The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Horos said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Second Hit?

Second Cup coffee chain is considering switching some of its coffee shops to pot shops.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-second-cup-eyes-converting-some-coffee-shops-into-marijuana-stores/

I saw this on the news this morning. Sounds like a good idea - investors seem to like it.
    I wish I had some extra money. I'd really like to buy stocks in this new industry. I think buying into production will make some people rich.

The packaging as well would be a good investment. IMO
    We're heavily into Kush.  And have stock in Namaste as well.  This is our future!  And aside from our Roth/401K etc. shit, it's all in which we are financially invested.

often, go for it!  The value will grow - not sure if pun is intended or not =)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    The legalization bill now goes to committee and then another vote?  Am I correct?  I’ve read that the government is thinking it won’t be legal until September...

the one one thing I am interested in is edibles...

2 times I tried edibles they sucked.

I havent read anything on edibles, will they be allowed?  if not, does the government have timeline?

i have also read the the medical producers would like the option to sell edibles.

and if they do, it would be nice.

I’ve grown my own for the past three years and I make my own edibles that come out really good , if people want to make a dent into the black market it should be legal for all citizens to grow their own ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The legalization bill now goes to committee and then another vote?  Am I correct?  I’ve read that the government is thinking it won’t be legal until September...

I havent read anything on edibles, will they be allowed?  if not, does the government have timeline?

i have also read the the medical producers would like the option to sell edibles.

I’ve grown my own for the past three years and I make my own edibles that come out really good , if people want to make a dent into the black market it should be legal for all citizens to grow their own ..
    Agreed...I believe under Canada's legalization you'll be able to grow 4 plants.  I think some provinces will likely be passing their own legislation in regards to grow your own pot, landlords and real estate agents are expressing concern about homes that have been used to grow pot might be full of mould.  I'm not an expert at growing, but would 4 plants under 100cm cause much moisture problem?  I'm curious as I would like to grow my own and save a few $$$ ... I have the space, I own a townhome .... but I do not want to jeopardize my resale value?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587

Agreed...I believe under Canada's legalization you'll be able to grow 4 plants.  I think some provinces will likely be passing their own legislation in regards to grow your own pot, landlords and real estate agents are expressing concern about homes that have been used to grow pot might be full of mould.  I'm not an expert at growing, but would 4 plants under 100cm cause much moisture problem?  I'm curious as I would like to grow my own and save a few $$$ ... I have the space, I own a townhome .... but I do not want to jeopardize my resale value?
    I’m not sure how they’re coming up with mold concerns. From what I know, growers want to actively avoid mold growth. 

I’m not sure how they’re coming up with mold concerns. From what I know, growers want to actively avoid mold growth. 
    Once again I'm not an expert ... but it a concern to those groups.  I'm guessing their is a lt of moisture involved in the growing process which causes mold in behind the walls...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Poll suggests public supports landlords’ right to ban pot

http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/1557286-poll-suggests-public-supports-landlords’-right-to-ban-pot

Here is an article...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Just to make it clear i'm an outdoor grower i can't afford all the lights & equipment needed for growing indoors plus its way more time consumming , if you live in a state that allows for you to grow i'd start outdoors in potts i've had some really nice results with good nutrients and PH correct water ..
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I am also not an expert but a friend bought a house years ago in which one room had been used for a grow op. Perhaps the growers weren’t that skilled but there were terrible mould problems and that area needed to be gutted and redone. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Poll suggests public supports landlords’ right to ban pot

http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/1557286-poll-suggests-public-supports-landlords’-right-to-ban-pot

Here is an article...
    I don't dissagree with this train of thought i own my house so i can do as i please but if i rented i'd prefer the person grow outdoors if its legal to do so ..
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Happy 420 on a Friday!

Image result for friday movie

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Happy 420! My regular shop is having a $15 / eighth sale today. 

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    First truly legal 4/20 here.  Seems to be a happy vibe in the air :)

I do hope that next year, all can say the same.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438

Just to make it clear i'm an outdoor grower i can't afford all the lights & equipment needed for growing indoors plus its way more time consumming , if you live in a state that allows for you to grow i'd start outdoors in potts i've had some really nice results with good nutrients and PH correct water ..
    Grew outside for the 1st time last year (3 plants) and all went well and got a great crop. Getting ready to get 4 more plants in the ground. Got our seeds from a seed dispensary. We actually just cut clones yesterday. Excited to get them going again!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    If anybody is going to the Barcelona show, the marijuana clubs in Barcelona sell the best gummies. I never even liked edibles that much until I tried these. Technically, you need to be a member to get in the door to buy them.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited June 2018
    So, no news until September?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Final bill has passed the Senate in Canada, with legal availability projected for 8-12 weeks:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-passes-government-pot-bill-1.4713222
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Congratulations!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Now i've made my own Tincture and i like it too just do 1ml about 17 drops worth in a glass of water or juice 30 mnts i'm crusing along fine ...I like edibles or tinctures with edibles i know 1 hr into it i'll be getting high i smoke when i'm home mostly on weekends but nowhere as much as i use to yrs ago ...My days of buying weed are over now i grow my own ..
    NY is getting ready to decriminalize it!

recreational use is on the ballot.

Both Cuomo and Deblasio are on board if you can believe that?!?
    Now i've made my own Tincture and i like it too just do 1ml about 17 drops worth in a glass of water or juice 30 mnts i'm crusing along fine ...I like edibles or tinctures with edibles i know 1 hr into it i'll be getting high i smoke when i'm home mostly on weekends but nowhere as much as i use to yrs ago ...My days of buying weed are over now i grow my own ..
    NY is getting ready to decriminalize it!

recreational use is on the ballot.

Both Cuomo and Deblasio are on board if you can believe that?!?
    Is it likely to pass?

Sure would like to see this go nationwide-- though I would not mind separating one or two of the more desolate states like Nevada and making them "pot free" zones.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I am also not an expert but a friend bought a house years ago in which one room had been used for a grow op. Perhaps the growers weren’t that skilled but there were terrible mould problems and that area needed to be gutted and redone. 
    a buddy of mine bought an old grow op house, very nice house, but it was mould infested, so he got it for dirt cheap. unless your set up is incredibly sophisticated, I believe, you can't avoid the mould issue indoors. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    a buddy of mine bought an old grow op house, very nice house, but it was mould infested, so he got it for dirt cheap. unless your set up is incredibly sophisticated, I believe, you can't avoid the mould issue indoors. 
    Absolutely - no landlord should be forced to allow indoor growing; it's nearly impossible for that to not cause damage.... I don't think they should be able to restrict natural growing out on the balcony though. That isn't any different than growing any other kind of houseplant out there, I've never heard of a landlord who didn't allow that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    The UK parliament seems to now be considering an end to the prohibition too - it's at least a "conversation" right now. Once Canada does it, I think it's pretty likely that the UK will follow suit, at least after a couple years when they can learn something from Canada's process, mistakes, solutions, etc.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    brianlux said:
    Congratulations!
    whoooooooohoooooooooooo! Its about time!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    If you have a doctors script its been legal for a while.   Only a fool would not have a doctors script....
    Give Peas A Chance…
    If you have a doctors script its been legal for a while.   Only a fool would not have a doctors script....
    Anywhere, or in Canada?

brianlux said:
    Anywhere, or in Canada?
    Not quite sure I understand your question, but the medicinal marijuana program is legal throughout Canada and has been for several years. 
    brianlux said:
    Anywhere, or in Canada?
    Not quite sure I understand your question, but the medicinal marijuana program is legal throughout Canada and has been for several years. 
    I was curious as to whether Meltdown thought anyone anywhere would be a fool not to have a script..  I assumed he or she meant Canada but I'm not sure.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Anywhere, or in Canada?
    I was curious as to whether Meltdown thought anyone anywhere would be a fool not to have a script..  I assumed he or she meant Canada but I'm not sure.
    I think anyone who is able to get a script should, yes.  The biggest concern I have is the lack of reliable roadside testing for impaired drivers. I have read that they figure anywhere from 90 - 120 minutes from the last time you toked before you should drive, obviously much longer for edibles.  So how are the police going to react?  As frequent traveller by automobile to the US the US customs could and most likely will have the added question (by some, not all) ... Do you smoke marijuana?  There has been numerous articles in print media that suggest never admit to a US customs officer that you are a user or have used.  So yes, I would have like these 2 issues clarified...these 2 issues are not what you call growing pains, these 2 issues if not enforced correctly will have serious consequences for someone.  That why I preferred the less noisy method, decriminalization to start...in the end Brian the government see it as a tax grab...and that's the sham of the whole legalization.  A herb that so many people use in which people claim (myself included) helps with such a variety of ailments...that's why your governments and my government are pathetic...we are just ATM's to them.

Another concern (and maybe its been addressed) ... What about the mountains of people that have been convicted for simple pot offences?

These criminals records should be immediately scrubbed clean... 

Give Peas A Chance…