The Golf Thread

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    I find spieth cocky. I hope he melts. But doubt it. Rory will probably putt badly and ruin his great drives. Finau looks good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I find spieth cocky. I hope he melts. But doubt it. Rory will probably putt badly and ruin his great drives. Finau looks good
    I think Spieth is a pretty humble guy. He does have some antics on the course that can be annoying, but he’s a good dude. I’d love to see Finau win after the ankle. What a story that would be. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    I think after today we will see how big the lead could be and who is really in contention. Looks open still so that's good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Spieth cocky????  Seriously???  He's pretty much the most boring dude in the world.  Type of guy who says "aw shucks" after he hits a bad shot.  With how good he is, he should be cocky but I don't see it at all...
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Least cocky guy on tour. I hate him because he’s so good, and I’m so bad.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

Tiger is not out of it after Day 1 so that is exciting.  I think he can only improve on this first round.  He hasn't played a major in years so the adrenaline must have been felt. 

tiger is behind a whole bunch of good players.....and an amateur :triumph:

stick a fork in tiger.

Um....he's tied with the likes of Rahm, Rose, DJ, Berger, Duffner, and Matsuyama....in like his 6th tournament in well over a year.

This must suck for you!

chinese-happy.jpg
    Looks like scoring is not as easy today. I wonder if they’ll be able to get the round in tomorrow. Weather looks pretty shaky. Sure hope so because I planned on watching all afternoon. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    bbiggs said:
    Looks like scoring is not as easy today. I wonder if they’ll be able to get the round in tomorrow. Weather looks pretty shaky. Sure hope so because I planned on watching all afternoon. 
    Yeeeeeeah, my weekend is kinda planned around this.  
    bbiggs said:
    Yeeeeeeah, my weekend is kinda planned around this.  
    Have a wedding tomorrow so won't be able to see a lot, but I'll be laying my hungover ass on the couch all day Sunday for the final round.  I already told my wife to not expect much from me in the parenting department on Sunday.  
    ^ Haha. Sounds like the same conversation in my household, except I told her not to expect much from me starting tonight (watching the replay) through Sunday night. I see a lot of sitting on the couch, beer and junk food in my future. Just what Masters weekend should be. 
    So it appears that Amen Corner 4k app is only for Direct TV this year. That blows. 

If they can't get all of tomorrow in, I'm guessing tv coverage on Sunday still won't start till 2 again?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So it appears that Amen Corner 4k app is only for Direct TV this year. That blows. 

If they can't get all of tomorrow in, I'm guessing tv coverage on Sunday still won't start till 2 again?
    Not sure how they would handle that.  But we just know that the masters is committed to giving us as little TV coverage as possible....I'll never understand it.
    I know Tiger is out of it, but I just can’t understand how he’s 0 for 6 on par 5’s so far. It’s a baffling statistic. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    So Tiger is close to maybe missing the cut.  When are some of you diehard Tiger faithful going to admit that a 42 year old golfer with back issues might be nothing more than a mediocre to good pro golfer at this point ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    So Tiger is close to maybe missing the cut.  When are some of you diehard Tiger faithful going to admit that a 42 year old golfer with back issues might be nothing more than a mediocre to good pro golfer at this point ... 
    Never because it’s not accurate. He will win on tour this year and will win another major. Mediocre golfers don’t do that. 
    lol
    The response should be a gif of that show Tiger just pulled off.  Not mediocre...
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Wobbie said:

Tiger is not out of it after Day 1 so that is exciting.  I think he can only improve on this first round.  He hasn't played a major in years so the adrenaline must have been felt. 

tiger is behind a whole bunch of good players.....and an amateur :triumph:

stick a fork in tiger.

Um....he's tied with the likes of Rahm, Rose, DJ, Berger, Duffner, and Matsuyama....in like his 6th tournament in well over a year.

This must suck for you!

Rob is a curmudgeon 
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    edited April 2018
    That one was mediocre.

Amazing 280 yard stinger followed by a 150 water ball.  Oops.
    Reed 5 under on the front 9 alone! Hard for me to get behind this guy but that’s impressive stuff. 
    Pretty awesome that the fire fighter gets to bring home some hardware
    Pretty awesome that the fire fighter gets to bring home some hardware
    Hell yeah 
    Can’t buy a putt
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Should be a fun weekend with such a star packed leader board. Sorry Tiger fans not going to happen this weekend!!!
    14 majors to none in the 5 groups behind the leaders
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    don’t despair.....tiger will probably be OK on the senior tour.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Tiger and Poulter today. HAHA--that is awesome
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This is Fucking glorious
    This is Fucking glorious
    This leaderboard is awesome.  Rory is winning this thing...
    This is Fucking glorious
    This leaderboard is awesome.  Rory is winning this thing...
    I hope. Would like Rickie too but not banking on it. Anyone but Reed.