*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I know it won't be the Super Bowl Champions Philadelphia Eagles parade, but I could use a more laid back parade anyway....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    pjhawks said:

awwwww.....still a little salty, hawks? I'm SO happy I was off on them being a year ahead of schedule!

Get on board buddy. You should've trusted the process, but all are welcome on this train. Hop on.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:

awwwww.....still a little salty, hawks? I'm SO happy I was off on them being a year ahead of schedule!

Get on board buddy. You should've trusted the process, but all are welcome on this train. Hop on.

not salty at all. just found it funny you posted something ripping on your own prediction.  I love Simmons and was on board with him from the beginning. If you recall I said his upside was being the next Magic Johnson. Just didn't think he would get there this quickly.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just scored a club box seat for tonight. Haven't been to a Sixers playoff game since game 7 v. the Bucks in 2001
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin said:
    Just scored a club box seat for tonight. Haven't been to a Sixers playoff game since game 7 v. the Bucks in 2001
    That's sweet.  Saturday night looked awesome.  Definitely going to a game next round assuming they make it.
    edited April 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

not salty at all. just found it funny you posted something ripping on your own prediction.  I love Simmons and was on board with him from the beginning. If you recall I said his upside was being the next Magic Johnson. Just didn't think he would get there this quickly.
    Never said they “won’t” win 40. I said 39 and playoffs...the $500 you lost to me should remind you of that. Certainly thought 40 or more was possible as evidenced by my comments after the o/u came out last Summer. The reference in the tweet was directed towards people like Colin Cowherd who said 40 just was not possible (and all the other people who were adamant that the success the team is having as a direct result of The Process was not a realistic expectation. Those people (hello!) are obviously dead wrong)

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Why do people pretend Hinke invented tanking?
    They don’t. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    They don’t. 
    Ah yeah, kinda, pretty much.  He just sustained it over a longer period, put a cool marketing slogan on it when in fact NBA teams have been doing for decades
    edited April 2018
    They don’t. 
    Ah yeah, kinda, pretty much.  He just sustained it over a longer period, put a cool marketing slogan on it when in fact NBA teams have been doing for decades

How many times have we discussed this? The answer's the same every time.

He's the first and only to do it for three years when they did not receive the desired outcome after year one. Didn't invent it but he's the only one to stick with it. No team ever had the balls to stick with it for that long and it ultimately cost him his job, after the commissioner got involved.

Regardless, he deserves the lion share of credit for putting the building blocks in place for what appears to be a team that's poised to contend for a championship for the foreseeable future. That's the most important point here.

And there was no "process" marketing slogan that I am aware of. It was just something he said in a press conference that a portion of the fan base gravitated towards..

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Never said they “won’t” win 40. I said 39 and playoffs...the $500 you lost to me should remind you of that. Certainly thought 40 or more was possible as evidenced by my comments after the o/u came out last Summer. The reference in the tweet was directed towards people like Colin Cowherd who said 40 just was not possible (and all the other people who were adamant that the success the team is having as a direct result of The Process was not a realistic expectation. Those people (hello!) are obviously dead wrong)

haha that's some fucked up logic right there boys. now predicting 39 wins is somehow "not saying they wouldn't win 40".  

edited April 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

haha that's some fucked up logic right there boys. now predicting 39 wins is somehow "not saying they wouldn't win 40".  

You able to enjoy this playoff run, or nah, because it cost you $500 betting against that it would happen?

TTP hawks.

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You able to enjoy this playoff run, or nah, because it cost you $500 betting against that it would happen?

TTP hawks.

of course i can enjoy it. being off by a year or two on when they would make playoffs doesn't mean I'm not happy where they are now. I mean didn't you enjoy the Eagles Super Bowl after ripping on the coach (Ederson not Pederson) and the stud QB when drafted (not a high enough level, Dakota Tebow)?
    They don’t. 
    it is weird how some of this fan base needs validation on the previous GMs work.  I can't remember in any sport a GM being canonized like this guy.  It's like all his self praise brainwashed some of these people.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    I know I said the team would fall a part and I was wrong!  Ben Simmons has been a joy to watch.

Tell you what, I wouldn't remind Lebron going over to play with them!
    I was not a fan of Colangelo's moves but for getting Ersan, Marco and a having a healthy Fultz, got to give props.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

TTP hawks.

of course i can enjoy it. being off by a year or two on when they would make playoffs doesn't mean I'm not happy where they are now. I mean didn't you enjoy the Eagles Super Bowl after ripping on the coach (Ederson not Pederson) and the stud QB when drafted (not a high enough level, Dakota Tebow)?

So you were only off by "a year or two." HAHAHA. Dude, when the Sixers clinched you lost $500.

I've never seen anyone be so wrong about anything in these threads than you have about the Process and now you're trying to play it off like nobody has the ability to go back and reread all of your lobs of stupidity over the last 5 years?

Again--I appreciate you paying up. I really do. Easy money for those pooches. God bless them.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited April 2018

JK_Livin said:
    I was not a fan of Colangelo's moves but for getting Ersan, Marco and a having a healthy Fultz, got to give props.

Absolutely. He handled the Nerlens/Jah situation poorly and the Bayless signing was a mistake---but the moves this year have been spot on. Perfect pieces to the Ben and Jojo puzzle. Don't forget JJ too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

TTP hawks.

So you were only off by "a year or two." HAHAHA. Dude, when the Sixers clinched you lost $500.

I've never seen anyone be so wrong about anything in these threads than you have about the Process and now you're trying to play it off like nobody has the ability to go back and reread all of your lobs of stupidity over the last 5 years?

Again--I appreciate you paying up. I really do. Easy money for those pooches. God bless them.

** cough cough ** chip kelly? 

funny thing is i actually predicted more wins in the pre-season this year than you did. so i guess you were more wrong?

Only a complete ahole wouldn't pay off a bet.  it should be expected.

"So in 2 years they are going from 10 wins to a playoff team? sorry but that's utterly fucking absurd unless they sign a top 10 level free agent to add to the mix of young guys. I guess you didn't quite understand the first time i mentioned that winning 20 more games next year still puts them in the bottom 5 of the NBA and nowhere near close to the playoffs. I think you are setting yourself up for a big letdown next year and the following year. Yes they will have a big talent upgrade but it will be incredibly young and inexperienced. It took OKC with Durant 3 years to make the playoffs. The T'Wolves with the last 2 NBA Rookies of the Year only won 29 games this year (albeit in a much tougher conference). and you expect this team and franchise to get 40 some wins in 2 years?"

pjhawks, May, 2016 (2 years ago).

chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

"So in 2 years they are going from 10 wins to a playoff team? sorry but that's utterly fucking absurd unless they sign a top 10 level free agent to add to the mix of young guys. I guess you didn't quite understand the first time i mentioned that winning 20 more games next year still puts them in the bottom 5 of the NBA and nowhere near close to the playoffs. I think you are setting yourself up for a big letdown next year and the following year. Yes they will have a big talent upgrade but it will be incredibly young and inexperienced. It took OKC with Durant 3 years to make the playoffs. The T'Wolves with the last 2 NBA Rookies of the Year only won 29 games this year (albeit in a much tougher conference). and you expect this team and franchise to get 40 some wins in 2 years?"

pjhawks, May, 2016 (2 years ago).

RIP Hal Greer
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I hate miami.

BTW - donovan mitchell is a MUCH better free throw shooter than ben.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    I hate miami.

BTW - donovan mitchell is a MUCH better free throw shooter than ben.
    yeah ben isn't the best FT shooter in the world.  Better win game 3.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Ugly game. Fultz looked awful in his short stint on the floor.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    You were there right? Seemed loud as hell. 

Was as wondering if Justin Anderson was going to make an appearance since the three’s weren’t falling as much. You get much better perimeter defense with him than Marco and he can shoot a little bit. 

Miami’s d on JJ was phenomenal. He had no room to shoot the entire game. They were just tougher all around than the Sixers. Gotta adjust for Thursday...

chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    You were there right? Seemed loud as hell. 

Was as wondering if Justin Anderson was going to make an appearance since the three’s weren’t falling as much. You get much better perimeter defense with him than Marco and he can shoot a little bit. 

Miami’s d on JJ was phenomenal. He had no room to shoot the entire game. They were just tougher all around than the Sixers. Gotta adjust for Thursday...

was loud at times. Pretty quiet when Miami went on the 2nd quarter run. I was thinking the same thing about Anderson. Plus he could use his size on D. Rob Base was the half-time show. Had high school flashbacks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Emiid doubtful for game 3.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA