2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• I'm looking forward to Ken Taylor's poster. Loved the one he did for Eddie with the windmills
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Waiting for the 10c comments on today's poster
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Not really liking this poster
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I kind of like it, but would not hang it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Christ, that looks like something from Dungeons & Dragons shit.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    pdalowsky said:
    Pragues merch desks were the worst I have ever encountered. 

No stickers or pins outside, and only early entry secured me a couple, but even that was close. It was absolutely crazy. First time I ever came away with out a poster too, but grabbed the AP. Kinda glad now, as they ran out of tubes inside within 5 minutes of opening - many many folk had posters in GA without a tube.....
    Same! Got the AP but I think only because of the whole GMT thing...
    First time I couldn't get an event tee... Had to remind myself it's about the music for about 10 minutes..... Then - what a show!!!
    Still in search of the shirt though...!
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    pdalowsky said:
    Pragues merch desks were the worst I have ever encountered. 

No stickers or pins outside, and only early entry secured me a couple, but even that was close. It was absolutely crazy. First time I ever came away with out a poster too, but grabbed the AP. Kinda glad now, as they ran out of tubes inside within 5 minutes of opening - many many folk had posters in GA without a tube.....
    I didn't get there until later. Was the problem the low volume of show specific merch or just too many people wanting to buy it?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    16 year old me would love this. I'm 43. Its ok, still better than an orange ape or something.
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Don´t really like it. Hope for a mich better for Berlin. 
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    It’s the Krakow dragon, Smok. Legend has it that Smok was eating all the sheep and all the virgins until they were almost all gone (might have been other reasons for the virgins to be all gone, too; who knows). Krak slew the dragon with trickery, won the princess’ hand, and founded Krakow. 

(I learned all this at the castle today :lol:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    RS65573 said:
    16 year old me would love this. I'm 43. Its ok, still better than an orange ape or something.
    Depends on the shade of orange.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

me too.

better than some of the crap that passed for posters on this leg.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836

"may I present to you the basilisk, please dawn your goggles if you wish to resist."  sorry, it's a Clutch lyric.  everyone have an amazing show and stay safe.  :)

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    It's interesting how certain tours (in retrospect) seem to have significantly better posters. There hasn't been one on this Euro tour that I would buy let alone frame. I know it's all subjective, but when I compare these to the last US tour, I find them to be collectively weak (at least in my opinion) . On the 2016 US tour, I went to 14 shows and ended up with 13 posters: the Sperry mermaid, Columbia Taylor (Fruitbat), the Kentucky 6 (even Ames nailed it!), the NYC Owl & Double Dragons, Quebec Totem, Toronto Blue Jay, Klausen orange sea-lady(?), Philly Emek, Emek Ride (Balloons), the Catch, and the Klausen Wrigley (also picked up the Biowerkz Pemberton, but in hindsight don't love that one...but the show was surreal..completely awe-inspiring to hear songs like Release in that mountain valley with towering peaks above).
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • I have an extra Padova for a krakow if anyone’s going to Berlin and wants to trade 
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    lolobugg said:

me too.

You mean like an 80's glam band poster that has a lion with an oozing butthole on its forehead.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    lolobugg said:

me too.

You mean like an 80's glam band poster that has a lion with an oozing butthole on its forehead.
    YOU have an oozing butthole on YOUR forehead!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:

me too.

Mic drop...
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited July 2018
    That very well may be my least favorite poster ever made for any band ever. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    ComeToTX said:
    That very well may be my least favorite poster ever made for any band ever. 
    :lol:
  • angel0914angel0914 Posts: 1
    rollandf said:
    The flowers are from moravian folklore.
    I'm a bit late, but yes these ornaments are typical for the folklore of Moravia region as well as Slovakia. 
    Folklore customs used to be a very important part of people's lives, it was a way for the nation to come together and relax from the hard work on the field, enjoy themselves to all sorts of regional music in the company of their family and friends during seasonal events.

In a same kind of way, people in the 21st century come together to celebrate life and enjoy themselves during a music concert. It's a gathering of people, for whom the music speaks of their issues and struggles, or serves as an expression of joy or anger, exactly just like in the past.

Now I am not sure if that is exactly what Matt Taylor had in mind when creating this piece, but either way, while it may be insignificant to foreigners, the story this poster tells hits home for every proud local of the former Czechoslovakia.
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    Besides posters, pins, and stickers, what has the band been selling for merch this tour?
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:

me too.

That's what I get for hanging out with you. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Besides posters, pins, and stickers, what has the band been selling for merch this tour?
    My favorite item of this tour is the Safe Travels keychain!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    angel0914 said:
    rollandf said:
    The flowers are from moravian folklore.
    I'm a bit late, but yes these ornaments are typical for the folklore of Moravia region as well as Slovakia. 
    Folklore customs used to be a very important part of people's lives, it was a way for the nation to come together and relax from the hard work on the field, enjoy themselves to all sorts of regional music in the company of their family and friends during seasonal events.

In a same kind of way, people in the 21st century come together to celebrate life and enjoy themselves during a music concert. It's a gathering of people, for whom the music speaks of their issues and struggles, or serves as an expression of joy or anger, exactly just like in the past.

Now I am not sure if that is exactly what Matt Taylor had in mind when creating this piece, but either way, while it may be insignificant to foreigners, the story this poster tells hits home for every proud local of the former Czechoslovakia.

I also like how those flowers form an acoustic guitar. Glad I was able to score an AP, as it was impossible to score one at the venue. Usually I'm not that fond of flower-y stuff, but I really like this one.
    And you learn something new every day. I always thought that GMT was always the correct timezone for the UK, never knew that it didn't have daylight savings time in summer (thought only UTC had that). So CET (Central European Time) is always 1 hour ahead of most of Europe, so I was ready at 11:00. And yes, that would be 5:00 on the east coast of US/Canada.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I have an extra Padova for a krakow if anyone’s going to Berlin and wants to trade 
    Poster? How is no one hopping on this?
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    derbydave said:
    My favorite item of this tour is the Safe Travels keychain!!

Hope they bring them to the US. That's about the only thing I would really love to have. Always wished I had gotten the previous version.
  • I have an extra Padova for a krakow if anyone’s going to Berlin and wants to trade 
    Poster? How is no one hopping on this?
    Yup. Poster for a poster. Meet me in Berlin and let’s  trade.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314