#WalkAway is real

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    DPrival78 said:
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:
    Russian bots are responsible for everything we don’t like. No one actually disagrees with any mainstream liberal position on their own.  Or if they do, they’re a bigoted, redneck, nazi simpleton.   

You got it, that's exactly what I said lol

Sorry dude, I don't take Trump supporters seriously. I'm old enough to remember he has been a fucking clown my entire life. 
    Not you specifically, but that generally sums up a lot of people’s take.  And you’re not going to get an argument from me about him being a clown.  However there are many of what people call “Trump supporters” out there who are not about the individual himself.   Personally, I think the guy is a lowlife.  But so are 99% of politicians..

And this true for both/all sides..  the collective judgement or dismissal of those who see the world differently that goes on is not exactly doing positive things for the country.   The division is what’s going to get us, not Trump.
    Politicians are mostly pretty scummy, yes (but not all of them - not 99% of them). There's a big difference between being a regular lowlife politician and Trump though. Regular lowlife politicians aren't usually sexual predators, don't normally want to fuck their daughters, don't defend taking kids away from their parents and imprisoning them, and don't call the news media the enemy of the people, and call human beings an infestation. They also mostly wouldn't conduct White House business, including international affairs, via Twitter. And they mostly wouldn't be starting trade wars with allies and calling allied leaders names online, while making friends with the totalitarian dictators of the world. You do seem to be working rather hard to try and minimize how much worse Trump is compared to the vast majority of his cohorts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    edited June 2018
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:
    Russian bots are responsible for everything we don’t like. No one actually disagrees with any mainstream liberal position on their own.  Or if they do, they’re a bigoted, redneck, nazi simpleton.   

I'm looking to focus and vote for female, non-white, non-christian candidates. Something tells me Republicans wont have a lot to offer for me lol
    If someone on here said they were voting for male, white, christian candidates only then they would be attacked as misogynist, racist, religious zealots. Say the opposite and it seems fine in this echo chamber.
    Don’t be shy, blast away. Within forum rules of course. And let me guess, your freedom of speech is being restricted?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Every defender of Trump keeps saying it was a choice between Trump or Hillary.
    But in reality, Republicans could have had somebody else running against her. But Republicans went low from the get go and embraced a bigoted fool to lead the party. His presidency was not solely about Hillary. Republicans voters own this one. People need to stop acting as if he just somehow appeared out of nowhere to run against Hillary.
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

I'm looking to focus and vote for female, non-white, non-christian candidates. Something tells me Republicans wont have a lot to offer for me lol
    If someone on here said they were voting for male, white, christian candidates only then they would be attacked as misogynist, racist, religious zealots. Say the opposite and it seems fine in this echo chamber.
    Don’t be shy, blast away. Within forum rules of course. And let me guess, your freedom of speech is being restricted?
    Pretty sure my statement is clear, no "free speech" strawman is necessary.
    edited June 2018
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Only if that white male Christian was actually also homophobic, racist, and/or misogynist and intended to try and contribute to the creation of or changing of laws towards those beliefs, or had some other crazy ideas that threatened other people's freedoms. If you said you were voting for someone with those views, then yeah, you would be accused of that because it would appear to simply be true. Why else would you vote for such a person? If you think people here would just make those assumptions and ignore the facts (say the person wasn't any of those things), then I completely disagree with you. People here don't mind white Christian males if they aren't hateful bigots out to control people in ways they don't want to be controlled (and in ways that we believe are unconstitutional).

By the way, this #walkaway thing is obviously pretty much nothing. It's not a movement. It's just a hashtag that way more right wingers care about than anyone thinking about what more liberal party to vote for.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    HELLO?

hello?
    hello?
    hello?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

there's a good reason for that. christian, not so much, but white and male, yeah, the consistent message is pretty clear on that. that group has never been oppressed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    DPrival78 said:
    Everyone is free to support who they want for the reasons they want, of course.  If the key qualification is a candidate’s skin color, gender, or other immutable characteristic, over their ideas as an individual human being, well.. I think that’s a big reason for the divide these days.  

I vaguely remember someone, sometime, saying something about hoping for a time when we can judge people by the content of their character over their skin color.  Some might say we’re moving in the wrong direction on that front..

What the wrong direction is is when you say trump is a lowlife, but then go through the process of minimizing and rationalizing him and his actions. He isn’t just like all the others, and it’s not both sides. trump has a worse character than nearly every politician out there. The level of corruption with him is unprecedented. If you like what he’s doing, well then fine. I say like what he’s doing while also holding the thought in your brain about how corrupt he is at the same time. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    you could use the both sides argument if the president were nearly any one of the other republican nominees. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    eddiec said:
    But in reality, Republicans could have had somebody else running against her. But Republicans went low from the get go and embraced a bigoted fool to lead the party. His presidency was not solely about Hillary. Republicans voters own this one. People need to stop acting as if he just somehow appeared out of nowhere to run against Hillary.
    Trump was embraced by the GOP?  
    DPrival78 said:
    Everyone is free to support who they want for the reasons they want, of course.  If the key qualification is a candidate’s skin color, gender, or other immutable characteristic, over their ideas as an individual human being, well.. I think that’s a big reason for the divide these days.  

I vaguely remember someone, sometime, saying something about hoping for a time when we can judge people by the content of their character over their skin color.  Some might say we’re moving in the wrong direction on that front..
    What the wrong direction is is when you say trump is a lowlife, but then go through the process of minimizing and rationalizing him and his actions. He isn’t just like all the others, and it’s not both sides. trump has a worse character than nearly every politician out there. The level of corruption with him is unprecedented. If you like what he’s doing, well then fine. I say like what he’s doing while also holding the thought in your brain about how corrupt he is at the same time. 
    There's a lot of subjectivity there.. I don't know if his character is "worse" than everyone else or if he's corrupt at an "unprecedented" level (we're talking American politics here..).  His character sucks and I'm sure he's corrupt.  As as corrupt as his opponent in '16? Eh.. who knows. 

As I've said, I don't like the guy personally.   But him being elected had a ton less to do with him as a person, and more to do with A. people being fed up with both parties, and B. a lot of people thinking that country had gone too far to the left.  Trump is the backlash to those two things.  

i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    DPrival78 said:
    eddiec said:
    DPrival78 said:

There's a lot of subjectivity there.. I don't know if his character is "worse" than everyone else or if he's corrupt at an "unprecedented" level (we're talking American politics here..).  His character sucks and I'm sure he's corrupt.  As as corrupt as his opponent in '16? Eh.. who knows. 

As I've said, I don't like the guy personally.   But him being elected had a ton less to do with him as a person, and more to do with A. people being fed up with both parties, and B. a lot of people thinking that country had gone too far to the left.  Trump is the backlash to those two things.  

Who knows who is more corrupt? Anyone who researches Clinton’s past and trump’s past and then compares the two. 
    DPrival78 said:
    eddiec said:
    DPrival78 said:

Who knows who is more corrupt? Anyone who researches Clinton’s past and trump’s past and then compares the two. 
    Exactly, lol. It's not hard to determine this.
    Again, subjective. You guys think the Clintons are saints?   Or is there some acceptable threshold of corruption for our politicians? 
    edited June 2018
    DPrival78 said:
    Again, subjective. You guys think the Clintons are saints?   Or is there some acceptable threshold of corruption for our politicians? 
    I'm not talking about subjective stuff at all, and I don't think Go Beavers is either. We're talking about verifiable facts about both of them.
    And did we say we think the Clintons are saints?? We're just saying that Trump is way, way worse. In a lot of different ways, not just in terms of corruption.
    Hmmm.  Let's do a poll and rate Hillary and Trump on a Saintliness Scale from -10 to +10
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited June 2018
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Pretty sure my statement is clear, no "free speech" strawman is necessary.
    Then why not criticize the opposite rather than bemoan the opposite and add to the “echo?”                                                                       
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:
    Hmmm.  Let's do a poll and rate Hillary and Trump on a Saintliness Scale from -10 to +10

I think the facts speak for themselves. =)
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

I think the facts speak for themselves. =)
    I think it would be cool if Hillary and Trump both got out of politics and went on SNL once and a while doing skits looking just like there are in those photos as the goddess vs the devil. :lol:

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited June 2018
    Walk away walk away
    https://youtu.be/jv51LO7NOTo
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Sounds sexist and racist.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Does it? What if you happen to feel that those perspectives are unrepresented in government?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Does it? What if you happen to feel that those perspectives are unrepresented in government?
    What’s the proper amount of representation? And what perspectives deserve that amount of representation?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited June 2018
    Doesn't change that it is sexist and racist.
    I'm looking to focus and vote for biocentric candidates who also care about social justice. Something tells me Republicans wont have a lot to offer for me lol

So what kind of hate group does that place me in?

Lots of different points of view out there.. If only there was a way to allow them all to freely exist without having an enormous federal govt imposing just a few of them on everyone. 
    DPrival78 said:
    Lots of different points of view out there.. If only there was a way to allow them all to freely exist without having an enormous federal govt imposing just a few of them on everyone. 
    Pretty much impossible.  Johnny had some ideas though:

Careful.. John has also said some pretty triggering things about Don
    DPrival78 said:
    Has Hillary ever been indicted? Found to have commited perjury? Or obstruct Justice? Lose civil suits or declare bankruptcy or refuse to pay vendors for services provided?

Brilliantati©
    DPrival78 said:
    Careful.. John has also said some pretty triggering things about Don
    Mr. Lydon always speaks his mind... and tells no lies!

DPrival78 said:
    Has Hillary ever been indicted? Found to have commited perjury? Or obstruct Justice? Lose civil suits or declare bankruptcy or refuse to pay vendors for services provided?
    It helps having the FBI bail you out..

How about her role in Libya, Syria, Iraq.. and the millions of lives that have either been negatively impacted or flat out ended?  Or the resulting migrant crisis?    

Clinton foundation shenangans?

She should up for sainthood any day now