
    tbergs said:
    Can’t wait to watch some footage. I loved our view of the stage from side on in up in 401, but I did miss being able to see some of the close up shots of faces you get on the screens (although I usually ignor the screens for the most part). 
    tbergs said:
    That taken 3 editing.

• OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    MR26603 said:
    I was going to say this. The crowd clearly wasn't "amazing in every way".

Well, unless you were amazed to see that many idiots at a PJ show. 
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    MR26603 said:
    he did that last time at the O2 and at Milton Keynes.  The crowd are at a rock concert,  not fucking church.
    edited July 2018
    js261067 said:
    MR26603 said:
    he did that last time at the O2 and at Milton Keynes.  The crowd are at a rock concert,  not fucking church.
    So you're saying that Prague and Krakow from this year, or an endless of shows with GA before were not rock concerts because Eddie didn't have to stop the show and ask people to take steps back - or talking to the security having them keep their focus on certain people/parts of the crowd?

I've been fooled.
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    You need a 10c barrier
    most or maybe all of the drunk people around me in the pit are not from 10c.
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
    That video missed save you 
     We could have watched the local security  dragging me along the floor . Just for a laugh you know
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

You need a 10c barrier
    most or maybe all of the drunk people around me in the pit are not from 10c.
    This^^^^
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

js261067 said:
    MR26603 said:
    You are pissing me off with this church bollocks. Let's see when it's you or your family. All well and good being a hard man on the computer  and at a gig when you don't care about anyone around you drunk and stupid.  Just respectfully understand  the point being made by people who had an experience different to yours.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    It was also compounded of course by 1000+ 10c GA tickets going out to the public. I feel so sad for your guys who had a bad time :( It was such an amazing show.
    ^^this is a heartfelt response. Good man. People who get all. "It's a rock gig" just grow up . It is never ok in any public place to act this way . Pulling people away from the ones they went to the show with having rucksack on
    Or grabbing women and pushing them down
     Just not OK with me and many other normal people . 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    I actually dont really mind if some people are a bit aggressive
    for instance in barcelona people were moshing, i got hit, but they were singing along
    in london it was random drunk guys who spins around like a dumbass maniac
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    10c must have a seperate section. If you want the rail and happy to queue to get it, great. I’ve joined the line at early entry time and always had a good spot about 3or 4 rows from Mike. Keep GA behind a secondary barrier and everyone is happy.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
    Again I agree . Dance . Sing . Jump  clap all normal responses to.pearl jam. Not being a violent shit gibbon x100
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07