I have a question about guns

1234568»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    The Behar tweet is fake. Please do some research before you post such things to try and prove "both sides".

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joy-behar-trump-tower-fire/
    Damn I broke my own rule lol. My bad!! I could have sworn it was real. 
    It happens to the best of us McG.  If I thought about some of the things I've seen on the interent that I've fallen for I'd be downright embarrassed!  :bawling:

Anyway, back to the shoot-em-up theme here...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:
    Anyone following the Laura Ingraham story over the last couple of weeks will know the American right doesn't understand the first amendment, so why do you assume they get the second correct?

Also America 'deserving' guns ain't working out for you, try changing that?
    I don’t follow her story because I don’t like her. But what makes you think she’s the spokeswoman for the right?
    Do you think that she’s not? 
    It's like when people say 'why don't Muslim leaders speak out against terrorism more and stand up to crazy fundamentalists'.  The entire right wing mouthpieces are crazies at fox, breitbart, infowars and so much more psycho sources, but they won't speak out against them because that is actually what they watch and where they get their 'news'.  Or internet memes.
    So now your comparing Laura Ingraham to Muslim Terrorists? Why do we need to speak out against her? Does the left speak out against anything crazy they talk about on The View?   They’ve said some weird stuff on that show, but t I don’t consider them spokeswomen for anyone.
    funny how you think all conservatives watch only fox and bow down to anyone on that channel. Not really accurate, when you consider that 3 million views is a big night for that program and roughly half the country is conservative.
    Yeah, she’s a spokesperson for the right. Has been for a long time. Her television show is by no means her only area of influence, and probably not the largest one. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/lifestyle/style/laura-ingraham-was-trump-before-trump-but-is-she-made-for-tv/2017/10/24/d1481916-b50e-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html
    I just really hate ignorant statements like "American right doesn't understand the first amendment" based on one thing one person said.
    I guess you can all her a spokesperson, but with 3 million views a night and 8 million weekly listeners (I don't know how that is measured, is 8 million weekly mean about 1.6 daily?). Either way, it is a very small percentage of the conservative population who listens to her. 
    I was responded to the comment I quoted above, and that really is just ignorant to state or believe that based off of what 1 person says,
    Should I take the dumbest thing said by some liberal commentator and apply that to everyone who didn't vote for Trump? I certainly wouldn't do that.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:
    Anyone following the Laura Ingraham story over the last couple of weeks will know the American right doesn't understand the first amendment, so why do you assume they get the second correct?

I don’t follow her story because I don’t like her. But what makes you think she’s the spokeswoman for the right?
    Do you think that she’s not? 
    It's like when people say 'why don't Muslim leaders speak out against terrorism more and stand up to crazy fundamentalists'.  The entire right wing mouthpieces are crazies at fox, breitbart, infowars and so much more psycho sources, but they won't speak out against them because that is actually what they watch and where they get their 'news'.  Or internet memes.
    So now your comparing Laura Ingraham to Muslim Terrorists? Why do we need to speak out against her? Does the left speak out against anything crazy they talk about on The View?   They’ve said some weird stuff on that show, but t I don’t consider them spokeswomen for anyone.
    funny how you think all conservatives watch only fox and bow down to anyone on that channel. Not really accurate, when you consider that 3 million views is a big night for that program and roughly half the country is conservative.
    Yeah, she’s a spokesperson for the right. Has been for a long time. Her television show is by no means her only area of influence, and probably not the largest one. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/lifestyle/style/laura-ingraham-was-trump-before-trump-but-is-she-made-for-tv/2017/10/24/d1481916-b50e-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html
    I just really hate ignorant statements like "American right doesn't understand the first amendment" based on one thing one person said.
    I guess you can all her a spokesperson, but with 3 million views a night and 8 million weekly listeners (I don't know how that is measured, is 8 million weekly mean about 1.6 daily?). Either way, it is a very small percentage of the conservative population who listens to her. 
    I was responded to the comment I quoted above, and that really is just ignorant to state or believe that based off of what 1 person says,
    Should I take the dumbest thing said by some liberal commentator and apply that to everyone who didn't vote for Trump? I certainly wouldn't do that.
    I'd say the only proof anyone needs to legitimately claim that the right doesn't understand the first amendment is the fact that they support a president who attacks the first amendment pretty much every day on Twitter.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The left sometimes doesn’t understand the first amendment either:

That's a crappy thing to tweet, but what about it demonstrates that "the left" doesn't understand the first amendment?
    It was a "crappy" think to tweet just for herself I guess. More stupid than crappy really ... I mean... it's honest. I think a LOT of people would be glad if they woke up to the news of Trump's death (just saying Kat, not wishing death upon anyone here! ;) ). I guess it's just a matter of attitude. I have noticed that a lot of people are conditioned to get really offended any time someone says anything about hoping someone is dead. They think it's just horrific. But since such thoughts have literally no impact on anything, and it's just thoughts, I personally don't find it offensive. I also think people have such thoughts (not just about Trump) a lot more often than they are willing to admit. I also think that plenty of people will feign offense because that is what they're supposed to do, when inside they really were kinda thinking the same thing. But anyway, anyone is an idiot for tweeting anything about the POTUS dying. It never goes well. One has to wonder how Joy Behar thought that was anything other than a terrible idea.

Well, you know.... part of a civilized society is that we don't voice every thought that pops into our heads, justified or not. 
    Fine, but that doesn't mean everyone has to pretend to be offended by it.
    I agree. I have been skewered in the past by voicing my truth about someone who has passed away. not that I wished for their death, just that I....um.....wasn't particularly saddened by it. 

I think there's a difference between not being saddened by the news that someone died, and saying "hey, I hope this person I don't like dies!" In my opinion, that's in pretty poor taste, no matter who it is. 
    Yeah, but why should it matter if it's in poor taste? So what? It's the same with everyone being offended all the time... SO WHAT?

Because the world just keeps getting more and more vile, the more that people don't care that they are saying things that are in poor taste. 

It's like that guy (we all know one) who says whatever the hell insulting stuff he wants, and justifies it by saying "I just call it the way I see it". Yeah, that's true, and the attitude makes him a jerk. The world is better when we don't say every stupid thing that pops into our heads. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

Totally fake news bro
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That's a crappy thing to tweet, but what about it demonstrates that "the left" doesn't understand the first amendment?
    It was a "crappy" think to tweet just for herself I guess. More stupid than crappy really ... I mean... it's honest. I think a LOT of people would be glad if they woke up to the news of Trump's death (just saying Kat, not wishing death upon anyone here! ;) ). I guess it's just a matter of attitude. I have noticed that a lot of people are conditioned to get really offended any time someone says anything about hoping someone is dead. They think it's just horrific. But since such thoughts have literally no impact on anything, and it's just thoughts, I personally don't find it offensive. I also think people have such thoughts (not just about Trump) a lot more often than they are willing to admit. I also think that plenty of people will feign offense because that is what they're supposed to do, when inside they really were kinda thinking the same thing. But anyway, anyone is an idiot for tweeting anything about the POTUS dying. It never goes well. One has to wonder how Joy Behar thought that was anything other than a terrible idea.

Well, you know.... part of a civilized society is that we don't voice every thought that pops into our heads, justified or not. 
    I agree. I have been skewered in the past by voicing my truth about someone who has passed away. not that I wished for their death, just that I....um.....wasn't particularly saddened by it. 

I think there's a difference between not being saddened by the news that someone died, and saying "hey, I hope this person I don't like dies!" In my opinion, that's in pretty poor taste, no matter who it is. 
    Yeah, but why should it matter if it's in poor taste? So what? It's the same with everyone being offended all the time... SO WHAT?

Because the world just keeps getting more and more vile, the more that people don't care that they are saying things that are in poor taste. 

It's like that guy (we all know one) who says whatever the hell insulting stuff he wants, and justifies it by saying "I just call it the way I see it". Yeah, that's true, and the attitude makes him a jerk. The world is better when we don't say every stupid thing that pops into our heads. 
    That's so easy  to do on the internet.  I've been guilty of that a few times.  That preview button can be very handy that way.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    The Behar tweet is fake. Please do some research before you post such things to try and prove "both sides".

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joy-behar-trump-tower-fire/
    Damn I broke my own rule lol. My bad!! I could have sworn it was real. 
    General rule: If it's a picture or meme on social media, it's likely fake.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I absolutely do not think that some people thinking the POTUS being dead would be better for everyone is what is making the world more vile right now!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I absolutely do not think that some people thinking the POTUS being dead would be better for everyone is what is making the world more vile right now!
    you're a little biased on that one particular position though. many of us are. the point is not the specifics of the comment, but the overall tone of the sentiment. take trump out of it. the subject of the comment is irrelevant. would it be ok for someone to say they wished that Hillary were dead? Or Chelsea? or Eddie Vedder?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

"Thinking" and "saying" are two different things.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Nice broad stroke right there.  
    Who says America is “deserving” of guns?  It is a constitutional right. 
    Not all gun ownership is protected by the 2A... Connecticut successfully banned sales of all AR 15 style weapons after Sandy Hook and it was held up and passed over by the SCOTUS... 

I don't think this is talked about enough
    This I know but it is still a constitutional right. Maryland also has an assault weapons ban upheld. 
    ok, but saying "it's a constitutional right" is the same to me as my kid asking why they can't do something and me saying "because I said so". it's not really an answer. it's a non-answer. 

there are valid reasons fo other ammendments, like free speech, voter equality, etc. those can be easily explained by all people. the right to bear arms is only justified by the ammendment itself, not the reason for the ammendment. 
    Which, we all should know, is grossly antiquated given the types of arms available today vs 200 years ago, and utterly irrelevant for the times.
    I disagree; one could argue the 1st amendment is antiquated as well since the internet was not around in the 1700's.  
    The existence of the internet does not change the reason for or relevance of the first amendment.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is it “responsible” for a “responsible” gun owner and NRA board member, Ted Shithead Nugent, to openly advocate for the shooting of dems onsite like rabid coyotes? Is that fucking “responsible” advocacy for gun rights? Further, where are all the “responsible” repubes and gun owners condemning such talk, on a mass media platform no less? Where are the “responsible” ones? The gun rights crowd and the NRA are the most irresponsible advocates out there. “Responsible” my fucking ass.
    He's one asshole that ran his mouth.  I' m not sure how he represents the masses.
    I feel like the NRA definitely does represent the masses (as evidenced by the fact that voters vote for politicians who are controlled by the NRA), and Nugent is an NRA board member, so that would be how Nugent represents the masses, like it or not. American democracy at work!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurfGOIQoaU&t=112s
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by none other than the RW radio personality, Alex Jones. The coyote comment comes at about 2:55. Ted is a a board member of the National Rife Association, a NON-PROFIT organization that represents 5 million gun toters that was given "donations" by Russia. NRA admits to a mere $5000 or so from Russia. It is still undetermined whether Alexander Torshin, an oligarch with Putin ties, gave significant sums to the NRA. The NRA's non-profit status ensures they pay no taxes.

McClatchy DC Bureau states:
    "However, the NRA reported spending a record $55 million on the 2016 elections, including $30 million to support Trump – triple what the group devoted to backing Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential race. Most of that was money was spent by an arm of the NRA that is not required to disclose its donors."
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article195231139.html
    It must have been a really good 4 years for the NRA, between 2012 and 2016. Triple the donations!

I am sure that all NRA members have excellent mental health, as seen to by their greatest of Presidents Ronald Wilson Reagan, who cut mental health funding by 30% in 1981. About 16% of the prison population is mentally ill. In 2010, the United States had about 43,000 psychiatric beds, about the same number it had in 1850. So other than prison, there aren't a lot of places for the mentally ill, which means they are out here roaming around with the rest of us. There are approximately 101 guns for every 100 residents in the US. So there are probably a few that get in the hands of those untreated mentally ill people in this country. I hope none of them listen to NRA board member, Nugent.

There are more than a few NRA members who are responsible gun owners. You know, the good guys with a gun. Why don't they speak up?

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke.

And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is it “responsible” for a “responsible” gun owner and NRA board member, Ted Shithead Nugent, to openly advocate for the shooting of dems onsite like rabid coyotes? Is that fucking “responsible” advocacy for gun rights? Further, where are all the “responsible” repubes and gun owners condemning such talk, on a mass media platform no less? Where are the “responsible” ones? The gun rights crowd and the NRA are the most irresponsible advocates out there. “Responsible” my fucking ass.
    He's one asshole that ran his mouth.  I' m not sure how he represents the masses.
    I feel like the NRA definitely does represent the masses (as evidenced by the fact that voters vote for politicians who are controlled by the NRA), and Nugent is an NRA board member, so that would be how Nugent represents the masses, like it or not. American democracy at work!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurfGOIQoaU&t=112s
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by none other than the RW radio personality, Alex Jones. The coyote comment comes at about 2:55. Ted is a a board member of the National Rife Association, a NON-PROFIT organization that represents 5 million gun toters that was given "donations" by Russia. NRA admits to a mere $5000 or so from Russia. It is still undetermined whether Alexander Torshin, an oligarch with Putin ties, gave significant sums to the NRA. The NRA's non-profit status ensures they pay no taxes.

McClatchy DC Bureau states:
    "However, the NRA reported spending a record $55 million on the 2016 elections, including $30 million to support Trump – triple what the group devoted to backing Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential race. Most of that was money was spent by an arm of the NRA that is not required to disclose its donors."
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article195231139.html
    It must have been a really good 4 years for the NRA, between 2012 and 2016. Triple the donations!

I am sure that all NRA members have excellent mental health, as seen to by their greatest of Presidents Ronald Wilson Reagan, who cut mental health funding by 30% in 1981. About 16% of the prison population is mentally ill. In 2010, the United States had about 43,000 psychiatric beds, about the same number it had in 1850. So other than prison, there aren't a lot of places for the mentally ill, which means they are out here roaming around with the rest of us. There are approximately 101 guns for every 100 residents in the US. So there are probably a few that get in the hands of those untreated mentally ill people in this country. I hope none of them listen to NRA board member, Nugent.

There are more than a few NRA members who are responsible gun owners. You know, the good guys with a gun. Why don't they speak up?

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke.

I've been wondering this ever since I heard Shithead Ted's comments. Silence=complicity and the silence is deafening.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Fuck Ted Nugent, he's a loser
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    my2hands said:
    Agreed.  Signed a nra member. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Have you registered your distaste for his comments with the NRA? Asked for his position on the board to be revoked? 

The NRA is like any other organization; if a sufficient number of members demanded a change, then it would happen. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Have you registered your distaste for his comments with the NRA? Asked for his position on the board to be revoked? 

The NRA is like any other organization; if a sufficient number of members demanded a change, then it would happen. 
    If that were the case Wayne LaPeirre wouldn’t be president after Sandy Hook.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Did a sufficient number of NRA members register their disgust? 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

What did he do after sandy hook?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Yes, please
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Why does the NRA out up with this guy?  I would think your guys would be swamping NRA headquarters with letter and petitions get get him to shut the fvck up.  I still sometimes wonder if he isn't really an anti-gun kind of guy working underground to trash your organization.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  You have to know, he's doing a great job of it!

• LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    Have you seen that new video game that's being released June 6th? 
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Thank the NRA.
    The NRA helped write much current gun control.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:
    Thank the NRA.
    that's like holding drug dealers in high esteem for helping write drug laws. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:
    Thank the NRA.

Which explains the state of the gun control laws.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    unsung said:
    Thank the NRA.

Which explains the state of the gun control laws.
    Yeah, that wasn't exactly the most effective rebuttal there from unsung.  Kinda reminds me of some song lyrics:

"Your contribution left unnoticed some
    Association with an image"
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    It is an excellent reply when you understand that I oppose the NRA for reasons that you refuse to acknowledge.