Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    This has got to be the best stretch of basketball Embiid’s ever played. Last month or so since coming back from Covid. Just unstoppable. 
    He is going to need some serious help come playoff time though.  

It always gets crazy different during the playoffs.
    Of course. This is just a weird year because of the Simmons shit. If there is a trade at the deadline, it usually takes time for the new players to develop chemistry and stuff too. 

He's been playing out of his mind lately though. Every aspect of his game is on another level right now. 
    I really like him and his game.  I want him to have a go to guy so he can advance in the playoffs.  I rooted for them and then they shit the bed...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    If only our former point guard would've been able to do things like this...

It always astounds me to see a team allow that to happen with a player like Embiid.
    Send a defender at him so he has to give the ball up in the backcourt (or maybe you get a turnover), you can't just let a guy who isn't a natural ball handler stroll up floor uncontested like that. But then again, Houston.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited January 2022
    Poncier said:
    If only our former point guard would've been able to do things like this...

It always astounds me to see a team allow that to happen with a player like Embiid.
    Send a defender at him so he has to give the ball up in the backcourt (or maybe you get a turnover), you can't just let a guy who isn't a natural ball handler stroll up floor uncontested like that. But then again, Houston.
    Yeah seems like an easy thing to stop. But maybe it's just because no other big can really do this that it just catches teams off guard. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    edited January 2022
    So I think the Sixers do something before the deadline, but I don't think that involves Ben. I was thinking about it - but the Sixers gain a ton of leverage once the deadline passes. At that point he can't be traded and he's backed into a corner right? Basically at that point he just ends up losing sooooo much money the rest of the way if he doesn't play.
  • Options
    So I think the Sixers do something before the deadline, but I don't think that involves Ben. I was thinking about it - but the Sixers gain a ton of leverage once the deadline passes. At that point he can't be traded and he's backed into a corner right? Basically at that point he just ends up losing sooooo much money the rest of the way if he doesn't play.
    You really want that cancer playing on your team?  He left them high n dry.  I don’t see much chemistry there now.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Right...so the solution is to lose Ben Simmons for most of the regular season where he's a huge asset and gain him for they playoffs where he's a liability?
  • Options
    Who said he is coming back? And who said he's a cancer (other than media, and the perception of fans?). Seems like the team has moved forward, but all accounts from what I've read is the players would welcome him back (i.e. if he's here to play great, if not then out of sight out of mind).

They're not getting anything back in a trade that would remotely give you a net-positive/equal result in team performance. And by all accounts doesn't look like Morey is willing to move him for the sake of just moving him. I'm just saying let Ben lie in the bed he has made, and the path back isn't to hit the reset button. It's unprecedented that a guy fresh off of signing a max contract decides to dig in his heels. 

At the end of the day - I just don't see another scenario where he isn't forced to come back.
  • Options
    Who said he is coming back? And who said he's a cancer (other than media, and the perception of fans?). Seems like the team has moved forward, but all accounts from what I've read is the players would welcome him back (i.e. if he's here to play great, if not then out of sight out of mind).

They're not getting anything back in a trade that would remotely give you a net-positive/equal result in team performance. And by all accounts doesn't look like Morey is willing to move him for the sake of just moving him. I'm just saying let Ben lie in the bed he has made, and the path back isn't to hit the reset button. It's unprecedented that a guy fresh off of signing a max contract decides to dig in his heels. 

At the end of the day - I just don't see another scenario where he isn't forced to come back.
    I see a Boston Kyrie scenario coming.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Unexpected things tend to happen around the deadline .Still have a month until that arrives.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'd say the difference there is Kyrie played out his contract and was capable of deciding exactly where he went next. Looks like Ben's gonna be waiting until 2025.
  • Options
    I'd say the difference there is Kyrie played out his contract and was capable of deciding exactly where he went next. Looks like Ben's gonna be waiting until 2025.
    Right. This is a very different situation than what we had here in Boston with Kyrie.
  • Options
    What I meant was nobody wanted to play w Kyrie he wasn’t a good fit after a while.

• Options
    It was more of Kyrie didn't want to play with the young guys and felt disrespected by the attention they were getting.
    It wasn't the other guys on the team not wanting to play with Kyrie. It was all Kyrie.
    There was a game in Orlando when the Celts had the ball down 2 with a few seconds left and the inbounds pass went to Tatum for the last shot and Kyrie was standing outside the 3-point line expecting the ball would naturally go to him. I think that was the day he decided he was leaving Boston. His body language was telling.

Watch the very end of the clip the angle from the opposite basket where Kyrie throws his arms out in disgust after the inbounds pass, before Tatum even shoots.
    https://youtu.be/JTq0Qxgvo38

A month later he was spotted at the All Star game talking to KD in the infamous "2 max slots" discussion which led to them teaming up on the Nets.
    Kyrie didn't feel he got the respect/reverence he deserved in Boston from his younger teammates (and probably Stevens as well).
  • Options
    A point guard who’s put in the work to improve his game. What a concept. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The kid is good.
    It's unfortunate that the Celtics pregame meal was nothing but turnovers, what a horrible showing.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    I wanted Embiid to break the record, but at the same time it’s kind of neat that he’s now sharing it with Wilt and AI. Quite the trio. 

It’s so amazing how you can see exactly what Embiid has been practicing from year to year based on his play. Last year it was the ridiculous mid-range game. This year it’s his passing and overall point guard skills. The way he has been going coast-to-coast or even running the offense in the half court has been really special to watch. 
  • Options
    Oh, and the crossovers have been sick as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Record would've been cool.....sitting him the entire 4th and being rested for tonight and a win would've been better. Gonna be a tough one tonight. 

Yeah it's nice to share it with Wilt and AI but I wouldn't be surprised if he'll end up being the only Sixer to do it twice at some point though...

21-9 w/a non Covid infected JOJO. That's a 57 win team when healthy. TTP....
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    Did someone say 3-point shooting is improved by practicing? Crazy.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I'm gonna jinx this game probably, but this team is absolutely rolling right now.
  • Options
    Joel “Mr. Big Choke” Embiid

-returns to game with 8:41 remaining, Sixers up 2 on the 2nd night of a road back-to-back against the 2nd best team in the east

-goes for 13 points on 5/6 shooting in the 4th, Sixers win by 11

I’m just bummed that he played so well that he didn’t get the chance to take a buzzer beater, to prove he’s clutch. 

At least he’s funny though.

• Options
    ...Matisse, Green, and Shake out as well.

This may have beat out the Nets game for best win of the year. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    edited January 2022
    RiotZact said:

-returns to game with 8:41 remaining, Sixers up 2 on the 2nd night of a road back-to-back against the 2nd best team in the east

I’m just bummed that he played so well that he didn’t get the chance to take a buzzer beater, to prove he’s clutch. 

7 point game at the 5 minute mark so not clutch tonight according to Jugglers fav new stat 👍
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

Ah, yes he is hilarious. That is clearly why we like him. Man, he just took that game over in the 2nd half, didn't he? Absolute Beast. Probably has played his way back into the MVP talk since he's come back. 

SO....minus our "all star" point guard who cannot shoot, at the halfway point in the season and we are 2.5 games out of the 1 seed and winning about 70% of the games a non Covid Embiid plays in. Not too shabby, folks. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Forgot they had a day game today. Got home and it was halftime. They never really got it too close. :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hield, Haliburton, Barnes, and a first for Ben and Tobias? Pompey was saying 2 firsts and Thybulle but I don't want to lose him at this point. Maybe you toss in Shake or just take one first. 

That is something that might be doable for me...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This is insane
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So fucking good.

This guy said (re: Ben), "man, Im done talking about that guy unless he wants to be here and play. Otherwise I'm gonna take this team on my back." And that's exactly what he's gone on to do. It's amazing.
  • Options
    Couldn’t get 10 bucks a pop for my tickets tonight so decided to just go. Best no sell ever.

Just saw that in less than 28 minutes Embiid averaged 1.85 points per minute. Kobe averaged 1.92 in his 81 point game.

And did I mention the comedic chops on this guy!!!
  • Options
    A few updates:

8th most points per minute in a game ever (minimum 25 minutes played. Go figure, he almost didn’t qualify)

Fewest amount of minutes played in a 50+ point, 10+ rebound game in the shot clock era.