Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/world/americas/us-un-migrant-children-families.amp.html
    Despicable administration , the harm being done to these kids is a crime there has to be a better way to deal with this problem...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited June 2018
    Build a wall.

Citizenship for all that are already here.

But it has to be in that order.
    Donald?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Ghosts of PJ forums past in this thread, except for one...
    It's a hopeless situation...
    11thousand kids separated form their parents and counting being stored as if they are unused boxes surely not treated like kids should be treated ! it's a miserable situation for these kids and this administration doesn't give a damn about them that goes for all of congress & senate they are standing by this idiot of a president they are violating human rights but who cares right .....I'm ashamed to be living in this country ...
    Kids being taken form their parents is a human rights violation, what has this country become?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Kids being taken form their parents is a human rights violation, what has this country become?
    Yeah....I'm all for real immigration reform.  I'm for strengthening the security of the borders, not likely a physical wall.  I'm for some deportation, but this is crazy.  But you do get crazy when you neglect your laws for soooooo long and then start to try and enforce them with no plan.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Yeah....I'm all for real immigration reform.  I'm for strengthening the security of the borders, not likely a physical wall.  I'm for some deportation, but this is crazy.  But you do get crazy when you neglect your laws for soooooo long and then start to try and enforce them with no plan.
    I hear you I’m also for logical immigration reform heck I was thinking about this issue last night when me my mother & two siblings walked thru customs at JFK airport in 1971 how it would of felt for the agents to take her away from us would of been traumatic to us ! Now I know it’s not the same as sneaking across the southern border but for them to be taken from their parents is a crime and it has to stop !
    I hear you I’m also for logical immigration reform heck I was thinking about this issue last night when me my mother & two siblings walked thru customs at JFK airport in 1971 how it would of felt for the agents to take her away from us would of been traumatic to us ! Now I know it’s not the same as sneaking across the southern border but for them to be taken from their parents is a crime and it has to stop !
    Agree.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Jose I'm not trying to sound rude at all but I am genuinely curious, did you come here legally?  And if you did what was the procedure?
    And I totally agree, separating kids from their families is insane and needs to stop.  I get why they are doing it but I definitely don't agree with it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jose I'm not trying to sound rude at all but I am genuinely curious, did you come here legally?  And if you did what was the procedure?
    And I totally agree, separating kids from their families is insane and needs to stop.  I get why they are doing it but I definitely don't agree with it.  
    as legal as it needed to be with vacationing visas from what i remember and yes we did the illegal thing by overstaying here but what did i know i was only 10 and didn't have a choice in the matter but i do know seeing my father for the 1st time in 4 yrs was the greates thing to us kids ...But as illegal immigrants till 83 when we finally received legal status as a family we followed all the rules my parents payed there  taxes and we never got in trouble at all with the law i've never been arrested nor has anyone in my family ....and now we are all American citizens carying American passports ...Not rude at all ....
    mcgruff10 said:
    as legal as it needed to be with vacationing visas from what i remember and yes we did the illegal thing by overstaying here but what did i know i was only 10 and didn't have a choice in the matter but i do know seeing my father for the 1st time in 4 yrs was the greates thing to us kids ...But as illegal immigrants till 83 when we finally received legal status as a family we followed all the rules my parents payed there  taxes and we never got in trouble at all with the law i've never been arrested nor has anyone in my family ....and now we are all American citizens carying American passports ...Not rude at all ....
    Well, I'm not sure you could say you followed the rules and didnt break any laws. But I'm glad it all worked out for you.  The legal immigration process needs some streamlining for sure.
    hippiemom = goodness
    yes i know i was talking once here , hey my father sought a better future for his family and it worked out could he have done it differently yes not sure what laws were in place back then or if there was a way to do it legally like i said i was 10 , and after 1973 with the military take over no one was getting visas out of CHILE ....
    Stop separating kids from their parents at the border , why don't they just turn them around point due south and send them on their way together as they came ....I know the administration is trying to deter illegals i get it but this process is absurd ...
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Stop separating kids from their parents at the border , why don't they just turn them around point due south and send them on their way together as they came ....I know the administration is trying to deter illegals i get it but this process is absurd ...
    It's what happens when you elect a sociopath
    Smellyman said:
    It's what happens when you elect a sociopath
    To top it off he’s blaming the democrats stating we’re just following protocols god I hate this human ! 
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Everyone here illegally should be removed.

Everyone here legally should be embraced.
    Stop separating kids from their parents 
    stop separating kids from their parents ! Send them back together..

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Yeah I definitely agree with that.  It will be interesting to see whether or not illegal border crossings go down after this method has been implemented.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah I definitely agree with that.  It will be interesting to see whether or not illegal border crossings go down after this method has been implemented.  
    It’s fucking absurd to take a young kids parents away we’re talking 4 or 5 yrs old and some even younger , talk about permanent damage where’s the 1st lady’s outrage about this issue she’s supposedly works so hard on helping children...This is fucked up it needs to stop like today ...
  • Romeo Dallaire used to ask the question, "Are some humans more human than other humans?"

Separating children from their parents is sickening. And it reeks of an attitude that views these people as a sub-species in my mind.

Disgusting display of humanity.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Romeo Dallaire used to ask the question, "Are some humans more human than other humans?"

Separating children from their parents is sickening. And it reeks of an attitude that views these people as a sub-species in my mind.

Disgusting display of humanity.
    Yep I agree and baffoon & Sessions are at the top of the hate pyramid they are treating these kids as if they are worthless...
    Not letting this thread go away , stop separating kids from their parents ! 
    edited June 2018
    Just think about it while you or I are at work there’s thousands of kids missing their parents , yeah I know it’s their fault for trying to come here illegally but the penalty does not fit the crime ..have a great work week and know our taxes are paying for this mess and they are running out of space to house these kids this administration is looking for places to store them ....fuck you Baffoon & Sessions !
    Post edited by josevolution on
    Yup there is no excuse for this.  I wonder who the idiot was that thought this was a good idea...
    hippiemom = goodness
    Another day for these kids to spend in secluded areas with no contact with their parents yet the world celebrates the man behind this mess , this is a crime that has to stop ughh I’m pissed about this more than any other issue ..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:

it's all black and white. nice little package. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    unsung said:

Just as long the ones here legally don't threaten the future of the white race, of course.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Another day & no action from anyone on behalf of these kids sitting there not being able to breathe fresh air to run on a playground to feel the hug of a loved one , fuck you orange ugly Baffoon 

http://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article213026379.html
    Fucking tent city yep here in 2018 to keep kids in them , go ahead tell me how proud you are to be living here today wave your stars & stripes they no longer hold any meaning to me !!!
  • Fucking tent city yep here in 2018 to keep kids in them , go ahead tell me how proud you are to be living here today wave your stars & stripes they no longer hold any meaning to me !!!

You're preaching to the choir, Jose.

Nobody here supports Trump. Outside of BS (who doesn't have a vote), not one 10C member has openly endorsed the guy when the question has been asked over and over again.

Either that or they are too ashamed to admit they are aligned with the idiot- knowing they shouldn't be. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"