Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    what is it?
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    People ditching the dems
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    It's real.  Bono proved it.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

=) 

if anyone knows what’s up, it’s bono
    DPrival78 said:
     =) 

if anyone knows what’s up, it’s bono
    :plus_one:

Only problem is, this movement could prove to be like walk the wrong way on a moving walkway.  Are they really getting anywhere?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Another cool from FROM THE LEFT:

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sweet, more fake social media bullshit. I wonder how many Russian bots are working on this?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    LOL.  Gullible, easily manipulated minds of conservatives being massaged by Russian bots.

so easily duped.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    this a dumb movement.  its the Candace Owens crowd.  look her up.  she is dumb.
    Russian bots are responsible for everything we don’t like. No one actually disagrees with any mainstream liberal position on their own.  Or if they do, they’re a bigoted, redneck, nazi simpleton.   

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2018
    DPrival78 said:
    Russian bots are responsible for everything we don’t like. No one actually disagrees with any mainstream liberal position on their own.  Or if they do, they’re a bigoted, redneck, nazi simpleton.   

You got it, that's exactly what I said lol

Sorry dude, I don't take Trump supporters seriously. I'm old enough to remember he has been a fucking clown my entire life that doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the Oval Office. 

A country of 300 million and this is the best we can do? What a joke

I wont be leaving the Dems, I'll be a mostly straight ticket voter the next two elections that focuses on female candidates. Especially since Republicans in my state just voted NO to marijuana legalization, fuck em.

I'm looking to focus and vote for female, non-white, non-christian candidates. Something tells me Republicans wont have a lot to offer for me lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Sorry dude, I don't take Trump supporters seriously. I'm old enough to remember he has been a fucking clown my entire life. 
    Not you specifically, but that generally sums up a lot of people’s take.  And you’re not going to get an argument from me about him being a clown.  However there are many of what people call “Trump supporters” out there who are not about the individual himself.   Personally, I think the guy is a lowlife.  But so are 99% of politicians..

And this true for both/all sides..  the collective judgement or dismissal of those who see the world differently that goes on is not exactly doing positive things for the country.   The division is what’s going to get us, not Trump.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    DPrival78 said:
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Sorry dude, I don't take Trump supporters seriously. I'm old enough to remember he has been a fucking clown my entire life. 
    Not you specifically, but that generally sums up a lot of people’s take.  And you’re not going to get an argument from me about him being a clown.  However there are many of what people call “Trump supporters” out there who are not about the individual himself.   Personally, I think the guy is a lowlife.  But so are 99% of politicians..

And this true for both/all sides..  the collective judgement or dismissal of those who see the world differently that goes on is not exactly doing positive things for the country.   The division is what’s going to get us, not Trump.

Trump may not have invented division, but as a role model who justifies 'fear of otherness' at all opportunities, he's become a catalyst, and is exacerbating a growing trend. 

If anyone has a few minutes to spare, check out https://ncase.me/polygons/ and try the Parable of the Polygons, a great little web game that illustrates what's needed to destroy divisiveness. 

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DPrival78 said:
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

no, it isn't. not in the context of trump. he has lowered the bar so much it's in the fucking dirt. and the republicans have accepted him and are lowering their own bars on a daily basis, because they see the results. and they don't give a shit about the means. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Well I think we’ll have to agree to disagree there.  There are many on the left who have “gone low” as well.   
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DPrival78 said:
    Well I think we’ll have to agree to disagree there.  There are many on the left who have “gone low” as well.   
    I have seen a few. Maxine Waters being one, at least the most recent one. Can you think of any other examples?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DPrival78 said:

You have some very fine people on both sides!

I'll say this: if you voted for McDonald because you always vote republican no matter what... and you have discovered that the guy you propped up does not represent your values... and you curse the day he assumed the presidency... then fair enough.

If you voted for McDonald because you always vote republican no matter what... and you think he's doing a fantastic job representing your values... and are proud of his efforts as a president... then you are (to use your words) a bigoted, redneck, nazi simpleton.

Of course there is going to be division when scenario 2 is the situation and for good reason. The 'middle way' for scenario 2 means someone with intelligence, tolerance, and empathy compromising these attributes to find common ground. Why the f**k would someone do that?  
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I thought this thread was about dropping a jar of spaghetti sauce.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    DPrival78 said:

I'll say this: if you voted for McDonald because you always vote republican no matter what... and you have discovered that the guy you propped up does not represent your values... and you curse the day he assumed the presidency... then fair enough.

If you voted for McDonald because you always vote republican no matter what... and you think he's doing a fantastic job representing your values... and are proud of his efforts as a president... then you are (to use your words) a bigoted, redneck, nazi simpleton.

Of course there is going to be division when scenario 2 is the situation and for good reason. The 'middle way' for scenario 2 means someone with intelligence, tolerance, and empathy compromising these attributes to find common ground. Why the f**k would someone do that?  

I think there are more than those two scenarios.  And I think it’s possible to separate the individual from the bigger picture.  When you vote for a particular candidate in any election, do you do so because you see that person’s qualities/character/thoughts/positions as being perfectly in line with yours? 

Our elections have been a choice between the lesser of two evils for a long time.   I really don’t think all, of even most, Trump voters chose him because they think he’s just an all around swell person.  Same deal with Hillary voters.   A lot of people wanted a change in direction in the country, and between two shitty choices, he was the one to give the best chance at that.  

Bernie could have easily been the president had the DNC not railroaded him.  It’s that kind of corruption in mainstream politics that led in part to Trump winning.  People were sick of that type of thing.  Doesn’t make them ignorant racists..

What do you think about the Bernie supporters who voted for Trump after that?  Yes, they do exist..
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

Sorry dude, I don't take Trump supporters seriously. I'm old enough to remember he has been a fucking clown my entire life that doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the Oval Office. 

I wont be leaving the Dems, I'll be a mostly straight ticket voter the next two elections that focuses on female candidates. Especially since Republicans in my state just voted NO to marijuana legalization, fuck em.

I'm looking to focus and vote for female, non-white, non-christian candidates. Something tells me Republicans wont have a lot to offer for me lol
    Maybe Rachel Dolezal will throw her hat in the ring for ya. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    DPrival78 said:
    DPrival78 said:

I think there are more than those two scenarios.  And I think it’s possible to separate the individual from the bigger picture.  When you vote for a particular candidate in any election, do you do so because you see that person’s qualities/character/thoughts/positions as being perfectly in line with yours? 

Our elections have been a choice between the lesser of two evils for a long time.   I really don’t think all, of even most, Trump voters chose him because they think he’s just an all around swell person.  Same deal with Hillary voters.   A lot of people wanted a change in direction in the country, and between two shitty choices, he was the one to give the best chance at that.  

Bernie could have easily been the president had the DNC not railroaded him.  It’s that kind of corruption in mainstream politics that led in part to Trump winning.  People were sick of that type of thing.  Doesn’t make them ignorant racists..

What do you think about the Bernie supporters who voted for Trump after that?  Yes, they do exist..
    those people are morons who should feel some personal responsibility for the utter incompetence with the current administration. they voted for a vile ass of a human being with zero political experience because they were butt hurt because their boy lost. 
  • DPrival78 said:
    DPrival78 said:

As Pjhawks stated... they would fall into the moron category and are partially responsible for the current calamity your country is undergoing.

And yes there are your micro scenarios, but in general... birds of a feather flock together: if you're rooted in Trump's camp... well... it's been stated.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

no, changed her name asnd is under indictment for welfare fraud. appears she failed to disclose an advance she got for a book.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

no, changed her name asnd is under indictment for welfare fraud. appears she failed to disclose an advance she got for a book.
    Damn, maybe if she pretends not to be a criminal?
    Everyone is free to support who they want for the reasons they want, of course.  If the key qualification is a candidate’s skin color, gender, or other immutable characteristic, over their ideas as an individual human being, well.. I think that’s a big reason for the divide these days.  

I vaguely remember someone, sometime, saying something about hoping for a time when we can judge people by the content of their character over their skin color.  Some might say we’re moving in the wrong direction on that front..

Someone I know was telling me about this woman who left the Democratic for the Republican because she heard that Democrats were considered "common" people and she thinks she is exceptional so she became a Republican.  Fucking brilliant.  :smirk:

:lol:

DPrival78 said:
    Everyone is free to support who they want for the reasons they want, of course.  If the key qualification is a candidate’s skin color, gender, or other immutable characteristic, over their ideas as an individual human being, well.. I think that’s a big reason for the divide these days.  

I vaguely remember someone, sometime, saying something about hoping for a time when we can judge people by the content of their character over their skin color.  Some might say we’re moving in the wrong direction on that front..

I agree, voting for someone merely due to the color of their skin or gender is both racist and sexist.  
    brianlux said:
    Someone I know was telling me about this woman who left the Democratic for the Republican because she heard that Democrats were considered "common" people and she thinks she is exceptional so she became a Republican.  Fucking brilliant.  :smirk:

:l:lol:

Now that’s something :lol:
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    my2hands said:
    DPrival78 said:

If someone on here said they were voting for male, white, christian candidates only then they would be attacked as misogynist, racist, religious zealots. Say the opposite and it seems fine in this echo chamber.