EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

So did the Sixers hold a contest for a local middle schooler to get to play with the team?

That kid wearing #12 is feisty. Needs some hair gel or something cause he's constantly fixing his hair in the court, but he'll be the king of 8th grade when he gets back home tomorrow.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Can Kevin Hart’s time be up like a half hour ago
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    presumptive ROY didn’t have much of a game....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    presumptive ROY didn’t have much of a game....

What do you mean? Tatum played well.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    ONE DAMN POINT!  Not sure where the hell Ben's head was but not in the game.  Gotta win both games at home now.  Still not sure why Fultz isn't playing.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2018
    Been a while since I've come here for obvious reasons (you can go back and read my comments on hinkie when he got hired -- and traded jrue holiday on draft night back then, etc)

brett brown needs to go.  I love the guy -- he did his time, was a soldier, all the shit.  But he's not only getting outcoached, but he is getting embarrassed.  boston's wings are killing the sixers old white guys and justin anderson hasn't played at all other than a garbage minute in game 1.  belinelli is a vet, he was great since they acquired him, blah, blach.  He's unplayable in this series.  anderson isn't great, but he matches up better.  someone needs to put tatum on the floor at least one time.  belinelli cant get close enough to do that.  take your awful diamond (and feather) tattoo and go mince some garlic

ahhhh, TJ McConnell.  he's my least favorite philly athlete maybe ever.  I fucking hate this guy.  I love his story.  Love his contribution to the Process.  Thanks man - now beat it.  Fact that Brown benched Simmons in the third quarter to rely on a TJ McConnell spurt is embarrassing and grounds for firing the coach mid-game.  Love how he threw simmons back in midway through the fourth quarter (after the cheerleader admittedly played well) and told Ben to go get em.  Simmons played like shit but this team isn't winning games or coming close to winning the series, with fucking TJ McConnell getting minutes.  Fultz should be the backup PG -- McConnell should be waiving pom poms w the juggler.  Browns rotations are a fucking disgrace and I can't take him anymore.

Sixers are a young, inexperienced team but they should be beating this skeleton Celtics team.  Embiid is being misused, the player minute rotations are completely out of whack, the offense is a disaster, their defense is undisciplined -- they had a great year but these young guys came on late.  brown deserves some credit for that but he's maxed out.  It's time for a real coach.  I like frank vogel -- and budenholzer.  get a real coach in here -- and please, for the love of god - no more fucking TJ McConnell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Also, I've said for years now that Lebron is the best athlete we have seen and ever will see.  What that guy did this season, and continues to do, is the most amazing thing I've seen.  He is the best -- I find a ton of solace in the fact that if the sixers lose to the celtics that he's next in line ready to put in in boston's ass like he always does.  Long live the King
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Maybe call a timeout before a 21 point lead is 4

That was rough. 20 point lead lost in about 4 minutes. They're better than this.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    I’d be more inclined to give simmons ROY if he were really, you know, a rookie.
    In the National Basketball Association, a "rookie" is any player who has never played a game in the NBA until that year.

no mention of a previous year of NBA coaching, a previous year of NBA training table, a previous year of NBA film study, a previous year of NBA travel?

it’s all good. they really ought to split the reward. who won last year? probably some guy who was just a’ight.

Why do you care about this so much? The ballots were cast weeks ago. Ben Simmons is the rookie of the year. You've gotta get on with your life Wob!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852

That was rough. 20 point lead lost in about 4 minutes. They're better than this.

They need discipline and a new coach.  They are much better than what I am watching but I saw it coming...

They need discipline and a new coach.  They are much better than what I am watching but I saw it coming...

Nah. They're a year ahead of schedule and have nobody who can create their own shot. Calling for the coach's head at this point is pretty irrational in my opinion. If they're having the same issues a year from now, then, yeah you can start talking like this. Brown will be a coach of the year finalist.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Jojo needed more rest in the 3rd and 4th but he was needed on the court as well. He was very tired at the end.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852

Nah. They're a year ahead of schedule and have nobody who can create their own shot. Calling for the coach's head at this point is pretty irrational in my opinion. If they're having the same issues a year from now, then, yeah you can start talking like this. Brown will be a coach of the year finalist.

Let's see.  There is wayyyy too much talent for these guys to be playing this bad right now.

Let's see.  There is wayyyy too much talent for these guys to be playing this bad right now.

I feel like you have a tendency to make too much out of small sample sizes. Big picture--this team is in great shape moving forward, win or lose this series.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Sixers 9 point favorites tomorrow...
    chinese-happy.jpg

I feel like you have a tendency to make too much out of small sample sizes. Big picture--this team is in great shape moving forward, win or lose this series.
    Really interested to see what they do this offseason.  It may be completely uninformed, but I am not a huge Paul George fan.  Kawhi though...

Celtics are sitting pretty too. Impressive couple games without their 2 best players coming into the season.

Really interested to see what they do this offseason.  It may be completely uninformed, but I am not a huge Paul George fan.  Kawhi though...

Celtics are sitting pretty too. Impressive couple games without their 2 best players coming into the season.

I wish there was a way to get Kawhi without having to give up Saric. Love Kawhi's game so much and he's the perfect fit with this team...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2018
    Brad Stevens is the best coach in the world in any sport at any level. 

You can't score 1 point in a playoff game. that is awful

yes they are ahead of schedule but if they lose this series it's a disappointment as the path to an NBA Finals appearance is there for the taking this year.
    Post edited by pjhawks on

I wish there was a way to get Kawhi without having to give up Saric. Love Kawhi's game so much and he's the perfect fit with this team...
    Would take something like Saric and the Laker's pick right?

Plus Fultz probably
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Fixer said:
    Also, I've said for years now that Lebron is the best athlete we have seen and ever will see.  What that guy did this season, and continues to do, is the most amazing thing I've seen.  He is the best -- I find a ton of solace in the fact that if the sixers lose to the celtics that he's next in line ready to put in in boston's ass like he always does.  Long live the King
    This.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    As frustrating as last night was, I have to look on the bright side of things. This is Ben, Jojo and Brett's 1st trip to the playoffs. TJ was great last night. Have to give Jojo some more rest throughout the game.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Felt like absolute shit last night, so I'm laying on the couch watching the game and they're up by 22....I felt like I blinked, fell asleep, wake up with 8 seconds left and see that garbage. Christ.
    JK_Livin said:
    Jojo needed more rest in the 3rd and 4th but he was needed on the court as well. He was very tired at the end.

Horford drove by him like he was wearing cinder blocks for Nikes on the basket that essentially iced the game.
    One thing the Sixers need is a big man to back Embiid up. Amir Johnson is not the answer, that's for sure.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'm sorry guys... 99.95% of the time I root for someone, they never win.  Hmmm... maybe I should start rooting FOR Lebron, then..
    edited May 2018
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:

Horford drove by him like he was wearing cinder blocks for Nikes on the basket that essentially iced the game.
    One thing the Sixers need is a big man to back Embiid up. Amir Johnson is not the answer, that's for sure.

Yeah and he had five fouls at that point and was probably being overly cautious. He's picking up two quick one's early and often lately. That foul on Smart's three attempt with the shot clock expiring was as bad as it gets.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

Plus Fultz probably
    Yeah, I tried to edit this and say Fultz too, but never pressed post, I guess.  Would have to be 100% sure he would sign long term.  I'd do it though. 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    turnovers killed us this game (especially late in the game).  Well we had a good season and no one expected us to get this far in the beginning. trust the process. :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly