Options

2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    The NBA needs a hard cap and that’s coming from a Warriors fan since the early 90’s. If LeBron, Kawhi and George somehow ended up in LA you would instantly wreck three 50 win teams to create one 60 win team. NBA can’t sustain itself over the long run with only one or two legit title contenders a season. I hate the parity of the NFL & MLB but there has to be a middle ground. 
    Not sure why GS gets put into this convo considering they drafted all of their stars sans Durant?
    I agree to a certain extent but they already had a championship and a 73 win season under their belts. With a hard cap that would have forced them to focus on retaining that core and KD would have gone to another team, probably elevating them to a title contender. Listen I’m a huge Warriors fan and love how everything turned out. LeBron and KD are the two best players of this decade and they both jumped ship to join these “Super Teams”. I don’t think it’s a great precedent and the only way to truly stop it is a harder cap. Perhaps one that allows you to keep your own core intact but makes it harder to acquire superstars. The “Bird Rights” were supposed to keep stars from jumping but they haven’t worked in a decade and now players are taking one year contracts routinely. New CBA is going to be fascinating when this one expires, 

With that said the Warriors are the last menacing, dominant, hated team left in American sports. Every other league is a mediocre mess, the NFL has the Patriots but they aren’t dominant anymore and everything they accomplish revolves around a 40 year old QB. The Yankees could return to hated dynasty status but the baseball playoffs are a crapshoot. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,016
    If Magic doesn't land some talent in LA his ass needs to be fired.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    jazz need lebron. lebron, mitchell and gobert could do some damage.

and jingling joe from deep.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Wobbie said:

Best of luck!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

He has a better chance at signing with the knicks...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    Sixers or Houston?
  • Options
    Sixers or Houston?
    Nope.

He will most likely stay in Cleveland.
  • Options
    Sixers or Houston?
    Nope.

One year there to see what happens next year? I think he takes one year somewhere else and sees what happens. 
  • Options
    Sixers or Houston?
    Nope.

One year there to see what happens next year? I think he takes one year somewhere else and sees what happens. 
    He doesn't want that type of attention anymore.

Next spot should be his last if he does leave.
  • Options
    Sixers or Houston?
    Nope.

I agree next stop should be his last but either he loses in Cleveland or he chases it a bit. I selfishly want to see him play with good players moving forward the last few years

would also love to see the warriors lose 
  • Options
    Sixers or Houston?
    Nope.

I agree next stop should be his last but either he loses in Cleveland or he chases it a bit. I selfishly want to see him play with good players moving forward the last few years

would also love to see the warriors lose 
    The Warriors are really close to imploding so don't worry about that, lol!

As for Lebron and winning?  Wherever he goes that will happen.  People really don't seem to understand at how special a player he is.
  • Options
    That fucking sucks 
  • Options
    That fucking sucks 

this is like barry bonds going to the d**gers.

altho with kobe and pau gone, I don’t find the lakers as hateable as I used to.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lebron to the Lakers...

It was my second thought...

I guess we will see...
  • Options
    and kawhi next year if not this year? :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    Wobbie said:
    If they unload everything they have for Kawhi where does that leave them? Best move is to let LeBron develop with their young players (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma & Randall) Then add Kawhi for nothing in a year when those other guys have a little playoff experience and I do mean little. Current Lakers will have a hard time getting out of the 1st rd in the West. If the Lakers let LeBron be defacto GM like CLE did they will end up in ruins. Poor Cavs grossly overpaid Tristan Thompson & J.R Smith on LeBron's demand and now they have a 15 win team on their hands. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    If they unload everything they have for Kawhi where does that leave them? Best move is to let LeBron develop with their young players (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma & Randall) Then add Kawhi for nothing in a year when those other guys have a little playoff experience and I do mean little. Current Lakers will have a hard time getting out of the 1st rd in the West. If the Lakers let LeBron be defacto GM like CLE did they will end up in ruins. Poor Cavs grossly overpaid Tristan Thompson & J.R Smith on LeBron's demand and now they have a 15 win team on their hands. 
    With Magic in the seat, that shouldn't happen.

I actually slighted Magic earlier in a post and I'll take that back.  Now be the Pres and run the team and Not let Lebron do it.

This will also show me if I was wrong with Lebron and if he is a cancer.  He's so damn good I'd hate to think this but it's crossed my mind.

Go Lakers.

Oh and he is doing this for his son and no other reason...
  • Options
    Well at least Bron Bron’s not going to be losing in the Finals again next year...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Well at least Bron Bron’s not going to be losing in the Finals again next year...
    That was my first thought too..lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    With Magic in the seat, that shouldn't happen.

I actually slighted Magic earlier in a post and I'll take that back.  Now be the Pres and run the team and Not let Lebron do it.

This will also show me if I was wrong with Lebron and if he is a cancer.  He's so damn good I'd hate to think this but it's crossed my mind.

Go Lakers.

Oh and he is doing this for his son and no other reason...
    I forgot about his production company so there is that too...
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    4th seed maybe? 5th?

Lance Stephenson isn’t gonna help much. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    4th seed maybe? 5th?

Why would you pick him up?  He was a thorn in Lebrons side and now he's going to play with him?

The McGee pick up doesn't seem to big a deal either.

Hopefully Kawhi wants out sooner than later and plays with Lebron.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    4th seed maybe? 5th?

Why would you pick him up?  He was a thorn in Lebrons side and now he's going to play with him?

Well it's not really up to Kawhi. I'd think the Spurs are less likely to just hand a conference rival, who just got the best player in the game, another top 5 player...but who the hell knows
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    4th seed maybe? 5th?

Well it's not really up to Kawhi. I'd think the Spurs are less likely to just hand a conference rival, who just got the best player in the game, another top 5 player...but who the hell knows
    I know that but maybe he will pressure the front office to deal him even if it's for next to nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    23scidoo said:
    4th seed maybe? 5th?

I know that but maybe he will pressure the front office to deal him even if it's for next to nothing.
    If it's next to nothing he's going to the Sixers or Celtics and they'll take their chances of him changing his mind like Paul George did.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    4th seed maybe? 5th?

If it's next to nothing he's going to the Sixers or Celtics and they'll take their chances of him changing his mind like Paul George did.
    If he goes to those teams the balance of power in the East is really going to be tilted.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Considering PG is going to resign with OKC, Paul is locked up in Houston and Kawhi doesn't control his own destiny, I really don't understand Lebron's decision.  The only way it makes sense is through the lens of LBJ just starting to transition into his post-basketball life and/or thinking about individual stats.  This team is very far away from really competing I think.  
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    Considering PG is going to resign with OKC, Paul is locked up in Houston and Kawhi doesn't control his own destiny, I really don't understand Lebron's decision.  The only way it makes sense is through the lens of LBJ just starting to transition into his post-basketball life and/or thinking about individual stats.  This team is very far away from really competing I think.  
    It's all about LA and not the Lakers.

Wonder if he thinks KD is coming there next year.
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    edited July 2018
    First, No more Warriors-Cavs finals weeeeeee. LBJ made it to the finals with the weakest team I ever got to see in NBA finals. Can’t be worst in LA even if the path to the finals is way more complicated. Would have prefered Philly or SA though.
    Post edited by Tristelune on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    :lol::rofl:

I fucking love D'Elia!! It's already annoying as fuck and I'm not even on the west coast.  13 of the last 15 posts on Sportscenter's IG account are either Lebron or Lebron-related.  There's other fucking shit going on in sports but let's just ignore it all and ride Lebron's dick all night and day.

ESPN YOU SUCK!!