Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    WHO'S WATHING THE BLOB THIS WEEKEND?!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    Mystery Junction 1951 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Pretty sure that killer is Fred Krueger
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Pretty sure that killer is Fred Krueger
    lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    edited February 2022
    Flipping the vast channels I have I came across....

Bitchin:The Sound, Fury of Rick James

It was fascinating documentary that was raw, intimate look at the wild colorful life of this legendary funk musician Rick James. They were many original interviews with other artists, collaborators and friends.

Man it was really good, it brought me to tears when they went into his vast drug use and ALL the freaky and scary things he did.

I was lucky to meet him once in Hampton VA sitting on a curb waiting on a friend. Myself and two friends just chilling and up comes this black limo and RJ steps out in this gaudy yellow outfit. He walks over to us and asks us what are we doing, we looked at each other not knowing to say. We told the truth and that we were in school at Hampton Institute (Hampton University now) and we have no money for show. He says that good stay in school turns to an assistant "hook em up". The guy pulls out 3 AAA passes and told us meet at up the recieving gate. Then RJ walks off as some other folks recognized him and started screaming.

We couldn't believe our luck sure enough We got in back stage, we could go anywhere in the Hampton Coliseum.  Teena Msrie opened for him, I had a crush on her, great show as RJ asked the crowd to throw your joints on the stage. They did and he was smoking as if it was going out of style. It was the
     🔥  FIRE IT UP TOUR.

At first I thought this song was about a love affair with a girl named Mary Jane, man was I ever wrong.

https://youtu.be/PrPNwLuk0zQ

Couple things I didn't know he was a draft dodger, played with Neil Young in Canada and that PRINCE opened for him.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Only one movie to go and my kids will stop badgering me to watch these movies. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    23scidoo said:

Did you like it??..found it great!!
    Didn't understand shit. But I enjoyed the journey into madness.

I hated it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited February 2022
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    I went on a Jeff Bridges kick the last 7-10 days

Hell Or High Water
    True Grit
    Crazy Heart
    The Fabulous Baker Boys
    Three words, Speedy: Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. 
    As a Dudeist priest, I don’t think that I need to point out the obvious, you human paraquats.

I would, however, like to put in a good word for Starman.

Jesus, and The Last Picture Show is just brilliant, too. And holy moly, The Fisher King!

Dude’s had a helluva career. 
    Almost every role.....

Does anyone like Arlington Road? With Tim Robbins and Joan Cusack. Not his best work, but for some reason the movie always stuck with me, and I find it highly entertaining. Nobody ever mentions it though, so I've wondered if I'm the only one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    I went on a Jeff Bridges kick the last 7-10 days

Hell Or High Water
    True Grit
    Crazy Heart
    The Fabulous Baker Boys
    Three words, Speedy: Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. 
    As a Dudeist priest, I don’t think that I need to point out the obvious, you human paraquats.

I would, however, like to put in a good word for Starman.

Jesus, and The Last Picture Show is just brilliant, too. And holy moly, The Fisher King!

Dude’s had a helluva career. 
    Almost every role.....

Does anyone like Arlington Road? With Tim Robbins and Joan Cusack. Not his best work, but for some reason the movie always stuck with me, and I find it highly entertaining. Nobody ever mentions it though, so I've wondered if I'm the only one.
    The start of it is burnt into my memory.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    I’d seen clips of this but managed to watch the entire movie last night. Very powerful and insightful, and holy crap was James Baldwin ever articulate! I’ll now be trying to dive into his writing, read a bit about him on Wikipedia after the film and he sounds like an incredibly interesting and thoughtful person. HIGHLY recommend to everyone.

"The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    L39Exercice de l39tat 2011 aka The Minister Where to Watch Online  Official Trailer Organic Reviews Buzz - MyMovieRack
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    The Dark Divide (2020)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    SOON WEEKEND. THE BLOB. ARE YOU WITH ME?!?!

• Options
    Yesterday i watched these films

Today I'm finally watchimg this :) San Dimas

Most triumphant
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SOON WEEKEND. THE BLOB. ARE YOU WITH ME?!?!

This evening we watched Dark Star, tomorrow evening The Fog. I really need to get Assault on Precinct 13, the original.
  • Options
    Nightmare Alley 2021 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    just watched The Big Lebowski for the millionth time (but first time in a long while). what a masterpiece that is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jumanji: The Next Level
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    Free Guy
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,936
    Poncier said:
    Free Guy
    I watched that one last night as well. It was ok. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    My 17 year old video game addict son thoroughly enjoyed it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,305

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    I've watched this dozens of times but never on a big screen or with the reedited sound. Wow!

• Options
    In the Strange Pursuit of Laura Durand 2019 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Flag Day - meh, I turned it off halfway thru the movie
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Free Guy

So much better than I expected it to be. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    g under p said:
    Flipping the vast channels I have I came across....

Bitchin:The Sound, Fury of Rick James

It was fascinating documentary that was raw, intimate look at the wild colorful life of this legendary funk musician Rick James. They were many original interviews with other artists, collaborators and friends.

Man it was really good, it brought me to tears when they went into his vast drug use and ALL the freaky and scary things he did.

I was lucky to meet him once in Hampton VA sitting on a curb waiting on a friend. Myself and two friends just chilling and up comes this black limo and RJ steps out in this gaudy yellow outfit. He walks over to us and asks us what are we doing, we looked at each other not knowing to say. We told the truth and that we were in school at Hampton Institute (Hampton University now) and we have no money for show. He says that good stay in school turns to an assistant "hook em up". The guy pulls out 3 AAA passes and told us meet at up the recieving gate. Then RJ walks off as some other folks recognized him and started screaming.

We couldn't believe our luck sure enough We got in back stage, we could go anywhere in the Hampton Coliseum.  Teena Msrie opened for him, I had a crush on her, great show as RJ asked the crowd to throw your joints on the stage. They did and he was smoking as if it was going out of style. It was the
     🔥  FIRE IT UP TOUR.

At first I thought this song was about a love affair with a girl named Mary Jane, man was I ever wrong.

https://youtu.be/PrPNwLuk0zQ

Couple things I didn't know he was a draft dodger, played with Neil Young in Canada and that PRINCE opened for him.

Peace

That was an amazing watch!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 553

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo