Western media lies about Syria exposed (Canadian journalist Eva Bartlett)

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited April 2018
    polaris_x said:
    just quickly ... that timeline looks like its sourced from the same manipulative organizations ... if you are quoting human rights watch - it's problematic .. i posted all the OPCW reports on Syria ...

also note this ... Syria had chemical weapons no doubt but they've also been at war with terrorists ... possible that some of the stockpiles in the hands of terrorists before OPCW disposal ..

also look for Robert Fisk's report on Douma ... msm journalist from the independent who has been waging their war on Syria went into Douma today ...
    for kicks, I checked out the authors of the timeline.  The original writer, almost immediately after starting the timeline in 2013, followed up with this blogpost: 

http://lcbackerblog.blogspot.ca/2013/09/yuta-kawashima-what-we-think-we-know.html?m=1

In it he speaks of how ‘Through my own research on Syria (Yuta Kawashima, “Timeline of Syrian Chemical Weapons Activity, 2012-2013,” last updated on September 3, 2013), coupled with a torrent of reports from world major media, national governments and international organizations, I could roughly grasp “what we think we know” about Syria. At the same time, however, a strange feeling came over me. Information out there seems to be deliberately converging on a certain point, as if the point was already determined in the first place‘...then goes on to discuss the attacks, the state-media apparatus, the similarities pushing toward war prior to invading Iraq, international law not favouring ‘retaliatory’ strikes, etc etc...

he wrote the original timeline in 2013 and essentially questioned the validity of its sources from day one....  It’s been updated for five years by the second author.  Googled her name....found all of her blogs...for whom?  Why, the completely impartial Brookings Institute, of course. 
    Duped? Honey pot?
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Talk to the JIM
    Again, you guys realize evil america has 2,000 troops on the ground, right?

Call me when its 170,000...

Meanwhile, continue to support Assad and Putin The Peacemaker... that's really worked out so far. 
    I'll roll with Noam Chomsky on this one... 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:

Meanwhile, continue to support Assad and Putin The Peacemaker... that's really worked out so far. 
    Cue the pity party ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Pity party? 
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x said:
    just quickly ... that timeline looks like its sourced from the same manipulative organizations ... if you are quoting human rights watch - it's problematic .. i posted all the OPCW reports on Syria ...

also note this ... Syria had chemical weapons no doubt but they've also been at war with terrorists ... possible that some of the stockpiles in the hands of terrorists before OPCW disposal ..

also look for Robert Fisk's report on Douma ... msm journalist from the independent who has been waging their war on Syria went into Douma today ...
    for kicks, I checked out the authors of the timeline.  The original writer, almost immediately after starting the timeline in 2013, followed up with this blogpost: 

http://lcbackerblog.blogspot.ca/2013/09/yuta-kawashima-what-we-think-we-know.html?m=1

In it he speaks of how ‘Through my own research on Syria (Yuta Kawashima, “Timeline of Syrian Chemical Weapons Activity, 2012-2013,” last updated on September 3, 2013), coupled with a torrent of reports from world major media, national governments and international organizations, I could roughly grasp “what we think we know” about Syria. At the same time, however, a strange feeling came over me. Information out there seems to be deliberately converging on a certain point, as if the point was already determined in the first place‘...then goes on to discuss the attacks, the state-media apparatus, the similarities pushing toward war prior to invading Iraq, international law not favouring ‘retaliatory’ strikes, etc etc...

he wrote the original timeline in 2013 and essentially questioned the validity of its sources from day one....  It’s been updated for five years by the second author.  Googled her name....found all of her blogs...for whom?  Why, the completely impartial Brookings Institute, of course. 
    Duped? Honey pot?
    thanks ... I think this is the thing ... all I really hope for, as I've stated many times, is that people think about this critically as this guy did ...

I don't really understand why people are so invested in the Assad narrative!? ... they are unwilling to listen to alternative viewpoints despite the overwhelming accounts that don't follow that stream ... what scares me is these guys use the same mechanisms to dissuade dissention... calling things conspiracy theorists, assad-apologists, etc... widely used tactics by western states to shut down opposition ...

like i said before ... lies get harder to maintain ... like this is the narrative people are believing in douma ...

* assad just before liberating douma from jaysh al-islam and a week after trump said he's going to withdraw from syria launches a chemical attack against his own civilians ... of which 80% live under syrian protection
    * that chemical attack resulted in mass deaths which the syrian gov't FIRST buried in the ground and then dug up and transported away so no one could test them
    *  that all the peeople, doctors and nurses and eyewitnesses that were there being interviewed are plants or have been coerced by the gov't .. we are talking about people just standing in the street ... doctors who work at the hospital
    *  that the reports from msm while interviewing the terrorists that have been kicked out is truthful

it's mind boggling to me that people are accusing us of being conspiracy theorists!! ... 
    you know what libya and iraq and syria have in common? ... they were secular states ... think about what that means for a minute ... here is a country where governence is not by islamist or some fundamental religious rule ... where christians and jews and muslims live harmoniously ... and the so called moderate rebels all want to impose an islamist state with sharia law ... how do people think this is good for anyone!???
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    my2hands said:

Right, so America can only accept any semblance of fault, and can only accomplish regime change when there are 'boots on the ground', and it's not worth discussing her role unless it's a full scale invasion.
    my2hands said:
    I'll roll with Noam Chomsky on this one... 

So it's me or Noam?  Did you read my post?  His thoughts in the links you posted are contradictory.  Which Noam do you roll with, bro?
    Thanks for the effort, I can tell this took a lot of thought. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Kremlin 'bot' accounts spread fake news 45,000 times since Syria gas attack

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/19/kremlin-bot-accounts-spread-fake-news-45000-times-since-syria/
    edited April 2018

How to Read This Dashboard

The charts and graphs here display hashtags, topics and URLs promoted by Russia-linked influence networks on Twitter. Content is not necessarily produced or created by Russian government operatives, although that is sometimes the case. Instead, the network often opportunistically amplifies content created by third parties not directly linked to Russia. Common themes for amplification include content attacking the U.S. and Europe, conspiracy theories and disinformation. Russian influence operations also frequently promote extremism and divisive politics in Western countries. Just because the Russia-aligned network monitored here tweets something, that doesn’t mean everyone who tweets the same content is aligned with Russia. For a detailed discussion of this dashboard’s methodology, click here.

Top Themes

Updated on April 16, 4:05 PM

The Hamilton 68 dashboard has tracked a concerted campaign to present alternative narratives to sow doubt about the evidence that Assad was responsible for the Douma chemical attack. On the Saturday after the strike (4/14), 7 of the top 10 URLs being shared by accounts tracked by Hamilton 68 were towing the Kremlin line on the Syria strikes: including two separate articles (including one by Sputnik) that claimed the U.K. was behind the chemical attack. Four other top URLs were from RT. As of Sunday morning (4/15), Hamilton 68 showed Russian-linked accounts pushing a mix of disinformation narratives about both the Skripal poisoning in the U.K. and the Syria chemical attack. The Skripal case has been a consistent point of focus for the past month, with no fewer than 20 different alternative explanations (including shellfish positioning) promoted by monitored accounts. Both the Skripal case and the chemical attack in Syria show the Russian disinformation strategy of undermining the idea of truth, not actually presenting a real alternative case.

https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/
    Post edited by dignin on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Assad & Putin are not good guys I’m not ever gonna believe that they are good people ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Good guys are not dictators and these two dirt bags are just that ..
    ? For the two or three Putin & Assad sympathizers here why is it ok that they refuse to hold fair elections? And please don’t say Russia just did ...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    ? For the two or three Putin & Assad sympathizers here why is it ok that they refuse to hold fair elections? And please don’t say Russia just did ...
    how do we known election is fair?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    how do we known election is fair?
    That’s the point of my ? Why is that Putin & Assad are still in power ..
    You might get an idea of how fair the elections are by the numbers.

2000- Assad 99.7% of vote  
    2007- Assad 97.62% of vote
    2014- Assad 88.7% of vote

Those are some North Korean type numbers.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    "The ballots themselves, however, are just unnumbered slips of paper, and no one expects this show to have a surprise ending."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/13/474077689/parts-of-syria-vote-in-parliamentary-elections-that-critics-say-are-a-sham

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    Yeah, they made up this whole conspiracy to bomb Syria for an hour.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
    dignin said:

only in 2014 was their multi-party elections ...
    Yeah, they made up this whole conspiracy to bomb Syria for an hour.
    yet, you're the one who believes that assad would gas his own people just before liberating douma from jaysh al-islam and a week after trump says he will withdraw from syria ...

you do know every time they launch some missles ... it means another $200 million order for Raytheon and the media focusing on the middle east rather than white house scandals?
    JimmyV said:
    "The ballots themselves, however, are just unnumbered slips of paper, and no one expects this show to have a surprise ending."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/13/474077689/parts-of-syria-vote-in-parliamentary-elections-that-critics-say-are-a-sham

more of a sham than diebold or hanging chads?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/international-observers-syrias-voting-process-was-fair-and-democratic/5385388

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    polaris_x said:
    polaris_x said:

Duped? Honey pot?
    thanks ... I think this is the thing ... all I really hope for, as I've stated many times, is that people think about this critically as this guy did ...

I don't really understand why people are so invested in the Assad narrative!? ... they are unwilling to listen to alternative viewpoints despite the overwhelming accounts that don't follow that stream ... what scares me is these guys use the same mechanisms to dissuade dissention... calling things conspiracy theorists, assad-apologists, etc... widely used tactics by western states to shut down opposition ...

like i said before ... lies get harder to maintain ... like this is the narrative people are believing in douma ...

* assad just before liberating douma from jaysh al-islam and a week after trump said he's going to withdraw from syria launches a chemical attack against his own civilians ... of which 80% live under syrian protection
    * that chemical attack resulted in mass deaths which the syrian gov't FIRST buried in the ground and then dug up and transported away so no one could test them
    *  that all the peeople, doctors and nurses and eyewitnesses that were there being interviewed are plants or have been coerced by the gov't .. we are talking about people just standing in the street ... doctors who work at the hospital
    *  that the reports from msm while interviewing the terrorists that have been kicked out is truthful

it's mind boggling to me that people are accusing us of being conspiracy theorists!! ... 
    you have a great point about peoples "emotional investment" in syria/assad. I agree it is difficult to understand (although my hunch is it has everything to do with putin russia russia russia and "brutal dictators"). if you read thru the pages of posts, its easy to see who is (overly) emotionally invested and who isn't.

if i was duped by kremlin bots (2018 version of 2003 terrorists!) then they got to me early, my post was about 12 hours after the alleged incident happened.    

anyway, not sure if this was mentioned but... this was the first alleged chemical attack where journalists were allowed to interview witnesses and investigate. in previous alleged attacks, the "rebels" held control of the post attack areas and didn't allow journalists in to investigate or interview witnesses.

The difference between 2002 and 2018 is that no one then was claiming Saddam Hussein was a beloved figure in Iraq who drove his own car around Baghdad. We all knew what he was, even if we disagreed about what should or shouldn't be done militarily. I was against invading Iraq then and I'm against attacking Syria now. Not wanting to bomb Syria isn't what makes someone an apologist for Assad.

polaris_x said:
    JimmyV said:

more of a sham than diebold or hanging chads?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/international-observers-syrias-voting-process-was-fair-and-democratic/5385388

Whataboutism. Neither Diebold nor hanging chads prevented the peaceful transition of power between rival political factions here in the U.S. The same cannot be said of Syria.

polaris_x said:
    dignin said:

So you think 89% of the vote is realistic?

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    dignin said:
    polaris_x said:
    dignin said:

So you think 89% of the vote is realistic?

And the Ba’athists ran unopposed. Democracy!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    JimmyV said:
    The difference between 2002 and 2018 is that no one then was claiming Saddam Hussein was a beloved figure in Iraq who drove his own car around Baghdad. We all knew what he was, even if we disagreed about what should or shouldn't be done militarily. I was against invading Iraq then and I'm against attacking Syria now. Not wanting to bomb Syria isn't what makes someone an apologist for Assad.
    That pretty much sums it up for me... 

Nobody had seen me advocate for missile strikes... not really sure what should be done... but I tend to be strongly against military action

My issue is the painting of Assad as some kind of righteous leader who had done nothing wrong over the past 7 years... same with Putin, The Peacemaker ... totally ridiculous