2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Bigtime performance by the Rockets, I prefer to give them credit rather than ripping the Warriors for choking in the 4th quarter. How many teams survive a Curry barrage at Oracle, fall down 12 in the 4th and win? Probably 1 in 100. CP3 was great in the 4th quarter with his leadership and playmaking. Putting the ball in his and not Harden’s hands late in the game is a huge difference for the Rockets this season. As a Warriors fan I fear that 4th quarter might have very well cost us another championship. A 7 game series is likely which the NBA needs because the Finals are going to be a joke.
    The third quarter by the Warriors was unbelievable.  It was an onslaught and the Rockets overcame it!  In The Warriors house no less!

This game was all over the place.  At the end with the foul and I thought the game was over then there were freethrows?  I thought that Holy shit, GS is going to pull a rabbit and get the W!?!?!?!

Thank God that didn't happen...

Good game.  Lots of horrible shots later on.  I never understand pulling up for a damn 3 when you can get the easy 2.  Mark Jackson talked about that and I'm glad he did because it seemed that the teams started to listen.
    I thought the Rockets were done for sure after that 3rd quarter.  Really impressive to see them come back like that...especially on the road.

Can't believe KD didn't take the last shot.  That was some bad basketball on those last few possessions by both teams.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Bigtime performance by the Rockets, I prefer to give them credit rather than ripping the Warriors for choking in the 4th quarter. How many teams survive a Curry barrage at Oracle, fall down 12 in the 4th and win? Probably 1 in 100. CP3 was great in the 4th quarter with his leadership and playmaking. Putting the ball in his and not Harden’s hands late in the game is a huge difference for the Rockets this season. As a Warriors fan I fear that 4th quarter might have very well cost us another championship. A 7 game series is likely which the NBA needs because the Finals are going to be a joke.
    The third quarter by the Warriors was unbelievable.  It was an onslaught and the Rockets overcame it!  In The Warriors house no less!

This game was all over the place.  At the end with the foul and I thought the game was over then there were freethrows?  I thought that Holy shit, GS is going to pull a rabbit and get the W!?!?!?!

Good game.  Lots of horrible shots later on.  I never understand pulling up for a damn 3 when you can get the easy 2.  Mark Jackson talked about that and I'm glad he did because it seemed that the teams started to listen.
    I thought the Rockets were done for sure after that 3rd quarter.  Really impressive to see them come back like that...especially on the road.

Can't believe KD didn't take the last shot.  That was some bad basketball on those last few possessions by both teams.  
    I've watched the same thing from the Cavs.  It's like everyone wants the Dagger in the heart basket and not the easy one.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I've watched the same thing from the Cavs.  It's like everyone wants the Dagger in the heart basket and not the easy one.
    Watching Harden just constantly dribble around the top of the key and then shoot a 3 with 2 seconds left on the shot clock is awful.  I'm not sure if the Rockets even have an offensive system of any type.  Just a lot of standing around while someone goes 1 on 1.

Watching Harden just constantly dribble around the top of the key and then shoot a 3 with 2 seconds left on the shot clock is awful.  I'm not sure if the Rockets even have an offensive system of any type.  Just a lot of standing around while someone goes 1 on 1.
    Very different though this last game.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

And that's what i meant, when i posted last night that the game was hard to watch. Too much dribbling with BAD shot selections because of it. Harden drives me nuts. I think if i was in the gym he would give me a  headache with the amount of dribbles he has for the game. BOUNCE> BOUNCE<>BOUNCE>a 100 times in one posession!!! I saw a stat that he had over 500 dribbles, after Game 1 i think, and KD, Curry & Thompson had about the same amount of dribbles combined for that same game. RIDICULOUS, really. I know Harden is good, but i really don't like his game. How does he get away with some of the shit he does and gets to the foul line, more then players like LeBron, Embiid & Anthony Davis? (Don't really know if he does, but it seems like he does>LOL)

Never really cared for Chris Paul either, though i do like his game. He tries to  hard to go out of his way to be a wanna-be tough-guy. I like to see him just go out ther and play his game.

HOPE for  a good   close, and well played game tonight.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:

And that's what i meant, when i posted last night that the game was hard to watch. Too much dribbling with BAD shot selections because of it. Harden drives me nuts. I think if i was in the gym he would give me a  headache with the amount of dribbles he has for the game. BOUNCE> BOUNCE<>BOUNCE>a 100 times in one posession!!! I saw a stat that he had over 500 dribbles, after Game 1 i think, and KD, Curry & Thompson had about the same amount of dribbles combined for that same game. RIDICULOUS, really. I know Harden is good, but i really don't like his game. How does he get away with some of the shit he does and gets to the foul line, more then players like LeBron, Embiid & Anthony Davis? (Don't really know if he does, but it seems like he does>LOL)

Never really cared for Chris Paul either, though i do like his game. He tries to  hard to go out of his way to be a wanna-be tough-guy. I like to see him just go out ther and play his game.

Agree completely on the Harden and Paul opinions. They are both great players, but can't stand the way Harden plays and can't stand the way C.Paul acts, and he is also a dirty player too. I laugh when people call players like Dellavedova dirty for diving for the ball and playing HARD, but ignore the nut shots that Chris Paul takes at players.

I really hope it's not a Cavs vs Rockets finals, as that will be some painful basketball to watch. 3 players taking turns at bouncing a ball for 20 seconds, whilst the others stand in spots for hopeful passes
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    No Coder said:
    cutz said:

Agree completely on the Harden and Paul opinions. They are both great players, but can't stand the way Harden plays and can't stand the way C.Paul acts, and he is also a dirty player too. I laugh when people call players like Dellavedova dirty for diving for the ball and playing HARD, but ignore the nut shots that Chris Paul takes at players.

I really hope it's not a Cavs vs Rockets finals, as that will be some painful basketball to watch. 3 players taking turns at bouncing a ball for 20 seconds, whilst the others stand in spots for hopeful passes
    Yes, Chris Paul is a dirty player. He reminds me of Isiah Thomas as he was a dirty player too. He was a tough guy because he had lunatics like Laimber, Mahorn & Rodman, and the rest to protect his ass.

I hate the Celtics so i do not want them in the Finals. Plus, i don't mind watching the best player in the World playing in the Finals. 
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:
    No Coder said:
    cutz said:

Yes, Chris Paul is a dirty player. He reminds me of Isiah Thomas as he was a dirty player too. He was a tough guy because he had lunatics like Laimber, Mahorn & Rodman, and the rest to protect his ass.

I hate the Celtics so i do not want them in the Finals. Plus, i don't mind watching the best player in the World playing in the Finals. 
    That's spot on with Isiah, he's an arrogant little tosser too. He will never admit anything being good about Jordan, he's still salty about his success.
    I've never been a Celtics fan, but I dislike Cavs more, so I'm hoping for Celtics vs Warriors.
    Don't really care who wins though as I don't have a horse in the race 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    ed243421 said:

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    The surprising Celtics continue on and hopefully they can get to The Finals. If they do their future looks bright for the years to come. However, the league's power structure changes from year to year so staying on top in the the east may become more difficult to remain dominate.

That said GO CELTICS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    come on, warriors!

I have the bad feeling you’re gonna lose. 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wow.
    That was some game.

Rockets up 3-2...  NEVER did I think that this was going to happen.  I put a fork in them after game 1.

Would the real Golden State Warriors please stand up?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Probably getting 2 game 7's.
    Commissioner Smeagol will be pleased.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Don't you want to see the superstar team failed??..
    Rockets-Celtics please!!..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Chris Paul out for game 6
    I miss igotid88
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    23scidoo said:
    Don't you want to see the superstar team failed??..
    Rockets-Celtics please!!..
    For me, it's not so much about wanting to see them fail as it is wanting to see someone - ANYONE ELSE - succeed.  Lebron in the FInals every year got stale about 5 years ago.  Cavs/Warriors for a 4th year in a row I won't even watch.  It's worn out its welcome.
    Wow.
    That was some game.

Rockets up 3-2...  NEVER did I think that this was going to happen.  I put a fork in them after game 1.

Would the real Golden State Warriors please stand up?

Warriors are not showing much poise.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    wah wah, chris paul.

no sympathy for your cheap shotting ass.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    wah wah, chris paul.

So you're rooting for the other team that has Dreymond "kick em in the nuts" Green?

Nice
    Wobbie said:
    wah wah, chris paul.

So you're rooting for the other team that has Dreymond "kick em in the nuts" Green?

Nice

yeah. It’s “who do I dislike least?”

Sad!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    wah wah, chris paul.

Nice

yeah. It’s “who do I dislike least?”

Sad!
    lol, fair enough wobbie!
    Hmmm, CELTICS in white on the road. 
    Nice. Go CELTICS GO!

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Lebron just did my favorite play in basketball, the come from behind block!

Pippen and Jordan used to do this all the time too and I loved it then!
    Yeah man.

Game 7 is upon us.

Team Lebron stepped up tonight!!!
    but can korver, JR, hill, et al do anything in game 7? I hope.,,,,but not so sure.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Wobbie said:
    wah wah, chris paul.

Nice

I thought his name was "punch em in the nuts"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The Celtics should only wear white in Boston
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Kevin Love (concussion) will not play game 7
    I miss igotid88
    The Celtics should only wear white in Boston
    It may not have up to the Celtics. I believe the home team has the choice to wear either home away style jerseys. If they choice an away style Jersey then opposing team then has to wear some sort of home jersey.

One thing's for sure they will be wearing come this Sunday. That said, there's a need for another Boston team to get to another championship and try for the title.

Peace

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Golden State is done if KD doesn’t show up.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016