*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin said:
    The Fixer said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wild night. Trying to recruit the Greek Freak by drafting his brother?  I know I haven't been watching as much NCAA basketball as I used to but man I didn't see many of these guys play, including Smith and the 26th pick.
    since they traded him I don't think so.  lol

Love what they did last night.  Adding some guards hopefully means a reduced role for McConnell.  I don't have to root for Nova dorks (my nova hatred aside, I don't think bridges is anything special.  dude is 22 and weighs 100 pounds.  guess they don't have weight rooms on the main line).  And they pick up a major future asset while clearing cap space for free agent runs.  I think they are going to go hard after kawhi -- if that happens, I could see the GOAT coming here as a free agent.  Gonna be an interesting next few weeks...
    Funny, I can't even keep up with the trades
    the reporting on the second round of the nba draft is pretty terrible.  it's almost like no one cares once the first round ends
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer said:
    JK_Livin said:
    The Fixer said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wild night. Trying to recruit the Greek Freak by drafting his brother?  I know I haven't been watching as much NCAA basketball as I used to but man I didn't see many of these guys play, including Smith and the 26th pick.
    since they traded him I don't think so.  lol

Love what they did last night.  Adding some guards hopefully means a reduced role for McConnell.  I don't have to root for Nova dorks (my nova hatred aside, I don't think bridges is anything special.  dude is 22 and weighs 100 pounds.  guess they don't have weight rooms on the main line).  And they pick up a major future asset while clearing cap space for free agent runs.  I think they are going to go hard after kawhi -- if that happens, I could see the GOAT coming here as a free agent.  Gonna be an interesting next few weeks...
    Funny, I can't even keep up with the trades
    the reporting on the second round of the nba draft is pretty terrible.  it's almost like no one cares once the first round ends
    Oh yeah. I went to bed and just saw the alert on my phone when I woke up.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited June 2018
    Yup, Fultz has/had(?) the YIPS(NO surprise, really.)

You think Ben Simmons SHOULD be there, working with Hanlen? I do.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/skills-trainer-drew-hanlen-76ers-guard-markelle-fultz-yips-completely-forgot-shoot-204147182.html?__twitter_impression=true&guccounter=1

Post edited by cutz on
    and the big winner from the NBA awards................................................................................

Image result for amir johnson HUSTLE AWARD
    suck on that!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

538 seems to think the Sixers would make the most sense for Lebron

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-lebron-james-decision-making-machine/

The Philadelphia 76ers don’t offer James the best odds of winning a title during his next contract, nor do they provide his best narrative potential. But the Sixers are the team with the best mix of both factors — and that’s why, out of all 30 possible destinations, Philadelphia should be LeBron’s next home.

The Sixers have an unmatched base of budding talent in center Joel Embiid and point guard Ben Simmons — the closest thing the NBA has to the Orlando Magic’s Shaquille O’Neal/Penny Hardaway tandem of yesteryear. They also boast improving young forward Dario Saric, 2017 No. 1 overall pick Markelle Fultz and unsung supporting star (at least, in the eyes of the advanced metrics) Robert Covington. And Philly has the cap space to sign James outright if it can find a taker for Jerryd Bayless’s expiring contract and perhaps either Justin Anderson or Richaun Holmes in related trades. So to bring LeBron aboard, it wouldn’t have to gut its entire roster (but would probably have to sacrifice pending free-agent shooter JJ Redick).

The Sixers also have a strong narrative argument to present The King. Philly ranks among the league’s most historic franchises, having won the third-most games of any NBA club ever (trailing only the Celtics and Lakers). Yet LeBron would be no bandwagon-jumper if he signed there — the team hasn’t won an NBA title since 1983, when another former MVP (Moses Malone) joined forces with Julius Erving and company to win a championship. According to our straw poll, Philadelphia had the fourth-best legacy-building potential for LeBron of any team in the league, in addition to the third-best championship potential. For our money, that’s a difficult combo to beat.

Yes, there are real concerns about how Simmons, a ball-dominant point guard who literally never shoots 3-pointers, would coexist with James, who has tended to run his own show with the ball (and who had to work years to refine his shooting touch). Fultz was a mess most of his rookie season, Embiid has a long history of injuries (plus his personality is an acquired taste), and the team is rolling with coach Brett Brown as GM right now, after Bryan Colangelo resigned amid a scandal involving burner Twitter accounts. But every destination has its flaws. Philly gives James the best combination of championship potential and possible upside for his brand as an all-time NBA legend. That’s why, this time around, LeBron should take his talents to South Broad.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^^Makes sense to me^^^^

But, if Paul George or Leonard end up with the Lakers, i think LeBron James will go too.

I HOPE George stays for the money in OKC & the Spurs don't trade Leonard in the next week or so. Unless, the 76ers get Leonard?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    “playoff p” is not going to make a difference anywhere.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Maybe post it a fourth time?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    There were reports a while back that Portland might want to move on from McCollum. He’s another guy who can create his own shot and would fit in really well here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Looks like Lebron is making a decision on Tuesday. His reps meeting with Sixers reps right now. 

Pretty crazy huh?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    You literally give up whatever it takes outside of he two obviously 
    “WE ARE STAR HUNTING”

Get ‘em Bret!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I’ve seen Cov, Dario and the ‘21 pick is what they might be offering
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Fultz has to be in that 
    Fultz has to be in that 
    I don’t know. Other reports were saying Ben, Jo and Fultz are all untouchable..
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Fultz has to be in that 
    Lol, you think the Sixers would turn down embiid, simons, kawhi and Lebron over Markelle Fucking fultz? That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard...as long as Lebron is coming too. Not just for one year of kawhi 
    edited July 2018
    Fultz has to be in that 
    Lol, you think the Sixers would turn down embiid, simons, kawhi and Lebron over Markelle Fucking fultz? That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard...as long as Lebron is coming too. Not just for one year of kawhi 
    Take it up with Adrian Wojnarowski

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.libertyballers.com/platform/amp/2018/7/1/17523062/sixers-reluctant-to-include-core-3-players-in-potential-kawhi-leonard-trade-joel-embiid-ben-simmons
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I’m saying from a Sixers perspective. You can’t let fultz hold up that team haha.
    That fucking sucks 
    edited July 2018
    I said it a year or so ago, but he was never leaving Cleveland for anything but New York or LA. That’s all It comes down to
    Good. I can continue to hate Lebron. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    at least he went to the west. it's Sixers and Celtics in the East now.

and holding up a trade for Leonard because you don't want to give up nut job Markell Fultz is asinine. Like arguing not giving up Kyle Drabek in a trade for Roy Halladay...yes I remember there were lots of people in Philly using that logic back in the day.
    JJ back for 13M. Good move.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    JJ back for 13M. Good move.
    i like that move.  Hoping they can somehow still get Leonard.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Jonah Bolden coming over...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I like what the Sixers have done after their swing and misses. Get rid of Holmes and Bayless now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I hope the Sixers do not pick up Carmello
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA