Donald Trump

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    NATO was not established to benefit us in Canada or the States ... so whats wrong with demanding all NATO partners pay their fair share...
    Nothing...if they weren't already doing it.  To suggest that they aren't and then take credit for the fact that they are is ridiculous.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    NATO was not established to benefit us in Canada or the States .
    You seriously think that?
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    way to go Ohio.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Tired of being gas lighted by Trump? Unemployment rate from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics over the last 10 years. https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    NATO was not established to benefit us in Canada or the States ... so whats wrong with demanding all NATO partners pay their fair share...
    you don't understand how things work. 
    Sadly neither does the DEMANDER in Chief...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Nothing...if they weren't already doing it.  To suggest that they aren't and then take credit for the fact that they are is ridiculous.
    I'd say it's extremely manipulative and insane. 

Falling down,...not staying down
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Am I the only one to notice that the biggest support for the Liar-in-Chief on here usually comes from Canadians?

Come on, man. There's only been two. And one was supporting him in a weird way to grate on people's nerves.
    Yes I'm aware but I was curious as to others level of awareness that the 2 biggest voices the last couple of years in support of the Racist -in -Chief have been Canadian. Not all Canadians just the 2 loudest voices.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Well to be fair, most of the NATO countries have not met their spending obligations that they agreed to regarding the military yet.  Now - according to the agreement they still have time and I don't think Trump's bravado was the right way to go about this.  But it seems they did need a push....behind the scenes.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Well to be fair, most of the NATO countries have not met their spending obligations that they agreed to regarding the military yet.  Now - according to the agreement they still have time and I don't think Trump's bravado was the right way to go about this.  But it seems they did need a push....behind the scenes.

Going into the meeting with Putin the same way he did with jong-Un, large and in charge, ...so he thinks.   Expect more tweets from him against Trudeau/Canada, as JT just said no to doubling its spending but on course for the 2024 targets. 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yeah the guy’s crazy for trying to make deals better for his country, what an ass!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    https://www.axios.com/nato-defense-spending-by-country-two-percent-0ec4aab3-7727-453a-bdad-dfefc34eef3c.html

Please don't let your hatred of Trump taint your thinking so much that you actually think these countries would meet that goal without some encouragement.  Not the trump kind, but a push none the less.

It's a fair thing to discuss at NATO for sure.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Yeah the guy’s crazy for trying to make deals better for his country, what an ass!
    Deals?  This isn't dealing over the cost of urinals in a hotel....that's his expertise

He's fucking clueless and it's apparent to everyone except his disciples
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Yeah the guy’s crazy for trying to make deals better for his country, what an ass!

Come on.

He's half-assing it for 'his country'. He spends the majority of his presidential time at his properties golfing and making deals for himself- the 'future consideration' kind where he reaps the appreciation for current decision-making later.

Sorry to say this, but if you think he's in it for the people... you're clueless.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Come on.

He's half-assing it for 'his country'. He spends the majority of his presidential time at his properties golfing and making deals for himself- the 'future consideration' kind where he reaps the appreciation for current decision-making later.

Sorry to say this, but if you think he's in it for the people... you're clueless.
    But you’d prefer not saying anything at all right? That would be the non-confrontational way right? Just say nothing and hope everyone stays your friend.  You get nothing in this world by being the nice guy.  I hear everyone on HOW he goes about his business being not how I’d handle it, but WHY and THAT he’s trying to get everything he can for the country is a good thing.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    How bout the letter from Kim Jong Un that Trump tweeted out? Mentions how they really are going to denuclearize........oh no...wait--no it says nothing of the kind. My bad. Never mind. 

"Donald Trump is a fucking moron." - Rex TIllerson
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How bout the letter from Kim Jong Un that Trump tweeted out? Mentions how they really are going to denuclearize........oh no...wait--no it says nothing of the kind. My bad. Never mind. 

Does it say anything about how they released Americans that were being held in captivity though? Small steps lead to success, gotta appreciate getting anything at all from little rocket man.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    They agreed that the target is 2% by 2024. I don’t believe it’s 2024 yet, therefore it’s incorrect to say they haven’t met their spending obligations. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Yeah the guy’s crazy for trying to make deals better for his country, what an ass!

Come on.

But you’d prefer not saying anything at all right? That would be the non-confrontational way right? Just say nothing and hope everyone stays your friend.  You get nothing in this world by being the nice guy.  I hear everyone on HOW he goes about his business being not how I’d handle it, but WHY and THAT he’s trying to get everything he can for the country is a good thing.  

You think the US has wasted their time in the past decade or so being the nice guy ? Hahahahahahaha. Yah. Okay.

Trudeau said it best when he spoke to Donald thinking the only good trade deal for the US was one where it has clearly 'won' the deal like a sporting event (adding that good trade deals benefit both partners... not just one partner... and this is where Donald's life of taking advantage of people is his undoing).

I am curious to see how his 'trade war' works for American citizens. If that's how he wants to play then so be it. Canada will take its share of hits, but we're prepared if that's the way it has to be. We'll survive. Will America's heartland?

https://www.macleans.ca/economy/trumps-heartland-biggest-losers-if-nafta-collapses-says-business-group/
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I wish I recall who I read this from...but it has been suggested that he doesn’t believe in mutually-beneficial deals.  So he’s always trying to screw the other side.  That’s a bad starting point.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97 said:
    I wish I recall who I read this from...but it has been suggested that he doesn’t believe in mutually-beneficial deals.  So he’s always trying to screw the other side.  That’s a bad starting point.

Lol

See my post above your post.
    OnWis97 said:
    I agree with that.  I think any attempt to better one’s position is a good thing.

Come on.

You think the US has wasted their time in the past decade or so being the nice guy ? Hahahahahahaha. Yah. Okay.

Trudeau said it best when he spoke to Donald thinking the only good trade deal for the US was one where it has clearly 'won' the deal like a sporting event (adding that good trade deals benefit both partners... not just one partner... and this is where Donald's life of taking advantage of people is his undoing).

I am curious to see how his 'trade war' works for American citizens. If that's how he wants to play then so be it. Canada will take its share of hits, but we're prepared if that's the way it has to be. We'll survive. Will America's heartland?

https://www.macleans.ca/economy/trumps-heartland-biggest-losers-if-nafta-collapses-says-business-group/
    Sending billions of dollars to further terrorism is pretty nice.  Avoiding conflict with anyone and apologizing to the world seems pretty nice to me. Those were tactics of the last admin, right?

as far as the trade war goes, everyone’s going to take their lumps, for sure.  Will it better things in the future? Who knows, we’ll see.  Better to try and fail than to not try at all.

Come on.

Sending billions of dollars to further terrorism is pretty nice.  Avoiding conflict with anyone and apologizing to the world seems pretty nice to me. Those were tactics of the last admin, right?

as far as the trade war goes, everyone’s going to take their lumps, for sure.  Will it better things in the future? Who knows, we’ll see.  Better to try and fail than to not try at all.
    Better to try what? Weren't things going well for the US? Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone- if it ain't broke...
    They agreed that the target is 2% by 2024. I don’t believe it’s 2024 yet, therefore it’s incorrect to say they haven’t met their spending obligations. 
    That is why I said "have not met their spending obligations that they agreed to regarding the military YET". 

Oftenmisreading ;)
    hippiemom = goodness

Come on.

Better to try what? Weren't things going well for the US? Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone- if it ain't broke...

Come on.

That’s never a good option- that’s how things fall apart.  Always be trying to get better, right? Complacency may as well be going backwards.  We can agree to disagree, that’s what makes discussion interesting.  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    That is why I said "have not met their spending obligations that they agreed to regarding the military YET". 

Oftenmisreading ;)
    No, your phrasing still mid-characterizes it. When you say that they “haven’t met their obligations yet”, it suggests that they are deficient in some way at this point, when in fact it is not even an obligation yet  - it is a goal to be met by 2024. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Oftenmisreading ;)
    No, your phrasing still mid-characterizes it. When you say that they “haven’t met their obligations yet”, it suggests that they are deficient in some way at this point, when in fact it is not even an obligation yet  - it is a goal to be met by 2024. 
    Look at the article I posted with the chart.  They were no on track.  Not even close.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited July 2018

Does it say anything about how they released Americans that were being held in captivity though? Small steps lead to success, gotta appreciate getting anything at all from little rocket man.

Oh Mr. ModelsinBood,

No it doesn't mention that. It doesn't do anything but butter up our dear narcissistic leader.

Talking is better than not talking, sure. But talking at the absolute highest level of our government and giving NK what they've always wanted, validation on the grandest of stages, without getting anything substantial in return is not exactly a method for success and makes the US look quite weak in response.

This was billed as Trump getting Kim to agree to a complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and it has turned out to be anything but. They didn't agree to anything new. Plus Trump agreed to stop our military exercise with SK.

It was a photo op with a dictator. Nobel Prize! Nobel Prize!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Trump got played like a sucker...

Keep cheering

Trumps "fans" clearly dont understand soft power, they just like it when a pussy billionaire talks tough over Twitter like a teenager... how many deferments was that Donny  because your old man was rich? Manhattan socialite born with a silver spoon turned tough guy and man of the people? Suckers
This discussion has been closed.