What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Sneakers - A favorite from when I was a kid. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Warrior (2011)
    Predictable but still a good watch
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    edited July 2018

I saw this in the cinema back in '06...didn't really remember much about it. Now I remember why, it's an extremely forgettable movie. :rofl:
    Post edited by TFlyer on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jurassic Park
    I SAW PEARL JAM

It was....interesting, there were some parts of it that were really good and other parts seemed to just drag along. I felt the same about the directors previous film "We're Still Here" actually (although I did like this one better). I definitely would NOT recommend this to anyone who has an issue with torture scenes. 
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited July 2018
    2001: A Space Odyssey 
    My second time watching it, still trying to make sense of it.
    This was a good read to help me understand: https://medium.com/rreview/2001-a-space-odyssey-explained-228c2d551cbf

Just a question, is it just my copy of the movie or is it part of the movie that there is a black screen for like 2 or more minutes before the opening?
    It's just black and eerie music.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    The Blob
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    A Quiet Place for the second time. Such a damn good movie
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Just saw it, and I agree, really great movie. 
    I know they are planning to make a sequel, but kind if wish they just allowed the movie to stand on its own. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

I liked this one better than the first, although I still felt that this wasn't one of the stronger Marvel films. My main issue was that I felt the villain was underdeveloped and suffered from the fact that they had two main villains with different story lines that had different paths developing at the same time. I am a fan of Walton Goggins as an actor so I would've been fine with just his character and not the main nemesis.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Up The Creek('84) & The Sandlot
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Battle Of The Sexes 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I know they are planning to make a sequel, but kind if wish they just allowed the movie to stand on its own. 
    Me too. Now that blank is blankety blank, I don't see any need for a sequel, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Blockers

not very good

10/10 for being loud and dumb :rofl: 
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    CROJAM95 said:
    Blockers

not very good
    lol
    thought that would be the case from the trailer.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    TFlyer said:

So it's what we all would have expected, right?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    TFlyer said:

I spent so many quarters on this video game. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    TFlyer said:

I spent so many quarters on this video game. 
    So did I....actually the best part of the movie was the fact that they had the arcade cabinet in the background of a couple of different scenes 
    Akeelah & the Bee (2006)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Rings
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Game Night
    Borg vs McEnroe

Both on a plane.  Not bad for plane watching.  Both had some good moments.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Sherpa (2015)
    PJ_Soul said:
    Me too. Now that blank is blankety blank, I don't see any need for a sequel, lol.
    Although on second though, if they make it a prequel, I'd be really into that!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Ant-Man & The Wasp

pretty solid MCU movie, not the best, not the worst. Pretty entertaining
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I believe their intent is to tell a different story within the AQP universe. Remember the water tower scene at night, with the father on top looking out over the land and seeing the  lit fires from other families/people. Theyll prob just tell a different story and maybe connect that with the originals family. Who really knows though.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I believe their intent is to tell a different story within the AQP universe. Remember the water tower scene at night, with the father on top looking out over the land and seeing the  lit fires from other families/people. Theyll prob just tell a different story and maybe connect that with the originals family. Who really knows though.
    I would like to think that will be the case...however the fact that they didn't actually show the fathers fate makes me worry that he will somehow return. Many recent horror films suffer from poor plot devices such as this, I hope this won't be the case but you never know... :i_dunno:
    edited July 2018
    TFlyer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I would like to think that will be the case...however the fact that they didn't actually show the fathers fate makes me worry that he will somehow return. Many recent horror films suffer from poor plot devices such as this, I hope this won't be the case but you never know... :i_dunno:
    Interesting... It never occurred to me that his fate could be anything other than the obvious. If they did do what you fear, yes, that would be really stupid and would seriously take away from the film. I think his assumed fate is a pretty major factor for the entire feel of the film on an emotional level.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    2 down and 1 to go for my trip down memory lane with the Jurassic Park series on Netflix this month.
    It's a hopeless situation...