NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No Coder said:
    Started watching Seven Seconds , only 2 episodes in, but its been solid so far

I thought it was well acted.
    Bout all I can say.  Let us know what you thought when finished.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    No Coder said:

I really like Regina King acting, so that was a drawcard. I will hopefully get through it in the next week or so
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Sense8 finale tonight..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Just started Narcos. Excellent thus far. My only beef is that Vinny Chase isn't playing Pablo Escobar.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    No Coder said:
    It was a good watch and don't wanna say much but it seemed pretty realistic in hindsight.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Watched Season 1 of The Toys That Made Us
    As a child of the 80's this is must see entertainment. Covers Star Wars, Barbie, He-Man and GI Joe toy lines and the fantastic backstories on how they came to be.
    season 2 is out. only saw one episode about The Transformers, pretty interesting
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    No Coder said:

Finished this show last night and thought it was well done. Liked the cast and the show moved at a good pace. I won't go into detail, but I think it actually had a sadly realistic ending

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    As a child of the 80's this is must see entertainment. Covers Star Wars, Barbie, He-Man and GI Joe toy lines and the fantastic backstories on how they came to be.
    season 2 is out. only saw one episode about The Transformers, pretty interesting
      The 2nd season is okay (I was a Transformers nut as a kid... but my parents were cheap-asses so I always got stuck with the GoBots; it was totally embarrassing), but the Hello Kitty episode sucked. Is Hello Kitty even a toy?? I don't think it is. Sure, they made some plush items after it, but that doesn't mean it's really a toy IMO. It's more like a brand that is stuck onto an endless number of random items.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Staircase - 3 episodes in.

Another good true crime story from the early 2000's. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:

Finished this show last night and thought it was well done. Liked the cast and the show moved at a good pace. I won't go into detail, but I think it actually had a sadly realistic ending
    There were parts that I found I disliked or, worse, were downright boring....but the cast and acting were very good.
    Regina King cannot get enough parts, for me.  She is really good.
    PJ_Soul said:
      The 2nd season is okay (I was a Transformers nut as a kid... but my parents were cheap-asses so I always got stuck with the GoBots; it was totally embarrassing), but the Hello Kitty episode sucked. Is Hello Kitty even a toy?? I don't think it is. Sure, they made some plush items after it, but that doesn't mean it's really a toy IMO. It's more like a brand that is stuck onto an endless number of random items.
    i still have all my transformers from when i was a kid except for Megatron (he pretty much fell apart) and a cheap imitation of Shockwave. Of course most of the ones i still have are pretty much broken.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:

There were parts that I found I disliked or, worse, were downright boring....but the cast and acting were very good.
    Regina King cannot get enough parts, for me.  She is really good.
    Agree completely about Regina King. I don't think I have ever watched anything with her in it and not enjoyed her role. 

Yes, cast and acting were the highlights and there were definitely times where it dragged for no reason

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    I'm just on the second episode of The Staircase, and so far I'm pretty fascinated. It's not so much the case that interests me. It's that they really show how lawyers work on a case in an intimate, real kind of way that I've actually never really seen documented before.
    But the whole thing kind of has an air of real reality and honesty, which is also hooking me... though it's a little odd that the entire thing was so consistently filmed while it was happening, documentary style. Usually these true crime documentaries cover the case after the fact and in retrospect, but here it is documented while the case is worked on and tried. They've deliberately been making the film for 17 years, starting shortly after the death happened. Very compelling.
    I have yet to form an opinion on whether or not this guy killed his wife. As always, I'm horrified for him if he didn't do it, and if he did do it, I'm stunned by his ability to lie in that level.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    season 2 is out now

so is Luke Cage.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Brooklyn 99-ing on Hulu.  Netflix should have this.
    Luke Cage S2 is awesome in many ways, but I also hate (hate, hate, hate) the way they ended the season.  Great music, really cool show

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Luke Cage S2 is awesome in many ways, but I also hate (hate, hate, hate) the way they ended the season.  Great music, really cool show

Haven't started it yet.  Saw that the reviews weren't the greatest.  Feels like these Marvel shows have too many episodes (except The Punisher and Daredevil...those 2 are the best).  Always feels like the story drags on a bit.  But I'll check it out soon...probably after I finish The Staircase.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Drug Lords is good ... season 2 streaming now
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm just on the second episode of The Staircase, and so far I'm pretty fascinated. It's not so much the case that interests me. It's that they really show how lawyers work on a case in an intimate, real kind of way that I've actually never really seen documented before.
    But the whole thing kind of has an air of real reality and honesty, which is also hooking me... though it's a little odd that the entire thing was so consistently filmed while it was happening, documentary style. Usually these true crime documentaries cover the case after the fact and in retrospect, but here it is documented while the case is worked on and tried. They've deliberately been making the film for 17 years, starting shortly after the death happened. Very compelling.
    I have yet to form an opinion on whether or not this guy killed his wife. As always, I'm horrified for him if he didn't do it, and if he did do it, I'm stunned by his ability to lie in that level.
    No doubt in my mind that he did it and probably killed the woman in Germany, too. There's a lot that went on that wasn't presented in the documentary. Like, her actual cause of death was strangulation. Also, his attorney defended Rae Carruth back in the day. Gross.
    I'm through with screaming
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    No doubt in my mind that he did it and probably killed the woman in Germany, too. There's a lot that went on that wasn't presented in the documentary. Like, her actual cause of death was strangulation. Also, his attorney defended Rae Carruth back in the day. Gross.
    I thought the same thing almost immediately just by gauging him as a person. Especially because of his lack of emotion. He just exudes no empathy and is about as egotistical as they come. I mean, who is thinking about hiring a film crew within a few days of the death of your wife so they can document everything? Truly weird and he is a strange guy, especially considering all the secrets he was keeping. I also thought we were probably not getting a lot of information in the film that happened in court so I feel like it was slightly trying to taint our view. Either way, I was very surprised by the jury verdict. The minute I saw that SBI guy, I also thought he was a goof and was making shit up. This was all back in the time when CSI had just become huge so it appears he thought he could capitalize on being like a Gil Grissom type.

All in all, a very fascinating docu-series.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    I'm sure it's been mentioned on here, but I've recently discovered Schitt's Creek.  Funny stuff!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited July 2018
    Jim Jefferies has a new special. Fucking hilarious as expected.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I thought the same thing almost immediately just by gauging him as a person. Especially because of his lack of emotion. He just exudes no empathy and is about as egotistical as they come. I mean, who is thinking about hiring a film crew within a few days of the death of your wife so they can document everything? Truly weird and he is a strange guy, especially considering all the secrets he was keeping. I also thought we were probably not getting a lot of information in the film that happened in court so I feel like it was slightly trying to taint our view. Either way, I was very surprised by the jury verdict. The minute I saw that SBI guy, I also thought he was a goof and was making shit up. This was all back in the time when CSI had just become huge so it appears he thought he could capitalize on being like a Gil Grissom type.

All in all, a very fascinating docu-series.
    Finished it last night.  I don't know what to think!  Some very shady stuff by law enforcement...that Deaver guy was a complete clown.  Still shocked that he was originally found guilty...there seemed to be a lot of reasonable doubt.  I was reading about the "owl theory" last night....it sounds crazy at first, but kinda makes sense when you really get into it.
    I'm sure it's been mentioned on here, but I've recently discovered Schitt's Creek.  Funny stuff!
    vert first post on the thread :wink:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited July 2018
    You’ve been around here long enough to know that no one reads through threads or uses the search function.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
    You’ve been around here long enough to know that one no reads through threads or uses the search function.
    :tongue:
    I'm one of the few who probably uses it
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Wild Wild Country

Wild Wild Country

I have heard good things about this. I have it on my list to watch

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    No Coder said:
    Wild Wild Country

I have heard good things about this. I have it on my list to watch
    Crazy!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    Orange is the New Black is back on. Anyone watching after last year's shit show?
    I'm through with screaming