2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Do it Rockets!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Golden State is done if KD doesn’t show up.
    KD only had a decent game, for him.

Klay Thompson sure showed up .
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Thompson in my eyes is the 2nd greatest shooter in the NBA. I Actually think he’s a better player than Steph for his defense. 
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    edited May 2018
    Golden State is done if KD doesn’t show up.

He played like garbage and they won by 29. If Warriors are locked in they won’t be beat. They consistently lose focus though so anything can happen in Game 7. Gordon, Ariza & Tucker probably need monster games for it to even be competitive. Houston needs to hold Golden State to the low 90’s to have a shot Monday because without Paul they can’t outgun the Warriors. They scored 25 points in the entire 2nd half tonight. Once the Warriors defense is engaged they are really tough to score on, Houston hasn’t broken 100 in 4 consecutive games, that’s not something I thought I’d ever see.

Post edited by lastexit78 on
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
    Go greens!!!..back to the finals after 8 years..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Go gang GREEN GO!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This one is going down to the wire.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

WOW, what a dunk by the rookie. That should ignite things.

Peace

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jesus Christ this is the most boring god damn shit ever.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2018
    I saw MJ in person close to 30x.  Worshipped the guy    

Ive never seen someone do the stuff Lebron does tho.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    Lebron is a beast but can he carry the Cavs to another championship win. Congrats

The Celtics will be back and better than ever next year.

Peace

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    He good
    edited May 2018
    Hey what's for dinner tonight? Pancakes.

You see pancakes, like Lebron, are really, really good.  But if you consume too many pancakes, you just get fucking sick until you puke and you no longer want to see a pancake, much less consume it.  Same goes for the NBA Finals.

You see pancakes, like Lebron, are really, really good.  But if you consume too many pancakes, you just get fucking sick until you puke and you no longer want to see a pancake, much less consume it.  Same goes for the NBA Finals.
    Not a fan of the bulls run in the 90’s?!?
    I saw MJ in person close to 30x.  Worshipped the guy    

Ive never seen someone do the stuff Lebron does tho.  
    Thank you. I try explaining this to people and they just don’t get it...

i missed this this game because I was at the jack white show but I’m glad the Cavs won!!!
    Congrats Lebron
    The future is ours
    Enjoy the same soup
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Congrats Lebron
    The future is ours
    Enjoy the same soup
    Your soup is apparently salty...

Thankfully Jordan retired and the Rockets gave us all a break halfway through.

That said... Jordan  > Lebron.

Jordan in championships is greater than lebron. As a player LBJ is by far better...

LBJ as a GM is horrible and Jordan knew who to surround himself with. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

But, you're gonna miss those pancakes when ther gone forever. 

ENJOY the greatness, and don't  take it for granted,  while it last because you're gonna miss it when it's gone.

I know i'm gonna watch.
    cutz said:

But, you're gonna miss those pancakes when ther gone forever. 

ENJOY the greatness, and don't  take it for granted,  while it last because you're gonna miss it when it's gone.

I know i'm gonna watch.
    I can tell you with 1000% confidence that I'm not going to miss Lebron. Ever.

Jordan in championships is greater than lebron. As a player LBJ is by far better...

By far better? BY FAR?? :rofl: Jesus I needed that laugh. :lol:
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

That is the funniest thing I've read today,  "far better" better than Jordan. I can understand why there is some argument on the GOAT, but in no world anywhere is LBJ "far better" than Jordan. 

I have Jordan as the GOAT and until this year, had James at 3rd, but he has surpassed expectations this year and has moved to number 2 for me, but he's still not better than MJ for me

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    That was such a boring game. Hard to believe they are professionals at their craft at times. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited May 2018
    J Brown and Rozier must have been something like a combined 2 for 20 from 3pt land? There goes the game right there. Why were they still in the game during the 4th quarter? They were ice cold and contributed nothing. God that was frustrating to watch all those selfish bad shots from Morris, Smart, Horford, Brown, and Rozier. Just give the ball to Tatum he was feeling it.

Baynes is dead space. Guy can’t get a rebound unless it hits him directly in the chest. Never thought i’d miss seeing Kelly Olynyk out there. I’ll pass on the soon to be Warriors/Cavs final.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    ed243421 said:
    Warriors in 4
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

No Coder said:

That is the funniest thing I've read today,  "far better" better than Jordan. I can understand why there is some argument on the GOAT, but in no world anywhere is LBJ "far better" than Jordan. 

I have Jordan as the GOAT and until this year, had James at 3rd, but he has surpassed expectations this year and has moved to number 2 for me, but he's still not better than MJ for me

I can’t believe you don’t see Lebron as a better player than Jordan. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited May 2018
    No Coder said:

Not only was Jordan better, he was more enjoyable to watch. I hate the fucking Cavs. It's boring basketball.

Obviously it's an incredible accomplishment to get this team to the finals. Reminds me of AI taking the Sixers to the finals in '01. Saying Lebron is far better than Jordan is utterly ridiculous though.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

Clearly the 7 man rotation caught up to the Celts last night, a lot of wide open 3's left well short by Rozier, Brown, Morris & Smart (who really should never shoot a 3).

Tip of the hat to the LeBrons, they were the better team last night.

Can't wait for next year with hopefully a healthy Irving and Hayward added back to the mix.

This weekend we rock Portland